[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you actually feel like a grown-up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: IWAy5K5.jpg (19 KB, 336x229) Image search: [Google]
IWAy5K5.jpg
19 KB, 336x229
Do you actually feel like a grown-up?
>>
When you realize most adults are petty children pretending to be mature,
yeah it's easy

The biggest thing people don't understand is that you can do anything you want
Don't want to send christmas cards to cunts you hardly know?
Don't want to dress well when going to the supermarket?
Stressing out about earning enough for a house/ a wife/ a car/ kids?

You can actually not give a shit and go off and do whatever it is you like!
You just have to suck up to the consequences- that is what being an adult is
>>
>>24613409
but what about if you have severe OCD as a legit medical condition and can't overcome the crippling anxiety from worrying about all these things?
>>
File: 1432335608428.jpg (17 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
1432335608428.jpg
17 KB, 254x198
>>24613357

22. Not at all. Still feel like a dumb kid except with the energy levels of an 80 year old man.
>>
>>24613441
>crippling anxiety from worrying about all these things
This is more normie than you can imagine
You just have to see more examples of people being miserable from these things,
then you'll think "Huh, maybe fuck that and pave my own way"

This is most true when you've got like pressure from parents,
or a highschool/ college test that determines the success of your life
Normies don't realize they have the power to say "This doesn't matter"
>>
>>24613473
>energy levels of an 80 year old man.
the hell man
>>
File: 1428539482055.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1428539482055.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
>>24613529

I'm tired, anon. So very, very tired.
>>
>>24613482
This.
I'm currently trying to enter university through a Community Access Program.
Basically, I left highschool early and didn't get an ATAR (basically your aptitude test shit), so instead, the Program allows me to take a year to study a semesters worth of subjects at university level to test my aptitude.
I've been top of my class all year trying to get into a really difficult course, and it's all about to go to waste because one of my tutors gave me a lower-than-needed mark on my final essay.
So I decided 'Fuck that, I want to get into this course to finally start a career that I can enjoy and be proud of,' and now I'm going to get my grade re-evalued by a different tutor, and if that doesn't work I'm going to go down legal routes.

Fight hard for what you want and fuck everything else. Realize what is worth putting effort into and put effort into it. That's what being an adult is.
>>
>>24613541
sort your diet/sleeping pattern out. go to the gym - give it a few weeks.
>>
File: 1426085727686.png (108 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1426085727686.png
108 KB, 250x227
>>24613541
Work out you loser.
>>
>>24613357
I'm 29 and still feel like I'm 17. Doesn't help I live with my parents.
>>
>>24613441
Dont use your mental health as an excuse. We're all fucked up, but we make do.
>>
>>24613357
i don't feel like a grown up but i've lost my ability to wonder
>>
29 and sure. I talk out my problems and find solutions rather than pout and make passive aggressive Facebook posts. I manage my finances well. I have my own apartment.

Ive spent the whole day eating pizza and watching star trek tng.

So sure!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.