[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst things to hear in retail. Can you check in the back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 1448365335479.jpg (38 KB, 271x400) Image search: [Google]
1448365335479.jpg
38 KB, 271x400
Worst things to hear in retail.

Can you check in the back?
>>
>Do you have any larger sizes?
>The 3XL is too small :3

Fuck landwhales. I'm technically not allowed to tell them that they're too fat, so I /have/ to say that I'll see what I can do, go back, wait a few minutes, and word a response to the effect of, "We don't have any sizes bigger than that."
>>
>>24589630
I say sure and then go sit in the basement for 15 minutes on my phone and then go tell them no
>>
Do you have relaxed fit pants?

No sir, those have been out of style since 2006.

Do you have bootcut jeans?

No sir, those have always been out of style and make you look like you have hooves.

Whut iz de final prize?

It's 50% off of the 80 dollar price tag, 40 dollars. Learn to read, no this is not a designated pooping store sir.
>>
File: 1448672832603.png (562 KB, 683x642) Image search: [Google]
1448672832603.png
562 KB, 683x642
>>24590921

What's in style if you don't mind me asking?
>>
Item wont scan
>I guess its free then
>>
>Working hard or hardly working?
>You seem lonely!
>Were you waiting for me?
>Uh let me run to my car real quick
>But on the shelf it said _____
>>
>"greet the customers, Anon...NAO!"
>>
>"can i talk to your manager?"
okay listen here bitch you're being a cunt to me and you're gonna be a cunt to him. He won't solve your issue and at the end of the day we will just laugh at you once you leave
>>
>At Tescos yesterday
>Wanted to buy /comfy/ pyjamas
>Go to self checkout
>Has a security tag on it
>Look for the woman to take it off
>Can't see her
>Look for 20 more seconds
>Go to the magnet bit and take it off myself
>Sand nigger woman comes up to me
>"Don't you dare! You'll get me fired if I don't authorise it!"
Fucking come sooner then you cunt
>>
>>24591134
In the us, slim fit or skinny fit.

In europe baggy shit is already coming back.
>>
>>24589630

Best thing to say in retail

No.
>>
The price tag and the computer says it's X price.
>but the sign said X% off
No that's for this other thing
>are you sure? Because that doesn't make sense
... Let me go check
>THANK YOU
It's not X% off sorry.

>Wow everything's so expensive here
As they're buying ten shirts

Bags are 25 cents.
>why would they charge for bags now omg
That's a new city-state policy can't do anything about it
>they're trying to take money from us on everything

When registers are down:
Hello, customer. the registers are down so credit and debit transactions will take a while to go through- is that okay?
>sure!!
2 minutes pass
>WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG???
>>
>>24589630
>Worked in a retail store
>Got asked every single day to look for something in the back "just in case"
>Just told them that as soon as it comes in it's on the shelf

Pro tip: Don't ask someone to look in the back for you. If the person helping you in the store doesn't say they'll look in the back for you if you want a different size/color it means the store sucks donkey dong. Don't give them your business.
>>
>>24591331
Nah, skinnyjeans and slim-fit everything has been prominent the last 5 years, and shows no signs of disappearing
>>
>>24589630
Well it's your job you worthless cunt. As long as you're a minimum wage slave, you're my little bitch who fetches my shit for me.
>>
>>24591471
Not with a lot of designer shit. It will trickle down in the next 10 years.
>>
>>24591518
It wouldn't be like this in a mom and pop. You would have been told to get the fuck out of their store.

The jews did this
>>
My store actually does have a "back" where lots of things are because everything is so horribly mismanaged that the shelves are often empty even if we have the item in stock. I enjoy getting it for people because at least I can do it alone and without them breathing down my neck.
>>
>>24591570
If I tell you to fucking jump, you say how high.
>>
>>24589630
Literally nothing bad about this. You can go in back and dick around and then come back with a concerned look on your face and pretend you looked really hard but the item was out of stock.

I work in a grocery store and do this all the time. When it's a frozen item I put my glasses on a shelf in the walk in freezer, then drink a coffee in the break room, and then grab them on my way back out so they're all fogged up for the customer to see.
>>
>>24591620
Not where I work. I say sawwry and rub my nipples.
>>
>>24589630
Why is that so bad? You just radio the back room team and interrupt their work so you can stand there and stare at a customer and wait for me to bring you the item.
>>
I wonder if I've ever accidentally met a robot working on retail without realizing it.

I've never had any problems at a store so I wouldn't know.

I live in a third world shithole anyways so it's highly unlikely.
>>
>>24591775
I went through a wendys drive thru this morning and the guy was super ugly and fat and I thought to myself that he posts here and is most likely a virgin. I also imagined that he hated me for not being ugly and thought I was a chad.
>>
>>24591856
I think this shit all the time. I'll be waking down the street and see someone who has dead eyes like me and wonder of they come here. It's hard to tell tho.
>>
>>24591926

> looking at people in the eyes

REEEEEEE

>>24591856

> not ugly

ERRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>NO IT IS THIS PRICE YOU ARE WRONG

>BUT I'M NOT BUYING THIS JACK DANIELS FOR MY 16 YEAR OLD SON I FIND THIS VERY OFFENSIVE WHERE IS THE MANAGER

>Aww m8 who cares if I don't have ID I'm 18

Liquor stores bring out the worst in people.
>>
>>24591182
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhbhbbhhh
>>
File: 74366744fa03d0_full.jpg (33 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
74366744fa03d0_full.jpg
33 KB, 500x348
>this item was opened I want a discount
>>
>customer asks something about item, I tell them
>they don't say thank you or dismiss me
>hover next to them for a few seconds, ask if they're all set
>just make some kind of humming noise
>I start to walk away
> they ask another question
DAILY
>>
>"I never received any reward coupons! I bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff, I should have x amount of rewards"
>program isn't run by us because our company a shit
>"Well, madam you can always call in - "
>"This is so upsetting, I'm taking this to corporate!"

>"But I'm buying 300 dollars of stuff, do I get discount?"
>No.
>lol you're not the first and definitely not the last to spend "a big amount" money here
>>
>>24589630
>work at a place that sells building materials
>checking in the back could mean that you need to move 30+ tons of material to get what they want
>>
>>24589630
>Do you like working here?
>>
Just do it you lazy Wagekeks. Why do you all have to be so niggerish at work Jesus Christ
>>
>>24591327
So much this. Why is it ao difficult to look after self service checkouts? They even flash red to let the staff know that a customer needs assistance and they still take thier sweet time. Fuck them.
>>
this whole "can i talk to your manager?" stuff seems like an amerikek meme to me. here where i live i've never witnessed anybody bitching for a manager
>>
File: 101.png (650 KB, 823x683) Image search: [Google]
101.png
650 KB, 823x683
>customer asks an extremely specific thing about one item
>tuts and rolls their eyes when you don't give the answer instantly
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 500x369
>>24589630
I got one for ya

>you're hired!
>>
File: 1448544462010.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1448544462010.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>ITT: whiny wageslave niggers whining about their jobs
Gee niggers if you can't even handle this shitty wageslave job you don't deserve any job at all. Guess why you are being paid faggots? To handle the customers and if you hate it stop bitching and get a janitor job you kucks.
T. Based NEET.
>>
I am working on a temporary contract.

Twice now the manager has called me a liar. I was fucking furious, I was raging so hard I had tears in my eyes and had to head to the toilet before I hooked him in the gabber.

If it happens again - should I just grab my coat and leave?

It annoys me, I'm an incredibly honest person and the abuse from him isn't worth the pay
>>
>>24593056
That's right faggot keep sucking his cock for a dime. You better not do anything or loose your only shitty job.
>>
Worked in retail for four years. Solutions are simple?

>>24589630
>Can you check in the back?
Sure, I appreciate the break. I'll take two minutes to browse my phone, before returning to relay what I previously knew to be true. Good thing you need me to disappear and reappear in order to finally believe me.

>>24591664
This anon knows the deal.

>>24592769
Yeah. It's not bad. Really, one of the easiest jobs in the world. Literally paid to stand around, aside from when there's other work to do, until people need help.

>>24592871
This seems true for me too, and I live in NY. But then all tricks aside, I was a very good employee, successful with virtually all customers and complimented daily. But even with regular colleagues no one asked this shit. If they did, I'd probably just make them out to feel dumb, for being so condescending.
>>
>>24593103
>lol le wagecuk meme xD

so hilarious, so reddit.
>>
>>24592107
>jack daniels
Shit, yeah. I'd say.
>>
>>24591414
your store sounds like it's shit
>>
>>24590863
My store only stocks up to XL. I get to fluster lards frequently.
>>
>>24591279
>not telling them you are the manager and telling them to get out of the store before you call the police
>>
>>24592371
I hate dealing with people like that. I like the ones that come in get what they need pay and then get out. Women are the worst at this.
>>
>>24589630
https://youtu.be/96SrWO5Na54
>>
Nobody fucking cares you pathetic pieces of shit

If you work retail over the age of 18 you will be a complete fucking loser for the rest of your life. I guarantee it.

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>24589630
When they ask for cashback while entering their pin
When they tell you somethings went through twice while entering their pin

Do these people just enjoy being fucking retards
>>
File: 20090215190629.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
20090215190629.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>24589630
>can you call this other store to see if it's in stock?
>I swear I didn't wear this (shirt reeks of curry, thanks Indian Americans for being so fucking cheap)
>Bu-but the tag says it's 4.99
well that's because you ticket swapped you retard, this ralph lauren shirt isn't made by fucking club room.
>I bet it's nice working here, you must get some good deals
Yeah, but it's a dead end job and I want to kill myself, it's real nice.
>Someone left the security tag on my shirt and it ruined my night, now I demand to speak to a manager (and blame you even though you didn't ring me out)
If that's the only shirt you own, then it's valid, otherwise suck it the fuck up.

Fuck retail, I'm probably going to go back to that since it's better than fast food and my 2 year liberal arts degree is about as valuable as a piece of construction paper that some downs kid scribbled on, but the idea of going back to dead end jobs makes me want to just get enough money to buy a gun and shoot myself. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a job decent enough to support a heroin addiction until I OD on a bag that's too potent and then it's kind of a suicide by proxy and I won't feel as guilty about dying and leaving people who care about me behind [don't worry, at best it's my parents (basically the only ones who I know would be affected by it in a major way) and maybe a few friends (who could/would just move on probably in a few months/year.]
>>
I worked at A&P for two years before the company went bankrupt, never had to deal with any hardcore cuntiness. One thing I don't get is the seniors who asked for paper and plastic each time, you could easily reuse that. These people would be in there consecutive days too.

Had a 20 something retarded guy come in every Saturday with his dad and buy pretzels.

Figured that women love if you compliment their accessories, especially purses.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.