[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: Help me.gif (971 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Help me.gif
971 KB, 500x500
Have to drive back to uni tomorrow, the break was nice while it lasted but I have 24 pages to write in the next 4 days. All my professors made final papers due on the same day which is the 3rd, I also have final exams to study for as well.

The good news is I'm a fast typist and can probably get it all done before Thursday, granted I'm not looking forward to actually fucking doing it. These next two weeks are going to be the most trying times of the semester for me, I don't mind writing papers but fucking hell I wish my professors didn't make me write 6 to 12 page papers plus finding peer-reviewed/academic sources.

I shouldn't have procrastinated, I could have written these papers weeks ago but I was too excited about the Thanksgiving break that I didn't give a shit and now I let it all pile up so I have a lot of work ahead of me.
>>
What uni, OP. Driving back tomorrow as well
>>
>>24606990
It's a state college in Texas, that's all I'm willing to say.
>>
>>24607027
I go to NCSU. For ~three more weeks anyways. There's another anon here who goes as well, he reposts all the troll threads on our yikyak.
>>
>>24606954
i got 11.5 of 12 pages for my first paper done, then 8 more to go for wednesday. after that, should be in the clear. Just gotta keep going so this semester isn't wasted
>>
>>24607027
Hopefully its not UTPB
>>
>two big group projects due at the end of this week
>both groups decided that we should just get everything done during break and meet tomorrow (sunday) to put it together
>I haven't done shit

fucking normies, why would I work during break
each one is like 10 pages of writing for me plus research and calculations etc

>tfw they'll probably give me shit evaluations

(though desu I'm always on break because I never go to class and I didn't go anywhere during break and I'm just a lazy faggot who can't do anything until the night before it's due)

fuck me lads
>>
I got nothing but a final on the 9th, I think I'll do okay. On the 12th I graduate. Hoping my prof let's me skip the final. He said it's unlikely he'll let me, but I'm hoping for that miniscule chance he let's me just slide by.

Other than that I really don't do anything other than maybe talk to my main prof about some data science shit. Then I get the break and come back in spring for a master's. Hopefully I'll do alright.

Still have to find a job or at least an internship. There's nothing interesting to do here though, going to apply for something up north where my friend works, maybe I can score something up there.
>>
>Only have 5 days set aside to write a 5000 word research paper
>Need to read about 2000 pages of material

Am I fucked? I don't know how to do this. Please help with advice
>>
>>24608892
Gonna have to skim the material, make a quick outline of highlights, expand upon the outline and nail the details, create a separate outline for how to approach and present the material you found and its highlights, write the paper (make it a goal to finish say a page per hour or two hours), once finished go back and proofread, get someone else or the writing center at your college/uni to review it possibly, edit it some more, finally one last skim to double check, create your bibliography and cite your sources if you haven't already, and you're done.

The biggest paper I've written is about 5-6 pages, you're doing about double that afaik. This process has helped me. As long as you read the source material fairly well, write a good outline, take down detailed notes then just write you're good. The '1 page per hour' deal has always helped me. Even if the page is super shitty, at least you have something, you can move on from there and edit it later.
>>
>editing and composition of a video that depends on teammates sending me shit (they haven't done so) due to tuesday
>some drawings (probably 3 hours if I do it quickly) for monday
>an essay due to thursday
>the visual design for an unexistent mobile game due to thursday
>two pages of a storyboard for thursday (this one is not really hard)

That fucking visual design is going to kill me. I can already see myself committing sudoku on wednesday.

Good luck to everyones who is in a similar situation.
>>
>>24607027
University of Texas at Arlington brah
Shit sucks dick I know that feel my nigger
>>
>First year
>Did pretty well in first semester, A average
>start becoming reclusive, lazy, etc
>stopped going to class, got depressed, worried, scared in second semster
>nearly failed out just on assignment requirements
>crammed for my exams
>prayed that I could at least pass everything so I wouldn't have to bare the shame of dropping out
>Passed everything, just scraped prerequisites to go to next year.
This is my wake up call, I'm not going to let this happen again. I hope the rest of you robots can take your first steps to making it as well.
>>
File: bb.jpg (28 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
28 KB, 500x366
First year sucked ass b/c of reasons and I finished it with 2.8 gpa. Complete shit, i know.

Now Im trying to bring it up, but finals are upon us and its daunting. Tobehonesto, I hate school and my mom CONSTANTLY talks shit to me about not being motivated and being entitled and all this other bullshit. I need something in my life to help me stay motivated. Just 1 good thing about myself that can fall back on so when times get tough, I can look at myself and say "i can do it". A gf is a pretty far stretch. Maybe I can get muscular. I've been going to the gym so hopefully I can get to a point where im proud of how I look.

Its not that im too dumb to do the work, its just im so damn lazy and i have a lot of depressed/dead-end thoughts about the future.

Well, wish me luck. I dont think i can survive another winter break here at home if my grades arent good enough for my parents. I have to get the fuck out of this house. Its complete torture. Not going to kill myself, just going going to try and live through the constant anger.
>>
Ok I guess. They gave me an award in the honor society but I haven't spoken to a single other person in a year. I'm pretty sure I'm starting to lose my mind but hopefully I can keep it together until I transfer to a better school
>>
File: 1440951640122.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
1440951640122.png
64 KB, 507x540
>>24608074
>decided to start working on one of them after I wrote this
>now I'm up at 6am on a saturday night writing some shit report and have only like 4 pages done so far
>>
thoughts on taking a 'gap year' from school?
if I can get a comfortable wage slave position I may take next year off university (i am in second year and it's killing me)

or does this get you too lethargic and make it hard to go back?
>>
How do I get myself to study consistently?
>>
File: 1427350053029.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1427350053029.png
32 KB, 633x758
I really am a failure. I can't even accomplish first semester classes of a fucking community college. Semesters wrapping up and I've done fuck all. I know I am going to fail. I'm not going to make it.

What stings the most is that everyone goes to uni or cc. It seems like such a basic thing to do that so many others have done and I can't.

I guess it's not so bad. I didn't even want to do it in the first place. it's all paid for and I won't go into debt or anything. But I still feel like human garbage.
>>
Anyone else transferring or have experience with transferring out of a community college?

I finally finished my first 2 years (which took 3 1/2 years) in a SUNY school and I'm wondering what the realistic expectations are for any college to take a piece of shit like me.
>>
>>24613305
Forgot to mention also my GPA is 3.1.
>>
>I shouldn't have procrastinated, I could have written these papers weeks ago but I was too excited about the Thanksgiving break that I didn't give a shit and now I let it all pile up so I have a lot of work ahead of me.
>tfw I know this is going to be me in around a month

lord almighty give me strength
>>
>>24613062
The bar just keeps rising and the rest of us can't make the jump over it. fuck.
>>
I broke up with my gf because we spent too much time together and failing school.

Now I'm still failing, but this time with no gf
>>
File: 1427245637713.png (1 MB, 1008x1414) Image search: [Google]
1427245637713.png
1 MB, 1008x1414
>>24613428
I'm learning to accept my fate.
Some things were not meant to be.
>>
>>24612422
Best decision I made. Granted I have a decent job in research but I don't get paid that much, its still nice to not be stressed out and shit
>>
File: 1416880613499.gif (603 KB, 400x453) Image search: [Google]
1416880613499.gif
603 KB, 400x453
>>24613453
congratulations on being a moron AND a normie.
now get out.
>>
>>24613361
You can do it, mate
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.