[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has been really bothering me and I have nobody to tell this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: world of warcraft.jpg (595 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
world of warcraft.jpg
595 KB, 1280x960
This has been really bothering me and I have nobody to tell this to but you, r9k. Greentext because you guys like that so much:

>Friendless robot, no life obviously
>Tries a new MMORPG
>Picks a girl character and pretend to be a girl for the added attention/help from others/general niceness/etc
>Play with another girl, we're having fun and she invites me to her clan
>I pretend I'm somewhat of a normie (true normie girls don't play MMORPGS) who goes out to party every week. I log off or change status to invisible on friday and saturday nights.
>Playing with members of the clan almost daily, having a total blast, it's like I actually have friends
>They invite me over to their voice chat. I do have a microphone, but obviously cannot use it. Since it does show up in the voice chat client I claim it is broken. In reality I tried to mute the volume and tape it off with several layers of tape.
>All the girls in the clan are girls IRL. I feel very awkward at this point.
>Have dreams that I'm sitting in a room with my clan mates and they can all see I'm guy.
>Eventually, they start exchanging facebook info.
>Realize I can either make a fake facebook account which they will probably find out is fake soon enough, or pretend I don't have facebook which contradicts my lifestyle.
>Instead I tell them I gtg and will be back on later. I log out and never log in again since friend lists and clans are shared across all characters on your account.
>3 years later
>I log in, clan was either disbanded or I got kicked from it
>Nearly all friends removed me from their friend list
>Feel like I lost true friends. Get depressed. Sulk around a bit in the game to get some good memories back.
>One of the two friends still on my list logs in
>Consider telling her the truth or logging out ASAP before she notices I'm online
>Log out

more in next post
>>
>>24595565
This is going to be good. Also what game?
>>
File: pepe_disappointed.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe_disappointed.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>Since it does show up in the voice chat client I claim it is broken. In reality I tried to mute the volume and tape it off with several layers of tape.

Why didn't you just unplug it?
>>
>>24595565
>>3 years later
Three years man. Three years.
>>
>>24595690
Could be built in laptop mic
>>
she prolly doesn't even remember who you are tbqh

>"Hi do you remember me from 3 years ago?"
>"ughhh name might be kind of familiar idk sorry"
>>
>>24595565

>Afraid of logging in again
>Afraid of playing another MMORPG in fear of the same thing happening again

I feel like I was punished for lying. I'm not sure what to do now. I can get over the money and time I spent on that account, but it's that I feel uneasy playing MMORPGs now. I can't pretend to be a girl again in fear of the same thing happening. I can play as a girl character and admit I'm a guy, but that feels just awkward to me. I can play as a male but I've gotten so used to playing as a girl that I'm not sure if I can really enjoy MMOs that way. You do get better treatment which I got too used to, plus I spent many hours gathering equipment to dress up my character which just isn't as fun to do with male characters.
I also wonder if I should go back to the old game and send the girl a PM explaining everything. I'm not planning on playing on that account anymore though. Just thinking that this will bring me some relief. I feel like I've lied to and betrayed my best friends. Never thought I would end up like this.

>>24595611
Not comfortable in telling, sorry. Want to stay as anonymous as possible.
>>24595690
I couldn't, it was built into my monitor.
>>
>>24595803
Three years tho? Seriously? Did you really expect anyone to still be around?
>>
>>24595781
You're probably right. I'm getting emotional because these people are the closest I've had to friends in a really long time, but I was "just another girl" to them. Still, we did many things together, we used our real life names for things, I spent months in that guild, over half a year for sure. I'm sure she would have some kind of an idea of who I was.
>>
>>24595803
A lot of people that play MMOs including myself don't fall for your shit. "It's a guy until she speaks on the mic" is the golden rule. Just be a loser beta bitch with hairy balls irl like the rest of us guys playing MMOs
>>
>>24595875
In other MMOs that I played I sometimes had a "creeper" following me. I would get rid of that guy by not logging in for 2 weeks or so because by then their attention has shifted. Several months after I logged off I logged back in, thinking people had kicked me and forgotten about me, but they didn't. I was still in the clan and people still had me in my friend list. I figured three years would be enough for a fresh start, that is until that girl logged in. I was as baffled as you.

>>24595900
The people who don't believe me don't matter, it's the ones that do who matter. And trust me, there are enough of those. I also wasn't the only "girl" who didn't speak on voice chat, but the ones who didn't, did give out their facebook. So they weren't faking it.
>>
File: 1441575822820.jpg (150 KB, 645x926) Image search: [Google]
1441575822820.jpg
150 KB, 645x926
>>24595995
>The people who don't believe me don't matter, it's the ones that do who matter.

you're building a friendship on a massive lie, I'm not judging but that seems very delusional
>>
>>24595995
>I was as baffled as you.
Oh, OK.

Well, personally I might try admitting the truth, you never know, you might still end up with a friend.

Assuming you can handle the opposite reaction too...
>>
>>24596077
Friendships based on massive lies > No friendships.
>>
>>24596077
I found out the hard way.

>>24596102
I'm not even sure what to say

>Hi this is anon, remember me from three years ago? Well, I lied about being a girl because I liked getting attention and wearing frilly tutus. I didn't log on because you guys almost found out I'm a pathetic nerd who lives in his mom's basement. So, still want to remain friends?
>>
>>24596251
Sounds like you got it all figure out anon, say that
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.