[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw still afraid to look people in the eye even on 10mg Klonopin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pepe eyes.jpg (79 KB, 960x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe eyes.jpg
79 KB, 960x306
>tfw still afraid to look people in the eye even on 10mg Klonopin
>my psychiatrist finds it weird that even benzos don't alleviate my social anxiety
>tfw life is going to be like this forever
There's just no hope for me, is there?
>>
Get a job working in sales. Forced me to learn how to interact with people
>>
maybe you're an aspie bro
>>
>>24575753

This. Eventually you'll grow out of it
>>
Magnesium and zinc supplements + taking a week off from fapping. You're welcome.
>>
>>24575771
I've been thinking of getting a goofy-ass mohawk so I can get used to people staring and laughing at me and learn to not give a shit about others' perceptions.

How terrible of an idea is this?
>>
File: image.jpg (886 KB, 650x2047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
886 KB, 650x2047
>>24575771
I'm at a job right now where I talk to at least 150+ strangers a day, usually more. This simply isn't true for me. I don't feel any less anxious now than I did on my first day at the job. The anxiety doesn't ever go away unless I drink.

I am better at forcing myself to just keep going, because I'd lose my job otherwise, but even then:
>my mouth and lips get extremely dry
>I start sweating
>my face starts quivering
>i stutter
>my voice gets all weird and strained due to how tight my throat is and dry my mouth is
It's very noticeable. Every few minutes someone asks me if its my first day, and tells me I look really nervous.
>>
>>24575858
It will just lower your self esteem and make you even worse off.
>>
>>24575913
>This simply isn't true for me. I don't feel any less anxious now than I did on my first day at the job.
Same here, bro. In theory, I get that repeated exposure to something should make me less afraid of it. I get that. But no matter how many times my psychiatrist brings it up, it just doesn't fucking work. I feel just as nervous in class on the last day of the semester as I did on the first. Just as nervous riding the train today as I did when I was fucking twelve, and I've done it thousands of times since then. It just doesn't work, even though I know it should.
>>
>>24575718

Do you have really awesome friends that love you and would take you up in the mountains and do dmt with you and love you until you realized that you don't have to hide yourself from anyone because you're a beautiful person all your perfect imperfections? if not and you're interested in that sort of thing maybe we could totally get in touch and have a super awesome friendship op
>>
>>24575718
>>Pleb tier psychiatrist using benzos to treat anxiety
>>SSRIs in conjunction with regular psychotherapy are now the recommended first-line treatment
>>
>>24576312
No, I have no friends at all and don't talk to anyone and want to die.

>>24576421
We tried SSRIs, they didn't do anything. Broke my dick, but not much else.
>>
>>24575816
Is that all it takes? I would try that
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.