[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you were content for the past 2 years, while smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 5220e4acafa96f4817000003.png (18 KB, 400x479) Image search: [Google]
5220e4acafa96f4817000003.png
18 KB, 400x479
>tfw you were content for the past 2 years, while smoking weed
>tfw you had a gf, a few friends you frequently met and smoked with
>tfw 3 months gf breaks up with you, and in an effort to better yourself, due to wasted time with her, stop smoking weed
>tfw the mist of contentment has faded. no friends, no gf, just loneliness
>tfw last text recieved was 3 weeks ago
>>
Anyone had anything similar?

Bloxxolb
>>
>>24615253
Don't allow the fact that people don't care of their own health and do drugs make you do drugs, try to improve yourself, if you had friends and you basicly had drugs with them you weren't friends, but a bunch of people who had drugs together, focus on improving yourself in any way you can (studying and sports/lifting are the two best ways I can think) and start meeting new people, you can easily by starting new hobbies in group and work/class.

Good luck and never give up.
>>
>>24615536
I've been attempting to do just that. I've started to lift, I go to the gym on my own and I've only ever spoken to one nerdy guy who started talking to me first. I've started a new job, I've introduced myself to everybody but I don't feel I have anything in common with them. I've been meaning to go back to studying, as I've always wanted to go to university and get a degree. It's just that while I was with the ex gf, I was a shut in. I don't feel the same with people anymore. Conversation is hard, and I can never seem to think of anything to say, so I'm generally quiet.

Thanks for the reply, by the way.
>>
>>24615630
Talking to people is easy once you have something to talk about, try as much hobbies as you can and make sure to mention your hobbies or ask about people's hobbies to have something to talk, it's much better to be seen as "that weird guy" for some weeks because you try to talk with everyone that being seen as "that weird guy" because you talk to noone.

If you live in a big city there will probably groups for people who stopped having drugs, kinda like Alcoholics Anonymous, that can be another way to talk to people and get more use to it, also, they may help you more personally and better than through a web page.
>>
>>24615748
I live in a fairly rural area, my hobbies at the moment consist of vidya mainly. also your idea about a group whereby people have stopped using drugs a good idea, or could help me a lot too I think. Don't get me wrong I do talk, it just runs dry rather quick.

My job I have to travel to every Sunday, and I return home Friday night. People my age are there too, we're trainees learning different trades, I'm learning carpentry. We are paid and our food is done for us etc. I'm travelling there now on the train, and is about 90 miles away from where I live.
>>
>>24615253
Shit son.
Just stopped smoking today after 2 years smoking everyday.

> last night
> come home from a few pints with my father
> roll up
> pour a glass of bourbon and coke
> put on a YouTube mix of placebo ( don't usually listen to them but an old friend did and I was thinking of her)
> completely immersed in the videos
> they're actually really well made
> start getting feels
> tears start coming out of my eyes even though I don't feel like crying
> have introspective epiphany
> finish joint
> finish bourbon
> stare at old photos for 30 minutes to an hour
>cry like a little bitch.

Woke up this morning never wanting to drink or smoke again.
>>
>>24616027
You had an epiphany the day you stopped smoking, result anon. Seems to have affected you adversely compared to me though, I feel less now than I did when I smoked, god I fancy a fucking joint..

Stick with it though anon, I'm sure it'll do you good.
>>
>>24615879

Different anon, but lurking.

You are in a transition right now. You are too good for your old friends, but not good enough for new ones. keep improving yourself, being successful, and you will attract others who have similar goals.

Starting from zero friends is difficult, but I have done it numerous times. Find a community for something that you're interested in, and start having conversations. Eventually, you will find someone who gets you and returns your texts. I knoww it sounds far-fetched, but trust me.
>>
>>24616319
Your comment makes me feel a lot better actually, thank you anon. I've taken everything said in the thread on board, and ilk be putting it to good use very soon, again thanks to all that replied, good luck.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.