[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots currently serving in the army? What is it like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: soldier.jpg (322 KB, 2000x1399) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
322 KB, 2000x1399
Any robots currently serving in the army?
What is it like to enlist?

It seems like a good option for someone who wants to start over. You get some income, you can retire at an early age, you get to do boring shit but also interesting, non-wagekek stuff, and you get to travel sometimes.

Also, Chad doesn't join the army, so the environment will probably not be that bad.
>>
>>24587859
>Chad doesn't join the army

kek
>be me 7 years ago
>join the army
>it's full of chads
>become a chad myself

Do it desu senpai
>>
>>24587859
the guy in this photo was only 20 when it was taken
>>
>>24587883
Army is 80% cyborgs
>>
>>24587902
US army, maybe. Plebs.
>>
>>24587890
He only looks 20, what's your point
>>
File: 4r9a54.gif~c200.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
4r9a54.gif~c200.gif
1 MB, 200x200
went to the recruiter
gave him my information
he never contacted me
I never went back
>>
>>24587909
Any army, chad doesn't leave girls behind to go to war unless he's some sort of super alpha male who thrives in combat or has some sort of family tradition.
>>
>>24587915
not really, i'm 21 and he looks at least a decade older than me, but then i am a nancy boy
>>
>>24587933
I don't know how this meme started, but it's definitely wrong. Maybe non-combat units are full of cyborgs, I fail to see why anybody would join them though.
>>
>>24587933
Chad always does dumbass, like you have ever left the house long enough to know any, fucking idiot
>>
File: 1427329670328.jpg (64 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1427329670328.jpg
64 KB, 499x499
>>24587859
Recruit training is very tough. There's a lot of things to learn and get used to besides the physical strain. It's true that you don't really get chads in the army, at least the douchebag quaterback jock dudebro snapback type. To make it in the army you need to have a bit of character strength. You think some jersey shore bro would ever last out marching with a full pack in the spilling rain for 3 days? The environment isn't too bad because unlike highschool where chads were top of the social food chain, in the army all recruits are equally shit on and due to the rank structure chad can't increase his social standing without gaining militaty rank.
>>
>It seems like a good option for someone who wants to start over
How so?

>You get some income, you can retire at an early age
No and no. You won't be compensated nearly enough for your service. If you're going at this from a financial perspective, you're better off working minimum-wage jobs.

>you get to do boring shit but also interesting, non-wagekek stuff
Like what? Boot camp isn't an amusement park ride. At no point is the military going to be concerned about your boredom.

>and you get to travel sometimes
Yeah, to third-world shitholes where the population doesn't even want you there. Aside from putting up with the locals jeering and throwing shit at you, you also have to hope you aren't infected with some deadly strain of bacteria that thrives in the third-world cesspool you'll be living in.
>>
I'm a day 1 /r9k/ user who joined the Marines(infantry) when I graduated HS in 2009. I did 4 years and two tours on the frontlines of Helmand province. Since I got out of the Marines in 2013 I have been working summers in Alaska making a good chunk of money, and then NEETing for the other 8 months of the year. Ask me whatever you want to know.
>>
I spent 4 years in the Australian army, one tour in Uruzgan. Made bulk coin and spent the next three years travelling the world and fucking bitches, now I'm studying in uni and living off government handouts and my savings.

Life's not bad.
>>
>>24588137
>I did 4 years and two tours on the frontlines of Helmand province
How many kebabs did you slay?
>>
>>24588137
How long do you think the marines will delay the gender desegregation of combat arms? I wanna do cool shit but I don't want to rely on women because they're not strong enough.
>>
>>24587859
I'm planning on enlisting once I'm out of med school
>>Implying medical corp really counts as being in the army
>>I just want to join the 1st Surgical Parachute Team. Maybe life won't feel empty then.
>>
File: DSCN1547.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1547.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>24588176

5 that I am absolutely sure that I inflicted the killing wound. I shot countless more but usually they had already been shot a couple times by other people or were shot simultaneously by other people so I dont consider them to be mine. My first kill I blew up this guy's machine gun emplacement with a SMAW rocket. This all happened during my first deployment in 2010. My second deployment in 2012 sucked, we only got shot at twice in 7 months.
>>
>there are actual people who enlist in the army because of ''muh country'' and not the money
>>
>>24588296
There literally aren't. Absolutely nobody joins the army for selfless reasons.
>>
>>24588174
Can't get more normie then this. Why the fuck are you here
>>
>>24588283
Woah, thats pretty radical. RIP in peace kebab :(
>>
>>24588233
The infantry/recon/MARSOC won't be integrated. Not sure about other combat arms MOSs but the Marines dont fuck around when people can't hack it, and no female will be able to in those three specialties.
>>
>>24588325
Self esteem boost desu
>>
>>24588098
>no and no. You're better off working a minimum wage job.
If you look at gross income then yes, he will be. But you get free food and housing, which means that you'd have much more disposible income through the military.

It's true it's mainly boring wagekuk work.

I don't know the army bases, but the airforce has a ton of bases in the US, and a couple more in Asia(korea and japan), europe, and the Middle East. Not exactly shitholes that will give you a third world disease
>>
What is the army like? I'm not american but I suppose it's more or less the same thing in all developed NATO countries.

Do you have to be an extroverted social butterfly? I'm not completely autistic but I'm introverted and I feel uncomfortable with smalltalk and unnecessary social shit.

How old is too old to enlist? I'll be graduating from college next year, I'm 20 years old.
How long do people generally stay in the army and how many actually pursue a career in the armed forces?

What options do I have if I'm not a patriot at all? I don't "hate" my country or anything but I don't feel concerned by the nation's interest at all. If I had the choice I'd probably enlist in the UK or US army - I really don't have a shred of nationalism.
I'm only in because I would kill myself if I had to work a 9-5 desk job and I want to travel and do physical work.
>>
>>24588527
Nobody?

bloxfuck
>>
>>24588137
Currently in navy, trying to see what kind of work I can get once I keave. What work do you do up in Alaska?
>>
>>24588040
My only friend was an army cyborg. Sad guy, always sad. Spent all his money in a camaro. Still sad. Saw combat. Still sad. Told me everyone there was lost and just looking for something worth while.
>>
>>24587859
Do yourself a favor and become an Officer.
>tfw in the army
>tfw not doing stupid "Joe" shit
>muh BAH + Tricare
>rake in foreign bitches
>>
>>24589407
I'm not American so I don't know if there are the same benefits. Either way, I don't want to have a managerial position, I think I'd be better off if I enlisted.
>>
Marinebro if you're still here, could you try answering >>24588527?
>>
>>24587859
Sorry, I may be a worthless, over the hill near-NEET with zero prospect of every finding happiness or accomplishing anything in life, but I haven't sunk THAT low yet.
>>
How hard is it to join a PMC once you're done with the army? What are their requirements?
>>
>>24591240
If you have to ask this stuff, you should not join a PMC
>>
>>24591529
I'm not even enlisted yet. I recently got interested in the military, so I think my question's legitimate.
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>24587859
Is this b8? That is not a pic of a soldier; that's a pic of a Marine. Soldier = Army. Marine = Marine Corps.

t. Marine
>>
>>24591548
im guessing that it must be difficult, they mainly recruit special forces guys.
>>
>>24592015
How difficult is it to make it to a country's special forces coming from regular infantry?
>>
>>24587859

OK Fw. Anon here (Fw=S.Sgt) right now my time serving is super chill, after basic which was a bitch, I was send to a civil university to study Pharm additional to Food Chemistry, still got my 3 years to go.
Even could study a year in the States which was cool
Anyways I don't get my semester holidays off and have to travel back to my base for exercise and training with the troops.
But I guess that's the price you pay for getting paid to study. And probably signing for 17 years.

After my studies i'm being promoted to a position aquivalent to Captain and am being send to my first 6 months abroad mission which will probably be to fight ISIS.

I enlisted for Officers training which had a 3 days trial consisting of tests, essays, sports, and interviews.
The environment is not bad at least in the position I am with the enlisted ranks, can't talk of Officers, yet.
>>
>>24592823
What country are you from if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>24592840
Germoney
>>
Both of my siblings went into it.
>sister went into Reserves
>struggled in training (my family has shit genes for athleticism)
>they tried to jew her on some money (they always do)
>she served for a full contract, went across the planet a lot
>got most of her education paid for
>has trouble finding decent work, though she took Psychology as her degree, and didn't even get her MS in that (she's ADHD and didn't do her thesis)

>brother went into military
>served some time doing really smart network stuff in MidEast
>turns out he inherited my mothers shit joints
>no cartilage on knees when running
>had two discs replaced
>wasn't even 30
>is now out on permanent disability with his wife and son
>>
>>24588098
>Yeah, to third-world shitholes
I live in South Korea for nearly 4 years because of the Army, shit was cash

the internet is so fast and cheap
so are the girls, hahaha (just wear a condom)
>>
>>24593043
Is the US army the only one with bases all over the world like that?
>>
>>24593072
no, there's Air Force, Navy, and Marine bases everywhere too

it's just that the Army is the largest, and has the most- it's a bit of a double-edged sword, because there are some really shitty Army ones too
>>
>>24593125
No, I mean the US as a country. Are there other countries with bases all over the world?

I want to enlist mainly because of the traveling aspect, I just want to move around a lot
>>
>>24593151
eh, not really

you have to understand the US really is the "world police"

we've done some joint training with other country's armed forces, so you might be able to travel a bit like that- otherwise the only travelling you'll be doing in another country's military will most likely just be deployment.
>>
>>24592547
pretty hard i'd think, i know the seals and a lot of the special warfare guys are officers so you need a degree plus pass their training
ranger school i think is open to "everyone" enlisted, i think you had to have done jump school though
>>
>>24593151
France and Britain have a few bases around the world, but nowhere near as many as the US
>>
>>24593478
You don't need to be an officer for Special Forces, Rangers, Delta Force, MARSOC, etc
>>
>>24593478
>>24593514
What benefits does being an officer give you over enlisting?
Don't officers just push papers and give orders most of the time while enlisted soldiers actually do physical work and receive better training? Why would special ops recruit among officers?
>>
>>24593514
oh yeah figures i guess they just recruit from both and just got mixed up since the navy does have this "special warfare officer" program
>>24593544
im applying as an officer since they do get paid more than enlisted and since you have a degree, why not put it to use. i suppose someones gotta lead the enlisted in the spec ops
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.