[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to get obsessed with a video game so that I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: bigshow.jpg (15 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
bigshow.jpg
15 KB, 400x308
I really want to get obsessed with a video game so that I can stop thinking about my shitty life. But I don't like any games anymore.
>>
>>24618865
God, I fucking know this feel. Video games, television, fucking nothing distracts me from reality anymore. It's like there's this glass barrier which distances me from any sense of immersion.
>>
>>24618911
Try 'dexter'
Season 1 is amazing
>>
>>24618919
>dexter
>good

Hah
>>
>>24618911
>It's like there's this glass barrier which distances me

I know this exact feeling. It's as if a part of your attention is always irritated, not in the sense of 'annoyed', but in the sense that there's this nagging dissatisfaction, incongruity, tiredness, restlessness, that makes you slide away from whatever you hoped would distract you, say to hell with this, I don't want to, and keep staring wherever for a moment, until you approach something else and the same thing happens.
>>
File: 1436194413286.gif (947 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436194413286.gif
947 KB, 500x500
>>24618865
>>24618911

A N I M U
N
I
M
U
>>
Get obsessed with working out. Dem endorphins make everything better.
>>
>>24618971
you sound like you have no friends even on the internet
>>
>>24619009
>>24618911
fallout 4 losers
>>
File: Teldrassil 2.jpg (168 KB, 1600x857) Image search: [Google]
Teldrassil 2.jpg
168 KB, 1600x857
>tfw you will never again play WoW for the first time
Why even live?
>>
Do drugs instead.

heroin is widely available and relatively cheap, just sayin
>>
Get obsessed with pro wrestling
>>
>>24619187
They just said video games don't work, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>24619172
Or maybe he just doesn't like your shitty tv show.
>>
>>24619208
>Being a Night Elf

Dwarf master race
>>
>>24619208
Been feeling this a lot lately. I think I'd pay like $1000 to have all my memory of WoW erased so I could rediscover it again.
>>
>>24618865
Map painting simulators plus wikipedia plus historical documentaries is my heroin. I don't give a shit about the gameplay, I just want to forget the shitty present.
>>
>>24618865
Escapism is only temporary and should be used in moderation or you would crash pretty hard anyway.

What kind of games do/did you like the most?
>>
>>24619208
>>24619361
I actually never played WoW, i wonder if i'd like it, although i'm sure it's not like the original anymore.
>>
>>24618865
I know that feel.

One of the worst things about wageslaving is I lack time for RPGs, which was my favorite way to escape reality and allow time to fly by.
>>
File: mah nigga.gif (2 MB, 387x291) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.gif
2 MB, 387x291
>>24619396
>Map Painting Simulators
I wish I was good at them, though. I ca't stand constantly getting beat because I don't understand history and such
>>
File: 1023712301.png (32 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1023712301.png
32 KB, 489x423
>>24619416
Even if it still was the same gameplay wise, it got invaded by normiescum. The early community was the most comfy group of people of that size that ever existed. Especially when you were from a non-English speaking country without a real internet culture and suddenly met thousands of people from your little country, some of them students like you, some of them pensioners, many with pretty normal jobs and some neets, but somehow they all seem to be closer to you and your daily struggles than anyone you ever met IRL.

For months if not years I sincerely wished I could just leave this gay earth and spend my life with these people. It hurts knowing I will probably never feel such feels towards other humans ever again.
>>
>>24618865
S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Shadow of Chernobyl is the first one and 10 dollars on steam
>>
>>24618865

If I stopped enjoying vidya I'd probably kill myself.
>>
Try a new skill or hobby that you find interesting.

Distraction works about as well as escapism and is more productive too.

For example I do martial arts and it takes my mind off my joblessness situation better then anything else.
>>
smonk weed.

you will rediscover everything.
>>
WELLLLLL....

not a blox
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.