[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'4chan City' - AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 4chan city.png (977 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
4chan city.png
977 KB, 1600x1600
I am a leader at 'Redpilgrim', a settlement in the works. We will buy land in the southeast US, get jobs in the surrounding towns, farm our land, and live a quaint happy semi off grid lifestyle.
The kicker about this is that all the people who are joining us are being recruited from boards on 4chan. We have hit /pol/ and talked to some [s4s] namefriends. Our goal is to take salvageable young people (who aren't leftist manchildren) and teach them shit, give them a task in a functioning community.

Now while all of this is not ensured to succeed, much planning has gone into it, and much fun has been had between those of us who have been working on it. /pol/ was convinced we were either a FBI trap, or some scheme to lure people to the woods and 'sell their organs on the deep web'. While we tried to ensure them that wasn't the case, many of the paranoid neo-Nazis refused to remove their tinfoil helmets.

My purpose for coming here is to trial balloon. I would like to see the general response to hearing an idea like this, and I will man this station to answer any questions you have about Redpilgrim.
I am not here to recruit.
I am here to gauge interest in an idea like this, and observe what your board has to say about this. Would you be willing to live innawoods? Would /r9k/ dislike the idea of hard work? Do you plan to escape NEETship?

Ask away, I will be here.
>>
how will you keep out redditors?
self sustaining?
is it going to be like christiania?
how would the leadership work?
>>
>>24580456

>how will you keep out redditors?
Extensive screening before people join, we literally must befriend you. Also enough physical tests to make it feel like bootcamp. Redditors not welcome.

>self sustaining?
That's the goal. Year one will not be self sustaining. It will be a tough year and we will likely fail at many things. We will learn from mistakes and get used to farming, spending money wisely, ect.

>is it going to be like christiania?
Unfamiliar. Link me.

>how would the leadership work?
If it is a small group, leadership won't be an issue. Certain people are simply better leaders naturally, and others respond better to having orders. I am a great leader, but I will not be bossy. The goal is to make this feel less like boring ole life. People will do what they're told when their well being depends on it.
>>
>>24580540
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania
would the people vote on a leader? a parliament of sorts? minorities cool?
would people be able to come and go?
>>
>>24580568

>would the people vote on a leader? a parliament of sorts?
Leadership would only be prioritized once our numbers increased significantly. But in our group channel they speak of having 11 elected officials, some simple but effective system.
I entertain those thoughts, but that's distant to me. I am focused on agriculture and logistics for now. Also, the people whose names are on the deed will hold the most power naturally, whoever literally owns the land.

>minorities cool?
Individual acceptance system. No one would be classified. If you are liked by all of us, you are in. I see no point in discriminating. If you're a 'nignog' we are dealing with you, not all 'nignogs'. Jokes are jokes, but in the end of the day, we would be looking at your qualifications.

>would people be able to come and go?
I see no issue with letting people visit, but it would be no vacation. You would work alongside us. You would not enjoy benefits over people who are devoted.
>>
>>24580428
>Our goal is to take salvageable young people
>salvageable young people
>salvageable
I-I don't think this is the right board OP
>>
>>24580568
I am familiar with Freetown Christiana, I have studied micro-societies for some time.

Here is where we differ:
No degenerate liberal nonsense.
'DUDE WEED LMAO'
No. You have jobs, fucking do them. Then you can sit by the fire, hang out and socialize with the grown ups. Christiana is interesting, but growth is stagnant. It is a degenerate stinkhole.
>>
>>24580696
I-I don't think this is the right board OP
>I am not here to recruit.
>>
>>24580722
>>24580653
what about media and tv/computers/internet/technology? i suppose off the grid is completely off the grid in that sense or like the amish and shakers?
>>
File: very nice.jpg (4 KB, 105x104) Image search: [Google]
very nice.jpg
4 KB, 105x104
>>24580842
>>24580842
We are still 4chan fags. We will be as high tech as we can afford. We are not living like that. All of us will bring our computers, probably watch Netflix community movie nights, use technology to assist us in agriculture, also cars are fucking great. Tech is encouraged.
>>
>>24580842
But we will not be connected to mainstream c u c k media. No cable. Not 'off-grid' but more so on our own grid. We are all into alternate media anyways.

I see where what I said contradicts.
>>
>>24580921
>>24580986
what if you gotta kick someone out? or "jail" them?
would there be some kind of enforcement or mob law like some lord of the flies shit?
would jobs be assigned?
>>
>>24581097

>what if you gotta kick someone out? or "jail" them?
We will talk to the person who breaks a rule, reasonably. Explain what they've done wrong, how it is hurting those around us ect. If they do it again, they've rejected reason. Booted. We will not jail people due to legality.

>would there be some kind of enforcement or mob law like some lord of the flies shit?
As much as I like that idea personally, probably not. If someone did something really bad, I wouldn't stop it though. It is important to know that all members are on the same side. We will also have a shit load of guns.

>would jobs be assigned?
Yes, and you are expected to do them. Your brothers rely on you.
>>
>>24581176
like the giver? thats cool i suppose it'd play off the strengths of the people
would there be a court system? what about waste?
i think it'd be a neat idea, im gonna head to bed though hopefully this thread is up tomorrow since its almost 2am here.
how would it be maintained monetary-wise? like where'd you get money to buy the lands, whatever you need to farm it and maintain it yearly? what about expenses in general like power and utilities?
>>
>>24581313

>would there be a court system?
I would love to develop one.

>what about waste?
Recycling required by law, and we'd take trash to the local waste center.

>i think it'd be a neat idea, im gonna head to bed though hopefully this thread is up tomorrow since its almost 2am here.
Hey, you're in our time zone.

>how would it be maintained monetary-wise? like where'd you get money to buy the lands, whatever you need to farm it and maintain it yearly? what about expenses in general like power and utilities?
Get jobs in the nearby towns, sell what our farm produces. We also considered crowdfunding and have been offered donations.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.