[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else regret that they rejected religion? dealing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: aaaaaaaaaahhh.png (333 KB, 449x336) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaahhh.png
333 KB, 449x336
Does anybody else regret that they rejected religion?
dealing with the meaningless of existence is such a fucking hassle. I can't convince myself that life is worth living or that I should kill myself, since it does not matter anyway. so I'm stuck in this place of absolute indifference.
I mean, if I stayed a true believer, I could probably be happy right now. Of course it would not matter anyway, but at least I would enjoy this ride to nowhere.
>>
Never understood that argument. Sure in the grand scheme of things everything is meaningless but there has to be something that makes you happy. Find that thing and do it
>>
File: 1444259501383.png (625 KB, 500x794) Image search: [Google]
1444259501383.png
625 KB, 500x794
>>24620700

Pick up a drug addiction. None of this shit matters and drugs give you something to do while we pass the time waiting for death. Hell, if you're lucky Christmas might just come early. Before using heroin I had all these problems; now I just have one.
>>
>>24620700
Same, every day.

I live in a religious environment and have to deal with watching people laughing and being happy every day.

But no, I had to be born in a mixed marriage. I WAS RAISED AN ATHEIST, I WAS BORN IN A WORLD WITHOUT ANY MEANING OR SENSE.

Are you here, OP?
>>
File: 1447467268908.jpg (2 MB, 2267x3000) Image search: [Google]
1447467268908.jpg
2 MB, 2267x3000
Brothers and sisters!

Join me in the Lords Kingdom for Jesus is our Savior!

You hear the word of the lord, you believe in the word of the lord!

Believe, let me hear you say it! Believe!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQwDppWytA
>>
>>24620700
>Does anybody else regret that they rejected religion?
Nope

>dealing with the meaningless of existence is such a fucking hassle
If you can't logically believe in the existence of gods or an afterlife in the first place, then exactly what are you setting out to accomplish here? Faith isn't a switch that you can just flip on or off. Either you can cognitively accept that conclusion, or you can't.

>I can't convince myself that life is worth living
Then I think you have bigger problems, and you're just trying to use religion as a crutch. I'm perfectly fine with being a wageslave and wasting all my free time on video games. Sure as fuck beats dragging myself to some crowded little church house in the boondocks, and having to listen to Jethro Joe-Bob whine about librul gubment.
>>
>>24620791
I hate this argument
>Find and do it!
Life isn't like that anon
>>
>>24620700
I would be happier if I were less skeptical and were still a christfag but I was questioning the faith at age 8
>>
God does not give a shit about the things in the Bible, God is more omnipotent than Christians even realize.

Probably more than most of you realize. And I don't mean a anthropomorphic God. God is just the word most appropriate.

I am deeply spiritual, but understand that reality is not to be contested by my beliefs, which only exist to describe reality and not to build a society like traditional religions.

Church is fucking weird man, it creeps me out.
>>
life entertains curiosity
>>
>>24620700
Less worry, more drugs, honestly.
>>
>>24620700
Rejecting religion isn't what makes you miserable. Your life is shit.

If you were rich, or had tons of people who adored you and a bunch of girls trying to fuck you, you wouldn't give a shit about religion.

Objectively, life is meaningless regardless of what your beliefs are. It's how you choose to live out your life is what gives it any relevance.

Lots of people delude themselves with a sickening amount of optimism, some of them by means of religion. But ultimately, the quality of your life depends on your circumstances and not unfounded beliefs. This is just common sense.
>>
Not at all. Religion needs to evolve if I'm gonna get on board. But I don't see any real prophets for that to happen.

I always thought Pascal's wager was a load of shit. Why would god want a coward? I think god would like a man who stands by his convictions, whatever they are.
>>
>>24623690
Pascal's wager is a load of shit because you can apply it to any and all gods/religions.
>>
>>24623744
True. But why would any god want a self-serving coward? It's unbecoming.
>>
>r9k is a board of pathetic incel virgins
>mainly atheist
lol. Let me guess, god doesnt real because if he was, why dont you have a gf?
>>
>>24623893
You got us. That's as deep as we get around here.
>>
>>24623811
You're applying human logic to something that is, at best, a vague concept.

Even if a god does exist, all of these religiouscukks don't know if their god gives a shit about them or if they're solely existing for his entertainment. There's no certainty in faith, so there's no reason for it.

Why would an all powerful being even need us? It created us for our own benefit? And will punish us in an after life if we don't live up to some arbitrary moral code that even it can't live up to?

Religion provides too many questions and not nearly enough answers.
>>
>>24620700

then believe
or don't

if you 'can't', then accept that you cannot and move on

in any event, stop whining
>>
>>24622257
I'm back now. I thought my thread died hours ago.
>>24622728
>Faith isn't a switch that you can just flip on or off
that is the problem here, friendo. I flipped the switch and it can't be undone. I wish I didn't.
>>24623555
I am already doing drugs, but they only help temporarily. I get bored of time after a while, too.
>>24623628
>Your life is shit
that is true. but I do have friends, am reasonably wealthy, succesful at my job and even have girls interested in me. I just don't derive joy from those things anymore, because I can't see the fucking point anymore. I could be the king of the world and still would not feel any better.
everything I loved just kind of turned to ash.
>>24623893
you have to try harder than that
>>
there needs to be an opposite to fedora atheism that says god exists and eventually scientists will be able to bring back dead people, that there is no afterlife that already exists, we have to create it here for the people who have died
>>
>>24624501
that was the dumbest shit I've read all day, and I've been shitposting here since 8AM
>>
>>24620700
I didn't reject religion. I rejected the gods.
>>
WEll its fucking impossible to believe in the supernatural at the same time you love science and critical thinking.

Check out Alan Watts tho, that nigga gave me a bunch of hope.
>>
I believe in catechism but not god

How edgelord am I?
>>
>>24624653
>I've been shitposting here since 8AM
maybe that's why it seems dumb to you
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.