[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /escapes into sleep/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (112 KB, 359x393) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 359x393
anyone else use sleep as escapism?

I spend almost all of my free time sleeping. If I can't fall asleep I use pills

On weekends I will wake up, eat, go back to sleep multiple times and then take sleeping pills just to sleep until the next day comes

It's probably fucking me up long term but I dont care. Sleep is the only place I'm happy
>>
I can somewhat relate. I went through a couple years of depression where I was either on the computer or lying in bed. I still love daydreaming. I love dreaming when I'm asleep, too. I only ever have nice dreams where I'm having sex with pretty girls or just spending time with them. Yeah, sleeping isn't bad at all. Reality is the nightmare.
>>
File: eee.jpg (682 KB, 1600x1048) Image search: [Google]
eee.jpg
682 KB, 1600x1048
my dreams are usually full of unsettling shit nowadays so I generally don't look forward to sleep
>>
>>24604988
>>24605096

Op here. I don't even dream anymore. Everything just goes black and void.

Probably a result of decades of doing this
>>
>>24605137
I don't always dream. It's not something you control, per se. You can give your mind ideas, though. For example. All I think about is pretty girls when I'm in bed. I make up scenarios in my mind. Maybe we're going to a party, or we're on a road trip, maybe we're just having sex. My point is, learning to daydream will help you dream when you're asleep and you'll find that they won't be all that different.

So yeah, just get really relaxed and think happy thoughts. I've found that it's much easier when you're actually tired. It's harder to daydream when you're alert.
>>
>>24604892
>>24605096
A bit of both of these.

Dreaming can be really cool and fun sometimes. But sometimes they make things worse.

>suddenly appear in an open sunny field of grass
>qt is beside me - we are having a picnic
>sun setting
>sky is beautiful
>overlooking majestic futuristic city from the field we are sitting in
>feel immense happiness and peace; this is what true bliss feels like
>wake up

that shit tares you apart
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys3SZsRCkn0
>>
>>24604892
You're depressed, OP. Sleeping more than a normie is usually a sign of lack of friends, which makes you want to sleep more, thus depression.
>>
>>24604892
I need to learn how to lucid dream. The thought of escaping into a wonderland where I could do whatever the fuck I want is nice.
>>
>>24604892
This helped get me through middle school and early high school.
I eventually stopped being able to dream after I tried to kill myself with lucid dreaming. I've only recently been able to dream again, albeit infrequently, maybe 7 years later.
>>
I wish I didn't have any bodily needs. So much time wasted on useless bullshit.
>>
>>24604892
same

only time i feel happiness is in dreams
>>
File: t1737381x83bc44.jpg (15 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
t1737381x83bc44.jpg
15 KB, 240x180
>>24604892
I use being awake to escape sleep.
>>
My favorite part of sleep is that point right before you lose consciousness. Where your imagination is strongest (though it can be hard to control it). Unfortunately if I become aware of the state, I start to wake up more.
>>
>have dream I'm back in high school, but it's some kind of futuristic school with teleporters
>teleport to a field and chill out
>a girl shows up and reprimands me for using the teleporter when I was supposed to be in class
>says she was assigned to make sure I got to my classes
>sits next to me in my next class, but says to the teacher that she's a student so people don't realize she's just watching me
>we do a group project together and she seems genuinely interested in me
>start to get to know her more, develop feelings for her
>she pulls me aside and tells me that she was supposed to do something (I don't remember what, murder probably) to me but fell in love with me instead
>spend the next part of the dream escaping the school with her
>she holds my hand and kisses me
>I wake up
>feel sad

Fuck's sake. I'm pathetic.
>>
>>24606135
Sounds like a dream I also recently had except without the futuristic feel

Then I woke up and just stared at pictures of this girl I'm stalking and thought to myself that this was just as good
>>
>>24606135
It's ok, sometimes I feel this way too. At those times it's best to remember: not everyone can be a hero, but anyone can be an hero :)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.