[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanksgiving is the shittiest time of year to not be what people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1443320792992.jpg (60 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
1443320792992.jpg
60 KB, 530x800
Thanksgiving is the shittiest time of year to not be what people consider "normal." I have Asperger's and my entire family knows I hate small talk and don't see the point in making me do it except for my grandma who just thinks I'm rude and lazy. Now, I know they don't like my interests so I don't talk to them about it or really anything at all since my grandfather died.

It's annoying as hell though because there's always an attempt at small talk and when I say "what a pointless question" I am sneered at and told that I wasn't raised right, I don't belong in the family, and that I'm rude.

I'll greentext this a bit:

>eating at the counter with some heated up food because it was later in the day
>grandma shuffles up and says "are you hungry?"

I'm eating food at 10:30PM. What the hell?

She was also tell me which cookie she has been picking off (I made the cookies) and then get mad when I asked "why are you telling me this?" She had previously told me they were good, and that was all she needed to say. I do not get it at all. I talk well enough with the family when it's time to eat the Thanksgiving meal, so I'm not completely reserved or unapproachable. I just don't see the point in saying useless things or asking questions that can easily be answered with a small iota of thought.

Contrast that to my grandfather though when he was alive. He (and like I said earlier the rest of my family) knew I didn't like small talk and he himself said it was stupid and pointless. Once everyone would be done with their meals he would say he was going outside, expect me to follow him, and we'd just sit around drinking whisky and smoking. Barely said a word to each other and it was perfect.

Old women are terrible.
>>
File: 1381090838022.png (98 KB, 217x186) Image search: [Google]
1381090838022.png
98 KB, 217x186
>>24578014
whelp, you are being pretty rood. I totally understand how dumb it is to ask pointless questions, but I've just learned to laugh it off and humor them.
They're not doing it deliberately to bother you, so try not to get upset at them. Its just a verbal tick they were conditioned to use to probe for conversation starters. Kinda like using "um", "uh", and "like" to pause a sentence while you think instead of falling silent and losing your turn.

Its just a monkey game, don't take it personell.

>mfw my dad asks "So, whatcha think?"
>>
>>24578014
literally autism
>>
>>24578014
Conversationally hostage man. That's all.
>>
>>24578014
If this is real you have serious autism and would do well to see a counselor who would help you stop chimping out.
>>
File: BTFO.webm (671 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.webm
671 KB, 720x404
>>24578014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtyzQ09jSI
Honestly, the way this was titled it was uploaded by a normie who does this shit to people to in the first place to think her reply was rude.

I only wish I had the ability to B people TFO with such articulation and accuracy.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.