[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you own a tiny house? >Super cheap and easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: tiny-house-film-people-06.jpg (317 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
tiny-house-film-people-06.jpg
317 KB, 1000x563
Why don't you own a tiny house?

>Super cheap and easy to pay off in 2-5 years.
>Makes you look like you're hip and care about the environment, which is attractive to females.
>Once paid off, you can stop being a wagekek and spend your days eating tendies and posting frogs.
>>
>actually buying a cuc.k shed
>>
>>24601748
If I was a forest monster I would LOVE that house. Just smash through that window-door and go to town. It's like a happy meal box.
>>
>>24601748
They're more expensive than you'd think, not to mention installing electricity and plumbing
>>
>>24601748
>trailers and mobile homes: hipster edition
>>
>>24601748
It's be easier just to live in a trailer.
>>
>>24603379

I've priced them. Fully furnished they top out around 30 to 50k depending on how fancy you get with your shower steamer and copper countertops and hardwood floors, walls, and ceilings. It could be done on the cheap end around 5k . but that's assuming you salvage doors and windows and use vynil flooring. I do plan for wallpaper in the cheap on at least so you're not shuck with ass ugly gypsum. I don't know why anyoanyone uses tshit. shit
>>
>>24601764
Your kek meme does not apply retard
>>
I'm willing to spend more of my budget for a better place to live. I basically never leave, so a nice cave makes life more bearable.
>>
How much do nice mobile homes cost? I mean the ones that are bricked to the ground--not the wheeled ones. Isn't it like 40k?
>>
You'd still have to buy land right?
>>
Where would I put my snakes? I'd have to buy another tiny house to put all my reptiles in. Where do I put the kitchen? I'd have to buy a third tiny house to put the kitchen in. Fourth tiny house if I want a game room/study. This seems like it's inconvenient and expensive. I'd rather just get a 2 bedroom condo and rent to own.
>>
>>24601748
I've always wanted to. A nice, menial job (that I enjoy enough), and a home with enough space to chill with a kitchen is all I aspire to. .
>>
>>24601748
You realize these are just trailers remarketed for hipsters, right?
>>
>>24605810

So you're in favor of tiny homes then? What do you mean nicer stuff?

I've been able to boil luxury down to its basics. Sleeping, cooking, and hygiene. I want a 380sqft cottage. I will have a fairly large bathroom, a glass walk in shower flush with the floor with soaking tub, shower, and steamer, huge mirror, and stone finish walls. Kitchen will likewise be premium shit. Beautiful everything. Ridiculous high btu range, and possibly even sacrifice some under counter storage space for a keg freezer and 4 taps. The loft will be exactly the size of California king mattress, raw linen sheets, Fox fur blankets, and rabbit fur blankets, then a huge window so it has a view. I don't like people so location doesn't matter, just somewhere cheap. Entertainment is easy. It's all on computer so I have a laptop, e-reader, and projector. I do like desktop for the big screen but I work better when not multitasking. Either play vidya or anime on the big screen or read on the little. No wife, happy life.
>>
>>24606004

Those are poseurs. The real hipsters build their own. I think it's offshoot of the earth ship thing. Earth ship really only works in one particular biome so the rest of us are shuck with tiny homes we build ourselves fine tuned to the local environment. I saw one that was ferro cement in Vermont. Very impressive structure and could probably survive a nuke. I prefer wood, at least aesthetically. I build in concrete then put on wood facade for best of both worlds. It's the way to go. Big houses are like suvs. Who even likes them besides old people? We're the beautiful rats. We need cute little two seater cars or motorcycles, and cute little two seater homes. Anything bigger is impractical and paying more for an object inferior in every way. Small is the new big.
>>
I would gladly live in one, but I have no idea where I would put it. If I could buy a tiny plot of land and put a fence around it so my dog wouldn't be cooped up, it would be perfect.
>>
>>24606815

We should get a bunch of neets together and buy one of those small 6 acre lots in Bumfuck Mississippi for dirt cheap. 2 neets per acre. We could grow rabbits and grapes, and weeds and vegetables and be happy. We could even pretend to have a constipated horse that needs lots of unsalted corn. Oops, we don't have a constipated horse. Better make moonshine so it doesn't go to waste then.
>>
>>24606929
Anon! you cannot grow rabbits! Oh my goodness gracious me! hahahahaha.
>>
>>24607108

Where do they come from then? I've seen domesticated and meat breeds for sale when I did 4h club. No one has time to hunt them. Maybe grow was the wrong word, but it felt right. Raise, farm, whatever. Free range bunnies in a single giant community cage. We'll mark Chad and Stacy and eat the rest, crowning a new Chad and Stacy when they get too old.
>>
I have an extensive video game collection that I can't/won't part with
>>
>>24607229

How extensive are we talking? Use it to line your walls. Every wall is a giant shadowbox. Not my taste really but it sounds cool and would set the them quick and easy like. What good is a collection if it's not on display?
>>
File: traincarhouse.jpg (49 KB, 540x361) Image search: [Google]
traincarhouse.jpg
49 KB, 540x361
if I had the money, I'd buy an old rail car and a siding off a small line, renovate it, and live there. could just chill in my train car house, watching the modern trains roll by
>>
>>24607197
Have fun breaking their necks when it's time to butcher them
>>
>>24605187
>30-50k
And if you had a pair of functioning testicles, you could build a house four times that size for half that price, with the sweat of your own brow.
>>
>>24605187
>30-50
>on a swanky toolshed
kek
>>
It's also about taxes and building standards.
If you are on wheels, then it is considered a trailer and only vehicle registration, put a foundation the the property taxes kick in and boom, empty your wallet.
Need to move, don't like the area, hook up to your truck and your gone, no movers, no real estate people, no bank, no bullshit.
A lot of people want no more than they need, not want, but need.
If you use propane, solar, composting toliet, no city/county hookups needed, no extra fees, taxes.
Because it is a trailer, building codes are different, no inspections, certificate of occupancy, meaning more taxes.
Don't like the neighbors, hook up and move, cold in winter, move.
A lot of land owners in rural areas will rent and acre of land to you for almost nothing.
It's not for everyone, no is forcing anybody to do this. If you like it, do it, if not.
The great thing is, there are more living choices in this country, than you could ever try in your lifetime.
>>
>>24601748
>which is attractive to females.
I can guarantee you most women would rather live in a big fuel-guzzling mansion than a shipping container.
>>
Good luck finding an affordable plot of land in the city.
>>
>>24609118
Most women are vapid whores.
Nothing of value will be lost by losing their interest.
They'd just as soon kek you while your slaving away a good third of your life for shit you never wanted.
>>
>>24601748
>tiny house
Half these things are just single wide trailers with better interiors and a nice facade. Idk when it became fashionable to live in a trailer.
>>
File: x5CWfov.jpg (31 KB, 500x251) Image search: [Google]
x5CWfov.jpg
31 KB, 500x251
I've actually considered a tiny home. Here's the biggest problem:

Zoning laws. Doesn't matter if you own the land or not; most cities require a home to be larger than 500 square feet.

Now, that doesn't mean you'll be visited by the sheriff the day after you park/build your tiny house. You might not hear from anyone for months. Maybe longer.

But all it takes is one neighbor who thinks you're bringing down the property values to bitch to the authorities, and BOOM. You're fucked.

So, if you feel lucky, roll the dice. But you're gambling with a LOT of money. Sure, you can hoist the house back on wheels and try moving elsewhere, but the cities that allow tiny houses are few and far between. And if you own the land you're on, you might be stuck in your situation for a good long time if you can't find a buyer.
>>
>>24601748
I cpuldndo that if it was by the coast of am island and close to a major city
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.