[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do normies somehow turn university into some sort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 1431653278428.jpg (137 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
1431653278428.jpg
137 KB, 323x454
How the fuck do normies somehow turn university into some sort of social experience?

>study together (somehow)
>involved in all these pointless clubs that create nothing of value
>heavily involved in department activities yet they don't even give a fuck about their field of study

Fucking normies jesus christ. What drives me nuts is that the people who are most involved in the department are actually the most incompetent students who don't even understand their field of study.
>>
>>24597789
read "return to brave new world" by Aldous Huxley.

he talks about how big business is socializing(ie. feminizing) people to reduce tension from increased population density and urban life.
>>
File: noose.jpg (18 KB, 350x438) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
18 KB, 350x438
>>24597829
You sound like a millennial yuppie faggot.

I've read Aldous Huxley.

>le big business corporations are evil

Kill yourself
>>
University is a social experience though.
>>
>>24597894
No anon university is a place for higher education.
>>
>>24597879
did I trigger a little political piggie? my post contained no value judgements at all, you simply project your ideological "morality" on everything you read.

big business does it because it increase their profits. that's the purpose of a corporation, to make money. at no point does ethics enter the equation.

less tension = more productivity = more profit
>>
>>24598037
Sure man, but that particular aspect has been totally shifted to graduate degrees. Undergrads are the new high school diplomas.
>>
>>24597789
Those normies understand the point of uni today. Networking.
>>
Scholarship is an inherently social practice.
>>
Do you really think meritocracy exists? Even in the circles of autistic academics, it's going to be all about social capital unless you truly are head and shoulders above almost everybody in the field. lol.
>>
>>24598229
even the worst assburger kids can talk business with people. OP isn't talking about working together to solve problems, he's talking about the purely social aspect, which is what attracts normies the most.
>>
>>24598359
He mentions studying together and joining clubs which (depending on the club) are about the sharing of knowledge, which is a social function.
>>
>>24598096
You need to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>24598542
typical reddit failed normie trash can only attack the player never go for the ball.
>>
>>24598289
Of course not

I have no delusions regarding the importance of social capital

I'm just complaining about how normies turn EVERYTHING into a social affair.
>>
>>24598577
Your posts were so childish that they did not warrant an intelligent response. Please refrain from posting until you've been on this planet for a few more years.
>>
>>24598641
Your post was actual whining. How was my rational explanation more childish than your temper tantrum?
>>
>>24598617
Everything humans do has a social element.
>>
>>24597789
I just want one friend to talk about weebshit with.
Shame the anime club is so fucking trash.
>>
>>24598991
>first day of the semester
>walking to the orientation meeting
>see a bunch of skinny kids with scene hair, black skinny jeans, and wallet chains
>one of them is holding up a piece of paper with 'Anime Club' scrawled on it
I thought anime clubs were just a meme
>>
>>24598641
>>24597879
>>24597789

Surprise, surprise. OP is a colossal faggot who gets triggered by anything outside his safe spaces, and can't provide an actual counterargument beyond smug dismissal.
>>
>>24598144
It's surprising how true this is. Undergraduate is basically the new high school diploma. Postgraduate studies is where the new academic norm is.
>>
>>24598407
>which (depending on the club) are about the sharing of knowledge
Jesus Christ, are you deluded.
Go to the society associated with the field and attempt to talk about the field in question. You'll be laughed out. They're basically drinking clubs now.
>>
>>24599236
That's entirely dependent on the school and club. If you don't get to a community college then there are guaranteed to be some intellectual clubs.
>>
>>24599236
It's true. I joined the math society during my undergrad. A majority of the people seemed to hate anything math related that wasn't unfunny memes and puns.
>>
>>24599092
w-whats wrong with wallet chains
>>
>>24599561
what if I have just one chain that I cram in my pocket when going on holiday so I dont get pickpocketed?
>>
>>24599597
Why not just keep your wallet in the side pocket? Unless you have zero situational awareness nobody is going to be able to slip it out without you seeing them in your peripheral vision, or at the very least you'll feel it on you thigh.
>>
>>24599683
I went to an island with a high chance of syrian migrants

it was just for safety
>>
>>24599384
Fucking this. Anything science related is basically "Lol, I'm doin' science xD I'm such a nerd xD" and then the conversation dries up.
Also, a ridiculous fascination with fucking cake. Cake is always brought up. "Lol here's a really booooooooooooring public lecture (which, by the way, we're only advertising because we view it purely as a career furthering activity), but guess what - FREE CAEK :DDDD!!!1!". Cake, always with the fucking cake, I fucking hate it when anyone even says the word now.
>>
>>24597829
I have that book to the very left of me.

Its pretty good.
>>
>>24599770
I know exactly what you mean anon

Literally every single university society is more or less like this.
>>
a passing grade is 35% E in my undergrad uni here in norway
radiography technologist in hospital bachelors degree
i got A on my exam tho
>>
"Lol I hate doing all these readings. This topic sucks. We should totally do karaoke for the Christmas party!" -lead representative for graduate students in the department

>people see nothing wrong with this

FUCKING NORMIES
>>
>>24599961
It's weird just how anti-academic a lot of people in unis are now. Its not like school where you're forced to be there you niggers.
>>
>>24599961
Always, always women too. And the fucking galling thing is they get praised for it - "She's getting involved in the community - what an active member!" And then she ends up failing her viva and these dim witted supervisors and PR fucknuggets wonder why.
>>
>>24600014
It boggles my fucking mind anon
>>
>>24600014
It makes no sense. In undergraduates is barely tolerable, but considering a BSc or BA is effectively a requirement for the most menial of jobs, it's understandable the net would bring in idiots. In postgraduates, however, it's frankly offensive and should be grounds for dismissal. As a postgraduate, you're there to actually further knowledge - denigrating your own fucking field is tantamount to spending your entire time pissing up a wall.
>>
>>24600083
I think these people just have absolutely no idea what to do with themselves, they simply don't want their college youth to end.
>>
>>24599961

Normies are very impressionable. Its probable that most of the people who say this stuff are paying lip service to what students are supposed to think. In a few years, when the trend flips, it'll be edgy to talk about how committed you are, like in the 60s, and instead of WEED LMAO faggots stressing themselves to tears when exams roll up, it'll be tedious, right-on Gutmensch who don't even know the big names in their field are and only come to fuck.

The big error is thinking that its not like school. It is. There are fads, people are judgemental and posturing is very important - almost as important as acting like you never do it. They are barely out of childhood, of course they need to be taught.
>>
Please respond

originall
>>
>>24598229

That drawing depicts Christians and Jews arguing over Scripture.

There are so many points of contention between how the Christians and the Jews interpret the Bible.

For example, Christians who accept the Book of Esther as Biblical canon say Mordecai was Ester's adopted daughter.

The Jews say she was his wife.

Both agree that she was also his cousin, though.
>>
File: Strike.gif (44 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Strike.gif
44 KB, 300x200
>>24602846

>Mordecai was Ester's adopted daughter.

Oops.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.