[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
O K I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD DO THIS holy shit it's like,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: Eureka.png (60 KB, 611x224) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.png
60 KB, 611x224
O K I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD DO THIS

holy shit

it's like, everything makes sense now
>>
File: 1443222675318.png (270 KB, 373x503) Image search: [Google]
1443222675318.png
270 KB, 373x503
>Fatima
>>
congratulations your revelation has won you the internet!
>>
File: 5get.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5get.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>24607888
noice trips desu
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 472x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 472x444
>>24607888
>sup anon, nothing much, we were just talking about what we did last weekend
>what about you anon how'd you spend your weekend?
>>
Yeah people are pretty chill when not in public spaces
>>
This only works if you're a normie, though.
>>
>>24607888
Uh, Anon, we were trying to have a personal conversation, could you please leave?
>>
>>24608044
It works regardless. This is how you BECOME a normie.
>>
>>24608052
There is literally a 0% chance of this happening at a party.
>>
>>24608052
/thread
saged
called my parents
called the cops
alerted the partyvan
>>
File: isis-muslim-terrorists-islam.jpg (77 KB, 380x372) Image search: [Google]
isis-muslim-terrorists-islam.jpg
77 KB, 380x372
>>24607929

>fatima

I love me some forced multikulti
>>
>>24608060
If you're able to approach a group of strangers and manage to integrate yourself smoothly into their conversation then you're already a normie in the first place. I'm nervous just thinking about it.
>>
>>24608052
Doesn't happen, but there is a high chance of the opener given in the OP just being awkward.

Ghost your way in and speak when there's a pause and you've got some content. If you can't contribute, why talk to them anyway?
>>
>>24607888
>Fatima's friend
Fucking multicultural shits
>>
File: 1373253624807.jpg (42 KB, 600x674) Image search: [Google]
1373253624807.jpg
42 KB, 600x674
>>24608083
>>24608162
This happens.
And it really fucking hurts afterwards because people will up and deny that it's possible.
>>
>fatima

ahahahahahahaahahahahahah
>>
>>24608217
It's pretty rare though, since most groups trying to dissuade someone will just ignore any comments they make until they leave
>>
>>24607888

It doesn't quite work like this, but the idea is good. Talk to people!
>>
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 480x2572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 480x2572
>>24608248
>no offense bro, but I don't know who you are, so I don't want to include you in this conversation
These words were spoken
>>
This is why we need social classes for autists like us.

Our society somehow just expects us to know all this shit.
>>
>>24607888
That shit wouldn't fly here in the UK.

Probably in Murica though.

>'Like, hey dudes! Whatch ya'll talking bout?'
>'Oh sup bro man, just debatin on our like, favourite burger y'know?'
>>
>>24609818
that's because we're all far too awkward
>>
>>24609818
You don't need to introduce yourself.
Just walk up if there's an opening, and listen in. If it's a conversation that you can contribute to, then do so. If not, walk away. That's how parties work.
>>
>>24609818
>just debating our favorite burger

i'm fucking laughing because this actually does happen
>>
>Fatima's friend
Is this party in Sweden?
>>
>>24607888
I learned to do this after spending a bunch of parties hopped up on random stimulants telling jokes to anyone that would hear them. Now I usually just wait for lulls in conversation and ask if anyone knows any.
>>
>>24609818
Oh yeah sorry i forgot to bless the queen when I came up to you keks
>>
File: 1444613479965.png (622 KB, 414x570) Image search: [Google]
1444613479965.png
622 KB, 414x570
>tfw not fatima's friend
>>
>>24607888
Every time I try this their parents come and pull them away from me
>>
>>24608084
Haven't seen this one in years. Wow, brings back memories.

How old? '07 or older??
>>
>>24609664
That was K-12, teaching the classes' content was just a little bonus.

They just didn't bother with the hopeless cases.
>>
I've seen foreign students do this at university as well, not even during parties
To me it looks awkward and rude, but then again maybe I'm just too 'restrained, as they say
>>
>>24607888
>at a party
>being at parties
>>
>>24608119

muslim arab men are better than fedora atheist white bois..
>>
>>24609664
>This is why we need social classes for autists like us.
I actually do this for a living. I teach beta dudes how to pick up chicks. They usually don't even know common knowledge social stuff and I have to tell em.
>>
>>24608060
how do you get invited to or end up at a party if you are not already a normie

fku shit advice
>>
>>24612194
you wanna help me tyler
>>
>>24611077
Good one mate.
>>
>>24609889
no it doesnt fuck off europoor normalshits
>>
Anyone got any tips like this? Shit that normies know but that robots probably don't
>>
I don't know. I've done this before. Like this one time I was sitting in a pub drinking and a group next to me was arguing about how do you say cheers in French, I knew how to say it because I was once drinking with a belgian guy and from there we started talking and I ended up going to a party with them.

Or another time I saw two women who just seemed bored so I walked up to them and just opened a conversation with "Hey, you look like you're pretty bored starting into a wall, what say we chat a little? What are you studying?".

Truth is both of these times I was drunk out of my fucking mind. I'm not a Chad though. I'm balding, beareded neanderthal-looking ugly manlet.
>>
>>24609573
what even is that animation
>>
>>24612574
How do you convert your statements into conversations? I've had three occasions the past few months where I overheard some questions that I had an answer to and was able to chime in quickly but the one time I wanted to continue talking I had no idea what to do from there.
>>
>>24612544
It's bad advice that will make you look like an autist. People introduce themselves first and then start conversations. Butting in is never a good idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (491 KB, 480x2571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
491 KB, 480x2571
>>24612790
Some Korean(?) bullshit that's sometimes funny.
>>
>>24608248
>>It's pretty rare though
It's about 110% certain if you're ugly.
>>
>>24607888
What do I do if my name isn't Steve or jared and fatima is more of an acquaintance than a friend?
Help me robots.
>>
>>24607888
uhhh no i tried this. it might work if youre a chad but the typical robot is going to get shit on.
>have no friends at 22
>weeaboo cousin feels bad for me and invites me to a party shes throwing for another weeb friend
>i dont like anime or otaku culture at all and her friends ive met are all weird as fuck so say no at first
>she tells me its not just her friends that I knew, normal people would be there too
>decide fuck it wont ever meet anyone sitting on /r9k/ all day maybe itll be fun
>show up early only me and one of her weeb friends are there, its at cousins house but she fucked off to get something for the party
>slowly but surely people start to arrive and mingle
>eventually like 20-25 of them show up
>whole mix of people weebs, jocks, alternative kids
>i literally sat on a swing out back by myself for 2 hours wondering why id came and getting ready to leave
>decide i might as well at least try and talk to people before I dip
>walk up to a group of like 4-5 people talking drinking beers
>standing slightly outside the group didnt want to just break the circle and draw attention to myself
>when theres a break in conversation I say "hi im anon im (my cousins names) cousin"
>they literally just stare at me and nobody says anything
>getting fucked by anxiety at this point, start sweating and was probably turning red
>say "well this got awkward didnt mean to ruin the conversation"
>still dead silence
>cousins weeb friend comes over, she knows them and says "oh sorry for anon hes kind of autistic"
>they all laugh and still dont say anything to me
>fuck this shit im going home
>leave
>havent gone out since, almost 25 now my anxiety has probably gotten even worse due to no contact to anyone but family.
>>
>>24607888
"Um, this an A, B conversation?"
>>
This does NOT work people will think you're annoying. If anything slowly slip in but dont say anything unless you contribute to the conversation.
>>
>try something like this when I was a plucky young college freshman
>walk up to a group of people and try to join their conversation, because I watched the TV show they were discussing
>enter their circle
>make a comment about the TV show
>nobody so much as glances at me
>make it again, slightly louder because I figured they didn't hear me
>they still are pretending like I'm not even there
>slowly turn around and leave
>"what was that about..."
My life could be catalogued by the series of degrading events that have led me to become the dysfunctional person I am today. These events have slowly beaten into my mind what I've come to accept, which is that I simply don't fit in, something about me is 'off' and causes people to avoid me and end conversations with me as fast as possible, for this reason the only way to save myself the pain and embarrassment is to make no attempt at all, keep to myself and avoid contact with others at all costs.
>>
>>24608119
The guy in the orange shirt looks like he's taking a nasty shit and the guy in the black robe is all supportive like "Bro, you're gonna get through this"
>>
>>24607983
>not telling modified thruths

For example
>"played vidya with steam friends" -> "hung out with my friends"
>"I drank beer in my underwear while posting on /r9k/" -> "Got wasted with my friends"
>"Wrote 30 lines of shit code" -> "Worked on some personal projects"
You can't really be called out for any of these
>>
File: weeaboo.png (38 KB, 800x454) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.png
38 KB, 800x454
>>24615875
By "weeaboo" do you mean someone who watches some anime or the guy on the left in the pic?
>>
>>24612535
yeah it does you stupid fuck

have you never had a conversation in your life
>>
>>24608162
That's exactly my problem. I don't have content. I never have content.
>>
File: halloween cirno eats candy.png (439 KB, 900x917) Image search: [Google]
halloween cirno eats candy.png
439 KB, 900x917
>get a job
>go to the company christmas party
>lots of people there with the same interests as me
>talk about mutual interests with them
D-Did I do good?
>>
>>24618593
>modified truths

greatest thing ever, I really dont understand how anybody is ever caught in a lie, its so easy to bullshit people
>>
>>24618999
There were people at your job who like 2hu?
>>
>>24607888
It sounds awkward as fuck
>>
I think the success of this would greatly depend upon the situation.

Walking up to a group talking if you're in a class with them or something - probably OK

Trying to insert yourself into the conversations of total strangers - probably not OK unless you're in some setting where people are expected to be social
>>
>>24619377
The mutual interest wasn't 2hu
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.