[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art is dead. Nothing but shit effortlessly spewed out by egotistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 16
File: Dur-Sharrukin (721-705 BC).jpg (811 KB, 1750x1171) Image search: [Google]
Dur-Sharrukin (721-705 BC).jpg
811 KB, 1750x1171
Art is dead. Nothing but shit effortlessly spewed out by egotistic retards.
>>
Art is alive. There are many great artists out there once you ignore the shit. New art forms like animation and comics have opened new avenues in the engine of transcendent experience.
>>
File: Siege.jpg (453 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Siege.jpg
453 KB, 1280x1024
Well well well.

I don't appeciate that the landscape changes the way it odes. Brick and concrete, white light, glass and steel. Enveloping millions, billions. Inescapable/
>>
>the wrong generation nostalgia meme

lmao

if you actually took the time to learn about the history of art and how we got here, you'd know that modern art is the peak of artistic achievement

>there are people TODAY, browsing this board RIGHT NOW, who don't understand and appreciate that

baka
>>
What of the Marian shrines along roadsides. They gaze out over the countryside, watching the world. Protecting. I fear their disappearance.
>>
File: Balawat Gates 2.jpg (207 KB, 792x594) Image search: [Google]
Balawat Gates 2.jpg
207 KB, 792x594
>>24602859
If it was that generational self-consciousness came about, what would we see? The past, future, or present? Today we know who we are, lost, in the world of misery. Art replicates the horror without relief.

I disagree. We need to open up new avenues for hyper-intellectual experience. That will come to be, so long, but will it be good or bad? Will we be sucked in or will it simple suck?

Fear.
>>
The past is never experienced the way it was meant to be. We look at the ruins of Babylon and see mystery and hidden wonders, not a domineering force of power and sacred energy. We watch old films and see old films, not cutting edge technology. Each generation experiences the last generation, but not as that generation experiences it. Thus, experience grows exponentially so long as the experiencial source in maintained, but alas, it decays, or is destored outright. Is that what the future holds? No good. It must be preserved, to generate experience. They don't grow stale, death ensures that. Expirence must continue.
>>
File: 1448339307200.png (12 KB, 410x528) Image search: [Google]
1448339307200.png
12 KB, 410x528
>>24602845
that pic

I miss m&b
>>
Soiled by tainted words that mean what must not be meant, this whole world. What is a Semite? An Indian? That damnable cluster of nothing and everything. Knowing nothing, corrupting everything. Closing avenues.
>>
File: Jerwan aqueduct 5.jpg (395 KB, 1333x891) Image search: [Google]
Jerwan aqueduct 5.jpg
395 KB, 1333x891
>>24603154
I miss you and it and everything.
>>
I want morons from /ic/ to fuck off.
>>
Art was never alive. Art is supposed to be a mirror of society, right? To show us something about ourselves or about the world?

What does a pretty painting do? Or a sculpture? It just looks good. They're nice to look at, to have. I have never been enlightened by a painting or a sculpture.

Narrative art is especially flawed, because in all its forms it is a facsimile of reality. The stories have themes. The characters change. Everything is cohesive, things happen for a reason, and things make sense. That is so completely unlike reality it is absurd. Narrative art forms are the preferred source of entertainment for most people because, unlike real life, there is actually a meaning behind it.

We get sucked into stories that reinforce our already held opinions, be they optimistic, pessimistic, religious, what have you. If you watch/read challenging art you are unlikely to be changed by it. You might still find it good, but you also read the newspaper this morning.

Art is as meaningless as anything else in life. That said, I watch one film per day, listen to lots of music, go to art galleries, read literature and poetry, etc. I am a victim of art as well. We grasp for something better than ourselves and all we can find is empty, meaningless drivel passing itself off as high brow intellectualism. We may as well be rutting in the streets and stabbing each other for all it's worth in the end.

I don't care about real life, and neither do you. No one does. We care about movies, TV, and the internet. Sometimes books, sometimes music. Who cares.

I think music might be the "best" form of art since it can so concisely describe an emotion that others can relate to without getting bogged down in stories and things. Maybe the essence of art is simply mood. Maybe mood is all an artist should strive for. But, again, what purpose does it serve? Nothing enlightens. Nothing changes. All of it, from James Joyce to J.K. Rowling, is base entertainment.
>>
File: 1 Nimrud, Met Gate (870 BC).jpg (417 KB, 1024x760) Image search: [Google]
1 Nimrud, Met Gate (870 BC).jpg
417 KB, 1024x760
The avenues have not developed, leaving billions stranded, staving, confused, corrupted, jaded, doomed, inexperienced, down to earth, collapsing, unopened, soiled, broken, inpotentiated, unknowing, trapped, imprisoned, unable to escape the broken engine, the whirling cogs trapping mankind in its gears and teeth.

Can anything be done? Is it too late?

The machine has corrupted, it has broken, it was never designed to work. Only a heap of whirling, clanging, scrap.
>>
>>24602800
all anime is shit
>>
what is art?

can anyone give me an answer?

no reddit answers allowed
>>
File: IMG_1274.jpg (114 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1274.jpg
114 KB, 1600x1067
>>24603220
nice reflection

shit heads
>>
>>24603434
i can't tell if you are a calling me a shit head or not but i'm not sure i like your attitude buddy
>>
File: Nineveh, Lion Hunt (645-635 BC).jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Nineveh, Lion Hunt (645-635 BC).jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
>>24603220
What can be done? Something needs to be done.

We escape, open new avenues, try to hide, enter the sublime, reach for the ascendence, wallow in trancendent wonder. But we are dragged back, we are grounded, locked in by the broken, illusionary, machine. Reality, cannot break down. There is nothing to be broken.

We need to escape, rebuild, or just build the machine, the engine, mankinds savior. Escape this prison. The wheel of agony and ennui. escape. build the machine. We have tried. Art is how we try to build the machine, but it doesn't work, like a cardboard cuttout. We need to built the machine, and we need it to work, we need it to really work and never ever ever break or corrupt.

We cannot. Not now, maybe ever.

We need to escape. We need to. We must.
>>
File: noided.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
noided.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>24603467
There is only one escape, anon.
The only thing that matters in life.
>>
>>24603325
Anime is a new avenue. Open it and see, it is only another illusion, but we need to escape.

>>24603364
Art is the manifestation of the need to escape the hell world of nothing. The illusions spawned of our delusions. Attempt to create a new dimension, to build a machine that works, it is the drive of mankind. Doomed to failure, we only make new avenues painted on a wall. We crash like the road runenr.
>>
>>24602764

Well what else are they supposed to do with their """art""" """degrees"""?.
>>
>>24603509
No, you misunderstdn. The prison is real, it cannot be escaped without the machine, it is real. Time is the ultimate wall, death is the ultimate trap. With death dies the potential to escape, to build the machine. Die and you ar trapped forever within the confines of time. Your unfulfilled life continues to exist. You remain forever as a series of evens forever leading to nothing. Your suffering never ends. Time is teh enemey that dooms us all, the demon kind of all that trapps us. Time is the gatekeeper and the gate and the wall. There is not gate, only the wall and the wall. Engulphing us forevr and ever holy fuck

This is it tihis is the machine there is no machine there is nothing nevwas escapea eapdccpae eascape deapscape escped ecape escape cpexxpe epapc escape epapc escpe espcep peapcp pwspwapdwp

The trap is set and we can either jump in or wait to be taken there. We cannot avoid it. Only wait for hell.
>>
>>24603364
Art is something that has form and content, while being noncommercial and apolitical

It should turn you towards your existence and mortality, as opposed to entertainment, which turns you away from it.
>>
>>24603528
>Doomed to failure
>We crash like the road runner
>build a machine that works

Goddamn could you be anymore vague and annoying.

Just stop...
>>
>>24603633
See, I think you and I have a fundamental disagreement. I do not believe in any sort of supernatural or religious things. I do not care where we came from, and I firmly believe we aren't going anywhere after we die. We are temporary, and what we do in life doesn't matter. Our success, our suffering. It all ends with death. You won't be around to suffer anymore. Consciousness doesn't continue in any way, not even a 4th dimensional timeloop kind of thing. In my opinion, anyway.

There is no escape. Art is a distraction with which to pass the time. To view worlds more perfect than our own. Forget finding a way out, you can't. Death is not something to fear. It can be embraced, ignored, acknowledged, whatever. But it's there, and we all must die. This is it. It's not a sad thing, it's just a fact. Our petty squabbles won't matter in the end. And that's alright with me. The art I consume, the art I create, every thought in my head that I use to deal with the pain of existence; they are all just as meaningless and brief as I am.
>>
>>24603717
We are trapped and we cannot get out only the machine can get us out, the machine is the experience engine, it is what reality must be, within which we reside to feast upon th transedence of the machines offering to us that we produce by working the machine to produce the experience that we recieve. That machine is what ought to be, but the wordl is not the machine we are trapped in nothign we try to built the machine we try to escape to the machien we canjnt exape the roads lead nowhere we are suck wea cannot go we dfsnfdnsnn

What the fuck are we supposed to do.? Try to built the machine. We cannot.
>>
>>24603825
I believe nothing, there is nothing. Time is not a spirit or a spite. It is real. We cannot ignore it is real. It is a dimension, we are strings along it. We move up down, side side, forward backward, but in time only one direction. We are objetcts. Physical objects. Time is not how we see it, and nothing is thus. There is no way out. Where wa I? The temporal dimesion of reality exists and as an objetc exists within this dimension it does not disappear, information never dies. Our birth is one end of the sring, death the other. The string exists and doesn't go. At the end of the string we know all that came before, at the start we know nothing, it seems that we have moved. We have not. I am a baby right now, and a dying man. We are trapped. I forget. I forgot how this works. I can't eacpe. thi is not for us. Somebody ha to die.
>>
>people pay millions for this trash
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.