[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is is worth it to use physical aggression to set a dispute?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: 15381__fight_club_l.jpg (168 KB, 1200x768) Image search: [Google]
15381__fight_club_l.jpg
168 KB, 1200x768
Is is worth it to use physical aggression to set a dispute?

I have this roommate who is the king of passive-aggressiveness, and he's been provoking me for months which is driving me nuts.

On the other hand, I've been in 100% passive mode, only taking in with built up anger. The problem is that is very tempting and difficult to not fall to his level, which is by being passive aggressive and do the same things that he does to me to him. But I can proudly say that I haven't done anything back to him in his similar fashion. I know that at the bottom, all he wants is to me to respond back so he can prove that I am as shitty or equal as him, however I am not, that why I've been just ignoring everything for now.

I'm going by the philosophy that I'd rather either be 100% passive, or 100% aggressive, but no in between like a passive-aggressive asshole that he is.

So my question is, should I switch to aggressive mode and assault him?

Here are some details about me. I've never been in a fight in my entire life. I can't kill him, cops can't be involved at all. I just want to cause some damage, but I don't wanna spend the rest of my life in jail because of an idiot.

Is it coward to strike someone unexpectedly, like I just want to give him a good punch on the face/head no knock him out, but without announcing or threatening before doing it. I just don't want to look like an idiot.

Also, if I do anything it has to be premeditated and I must flee the house I'm living right after to never come back for 2 reasons. First, because cops can't be involved at all like I said, second, I don't want to have to live with all the stress under the same roof with the person that I've just beat the shit of.
>>
Op is a repressed homosexual
>>
>>24609385
>I'm going by the philosophy that I'd rather either be 100% passive, or 100% aggressive,

Maybe you could screw your retard philosophy, and instead talk to him and sort it out like adults.
>>
File: 1436106914629.jpg (147 KB, 913x960) Image search: [Google]
1436106914629.jpg
147 KB, 913x960
>>24609385
Yes OP, Might makes right.
>>
sounds like a good way to accidentally become a murderer.

hitting untrained people irl doesn't work like it does in movies, people can easily die from a single punch if it lands a certain way or they hit their head again as they're falling.
>>
>>24609385

You're weird as fuck op.
>>
>>24609465

I would if he behaved like an adult. He's a manchild. This is the type of person who will get worse if I try to talk to him, trust me, I know him by now.

You don't ask someone to stop provoking you. You either make them stop or you don't.

You ask people to lend you money, a cup of sugar, give you a ride, etc.

How humiliating, "Hey, can you stop doing this harm to me, please?" like as if it was his right in the first place.
>>
>>24609556
What is he doing to you, retard?
>>
>>24609528

That's what I'm afraid of. I can't kill the fucking guy. That would be the end of my life.

On the other hand I hear about so many fights happening out there all the time, and after everything everybody is alive.
>>
Yes, fighting is the most glorious thing in the world. And passive-aggressive pussies absolutely need to be put in their place.
>>
>>24609385
Don't do it, OP.

All it takes is one punch to kill someone, then he'll be dead and you'll be in prison on a manslaughter charge.

It happens all the time, a person gets punched, they fall back unconscious, strike the back of their head and they die.

It's not worth the risk.
>>
>>24609578

Not just to me, but he's shitty to everybody else in the house. It just happen that I'm the one who lives right next to him, so I pay the price the most.

Among other things, he wakes me up almost everyday making a noise by hitting some object on the wall in a torture wise way, that I can't explain here, only if I could show you. But it's in a way to fuck you up in the head.
>>
>>24609636
And you can't just tell him he's annoying you?
>>
>>24609636
So if it's not just you get the entire house together and tell him to knock it the fuck off
>>
File: l9sednV.gif (1 MB, 318x203) Image search: [Google]
l9sednV.gif
1 MB, 318x203
>>24609385
have you seen full metal jacket? remember the soap scene?
>>
>>24609636

Are there more things than this? Give us the full list of complaints, tell us what he's doing and we can help you OP.
>>
>>24609840
This. We need to know the majority of his actions to actually understand your situation.

Also, say you DO hit him, you need to be able to justify why you did to other people other than your housemates, textually and verbally. This is a good place to start.

Passive aggressive people can turn on the victim complex real quick after physical confrontation so you need to be prepared.
>>
>>24609755

Why tell him he's annoying me if he already knows? It's on purpose and he knows what he's doing.

If I do that I'll come off as the idiot and give exactly what he wants. He wants me to respond, get angry, make noise back, give him attention, etc.

He's a troll, shitty attempt of a bully in real life. The problem is that I'm too old for this shit, I'll either punch him and flee, or move out and do nothing about it. I don't get involved and deeper with shitty people like that, so I'm not wasting my time with arguments, conversations, etc.
>>
>>24609918
Do you have Asperger's?
>>
Don't listen to the pussies. It's a power dynamic, right now he thinks he has power over you. In his mind he can be as much of a dick as possible because there's nothing you can do that will bother him. You don't need to fuck him up hard or beat him to a pulp. Just next time he's being a dick punch him, just once, and if he comes back at you then you have a fight. But I guarantee he wont, I know that personality type. He thinks he's the alpha male, prove him otherwise, assert your dominance, and he will be too surprised and probably too cowardly to react, and he'll just fall into line.
>>
>>24609970
I'm going to try this with my dad.
>>
>>24609385
Just force him to bring it to the physical level first. Then fucking crush him. In the eyes of the law you'll be wrong if you strike him first. He sounds like the type to go and do that. You're weird as fuck man. Why can't you just be direct and firm with him and tell him to fuck off, and if he wants to bring it then use all your aggression.
>>
>>24609960

I'm pretty sure he does 100%.

I might "have some". We are both 2 people with lack of social interaction, HOWEVER, reacting VERY differently to that each one.

He tries to get as much attention as he can of people, by bullying (it's not even bullying since he doesn't do it directly) but by being a big huge passive aggressive asshole.

I on the other hand can say that I'm more of a recluse and loner by choice. I can be extrovert and talk to people if I want to, I just need to flip a switch, but most of the time I just don't and want to be on my own.

I am very quiet and seen as shy by other people. He's very loud and seen as an asshole by other people.
>>
>>24609385
I saw a thread the other day of a frog poster asking how he could piss off his roommate I would laugh so hard if this was about him
>>
>>24610091
Just tell us what he does you whiny faggot.

I'm starting to like him a lot more than you.
>>
Honestly, no. All it does is provide momentary catharsis, and then you're back to square one without solving the real problem.
>>
>>24609385
you fucking faggot

get together with the other roommates, come up with an excuse to kick him out

or

just move out

stop being this fucking faggot thinking of how to hit him without the police being involved goddamn it's like you never grew up and gained critical thinking skills
>>
>>24609385
Hurting people feels great.
>>
>>24610167
If you're a sadist.
>>
>>24610070

I might do that, I've considered it. To try to use verbal assertive aggression first.

The only problem is, if that doesn't work and he continue to do his thing. Then I MUST use physical aggression second immediately after, with no words spoken second warning bullshit, otherwise I'll be the loser.
>>
>>24610091

Remember what happened to those asian male roomates of Elliot?
>>
Pull pranks on him as punishment.
>>
>>24610091

what do you actually prefer to do?

do you actually want to hurt him or just make him stop being an asshole?
>>
>>24609385
Just grab his shirt(hold on to it real tight)in the middle of talking to him and start socking him in the face over and over...aim for his nose and try to break it.

Am i'm I the only person that's ever been in a few fistfights on here? you're not gonna kill him by hitting him in the face like >>24609528 says.
>>
>>24609385
stop being such a fucking pussy and tell him "stop being such a passive aggressive dick"
explain to him what he is doing wrong and tell him to stop doing it.

getting into one fight with him isn't going to make living under the same roof as him stressful, unless you are a buttfrustrated closet homo.

TL;DR stop being a beta and fucking tell him what he is doing wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nhcm2hQ5Wo1qz7oa1.png (114 KB, 498x246) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nhcm2hQ5Wo1qz7oa1.png
114 KB, 498x246
>attempting communication with OP
>>
>>24609792
This.Strength in numbers,fool them fucking normies with the facade of "it helps us all,right?"
and use group pressure to end that asswipe's reign of obnoxious terror.
>>
OP here. He was just pissing in thd toilet really fucking loudly then sneezed three or four times. I know he's just doing this to cause a lot of noise.

He thinks he's so great.. Going to confront him soon.
>>
>>24610158

It's not that easy to kick somebody out (legally with eviction) based on the things that he does. It's small little things that done over and over will drive everybody else in the house nuts and make very stressful, but not "big enough" for eviction.

All those things you're suggesting, getting people together against him, is exactly the shit that he wants. He wants to be this big problem that everybody hates. The problem for him is that so far everybody is ignoring him. The problem for us and for me specially is that we still have to deal with his shit.
>>
>>24610302
>He was just pissing in thd toilet really fucking loudly

You know what that means, Anon? He has a huge dick.
>>
>>24609528
OP doesn't have fucking krav maga tier skills. if anything he sounds like Leonard from the big bang theory.
hes probably skinny or overweight so worst case scenario he lands a good punch and the guy fucks off, or he doesn't know how to punch like a man and embarrasses himself.
>>
>>24609556
it sounds more like your scared to talk to him about it, like you will look like a puss (already done)
talk to him like an adult, if he still carries on then punch him in the face using an upwards strike that hits his nose.
or just so what anon said and get everyone to put bars of soap in socks and hit him with them while hes asleep. that will make him fuck off.
>>
OP here. He's currently washing the dishes, but in the most obnoxious way possible. Also he just dusted yhe living room but he dusted RIGHT TO LEFT instead of left to right. I have severe OCD and he KNOWS this triggers me.
>>
I would like to do both, hurt him with the expectation that by doing that it would help to stop him being an asshole (to other people, since I'd be moving out right after).

The problem is, I was the person who was all nice and kind to him and showed the room he's living in (the landlord asked me that favor).

So now because all of this there's still this feeling of injustice since I've NEVER done anything to him and he's doing A LOT to provoke me.

Even if I just move out and decide to do nothing about it, I still think I'll be a bit of a loser because nothing was done about it, plus he'll continue to do his shit. The problem is that no one is doing anything about it.

But someone has to do it.

I eavesdrop him talking on the phone, (it's not that I have a choice, he lives right next to me and we're separated by a thin layer of drywall), and people at his work also hate him. So I just want to make it clear that he's the problem who thinks everybody else in the world are the assholes and is everybody else fault.
>>
>>24609585
you wont fucking kill him. just dont be a fucking retard about it
are you fucking 9 years old???
>>
>>24610383
This. Do this
>>
just tell him next time he pisses you off. its going down.

If he crosses that line. You. Know. What. To. Do.
>>
>>24609918
you don't have to "flee" just fucking punch him in the mouth, hard. try to make him fall over. then say "you know why i did that, don't you?" then explain that he's being a dick, everyone agrees that he is a douche, and that there is more where that came from.
>>
>>24610091
you sound like you're underage.
>>
>>24610479

Nope. We are both adults. So is everybody else in the house. However he acts like a manchild, the only person in the house.
>>
>>24610188
Stop being a fucking pussy. if he annoys you, tell him to stop it. if he carries on then tell him its his last fucking warning. if he again carries on then fucking hit him.
>>
File: 1437118928827.jpg (420 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437118928827.jpg
420 KB, 1000x1000
>>24609385
If you're going to never come back anyway, then why don't you make a plan to skip town and adopt a new identity after murdering him?

Fuck him. Passive-aggressive cunts are the worst, and they seldom (if ever) change. You'll probably be doing everyone else a favor.
>>
>>24610302
"he was just pissing in the toilet really fucking loudly"
"he sneezed three or four times"
>I'm going to go full REEEEEEE because he has natural bodily functions
>faggot.
sorry that he passes urine and acts like a normal person.
>normie scum
>>
>>24610395
more triggers being pulled than at columbine.
>>
>>24610514

Yep, I'm most convincing myself I'm gonna do exactly in that order.

The only thing is that still will have to be premeditated that if the first option doesn't work, the second one will come right after and I MUST flee and move out the same day. So I need another place ready to stay.

That's something very important, that I can't get caught by police. He's the type of idiot who would call the cops or try to sue me so I must flee.
>>
>>24610404
you're going to move out just because you got into a fight(not even a proper one) with asshole roommate?

you realize if you do this then he pretty much wins.
>>
>>24609385
dude I just read this entire thread and fuck you OP. if I was your roommate I would have already done something much worse than this guy has done to you. first of all you offer no proof that he is intentionally fucking with you, so I'm inclined to believe you're fucking crazy and he's just self absorbed and doesn't realize he's bothering you. second beat his ass or don't, but the kind of guy who would've done something would've already done it. fuck you. fuck you. look inward and figure your shit out son.
>>
>>24610604
you dont have to fucking run away. even if you hit him you are still a coward and a loser if you puss out like a bitch.
i highly doubt he will call the cops, and even if he does i doubt they will arrest you for hitting him because he was a dick. worst thing that can happen is the cops get pissed at your roommate for wasting their time.
even if you do run away, if he calls the cops then you "fled the crime scene"
>plan
>out the window
>>
>>24610395
hahahha dude
>>
>>24610524

At the peak of my rage when he's annoying me, I must confess, I feel like causing him some damage to at least almost kill him.

But I won't do it, I'm still young, I'm very ambitious and have so many plans in life and things I want to do, I just want to be free. I know at the end I'll be very successful and living a good life while he'll be an idiot living a mediocre life which the peak of his day is when he gets to pissed off a roommate on a shitty shared house he's living on.

On one hand I feel bad for him, that he's so low, that he's achievement is pissing people off and that's it.
>>
>>24610705
good luck bro. you don't figure this when for life, but somehow always seems try this simple
>>
File: th42.jpg (18 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
th42.jpg
18 KB, 340x480
>>24609385
>>24610302
>OP here. He was just pissing in thd toilet really fucking loudly then sneezed three or four times. I know he's just doing this to cause a lot of noise.
>He thinks he's so great.. Going to confront him soon.

OP is a fucking wild man
>>
don't drop the soap OP
>>
>>24610631

Trust me on this. He's the asshole to everybody. This isn't a thing about me versus him.

It's him versus everybody. It just seems that I'm the only person who is thinking and planning and doing something about it, because NOBODY is doing anything.

I've heard him talking on the phone multiple times that he has problem at work as well and one person in particular was trying to get him fired.

This is the guy that in his mind, everybody else in the world are assholes and he's the only person right.

If you were my roommate and you at least were aggressive to me and want to do something worse I would gladly prefer that. As long as you're not a passive aggressive piece of shit who wakes me up in the morning by hitting the wall repeatedly and say: "good morning".
>>
>>24610824
you sound like an elitist normie snob. go fuck yourself.
>>
>>24610824
>who wakes me up in the morning by hitting the wall repeatedly and say: "good morning".

were you both going somewhere?
>>
>>24609385
it's the height of irony that you're obsessed with social status and where you're going in life and then you turn around and use the image from fight club like you understood any of the major themes of the story. fucking hypocritical asshole, pretending you're magically better than every other human being on the face of the planet. oh you have a successful job, mummy and daddy paid for your college, you jump when authority figures tell you to jump, and now your intuition is completely atrophied because you never think for yourself. and now you're mindlessly cleaving to archaic social order traditions where high power individuals shit all over the low power ones.

here let me solve all your problems for you, "can you keep it down a bit? I have to study." and then you pester him every time he doesn't. you get assertive/aggressive, not passive/aggressive like a disgruntled housewife poisoning her husbands meal. you're supposed to be an adult, you can do better.
>>
OP here.

He just ordered everyone in the house pizza. But like the calculating faggot he is, added mushrooms onto every pizza. NONE of us like mushrooms except HIM.

He's such a slimey fucking snake. Now we have to starve because of his incessant machinations and watch him scoff down his food.

I need to flee soon.
>>
>>24610989

You're over analyzing everything. I just picked this image because it was the first thing to come to mind when creating this thread since the movie has the word "Fight" in it.

Of all the assumptions you make the only thing you got it right is that I'm obsessed with social status. The rest, not so much.

And yes, I'll be more assertive/aggressive, this thread and discussion actually helped me.
>>
>>24611039
>orders house pizza with own money
>housemates too lazy to pick mushrooms off pizza

Wow my roommate is so shit I'm going to assault him
>>
>>24611088
I don't care if you work hard. You're hiding violent primal impulses behind moral superiority and a refusal to adapt to nuanced circumstances and it reeks of immaturity.
>>
File: 117524145069.jpg (35 KB, 274x410) Image search: [Google]
117524145069.jpg
35 KB, 274x410
>and I must flee the house I'm living right after to never come back

If just packing your bags and leaving is an option, just do that from the start. Nothing says 'you're an unbearable asshole' than just walking away.

Hitting him would make you worse than he is.

>I don't want to have to live with all the stress under the same roof with the person that I've just beat the shit of

I have personal experience with that specific situation. The grudge never dies - it can destroy the most tender, gentle relationship. Each person will walk away feeling like they lost, and want to get even.

Just leave.
>>
>>24611039
this has to be b&
>>
>>24611149

I'm sorry, you might disagree with this, but I think I'm better than him. WAY better, and I don't think there's nothing wrong with feeling this way. I don't think I'm better than "every other human on the face of the planet" though, just some people, like him.

It's not even hard to feel this way, when someone is really REALLY shitty, I automatically know that I'm better, I don't even have to try, it's more that the person is really low, not that I'm high.
>>
>>24611039
Ok didn't know you guys are than him. You guys can give him the treatment they gave Pvt. Paula in Full Metal Jacket. You know the one with the socks and soap. While doing so not only gag him but also blindfold him. Make sure no one says a word and does not hit his head or hip.
If assholeness goes on repeat with attacking his face with your fists while he is blindfolded.
>>
>>24611200
eeyup
>>
>>24609385
I would just move out, honestly. I don't like the idea of initiating the use of force.
>>
>>24611201
If you are, then I still don't see why you have to do anything. You're going to do better than him in life.
>>
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
>>
Everybody in the house should gather and tell him to stop what you dont like he's doing otherwise he needs to leave.
>>
Should suck his dick and show him who's boss.
>>
>>24609385
>>24609385
If leaving the house and never coming back is an option, do that.
>>
File: oh reall.jpg (63 KB, 375x419) Image search: [Google]
oh reall.jpg
63 KB, 375x419
>>24609385
>I can't kill him
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.