[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I want nothing but the best >too anxious to try so I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 3spooky5me.jpg (128 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
3spooky5me.jpg
128 KB, 1024x687
>I want nothing but the best
>too anxious to try so I don't do anything

Who's with me?
>>
I was.

I've started trying now.
Be careful, I think your attitude is a failing one, friend.
>>
>>24592403
Want to be a marine scientist
Industry is fucking collapsing
Feels bad m80
>>
>okay with mediocrity
>accept my sad life as it is, for i'm unwilling to put in the effort
>>
>>24592444
Nice trips bruh.

How did you change your attitude?
>>
>>24592403
I just know there's no possible way to achieve my goals. Why play a game you can't win? That's just stupid.
>>
>>24593300
Nice double dubs but why isn't it possible?
>>
>>24593443
Because my goals include things which literally require miracles to occur, like living in a society where humans aren't all shit.
>>
>>24593520
Then it isn't a goal, it's just a dream. Unless you're planning to become world leader or something and change people from the inside out.

Anyway, don't you have other goals? I'm really curious to hear perspectives that are similar to mine. Maybe then I won't feel like such a huge shit.
>>
I am trying but I'm just not good enough. I'm afraid of the world and what few things I've experienced were enough to make me bitter.
>>
>>24593115
I just forced myself to get better habits.

Starting running, been doing it for 6 months and I've lost 30 pounds.
If I've learned anything it's not to expect good things to come instantly or without you trying.

Learn to cultivate small tangible benefits over time.

Sorry if that sounds preachy or dumb but that's what I think.
Think of something small that will make your life better and start doing it everyday, especially if you don't want to.
>>
>>24593844
>Then it isn't a goal, it's just a dream.
No, it was a GOAL. I spent most of my life working towards it. It just took me nearly two decades to figure out it was pointless because humanity was a cancer not worth saving.

>Anyway, don't you have other goals?
What difference would any other goals make if the world is only ever destined to be hell? What matters beyond that?
>>
>>24594114
>two decades
Jesus Christ and here I am wallowing in self-pity because I've been hating my life for the past 5 years.

>What difference would any other goals make
Well, goals don't necessarily have to benefit humans or make them more likable. Anything from being a great painter, musician, gymnast, engineer, etc, can be things you do because you like them and want to be good at them. I'm not asking you to change the composition of the moon, I'm asking about small-scale stuff you do solely for yourself.
>>
>>24595139
I don't enjoy anything anymore. 70%+ of my happiness depends on having a mate and a species I don't want to kill to live as a part of. That's not possible. EVER. Try living with 20% of your body and get back with me about looking on the bright side.
>>
>>24595305
>20% of your body
What?
>>
>>24592403
literally the definition of avoidant personality disorder. Try to just do something. I think almost everyone on here has this to some extent. I think it's the same way for a gf for many.
>>
>>24597603
shit i wrote i think twice that reads like shit
>>
>>24597603
Imagine if you want to be a millionaire but there's no guarantee you can become a millionaire with any amount of work. It's the only thing you want.

"Just doing something" is not gonna make you reach that goal. Unless there's an absolute guarantee that you will, why would you do it? You'll just torture yourself.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.