[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /r9k/, what's YOUR skincare routine? I don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: 20151129_200449.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151129_200449.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
So /r9k/, what's YOUR skincare routine?

I don't want to hear that any of you faggots are skimping out on this shit, especially if you're white, because once that damage has been done to your skin it's entirely irreversible. You should at the very least be wearing SPF daily if you're leaving the house.

Remember friends, proaction over reaction.

Who else /preservation/ here?
>>
i wash my face like once every 3 days and uhh that's it
>>
I live in England m8, we don't have to worry about the sun
>>
You're probably doing more harm than good bombarding your face with all that shit.

keep It simple
>>
>>24619394

>"I live in England"
>hasn't noticed that half my shit is from Superdrug/LUSH

I live in England too senpai, and if you think that UV is unable to penetrate through clouds and your clothes you're dead wrong.

>>24619374

Bruh'...
>>
>use tretinoin, salysilic acid scrub every day
>"You need to take better care of your face, anon!"

>stop using any acne products
>"Wow, your face looks a lot better, did you do something different?"

I don't get it
>>
>>24619336
>skincare routine
>becoming like stacy
If you want to better your appearance, change your diet or get ripped. Don't hide your flaws instead of fixing them. The only acceptable skincare is moisturizing dry skin (maybe) and protection against sunlight.
>>
>>24619437
Hell, that's more than what I do. I'd be lying if I said I washed it any more than once or twice a week.
>>
>>24619336
I have a skin rub and i use that when i shower. No pimples or blemishes. The key to good skin is not a bunch of that shit its mostly just drinking water and vitamins. Thats it.
>>
>>24619437
>Bruh'...
when i was younger i was obsessed with my skin, slowly realized it won't change the fact that my face is just ugly. i don't go out anyway so sun isn't an issue
>>
File: 1358466966248.gif (6 KB, 569x510) Image search: [Google]
1358466966248.gif
6 KB, 569x510
>>24619336

I was going to make a thread on this topic toady.

wtf
>>
>>24619434

I'm extremely concious about this shit so I research every brand/product before I make a purchase.

The Cetaphil is a cleanser recommend by Dermatologists.
The toners are alcohol free.
Palmer's Cocoa Butter contains vitamin E and SPF 15, same with little round tubs of moisturiser,
All the LUSH products are 100% natural ingredients etc. etc.

They're all incredibly clean and good, with the exception being the bottle of lactic acid that I use sparingly to blast my persistent keratosis pilaris on my upper arms.

It's why I'm 29 and still don't have a single wrinkle. Women keep asking what my secret is kek

>>24619461

My diet is clean as fuck and I workout at the gym 3-4 times a week.
Nigga you should be most definitely using a cleanser and toner on top of moisturising.
I used to have a serious problem with sebum build up/blackheads until I developed my routine.
>>
>>24619447
The whole skincare industry is a sham. As long as you wash your face and have a good diet, it will be clear.
>>
Can't lie, I'm curious about /r9k/'s /grooming/ and /beautycare/ in general. What kind of colognes, hair supplies, skin care, etc. does /r9k/ use?
>>
I apply some lotion after a hot bath in the winter so i don't get dry face.
And some sunscreen for when i sunbathe in the summer
>>
>>24619537

Join the fun tomodachi.

>>24619551

Not true.
Cleansers, toners and moisturisers and most DEFINITELY SPF is proven to go a very long way towards skin preservation.

Why do you think stretchmarks are known to fade with topical application of vitamin E moisturisers and derma rolling.
>>
>>24619543
Post face or I won't be convinced
>>
>>24619336
>So /r9k/, what's YOUR skincare routine?

I don't overeat, tan, smoke, or drink.

It's really that simple.
>>
>tfw perfect skin your whole life
>always gotten compliments on your clear face, how perfect your skin is, etc.
>tfw your back is covered in stretch marks and bacne
Tips?
>>
>>24619573

That's the ticket. Good to hear man.

>>24619580

>posting face on /r9k/

I'm tempted just for bragging rights but that's never a good idea.
I just want to encourage some of you guys towards better choices.
>>
- Cleanse in the morning with a special cleanser
- Paulas choice AHA/BHA
- Moisturize with clinique moisture surge
- Sunscreen if going out (LA roche posay)
- Aztec healing mask once a month
- Mandellic acid peel once a week
- Derma roll 1 inch once a month and apply vitamin c after (Havent started this yet)
>>
>>24619602

For the stretchmarks, vitamin E supps w/vitamin C, any moisturiser with vitamin E (I recommend Palmer's Cocoa Butter), regular bio oil application in conjunction with dermarolling which you can do at home. You'll never fade them 100%, not even with laser treatment, but you can drastically reduce them with what I just mentioned.

The bacne is likely hormonally induced so I would see your GP or look into changing your diet. I had enormous problems with acne combined with seborrhoeic dermatitis on my face and after trying everything eventually going vegetarian did the trick.

Honestly don't miss meat at all any more, the results are worth it. Having a fucked up face is extremely debilitating.
>>
if my skin gets really oily and washing it with ordinary soap in the shower doesn't help, I wash it with acetone. Not nail-polish remover, a jug of straight paint thinner. I recommend not doing that too often. Hold your breath and don't get it in your eyes, shut them tight.
>>
Somehow, I missed the memo entirely that I was supposed to do anything to keep my white skin from aging in my twenties. I guess that I was so busy hating my features and worrying about the acne that I couldn't even imagine how worse it could get, how soon. I didn't even start using sunscreen until my middle 20s and I still avoid moisturizing because it seems to make my skin even oilier. I'm just helplessly watching as the fine lines add up and the plumpness fades. Damn.
>>
>>24619678

Wow you sound like somebody who's as active in this shit as I am.

I do a lactic acid peel on targeted areas of my body every 1-2 weeks.

How do you find the mandelic peel in terms of results, and have you ever tried a lactic acid peel?
I used to have really bad keratosis pilaris on my arms and the lactic acid wipes it the fuck out.
>>
>>24619602

Lift weights to remove stretch marks
Have your gf wash your back in the shower at least once a week.
>>
>>24619706
I've had those lines on my forehead since I was 13. Don't know if shit genes or I fucked up majorly somewhere.
>>
>>24619607
Tbh i kind of over tan in the summer though. And i get sunburn every year at least once
>>
>>24619726
>I've had those lines on my forehead since I was 13. Don't know if shit genes or I fucked up majorly somewhere.

yes I'm very keen on skin care. Mandelic peel is amazing so far, really works well and isn't harsh at all. i recommend it.
>>
I have my dad jerk off on my face every night so it cleans my pores overnight and then I suck my brother off to stop my lips from getting chapped
>>
File: ultimategentleman.png (387 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ultimategentleman.png
387 KB, 640x360
What was Elliot's routine?
>>
I use moisturizer that has sunscreen in it. I wash my face twice a day, once in the morning with just water and at night I just use the generic neutrogena cleanser. My skin is pretty clear.
>>
How do I tighten the skin under my eyes? Pretty sure it's genetic but I look fucking tired as shit constantly
>>
Literally just Chapstick
never stressed so I never break out
>>
File: 2399257.jpg (18 KB, 401x282) Image search: [Google]
2399257.jpg
18 KB, 401x282
>>24619705

Find your local LUSH or shop online and purchase the product in my picture. It's for this problem specifically.

For the love of god STOP using acetone on your face and stop washing it wish soap, that's probably making it worse by removing natural oils from your face and forcing your skin to overproduce in compensation.

This product is 100% natural and it really, really, really does work. I actually have a tub of it in my OP picture. I can't recommend it any more.

Also if you really want to get rid of this problem, buy Cetaphil cleanser and an alcohol-free toner (it's important that it is alcohol free, alcohol is terrible for your skin), and start a routine with them.

The routine should be apply LUSH dark angels > leave for 5 minutes, remove with hot water > dry face > apply Cetaphil cleanser, wait for it to dry in like, 1/2 mins > pour some toner into a cupped hand (you don't need much) > pat it into your face and it dries really quickly > commence day.

You're going to see amazing results my friend.
>>
>>24619543
>cleanser and toner
>rountine

Got any products you could rec?
>>
>>24619841

obvious shill.
>>
>>24619772

I think you linked to the wrong post, I don't have any wrinkies :)
>>
After showers I use a little Albolene on my face. Stuff is great for moisturizing, and great for fapping too.

I also have a prescription cream for rashes due to contact allergies that I use as needed.

Other then that it is just keep my skin clean and don't do too much damaging shit to it.
>>
>>24619815

desu the problem with the eye area is that the skin around there is the thinnest, mist susceptible to damage so there's really not a whole lot you can do to reverse any damage there without potentially making it worse.

Long term surgery is probably the only feasible option, but if we're talking dark circles consuming more water will only do you good.
>>
>>24619336
You are a faggot, kill yourself.
>>
>>24619447
bruh I finally realized that salicylic acid fucks with my acne and makes it break out
I stopped using it and now I'm on the minocycline pills and I use benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment and my face is clear again for the first time in months
I have problems with cystic acne though so I need the antibiotic pills; you can't fight cysts with just skincare products.
>>
>>24619851

Kind of depends which area you're in really.
For cleanser I use Cetaphil which is a really gentle cleanser, toner I use one called SIMPLE Kind to Skin Soothing Toner which is alcohol free (you don't want to buy anything that has alcohol in it, they need to all be water-based, if it lists "aqua" as one of its main ingredients it's good) and for moisturising I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter with SPF15.

A facial care routine should be at the beginning of the day >shower > dry face > cleanser > toner ?moisturiser.

Sounds like a lot of work but the actual application is less than 5 minutes. It's like, nothing.
I also ex-foliate with one of those abrasive mitts but unless you have a problem with flaky skin it's not really recommended. I have seborrhoeic dermatitis so I kind of need to.

>>24619872

Yeah man I'm totally working for LUSH and Cetaphil.
No i use these products because they fucking WORK.

>>24619956

Still more beautiful than u tho.
I don't know why people think men ought not to care for their skin/body, like basic hygiene is somehow something that's exclusively for females.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (188 KB, 1200x1005) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
188 KB, 1200x1005
>>24619841
shit works though. I mean the stuff is industrial degreaser after all. makes my skin stop being oily and start getting clean from ordinary washing again. it's only needed when I get one of those periods where it gets abnormally oily and doesn't want to stop.

I certainly recommend it over all this overpriced homeopathic organic natural cosmetic stuff. It's cheaper, available in a hardware store instead of the beauty department, and as a bonus it's also good for cleaning thermal compound off your CPU.
>>
>>24620061

Oh my god your skin is going to be fucking trashed in 3 years fuck me the wrinkles are going to be so bad....
>>
Moisturizer and mechanical exfoliant every night.
I also wash my face with near boiling hot water, followed by ice water twice a day.

>>24619705
>acetone
Should work, remember to wash it off well and maybe dilute it with water 5 to 1.
You might want to switch to diluted drain cleaner, though.
>>
>nose is covered in tiny blackheads
>can't squeeze them
>tried 2 different scrubs and a wash
>had them for ~4 years
Wat do
>>
>>24621460

Those aren't blackheads, it's sebum build-up in the pores and it's completely natural and affects everybody, but the jew-media likes to convince people they're dirty blackheads and that you need to purchase their "super special acne product" to erase them.

You just need a simple morning cleanser/toning routine with a basic cleanser (I recommend Cetaphil since it's gentle) and basic alcohol-free toner. You should always moisturise after aswell, preferably with a moisturiser that has SPF.
You'll be surprised how quickly they vanish once you begin this.
>>
>>24619336
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
>>24619336
Go to bed chris
>>
>>24622197

Who?

>whobloxx
>>
Does diet actually affect pimples/even skin (for most people) or is this a meme? Can someone post a study please?

My routine is:

Morning
Cleanse with Cerave foaming
Sometimes use Mint Julep mask
Apply aczone cream
Use Cerave lotion

Night
Cleanse with Cerave foaming
apply BHA
apply prescription topical antibiotic
Use Cerave lotion

My skin has gotten a lot better, but still looks pretty bad and uneven. I used to exfoliate with a konjac sponge but I don't do it anymore. Haven't noticed any significant changes.
>>
>>24622536

Yes. That whole thing about "you are what you eat" is true.

If you eat like shit everything you put into your body will slowly become reflected in your skin, hair, nails, eyes and even your scent.

It's why people doing the Atkin's diet fucking REEK of bacon.
>>
>>24619336
show us your skin , how good that is look ?
>>
>>24619336
Somebody better have posted the shit from American Psycho.
>>
>>24622536
No it's fucking pure broscience.

Your acne isn't affected by diet. Only rarely does food cause acne issues, this has been confirmed. People are fucking idiots if they think so.

Acne is almost 95% genetics and hormones.
>>
>>24620055
Why shouldn't you use a toner with alcohol? I have a Clinique one that I love, it's like putting vodka on your face.
>>
>>24623421
>>24622571
Idk who to believe, does anyone have proof? I'm so confused
>>
>>24623421
I think it's different for different people. A lot of people report clearer skin after cutting out dairy.
>>
>>24621986
wtf man are you some kind of abstraction or some shit

is there even a real you? Or are you just an entity, something illusory?
>>
>>24619734
>gf

you do know where you are right?
>>
>>24622571
>It's why people doing the Atkin's diet fucking REEK of bacon.

I thought I was crazy for thinking my BO smelled like sausage.
>>
>>24623383
Was looking for the same thing desu
>>
File: 1402534431403.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1402534431403.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
>>24619336

Why does facial moisturizer somehow make me look older?
>>
Coconut oil

You can buy it in the grocery store.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.