[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trust issues thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 402x402
Anyone else worry that if they get a gf they wouldn't be able to trust them? Honestly I hear so many cheating stories and got screwed over enough times that I wonder if I'm even capable of trusting women, or anyone else for that matter.
>>
I don't even try for women anymore because I know I'd never be able to trust them.

Their instincts are to find the best mate, and I'm hideous. They could cheat on me with like 80% of the male population and never think twice about it.
>>
not so much gf

if i suspect infidelity i'll just dump them on the spot

wife trust? yes. because then she can take my shit/my kid

fuck marriage
>>
File: 1438273413147.jpg (19 KB, 479x357) Image search: [Google]
1438273413147.jpg
19 KB, 479x357
Buddy. I've been in that particular pit for the past nine years.

I had an abusive parent at home, and was bullied throughout middleschool when it got really bad and abandoned by my "friends" who decided to pick on me to fit with the popular crowd. This kind of helped reinforce the idea that I can't trust other people. It's an instinctive kind of mistrust too. I can try to rationalize it away, but it never really does leave.

If anything it helped me come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be alone. Because even if I found someone I genuinely liked I know I wouldn't be able to trust them, and without trust I wouldn't find the companionship I'd want in a relationship. It helped me to drop the fixation I had in relationships/significant others as well as throw the pressure society puts on you to get a girlfriend when you're young out the window.

Does it mean I'll be alone forever though? Who knows. I decided try not to think about it anymore, since there's no point. I doubt there'll be anyone who'll make me actually trust them. And if there is, it'll probably be someone as broken as I am.
>>
File: 1416347186400.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1416347186400.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
same here OP, no matter how i would love her i wouldnt trust her and it woould be a shitty relation.
also im so insecure about myself, im extremely ugly and useful at everything. i havent even tried because i know im a monster, i deserve this, all of this because im the bad guy, fucking normies were right when they told me that since i was a child man even adult people told me that and the ywere right thats the funny part
>>
I don't think I'd be able to open up or have a relationship with somebody at all.
>>
>>24576373
You can never trust them ever. Every single woman on this planet will leave you the second a better man gives them attention
>>
File: grumpfy.jpg (38 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
grumpfy.jpg
38 KB, 406x364
I had a gf once. She tried to get back with her ex after a month and a half. You can probably imagine what that does to your self-esteem.
I don't really trust women as romantic partners now. Any gf I get is a rare thing, it's not like I can hop from one relationship to the next, so the fact that she could easily just up and cheat is even more worrying than it would be otherwise.
What little trust I have left is centred around 3 female friends I have, who are all in relationships. They've all separately expressed their disgust for cheating, and have been with their bfs for years. I've known them for years, and lived with one of them, and I haven't detected even a hint of infidelity from any of them. If one of them was to cheat, then my faith in women would vanish.
>>
>>24576519
shit i read that before>>24576546
also my friends from childhood change one day and all of them have girlfriends play instruments and went to parties, everytime i have trusted in someone it just ended so bad that now i cant trust anyone, it really sucks. i dont think in that now too, its just pointless and im tired
>>
I can't trust women because I project my insecurities. I lost the two girlfriends I've had because they got tired of me trying to micromanage their life.

I don't know, is it normal to try and keep your girlfriend from going to parties and shit? I always had the option to go with her, but the thought of it horrified me, so I just wouldn't let them go, which they hated.
>>
>>24576449
I really hate how correct you are there.

>>24576496
Good plan there, similar to mine if a little more confident sounding there.

>>24576519
Christ mate, I know this is cliche as fuck but I hope things improve. I got picked on and sort of learned to fend for myself early on, but at least had decent family. And I know what you mean, every time I think of approaching a girl I instictively get a little hostile cause I worry she'll be a cunt or act nice just to mock me. Bitter experience taught me it's usually a mix of both.
>>
File: 1281188225469.png (152 KB, 1124x960) Image search: [Google]
1281188225469.png
152 KB, 1124x960
>would like to get married, but wouldn't with the current divorce laws because I can't justify it
>couldn't really justify this to a gf because it essentially comes down to me not trusting them not to steal half my stuff
>even though the vast majority of husbands probably trust their wives when they get married, and that doesn't stop them getting divorced
>>
>>24576373
Work in Family Law, or even study it.

Makes that feeling 100x worse.
>>
File: checkem1.jpg (186 KB, 780x749) Image search: [Google]
checkem1.jpg
186 KB, 780x749
>>24576666
At least I can trust the repeating digits
>>
Isn't trust issues code for knowing everyone is a self interested cunt?
>>
>>24576718
In a way, but you know how normies are - blind to how other people truly function.
>>
File: 1434281303397.jpg (47 KB, 255x177) Image search: [Google]
1434281303397.jpg
47 KB, 255x177
>>24576666
Nice satan quads.

Get a pre-nup to prevent them from taking your shit. If they give you shit about it you drop them if you can't convince them that you're just looking after your own ass in case things fall over. Having a backup plan is common sense.

>>24576635

From my experience I have learned that things can only improve if you strive to get better. I'm seeing a therapist, I'm going to university, and I try to be a nice person, generally speaking. Thing is I'm actually mentally ill. I have to take meds and I've been diagnosed.

That said I have met a girl who is "damaged" but had support whereas I was met with constant abandonment from those I thought I could trust. She's trying to turn me into a normie since she knows my family but I don't really think she can "fix" me. I don't really trust her either, despite her many attempts to make me trust her, and her many attempts to reassure me she has no ulterior motives to what she does. But I can't, even if she's alike a lot of people in this board.
>>
>>24576666
you kill this thread with those satanic quads
>>
>>24576762
Well, you've got someone at least. First step to recovering, assuming you want to trust people. I'll admit, I talk shit about normies but I'm more envious than anything else; I mean they have friends, social status, money, and seem relatively happy. The last one is particularly important, since feeling happiness is all anyone truly wants if you ask me. Not gonna try to make you follow this girl's advice but being a normie might not be so bad.
>>
>>24576762
>Get a pre-nup to prevent them from taking your shit
I'm in the UK, the courts take even less notice of prenups here than in the US.

>>24576927
I think we're all jealous of normies' ability to live life happily, as part of society. If I could flip a switch and become one, and live in ignorant bliss, I would do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>24576373
I've had my gf for nearly 5 years and I sti don't trust her despite her unwavering faithfulness.
>>
File: heresy5.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
heresy5.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>24576927

I don't really want to though. I've grown accustomed to the life I lead, once because I didn't have a choice, now because I enjoy it. When you grow up without friends you find things you can do to distract yourself from it. I've dabbled in creative writing, I play videogames, I watch anime, I read manga, and as much as people want to undermine these mediums are something for manchildren, well, they're all I've ever really known growing up that wasn't awful.

She wants me to lead a life outside. I already go outside to deal with my day to day life, but she wants me to do it recreationally. Thing is, nothing I like doing can be done outside, so she wants to force me to like these things by implying they'll be fun if I do them with her. They won't though. Someone else only makes something you already consider some semblance of fun funner, not something you think is awful, unless you're talking about how awful it is. She literally wants me to go out to social gatherings and talk to people I don't know about topics I don't know. I'd rather not.

A lot of robots would probably kill for a chance like this, it's literally welcome to the NHK come true, except I'm not a NEET. Thing is, I don't appreciate people being overbearing and trying to peer pressure me into doing something I don't like because they believe it'll be "good" for me with nothing more to base that statement than opinion. Personal experience might not count as factual evidence, but I'll rely on it more than someone's opinion that going out will be good for me when all I'll do is hide my power level like I usually do, plaster a neutral face and talk about nonesense I really don't care about with people I don't want to talk to. That shit's tiring and I already do it every week, I don't need to do it in my free time too.
>>
>>24576666
satan you always spit the truth dawg
>>
I just recently got out of being cvcked by several different Chads and then friendzoned because one of them decided to gf her (he wasn't her first choice but Alpha Chad pumped and dumped). No shit I ain't trusting women.
>>
File: 1448557680079.jpg (129 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1448557680079.jpg
129 KB, 668x712
>>24576373
>tfw you will never have a gf who you can trust and will love only you no matter what
>>
>>24576373
OP i can't even have imaginary relationships with out the bitch fucking me behind my back

l
>>
>>24576373
>"i'm sorry that i did this to you"
>"you must be so confused"
>"i know you didn't deserve this"
>"I've been going through a rough time" (insert story that's supposed to make you feel sorry for her)
>(plays the suicidal card)
>goodbye

typical ex gf response to nice guy after cheating on him
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.