[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
programing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: banner 1.gif (75 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
banner 1.gif
75 KB, 300x100
robots i know some of you guys know a couple things about programing , so give me your opinion , i`ll eventually try to learn them all one after another but if you guys would have to give me an order to learn these what would it be?

>JavaScript
>PHP
>phyton
>Ruby
>>
Python php JavaScript ruby
>>
>>24616870
what makes you say that?

if i learn phyton the other languages will seem easier due to similar semantics?

or just personal preference?
>>
>>24616870
i'd say the same

be careful, memes pros will tell you all are shit, especially python
>>
Python JS Ruby PHP

Just make sure you start with Python, it's an excellent language for learning. I'd recommend something like Python C Java though, it's good to learn something low-level like C to have an understanding of memory, compilation, pointers; Java might be good for learning object-oriented principles
>>
ask /g/, faggot
>>
>>24616852
python php java ruby
also please don't post boku no pico anymore, it triggers me
>>
>>24616919
the outcome of this thred will be my 1st programing language (since HTML and CSS don`t count as languages) so i`ll look into C as well ty anon
>>
>>24616852
If you'll learn Python you don't have to learn the shitty PHP.
>>
File: guido.jpg (97 KB, 659x592) Image search: [Google]
guido.jpg
97 KB, 659x592
start with python
>>
>>24616852
> HTML
> CSS
> JavaScript
> Ruby

Forget the rest
>>
File: banner 2.gif (162 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
banner 2.gif
162 KB, 300x100
>>24616870
>>24616918
>>24616919
>>24616961
>>24616968
>>24616985
>>24617022

ok it seems to be unanimous , Python it is.

ty for the help
>>
>>24617096
as a bonus, python is, of what i heard, more and more asked to be known by programmers.
>>
>>24617096
Learning Python is fucking boring IMO. Take a look at these:

http://diveinto.html5doctor.com/
http://eloquentjavascript.net/

Read both those books, do all the exercises in them - and you could get an entry level webdev job.
>>
>>24616852
> C
> C++
> LISP/Scheme/F#
> Java/C#

Throw in some kind of assembler language, too (MIPS maybe) and you will become very powerful
>>
File: living.png (305 KB, 409x370) Image search: [Google]
living.png
305 KB, 409x370
>>24616852
Order doesn't matter. Asking for an order will only result in a bunch of people throwing worthless opinions at you.

The thing that non-programmers don't know is that all OOP languages are the same. There are differences here and there, but the idea is that after you learn one, you're going to be comfortable with jumping into working with another. And any small differences will be learned pretty quickly and without any effort.
>>
>>24617339
I'd say order matters since there's no reason to learn all of those.
I'd drop ruby tbqh and maybe php, learn c/c++ and java instead.
>>
>>24616852
how good is Python, everyone recommends it as a start but can't one just stick to it and make stuff done?
>>
>>24618176
it depends on what you're doing, and it's good to know more than one language. Don't want to shoehorn everything into one language.

Pythons great though imo, I use it daily for short scripts, automation, etc. Even for 4chan stuff.
>>
>>24618176
It has a lot of overhead, which makes it slow. For simple programs and 'scripting tasks', the speed difference to other languages is irrelevant. However for any performance sensitive tasks (data processing, games, most software) it is a poor choice.

As a final project in 2nd year scientific programming in C course, I wrote a program that would generate fractal images. I first prototyped it in Python to get a feel for the algorithms. When I ported it to C, there was a performance increase of 50x (5000%) - that's huge.
>>
File: kaguya 3.png (145 KB, 702x397) Image search: [Google]
kaguya 3.png
145 KB, 702x397
>try python
>everything is fun and intuitive
>do a java course that I still haven't finished 4 years later
>slit wrists.jpg

why the difference?
>>
>>24617339
Fucking this
I only really learned Pascal, Java, C, C++ and C# in school/university
Can still jump straight into Python and JavaScript and do pretty well. The only thing that I actually needed some more time to work with was Scheme
>>
>>24619231
java is verbose poo
>>
Since you came here instead of /g/, I'm going to be real with you before their memes fuck you up.

People are going to talk shit about PHP dying. Take a look at your favorite sites before believing them. You can, and should learn it along with HTML, MySQL, CSS and Javascript. Seems too hard to learn that many things at once, but it's going to come naturally if you're working with LAMP or WAMPP. You'll be on the path of becoming a web dev with these. You'll also be on the way to getting a job.

Python is great. Don't let anyone tell you it's slow and horrible. If you save one minute writing something in python rather than a more difficult language, then you've already made up all the time you would have saved by writing it in the fastest possible language euthusists suggest to you. Unless you're working with avionics or you are Twitter, your development and deployment time is more expensive than the computer's time so use the easy tool.

If you want an order, learn python first, then the LAMP stack and how to get basic webcontent up and running. And then Ruby if you really want to, but I think by then you'll have a good idea of where you want to go and this post won't be relevant to you anymore.
>>
Depends why you're learning. If it's for fun, do what you want. If you want a job, PHP then Javascript then skip the rest and learn Java.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.