[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /pirate's life for you/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: assassins_creed_iv_black_flag_02.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
assassins_creed_iv_black_flag_02.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
Can't wait to play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Ordered it yesterday. Just going to sail around a lot.
>>
>>24584147
Prepare for disappointment.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>24584147
Hi diddly Dee, a pirate's life for me
>>
>>24584147

Best game ever. Played it twice. Even bought rum in the store and made drinks with it. Listened to audiobooks such as "Treasure Island" sometimes while just sailing around and collecting stuff in "Black Flag."

Enjoy, Anon!
>>
File: 7458704.jpg (88 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
7458704.jpg
88 KB, 640x360
>>24584169
How much disappointment? I don't even care about the fighting, I just want to sail.
>>
>>24584183
Fuck, sounds like a good idea. Never read that yet, but I'm going to.
I already read Moby Dick and Robinson Crusoe and another anon told me about The Hornblower novels.
Is there a free audio book of Treasure Island? I know it can be read online for free
>>
>>24584244
Ok, just found it on librivox
>>
File: RavensCry1.jpg (531 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RavensCry1.jpg
531 KB, 1920x1080
BE BRAVE SONS OF BITCHES
>>
fuck are there any comfy Pirate games out there? I have the overwhelming urge to sail the seven seas, command my crew, raid villages, steal etc
>>
>>24585819
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
>>
>>24584147
>>24584200

Yeah I actually played and beat it a few months ago. Only Assassin's Creed game I've ever played, I just got it for pirate ship battles.

I was not disappointed until the end, the ship becomes kind of useless in the end.

I want a pirate game where being a pirate/privateer/buccaneer is the main focus.
>>
>>24584147
honestly a great game, i enjoyed it alot

unfortunately i cant enjoy games anymore but black flag was definately the best Assassins creed
>>
>>24584147
>ubisoft
>>
AC rogue, is it good or better than black flag?
>>
I fucking loved it, only AC game which was fun enough for me to get every single collectible
And anon, get the pistol swords, best swords in game imo
>>
>Buy 2 used, get 2 free sale
>Buy GTAV and AC Rogue
>Get Far Cry 4 and Watch_Dogs free

How'd I do?
>>
The best assassin creed game is the second. I have black flag but got bored with it. IDK, maybe most games just bore me nowadays though. What I don't like about Black flag is that there is so much going on your screen that you can't take in the beautiful scenery. My eyes hurt just looking at my surroundings ,because you have quest markers everywhere and always rushing to the next objective and always looking at your mini map, everything is so clustered that idk it's just hard to get immersed in these types of games.
>>
>>24585980
I've played both and rogue has very similar gameplay. It might not be what you're looking for because the ship you own is equipped with a more modern crew and weapons.
>>
>>24586306
Watch dogs is bad.

GTAV is amazingly awesome game. I played it for ps3, so I never got to experience the 1st person view mechanic implemented on PC and new gen consoles. It seems that it makes the game ten times more immersed. Good choice on game , my fav game to come out recently because it's actually fun.

Far Cry 4, huge disappointment. I love Far Cry 3, but Far Cry 4 falls short. The environment is boring and not as diverse as in 3. The story is also shit because you don't really care about the conflict going on, and the game forces you to choose between to shit sides of the faction. One is basically that feminist Anita S.. The game should have allowed you to side the whole game as your step dad or dad Ping. I just didn't get immersed into the game like I did 3. I suggest if you didn't play Far Cry 3 , get that instead.

Never played Rogue, but not a fan of most AC games.
>>
>>24584169
Pretty much this. After about a week of playing, it got repetitive as fuck. I wish the crew would shut the fuck up forever. Also yeah, every mission feels like the same shit just like the previous games. The ship combat is fun as fuck, at first, but quickly gets ruined by the constant shouting of "FIYAH!". Should've just been released as, "FIRE! The Game: FIRE! FIRE! Edition". A lot of the islands are pretty boring to look at as you pass by them.
>>
>>24585819
Sid Meier's Pirates! is bretty gutt.
>>
>>24585942
Have you played Sid Meier's Pirates?
>>
My mom offered to buy me video games for Christmas but I said no because I don't wanna be like the turbonorm console gamers.
>>
Pirates of the Caribbean with the New Horizons mod is pretty nice, OP. You don't need a super powerful computer to play it, either.
>>
I like skyrim
>>
>>24584147
>ordered it

you realize its 5 euro's on steam right now right?
>>
How's the WiiU version?
>>
>>24586306
play watch dogs just for the hack multiplayer mechanic, dont listen to all these other fags, its an alright game. its worthwhile just for the online hacking like i said, while you play some random player can invade your game and it becomes hide and seek its great fun
>>
i can see why people say it gets boring, but fuck that, i never got bored of the naval battles in that game, they're fun as hell especially when you get towards the end game and start taking on like 4 man o wars at once
>>
>>24584147
Sounds like something eggman would do
>>
It's definitely one of the better AC games, and the last good one. Everything that came after is shit.
>>
Seriously, this game is really enjoyable to play. Sailing around, listening to pirate songs, sound of waves crashing and your crew working. Hunting whale and sharks, taking over ships for their items. When you upgrade the ship its a fucking beast of a ship. Have fun anon!
>>
>>24587157
Honestly not that bad of a choice if you have the flying pirate ship mod installed. Maybe some extra pirate paraphernalia mods for good measure, and you've got yourself a solid, comfy pirate game.
>>
>he paid for a pirate game
jesus christ, are you just not into roleplaying?
>>
>>24588663
Well?

Is it worth getting? It's the only option I have for playing it.
>>
>>24584200
Try Naval Action. It's in beta, but they've started adding the open world component to the game. You can play as a pirate too.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.