[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normalshits, how do I be more exciting? Also, stop spreading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: lennybuzz.gif (189 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
lennybuzz.gif
189 KB, 320x240
Normalshits, how do I be more exciting?
Also, stop spreading this lie that you need to just be yourself, or it happens, all that shit, the one thing that kills your chances more than anything is being boring and dull as fuck. Nobody wants to be fucking bored.
>>
>>24599824

Pick 3 new hobbies and try them out on a schedule. Join clubs and groups related to them if you develop a deeper interest. If not, pick 3 new hobbies. Repeat as needed.
>>
>>24599824
>how do I be more exciting?

Do exciting things. Live around and befriend people with exciting lives and careers. Find things in life that excite you personally, and get involved in them.

>stop spreading this lie that you need to just be yourself

Most of that meme is just half-brained robots smugly spouting that phrase ad nauseum. The real platitude actually advocates the opposite of what you're thinking of.
>>
Don't be religious.

This is the worst poison of creativity. Why are Buddhists so incomprehensibly dull, for instance? Because they're completely lost in their cliches about 'seeing reality' and 'experiencing reality' and 'understanding reality' and 'interacting with reality' and 'taking reality seriously' and 'taking reality playfully' and 'being in reality'. For creativity, you need lots of knowledge from various places. Find analogies. Find an analogy between a word and a building, remember that a scene from a comic looks like a scene from a manuscript, hack (in the proper sense) a site to post something to someone even though it shouldn't be possible, look up an early version of something and bring it up. Basically let our mind wander. In fact, basically, just don't 'meditate' and you should be fine.
>>
File: 1448330683718.jpg (115 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
1448330683718.jpg
115 KB, 800x504
>>24599824
Hold it right there, OP
>>
>>24599860
Thank you. I just would like some good starter ones for good talk, I can always look around discover a hobby or something if you don't have any pointers, thanks in advance.

>>24599880
>Find things in life that excite you personally, and get involved in them
The shit that generally tends to excite me are boring nerd shit that nobody cares about and make horrible conversations, which is why I asked.
>>
>>24599965
Tip: nice results often come from taking things literally. 'What's the deepest thing you've ever heard?' 'Let me check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unexplained_sounds out.' Another thing that religion and 'meditation' disable.
>>
>>24600005
>The shit that generally tends to excite me are boring nerd shit that nobody cares about and make horrible conversations, which is why I asked.

Then you can:
>find the niche of similar people who are into boring nerd shit, and live an exciting life for yourself
or
>adopt, or feign to adopt, new interests to gain the favor of people you may or may not like.
>>
>>24599824
normies are boring and dull too. this isn't the attribute separating you and them
>>
Shit, the obvious hobby site is down.

>>24600053
>>find the niche of similar people who are into boring nerd shit, and live an exciting life for yourself
Much harder in my case, since I've managed to bore even robots out of talking with me within a couple of weeks. You can't hold long lasting conversations purely on video games and shit, I just really hate being boring and no matter how much I'd want to keep up contact, I can't really do much about it because I'd just be getting upset at them finding me dull.
>>
>>24600299
>I've managed to bore even robots out of talking with me within a couple of weeks
You won't bore me anon.
>>
>>24600299
Then that sounds like it's an issue with communication skills, not your lifestyle.
>>
>>24600344
Read that line at least 5 times now, dropped out of I think 3 robot skype groups because I have nothing to contribute to someone else's time they bother spending messaging me beyond "I've played that before," or "I really like this art style" or something.
>>
Just go do random shit niggah. I ran around Walmart on black friday doing the gallon milk challange
>>
>>24599824
Get a tattoo/dyed hair, do random stuff like posting on an anonymous random board XD, and make loud noises and jerky movements.
>>
>>24599965
Aren't you that anti-Buddhist guy with the mental illness?
>>
>>24600445
No I'm just as boring as you.
Drop your email if you like chink cartoons.
>>
File: 1376787929781.png (131 KB, 436x437) Image search: [Google]
1376787929781.png
131 KB, 436x437
>>24600908
I'm pleb as fuck when it comes to mongolian cartoons, but whatever.
[email protected]
>>
File: dalai lama oh u.jpg (81 KB, 675x1024) Image search: [Google]
dalai lama oh u.jpg
81 KB, 675x1024
>>24599965
>this guy again

Literally any thread, we could be talking about which types of read is better for toasts, and you'd shoehorn your Buddhist obsession monologue into it
>>
>>24599824
What this anon said

>>24599860

but more importantly since you're trying to impress other people

>>24600005

the best advice is fuck those fags and surround yourself with people who already share your interests and you enjoy, instead of faking it and doing things you probably won't enjoy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.