[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anons My doctor is trying to perscribe me a low dose of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: PFZ49600.jpg (11 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
PFZ49600.jpg
11 KB, 288x216
Hey anons

My doctor is trying to perscribe me a low dose of zoloft. At first I was really not into the idea at all, but I'm warming up to it.

I got diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. However, within a few months I could see the depression fix itself. The social anxiety is here to stay

Post general experiences with Zoloft itt plz
>>
>>24577338

Zoloft was okay. I was going through a really bad time and have dealt with social anxiety my whole life, and it helped with both of those. I felt much closer to baseline most of the time, absolutely no extreme ups and downs. It actually felt like I couldn't feel deep sadness while I was taking it. Or really any kind of deep feelings for that matter.

Ultimately that's why I stopped taking it and refused to try other SSRIs that my doc wanted me to try. I realized that feelings of sadness have their place, and I should be making changes to my life to fix the lack of happiness rather than just try to mute the sadness.
>>
>>24577618
Would you recommend it? I'm at an all time low. There are times when I want to lock myself in a room and never talk to anyone. I'm suicidal a lot and have self harm issues
>>
>>24578100

It sounds like you should try something, so if your doc is recommending Zoloft than yes go with that. They will closely monitor how it affects you at first and try something else if it doesn't work. I would suggest being open to the process of "finding something that works" because it can be frustrating and exhausting, but all you have to do is find the one that helps and makes you feel better. But if Zoloft works for you then there ya go.

Also if you're not seeing a therapist then seriously consider finding one. For me it was just as important as the medication, especially if you're open to working through issues and want to get better.
>>
>>24578440
I'm seeing a therapist, but I'm still struggling. I'm scared about becoming dependent on the meds though,I don't want to need them to get through the day
>>
>>24577338
>>24577338
I'm just restarting my script for depression. It's beneficial for me. I only stopped because I ran out in the middle of the uni exam period and figured studying would be more important than taking the time to drive to the chemist to fill the script - fucking mistake. Every second thought since then has been 'I should slash my wrists. I wonder what it'd be like to drive my car into a telegraph pole. FML' so I've finally dredged up the motivation too get refill.

Only side effects i've noticed have been inability to cum unless it's like 20h after a dose (so right before I take the next pill) but I'm hoping that'd wear off and increased hunger but I'm trying to bulk anyway so that's not an issue. If the anorgasmnia doesn't go away after a couple of months then I'm going to have to switch to another SSRI or SNRI because fuck tht shit.
>>
>>24578580

That's the part that really sucks about antidepressants. You have to take them every day at the same time, and you can't just stop taking them after you've been on them for more than 3-6 months. Sucks but unfortunately that's just how it is.

Meds are a very important part of the equation though, just seeing a therapist won't do it in most cases. The meds will help you get out of the negative thought spirals by helping you think more clearly and you'll find that you don't let the bad stuff overwhelm your thoughts as much. The more time you spend outside of those bad thoughts, you'll find yourself spending less and less time thinking about the stuff that made you miserable before. At which point your doctor and therapist may decide that you don't even need the meds anymore.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.