[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no real reason to live except for looking for a reason...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1448416417131.jpg (228 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
1448416417131.jpg
228 KB, 1280x640
>tfw no real reason to live except for looking for a reason...
How do you find a goal and stick to it when you're having depression please ? I'm sick of being a depressed, overweight, NEET who can't even picture what he's going to do tomorrow...
>>
>>24612329
Fuck off back to reddit, failed normalfag.
>>
>>24612429
I actually don't like reddit either, you see.
>>
>>24612329
What do you feel more trapped by, the NEET or the fat? Work on that thing and your depression should ease.
>>
OP here

>>24612519
Thanks anon.
The thing is that I ended becoming a NEET partly cause of the fat... And now being a NEET/shut-in with ED prevents me from losing the fat...
That's why I think that maybe finding a goal would, you know, keep my mind off of food...
>>
>>24612577
no ur mind will never be off food.

make ur goal to eat less bad food and more healthy food. and to walk around the block a few times. do it at night if you're scared of seeing people.
>>
OP here
>>24612603

Thank you, I've tried it already but I think that having it told to me will actually make me do it. Thank you again anon.
>>
>>24612577
ED? Uh...erectile dysfunction? Eating disorder?

>And now being a NEET/shut-in with ED prevents me from losing the fat...

Nah, dog. You ain't even gotta leave your room. You can continue your NEEThood and even keep up with that hikki grind and lose weight. Your room's big enough for you to at least turn around in with your arms spread out, yeah? Your ass could be doing basic exercises without ANYONE seeing you, without you needing to spend a moment outside of your room.

I mean, yeah, actually going outside and doing a proper exercise routine is far better for you and less cumbersome.

But if you're absolutely unwilling to compromise your hikki/shut-in lifestyle, there still exists the option of doing a bunch of push-ups and sit-ups in your room while consuming fewer net calories than you burn.

The only thing that would wholly prevent you from losing fat would be a ludicrously horrific condition like being a quadruple amputee or having severe muscular distrophy.

You can do it, dog.
>>
>>24612329
>Dat Music for the Jilted Generation poster

Love the picture, OP.
>>
OP Here
>>24612666
ED as in eating disorder, my bad.
Sounds legit, yeah I think that my mistake was to try to throw away the hikki lifestyle... Thank you anon.

>>24612667
I know right, /wg/ usually has the best pics out of all 4chan.
>>
>>24612697
Don't misunderstand me- unless you're somehow a person that truly does thrive his or her best in the hikki way (something I would find extraordinarily rare), I'd like you to cease that sort of living. I don't consider it very healthy for the vast majority of souls. I've tried it a bit. Just horrific for most folks.

My point was that barring severe physical harm or very rare disease, losing weight is entirely possible within unideal circumstances.

I've got no experience at all with eating disorders. I seem to wish that "privilege" wasn't completely invalidated as a term around here by liberal jackasses. I'll explain. I've been very slim my whole life, never over 125lb and 5'10''. Although I've been in great physical shape before, I'm in awful shape now. Still, I'm very slim. I didn't earn that shit at ALL. I can eat as I wish, for the time being, and not gain a pound.

So I don't know anything about that.

But I know more than a bit about how dangerous that spiral of NEET lifestyle is.

Just do what you can, alright? Don't let your ass give up and stagnate.
>>
OP here
>>24612743
Oh damn, I hope that you're not "unhealthily" slim though...
Thank you anon, I think that this kind of was what I needed to hear/read.
>>
>>24612782
Nah, I'm good bud. I've just been too sedentary and smoked a bit too much lately. Not much more than that. Some people will assume that I'm really weak or adverse to physical labour, although I've worked on different sorts of farms for much of my younger life. But many are impressed if I manage even a meager feat of strength, since I'm built like a taller, whiter Vietcong.

I wish you the best, homie. There's no way at all to tell if we're similar people in many respects- eptitudes, preferences, personality, etc. But I can tell you that for me, getting out of the NEET lifestyle wasn't nearly as grueling as I figured it would be. The very hardest part is starting and maintaining action for the initial phase- beyond that is it absurdly easy.

And, if you're anything like me, you'll make several promises to yourself of action before you actually take it. You'll make plans and "get to them tomorrow", if you're anything like me.

But keep that fucking chin up for this reason; all you've got to do is get lucky or grow enough that you get through that initial period of trouble ONE time. You'll coast on through after that.
>>
Well this is pretty unpopular but you could always try turning to god... not necessarily religion just feeling like you're connecting with god.

I would not be able to make it otherwise
>>
OP here
>>24612853
Yeah, you're right anon, I have to take that first step. If I manage to get out of this living Hell, you won't be for nothing in this, thanks.

>>24612868
I've thought about it, but well... I really can't get myself to believe in anything, I'm an extreme Skeptic so it'd be kinda weird to start believing in God without rock hard proofs.
>>
I believe you need to be physically healthy to not be depressed. Good amount of exercise, good diet, and getting enough sleep are crucial for good mentality. Start by caring about your body, I'd say.
>>
I am this guy >>24612667 again.

Anyways OP, I am going through something similar. I am 26 years old and without any goal or reason to exist. The more I slipped into this existence, the more bad shit I did (now I am in debt, got probation for a next four years etc.) and more depressed also. so the three months back I have decided to do some radical change, which can be not very pleasant one, but will totally rock my being. So I browsed through my options.

First, it was thought of serving army in my country. That is a no-go, as I have probation. Then I thought about travelling, which is a no-go too, as I am indebted to hell and back. After some time I found out about WWOOFING, which is no-go as you need money and the waiting times tend to be very long.

Finally, I have found out (again, as I was thinking about it in the past) French Foreign Legion. Shit is tough, but it is a completely new start. Since that time I have been preparing myself and currently I am ready to leave, only waiting for my teeth to heal after the dentists repairs. So in a two weeks I am leaving and I can't tell you how much forward I am looking to it.
>>
>>24613003
I'm the sorta pretentious wordy cunt thats been posting a bit. Fucking respect to you, man. Genuine respect; someone that is able to even attempt an undertaking like that has high value in my eyes. Talk about rigorous!

Good luck.

>>24612896
I've been lamenting the lack of ability to perfectly share consciousness, feeling, or emotion with another person lately. I'm unable to express how much this does for me, and that is a bit saddening. I can do my best to explain, though. In order to exist in a state of peace with myself, I must be confident that I'm having a net-positive on those other humans around me. I'm not always so confident of this. Sometimes I'll say things that don't help at all, and sometimes I'll make things worse. It wears on me, man. Brings a fucking tear or two to my eye every now and again, to be honest.

But you've given me a bit to run on for a while, sort of like filling up a fuel tank in a vehicle.

Thanks for that.

Remember that although you can't control all circumstances, you are the absolute sovereign of your own mind and body. They are tools for you to use as you see fit; albeit often tools that don't quite want to do the job. You've got to force these sometimes-unwilling tools of your mind and body into doing what YOU want.
>>
>>24613115
Thank you man, but no need for words that kind. I am really just a fuckup and I see this as a last possible chance to ride out from this sad excuse to life with at least some dignity.

Anyways I hope everything works out for you, you seem as a very fine lad. Don't let the fuckers get you, keep being yourself. Good luck and have strength.
>>
OP here
>>24612914
Yeah, that's a given that I tend to overlook, you're totally right.

>>24613003
Well, if I remember well "La legion etrangere" -Non-ASCII blablaba- take about anybody in, Good Luck for your new beginning.

>>24613115
If it can reassure you, you were perfectly clear and I understood your point completely, don't give up either anon ! Thank you again.
>>
>>24613207
Legion did take everybody in the past, although it is a bit harder these days. But still, with a right mindset and a bit training, you can do it. One "good" thing ISIS brought, is a bigger budget for the French ministry of defense, therefore for the Legion as well - so they are taking much more people than in the past. Nearly two times more, actually.
>>
OP here
>>24613255
>tfw you learn about what's happening in your country with 4chan
Go for it then, I'm not a military enthusiast, but if it can help you get better then I'm rooting for you.
>>
>tfw have job
>tfw earn money
>tfw nothing to spend money on cause boring
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.