[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.techspot.com/news/62932 -new-startup-aims-tra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1446026964414.jpg (52 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1446026964414.jpg
52 KB, 600x338
>http://www.techspot.com/news/62932-new-startup-aims-transfer-people-consciousness-artificial-bodies.html

WE CAN NOW BE OFFICIALLY CALLED "ROBOTS", LITERALLY.
>>
shameless bump cause i want /robot/ to see this
>>
>>24594789
>le transfer meme
>plans to kill people, slice up their brains and then copy some percentage of their memories/brain structure
>in the ideal scenario this would create a wholly new consciousness that's identical to what the now dead original was like
>immortality
>>
>living forever
Christ that sounds horrifying
>>
>>24594789
Can you actually "transfer" your MIND into a robot and leaving your body an empty shell or is just scanning your mind and making a copy into the machine like the game SOMA?
>>
I'll wait for actual technologies and not shitty indie tech startups from Kikestarter, thanks.

>the company seems to be relying on a lot of scientific breakthroughs made made in the near future
Haha literally a scam just like that one company that freezes your body

>Bocanegra, meanwhile, doesn't come from a scientific background. He describes himself as "a serial entrepreneur, technology visionary and internet marketer" on his website.
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
I would only do something like this as a last resort on my death bed.
>>
>>24594977
Sup motherfucker. We're all autistic here. So my question is do most of you think this way? Like you get copied but the real you dies and the clone just thinks it's you. Like if they teleport you, would you die in the process and become one of said clones
>>
le futurology kikestarter
>>
>>24595602
All of those are just copies of you. That's exactly how teleportation works

I can see a brain-in-a-jar situation by 2100. The body dies or becomes super fucking old, they transfer the brain into a machine that keeps the brain "alive". Attach some forms of input and output to it. The "jars" could get really complex and look like human bodies; i.e. Ghost In the Shell complete cyborgs.

Eventually the brain would fail though. Cell division limitations and all that. Unless the cells can be individually replaced with identically functional nanomachines. In which case once they're completely replaced it's safe to say the person who was originally put into the jar has been long gone and there's just a robot in their place now.

The real master race that is going to travel among the universe isn't us in our fleshy bodies. It's going to be the immortal race of AI we build. We will never be the masters of the universe, but we could build the race that becomes it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.