[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like to own a Dog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 4563456.jpg (40 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
4563456.jpg
40 KB, 500x412
Do you find it good?
>>
>>24582384
cue dog gore
>>
My dog is my only remaining source of joy in life.
>>
>>24582384
I have a big dog so its some responsibility but overall id say fairly enjoyable theyre cute and stuff
>>
It gets old really fast
>>
It's the only sex I get.
>>
>>24582410
OP here. Pls no.
>>
File: 1448689194583s.jpg (6 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
1448689194583s.jpg
6 KB, 250x224
>>24582384
Cue people butthurt about animal gore.
>Cue newfags.

Also dogs pretty much are a drain on resources these days. Cats are far less inferior.
>>
I used to have a doggo - you need a lot of time to devote to them and it's a long-term responsibility, so I'm not sure true robots are cut out for dog ownership. Also you may have to have him euthanised one day and it's pretty hard to deliberately kill your dog bro.

That said I really miss the doggo bros and would like to look after one again, snag is I'm a full time wage slave at the moment, and until I find a way to ditch that lifestyle and devote the time to a doggo, it's not feasible to look after one.
>>
>>24582529
>these days
Cue the retarded theory about "modern pet slavery" or some other liberal vegan bullshit disguised as edgy b shit
>>
>guaranteed replies
faggot
>>
>>24582590
They are near completely statistically worthless. Only in rural areas might they have some purpose. Which is quickly being replaced by factories and robots.

It isn't bad to waste resources on a worthless animal, just finally fucking admit it.

>inb4 muh home security.

>Just get an alarm and a gun. Cheaper in the long run.
>>
File: 1448011524841.jpg (111 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1448011524841.jpg
111 KB, 480x480
>>24582627
I'm waiting for an actual argument, reddit
>>
>>24582710
That was an actual argument.

They need medical,food,toys,time,grooming, and babysitter if you are ever out.

A gun and alarm are cheaper. A cat is cheaper for companionship. A parrot is cheaper and actually talk back. Dogs are statistically worthless. All of their roles are quickly being replaced by robots. They make cheap drug sniffers, that's about it though. They don't catch organized crime though, just niggers who don't know how to hide shit.
>>
>>24582627
>not understanding animal companionship

You view animals as tools, just fucking admit it.
>>
>>24582774
see my other post which includes companionship.
>inb4 I don't like cats
You just have a fucking dog fetish, admit it.
>>24582764
>>
>>24582627
>implying i dont enjoy having a companion just for the sake of having one
Yeah financially dogs are worthless if not worse. If it makes me feel better than i dont care really.
By the same logic we should never do anything fun like vidya because there is no actual advantages.
>>
>>24582800
There are advantages. Its just some vidya is cheaper and provides the same advantages as the other.
see
>>24582797
>>
>>24582529
What is pepe doing here?
>>
>dog hater can't make an argument
>can't even see that he isn't making an argument
O i am laffin

>b-but i said dogs don't have worth in the sense that they are farm equipment in cities so that means no one should own a dog
LOL OK
>>
>>24582970
Can't read the argument that in all of their fields of expertise they have become useless.

Thinks muh feels = a counter argument
>Hint: muh feels =/= a counter argument
>>
File: 1447056124523.png (67 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1447056124523.png
67 KB, 616x596
>>24583031
It does when the point of a pet is not farm equipment but wanting to own a dog?
>>
>>24582854
Playing fetch with his beloved dog. As you can see they're both having a great time.
>>
File: 1448681877718s.jpg (10 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1448681877718s.jpg
10 KB, 250x240
>>24583058
So
>muh feels

Sorry that isn't a counter argument.

I said in every field they are useless.
Even as a companion.
If you need something to snuggle up next to you at night you can get a low maintenance cat or a gf.

Dogs are pointless at best
Hazardous or dangerous at worst.

>Keep crying bitch nigga
>>
>>24583101
I I like my dog. My dog is worth something to me.
If i had to chose between you and dog i'd chose my dog because you are worthless to me. See how it works?
>>
>>24583153
Personal economics aren't real economics anon. Your "logic" is egocentric, not based on reality.

Its great that you love you dog. Its still a worthless existence by any applicable form of standardized measure.

>Not muh feels.
>>
File: 35654757474.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
35654757474.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>24583101
>animals are worthless
>unless it's a cat
uh oh you just gave up the game. sorry you lost the thread this way faggot
>>
>>24583197
Its still useless.
It is more economically useless though.
>>
>>24583178
Im a human. Humans have muh feels. If it makes me feel better then idc.
>>
>>24582384
Actually I've had dogs almost my entire life. I've only had like one year or two when I didn't have one.
Training them sucks. If you have a dog before the second one the next ones learn behavior from them so if one does something annoying the second one learns it fast. On the plus side they learn some of the good stuff too. Like you gotta reward them super fast when they do a behavior you like.
Day to day, it's like they need the basics it eats up time to feed and water them. It's cool they want to hang around with you it's like a good buddy. They want to eat whatever you eat but they have preferences in food like both my dogs will beg for apples one loses interest as soon as he gets it the other just loves the fucking things and will eat as much as it can get.
When they get older and their health goes I watched one dog die of old age and health complications from it it's just fucking horrendous there was nothing I could do to make it more sanitary the thing just lost functions and I had to watch it suffer and die since I joint owned it. It really changed something in me to watch a mammal die that way. I wish I would of just took it into the woods and put it out of its misery. Emotionally I could never put up with taking on another pet because of it. I just can't put into words what it was like with this thing losing it's ability to walk and just shitting and pissing everywhere. It'd get sores from laying on either side from extended periods even moving it around it still happened. I fucking hate myself for watching this suffering it could just piss and lay it in with those bed sore wounds. I watched it for months. I tried reasoning with the person the humane thing to do is just put it down. Then the dumb ass goes and gets another dog does nothing to teach or potty train it all if it is up to me. Fucking too much time and effort I fucking hate having pets. Never again. I wouldn't recommend it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.