[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today is my birthday, I'm 23 years old and this morning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1413806000715.gif (2 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
1413806000715.gif
2 MB, 350x190
Today is my birthday, I'm 23 years old and this morning i realized that in all this years I have accomplished nothing, I dont have a degree, I never had a gf, I never had friends, I never have loved someone or had a crush, I never have got any prize or something to feel proud of myself and I don't have a family.
The only important thing in my life is my cat that is 12 years old and he will die in a few years, because he is too old.
The only thing that I do is go to the college to study something I don't want, because I don't have anything better to do and because is something I should do, at least that's what society tells me.

Does life gets better or life just gets duller after the years pass away?.
>>
It gets duller unfortunately. I took up drinking to make life a bit more interesting
>>
If you're 23, are alone and have never accomplished anything, I imagine you suffer from depression.
>hurr depression isn't an illness, hurrrrrrr
If your depression gets better, your life will get better.
That can be with any job, to be honest.
But having any sort of people in your life to talk to will help as well.
>>
Life won't get better unless you work for it.
>>
>>24590067
>If you're 23, are alone and have never accomplished anything, I imagine you suffer from depression.
Maybe he is just lazy?
>>
>tfw 23 and balding
>>
>>24590100
Its easy to mix up the two. Depression makes you not want to do anything, it makes it hard to even get out of bed. Many will see that as laziness, but the difference between someone who is lazy and someone who is depressed is that the lazy person is making a willing decision to avoid work, while a depressed person is feels as if they are too worthless to work. Atleast, thats how I think it is.
>>
>>24590067
>If your depression gets better
Big IF. I dont actually think you can rid depression completely, it's like genetic thing. Ofcourse you can make it milder but it still be there. We lost lottery not being born into rich family or not being Chad naturally. Instead we got depression.
>>
>>24590082

>just work bro
>>
>>24590150
Depressed person would love to work more than anything in their life.
But they can't.
If I ever come out of this mess I will be thr most resilient automated success machine I've ever seen.
>>
>>24590266
Literally no other way to get a better life. You're going to have to work for it
>>
File: p-198-6554.jpg (72 KB, 318x480) Image search: [Google]
p-198-6554.jpg
72 KB, 318x480
Do you have a hobby or a craft or something? Life gets duller but if there's something that you can immerse yourself in and get validation from others once in a while you can have something that keeps you going. I write in obscurity but got into a conversation with a stranger a few weeks ago that made me feel people would really care about my latest project (pic related). I get validation at work every week but hate what I do. That one piece of validation from a stranger means more to me than all the validation I've ever gotten in my career.

You'll need the degree to feed yourself and your cute af neko, but hold on to something.

Drinking also helps.
>>
>>24590120
>21 and already bald
>>
>>24590266
Do you think that just sitting around is going to make it better? If you want a degree apply for schools. Want a girlfriend be more out going.
>>
>>24590315
Lol, i have like zero hobbies or activities which are interesting to me. Other things might be interesting to start but i hate human contact, it reminds how much wreck i'm. Robot who observes normies.
>>
>>24590472
>i have like zero hobbies or activities which are interesting to me
Same here, very common problem with 0 solutions in sight. Help!
>>
>>24590472
Do you have values that might lead to a craft or profession or hobby? What do you find important in life? What kind of impact do you want to leave?
>>
>>24590675
I'm maybe artistic but it's mainly because i've liked to draw in childhood. With people i'm not much like personality but like human mirror - if people are talking with me, i'm talking with them and if they are ignoring me i'm ignoring them. I dont find anything important in life because i dont have hope. It's anime or manga where at any given moment you can find a person who changes your life. In my current state i will leave zero impact, just statistical data. The funny thing is that i'm not looking for negative points on purpose but i'm looking at real life probability.
>>
>>24590618
You're going to have to try a bunch of things
>>
You don't need to find your own value in accomplishments. You don't need to be like others. You don't need to make yourself a "normie". Everyone is different. The value in life is being able to enjoy it. You don't even need to have an impact in life. Treat work as something that gives you the resources to live. If you don't like being around others, don't force yourself. Find value in the simple things. Being able to eat, listen to music, even shitpost on r9k. Whatever you want.
>>
File: IMG_1879.jpg (486 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1879.jpg
486 KB, 3264x2448
>>24590472
>>24590618

I was similar. Funny thing is stuff like writing, games both table and screen, cooking, tend to attract other wrecks too. Not always, but normies are everywhere. It's like slowly becoming immune to poison by getting little doses of it, but you can tolerate them eventually.

Other good news from the other side of 30: Life dulls but so does depression and misplaced sexual energy. Instead of just pretending to not care (which has never worked ever) you can actually genuinely not care about stupid bullshit. You can't do it right now AND THAT'S FINE, thousands of robots have survived the same ordeal.

I stopped writing for fun for six years before I picked it up again. Who knows what you may think of in the coming years. Also your cat is depending on you, fellow robot. Don't let him down.
>>
>>24590795
Tbh m8, sounds like you're going through a quarter life crises.
>>
Happy birthday m8.
This part here just cause the robot but you can read this to if you want
>>
>>24590855
How you define quarter life crisis?
>>24590835
I wish that'd be true but in my case even if i'm being NEET there's something deep down which eats me. I feel like i can do much more but i'm too weak for it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.