[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to make something creative >see other peoples'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
>want to make something creative
>see other peoples' works
>they're infinitely better than any of my attempts
>give up
>>
Instead of comparing yourself to the bests, compare yourself to the worst. If autistic bronies are able to create their Sonic X Fluttershy crossover Naruto fanfiction and share it with the world, you can write/draw/program whatever you want to do too. Even if you never get an audience, creation is good for the soul and mind.
>>
>>24580129
>see their product of years of practice, finesse, and refinement
>cry because your 1-week doodle is shit
Your problem is perspective.
>>
>>24580129
art isn't a competition bro.
>>
I know that feel but as the Annoying Orange shows, there's room for all sorts of art in this world.
>>
Ya, takes me an hour just to build up the courage to make a post here and when i do i am just not a conversation person and i turn into a tard and everyone gets a response but me. Here is a response for you, for all the times I never got one, I will always be invisible. Lets be mediocre together, bro.
>>
>>24580129
>thought i was good at piano since i've been playing for more than 20 years
>make videos for youtube
>literally millions of other piano youtubers who are better than i am
>why fucking try
>>
File: 1384133053175.png (163 KB, 350x729) Image search: [Google]
1384133053175.png
163 KB, 350x729
>used to draw and shit all the time in HS, love looking at other people's art
>I was FUCKING INVINCIBLE.jpg, kept drawing because I liked it and wanted to do more
>come graduation, my shit started to stagnate
>get depressed, graduated and just stopped drawing
>still love looking at other people's art, and seeing artwork sometimes motivated me to start back up
>blank pages intimidate me
>when I finally get around to marking my shit chicken-scratch, I hate it, trash it and stop for a couple weeks
>been in this cycle for 2 years now, don't really have any other skills because I put all my time into drawing
I just want to enjoy shit again, I don't know what went so wrong.
>>
>>24580278
>want to start a youtube channel and make something cool
>tfw everyone is doing everything and Id just be a shit version of them
>>
>>24580189
It's actually the other way around. Chad barely puts 10 minutes effort into somethibg and it's the mona lisa, while we work for years and it's shit.
>>
>>24580331
>know I have a skill that I could make watchable videos about
>look to see if there are any other videos similar to it
>not that many
>decide to do it
>make a channel
>buy a nice camera and editing software
>film a bunch of videos and edit it together
>never post anything and delete the channel a week later
I don't know what's wrong with me desu.
>>
>>24580204
Why not? There's no point if you're not the best.
>>
>I don't know what practice means
>>
>>24580880
You're just going to have to work hard to become the best. Very hard. 7-8 hours a day
>>
>>24580923
Chad didn't have to practice.
>>
Just do stuff for you. I have pages and pages of poems and shit I write that I never intend to share. It just feels good to express myself and write something down. Yeah, most of it will never be quality, but who cares if no one is going to see it?
>>
>>24580923
>You're just going to have to work hard to become the best
That's not how it works for the best. There's a limit to how hard you can work to overcome talent. No one who is the best is there just because they worked hard. They're there because they have the most talent and the same hard work as everyone else close to their level.
>>
>>24580960
Yes, he did

>>24581038
But how do you know that you're not talented enough the be the best? You haven't practiced enough to judge that.

stop making up excuses and GO PRACTICE
>>
>>24581240
>You haven't practiced enough to judge that
Some people know themselves and their own abilities very, very well. I've tried a lot of things, and I can tell within about a week if I'm going to be really good at it or just mediocre.
>>
>>24581290
Or maybe you just think that you know yourself really well and it's keeping you from reaching your full potential.

Either way, I don't care. You're intrested in art for the wrong reasons anyway.
>>
>>24581398
>Or maybe you just think that you know yourself really well and it's keeping you from reaching your full potential.
No. I know myself. It would take significantly more effort than I'm willing to put in to be better than average. There are other things I do that I start off better than average.

Also, not talking about art. Fuck art. Or, at least fuck visual art. I'm an average musician, and haven't put much work into it because I just do it for myself.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.