[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW the FUCK do I LUCID DREAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
image.png
339 KB, 680x680
HOW the FUCK do I LUCID DREAM
>>
Just lie still and wait for your body to fall asleep while keeping your mental self awake.
>>
>>24578239
I try that every night and it never works :(
>>
get fucked with your sad emoji then
>>
Go to sleep listening to binaural beats

I had some cool trippy dreams when i did this
>>
>>24578875
Which one? I've fallen asleep to delta and theta before but didn't really get anything
>>
Think of what you wanna dream about enough and keep telling yourself it's just a dream until you fall asleep
>>
>>24578154
Lie on the bed and then look at yourself lying, then you can pinch your arm or something like that so your brain can tell that you're awake, then tell your self that you're going to sleep and keep that in mind until you fall asleep. idk tho
that's what i do when i try and it worked sometimes
>>
>>24578154
You have to train yourself to realise when you're dreaming.
>>
I'm tired of saying this shit. FUCK UP YOUR SLEEP CYCLE.
>>
>>24578918
I think alphas are the best, not entirely sure. Its what i normally use tho
>>
File: homunculus 1.jpg (305 KB, 830x1200) Image search: [Google]
homunculus 1.jpg
305 KB, 830x1200
1. Lay on your back EXCLUSIVELY when trying to sleep. Be as symmetrical and comfortable as possible.
2. Get a rigid piece of cloth to cover yours in a way that it doesn't bother you, removes ANY trace of light, AND allows you to see the exact same thing with your eyes opened AND closed
3. Think of a large arbitrary number (ex. 2305) and countdown backwards; this will help transition you to sleep
4. IMPORTANT: You WILL feel itchy. Nothing is touching you. Your brain is trying to confirm that you're ready to sleep (ever try sleeping and try to scratch a spontaneous itch and your motions feel unusually numb? That's what you're looking for and it usually signals that you're about to fall asleep). DO NOT SCRATCH THAT ITCH. This step is why it's crucial to get as symmetrical and comfortable in step 1 as possible.
5. Let the numbness go through your body. Use the numbness to detach your mind from your body piece by piece ("My arms feels weird. They tingles. They're numb. I can't feel my arms. I have no arms, etc.)
6.????
7. PROFIT
>>
>>24580056
>2. Get a rigid piece of cloth to cover your EYES...
My bad.
>>
File: 1340823439663.png (477 KB, 653x766) Image search: [Google]
1340823439663.png
477 KB, 653x766
>>24580056
Someone (You) me, damn it. I need feedback.
>>
>>24580056
I used to try This but for Sleep paralysis
>>
>>24580332
Doesn't sleep paralysis help with lucid dreams? or am I a retard and just posted step by step to something off-topic?
>>
>>24580380
I LD often but Never through Sleep paralysis, although I know a lot of people who use SP to LD, so not off topic

The scratch part is the most difficult, I want astral projecting from SP so I have to achieve it
>>
>>24580429
>The scratch part is the most difficult
Fuck yeah it is, especially if your bed has a history of having random bugs come onto it rarely.
>>
>>24580445
I always asked myself if You could do it while sleeping on the side. It would be way more comfortable
>>
>>24580429
Once you're in sleep paralysis how do you enter your lucid dream? Do you just sit there and wait for you to be in a dream?
>>
>>24580490
Obviouslym but the problem with sleeping on the side is that position is MADE to fall asleep in. Lying on your back makes it harder on your brain to make you fall asleep.
>>
>>24580533
Oh, I see. But it could be nice, I'll try it out one Day

>>24580532

Since you're falling asleep but still conscious, you're basically lucid while dreaming
>>
>>24580532
>2. Get a rigid piece of cloth to cover your eyes in a way that it doesn't bother you, removes ANY trace of light, AND allows you to see the exact same thing with your eyes opened AND closed
This step is what you're looking for. If you'll notice, I made it clear that you need to be able to see what you see with your eyes closed also when your eyes are open. This will give you the illusion of dreaming, while also awake. Real mind fucky stuff.
>>24580579
>Oh, I see. But...
Feel free to try, but like I side, it's going to be dificult to go into sleep paralysis without just falling asleep.
>>
File: 1439883858132.jpg (19 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1439883858132.jpg
19 KB, 540x429
1. Be extremely tired
2. Drink a lot of caffeine
3. Fall asleep on your back
>>
>>24580613
There should be a regular /luciddream/ general. It'll be nice
>>
>>24580691
drink beer to much please
>>
dreamviews.com if you are actually interested
>>
Take a nap for a couple hours before you usually go to sleep, like 6-9 or something. Wake up for a few hours, then go back to sleep. Works every time.
>>
Just be urself, dreamer
>>
You have to trick your body and mind into sleeping, when really you keep yourself mentally awake.
I do it by falling asleep, but having something just vaguely annoying enough to keep me awake on the inside. For example I keep the lights on to keep me annoyed enough to not fall into my sleep.
Once in the lucid dreaming state, you will probably not know what to do and will probably fuck it up. It happens to everyone. You generally need to have a clear idea of what you want to dream about ahead of time.
>>
>>24578154
I wear a watch and I always check the time.
>>
>>24580874
I also dream journal because I write songs in my lucid dreams, so I like writing them down.
>>
>>24580532
Wait for your body to completely fall asleep, then just imagine literally any visual you can imagine and a dream will start. I suggest a slow-motion close up of a drop of water falling into a body of water. From the fully asleep point you can also also project by trying to "roll out of bed" which will cause you to roll out of your body.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.