[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on tattoos and why are they so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 20
File: tattoo-ideas-for-men-sports.jpg (112 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
tattoo-ideas-for-men-sports.jpg
112 KB, 554x554
What's your opinion on tattoos and why are they so shit?
>>
>>24575012
Someones butthurt his tattooed daddy dumped him.
>>
For me tattoos are like piercings. And the only kind of piercing I can tolerate is armour piercing.
>>
A large majority of women seem to like tattoos.
>>
>>24575012

Looks fucking retarded.
>>
I like them, it tells me the kind of people I should avoid.
>>
>nipples are perfectly normal
>>
>>24575082
says the ex con
>>
>>24575012
Life is too short to care about the so called approval from people who don't care about you either without or with tattoos. One day you are going to cease to exist, you should live life on your own terms.
>>
>>24575120
top lel.

It kind of annoys me that >>24575114
women love the "bad-boy look" tattoos are considered "sexy, and fun, hot" when I have no interest in them.

Couldn't care less if other people have them (Don't like tatted up women, yuck.)
>>
I don't like big tattoos, but to each their own.
>>
>>24575096
>tattooed man found with javelins up his ass, witnesses heard a short man yelling "FUCK OFF NORMIES REEEEE" while running around naked
>>
>>24575120
this
>original commentt
>>
>>24575147
soooo philosophical dooooood xD
>>
>>24575178
Do what makes you happy you bitterfuck
>>
>>24575139
Tons of bears in prison ;)
>>
>>24575114
Honestly this is the single thing about women's tastes that rustles me the most. Tattoos are literally a sign of mental retardation, what the fuck is sexy about that. What about I just draw all over myself with a fucking sharpie, it would look the same but I wouldn't have affected my whole life with my poor decision making, would that be sexy?
>>
>>24575227
wooooah that's soo deep bro we should smoke weed together i'd love to pick your brain xD
>>
They became uncool to me because of the extent to which douchebags have them. I don't look at a tattoo and think rebel or cool guy anymore. I see an average millennial.
>>
>>24575012
>hat
fits perfectly
>>
>>24575251
>XD
Your attempts at irony is really cringeworthy
>>
>>24575346
>he calls it irony because his vocabulary is so small he's never heard the word facetious before

yeah bro totally just get tatted up we all die anyway, you're smart ;)
>>
I hate more because of the snapback to be honest
>>
life is 2 short

we're all gonna die, so get tattoos

upvote if u agree!
>>
>>24575396
since when did we start calling baseball caps "snapbacks"?
>>
>>24575012

Real pussy magnet tho'

When I started balding like crazy I literally spent all my money on getting tattoos. I went to the gym a little, now I'm a bald fuck but roasties love the fake alpha character that I built.
>>
Literally every person I've met with tattoos has been one of four people.

> That Normie/Failed Chad who thinks his tattoos make him a badass/super deep but comes off as a tool
> That person with a fucked up childhood or backstory who 'hides' behind their tattoos and uses them as a projection to appear tough but are actually still messed up inside
> Normies who get tattoos for the sole purpose of fitting in and because everyone else is doing it
> That Stacy who gets a single or couple of tattoos on her wrist/thigh/pussy/place no one really looks to be 'naughty' but is actually a projection of her slutiness.

The only real person I've met with a good tattoo was my 65 year old retired vet physics professor from Poland who had 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions' on his wrist that he got after defecting from the army.
>>
>>24575346
your'e getting blown the fuck out kiddo just retreat
>>
In the end all it's just art printed onto the human skin. I don't care about the social stigma that makes you hate something so basic. You even went out of your way to make a thread about it. Shows how much your life sucks to be honest with you
>>
>>24575418

I've seen it, if I went bald I'd probably do the same.
>>
>>24575451
>in the end ____ is just _____
fabulous reasoning. why, you could justify anything with that

oh wait, that's the idea, isn't it? so you can justify your shitty way of life
>>
Tattoos have become a normie fad.
>>
>>24575477
I don't have tattoos. It's just ink on the skin. Stop being an autismo about such stupid shit
>>
>>24575243
>literally
why do you tards always say this
do you
LITERALLY
not know what it means?
>>
>>24575362
>Thinks I'm trying to be "2deep4me" when I'm just giving advice
>Criticises me for not using some out of date word
Looks like you're projecting your pretentious on to me
>>
>>24575012
Is that nyanners new bf
>>
painting yourself up to look more impressive or expressive isn't a bad idea, even in the most ego-driven cases.

the bad idea is making it a permanent change you can't undo without lots of pain, recovery, and money.

it's like wearing fake plastic fang overlays, vs knocking out your real teeth so you can implant fake ones.
>>
>>24575425
hmm very convenient for your autism and bitterness that all tattooed people can be broken down into four easy to understand groups for you to rage against
>>
>>24575530
>calls a very common word "out of date" just because grateful dead never made a song called Facetious so he's never heard of it

and you think you're qualified to advise other people when you barely know english? that's sexy. you're sexy and smart, I want to be your friend ;)
>>
>>24575243
>Tattoos are literally a sign of mental retardation,

I dont think you know what literally means
>>
>>24575519
its a form of dramatic hyperbole, saying it is LITERALLY a sign of mental retardation is just an exaggerated way of saying it shows that the person in question lacks intelligence, but saying 'the person in question lacks intelligence' is kind of weak and doesn't really fit with the bitter antisocial robot aesthetic. You dig?
>>
>>24575558
I literally do
>>
>>24575012
tattoos are the ultimate normie meme.

My sister has two fucking kids and a house and a car and a job and ll the normie things and her and her husband get a new tatoo like every 6 months.

My older brother too has an ugly-ass meaningless dragon on his entire back and other random things that would have looked cool on a 13 year old's school book.

I don't know how many decades ago tattoos used to be a symbol of respect and power, or at the very least of gang affiliation, but now they're as common as getting a haircut
>>
I couldn't have something permanently on my body. I can't even think of anything that matters enough to me to get it engraved in my skin. I think the only thing that could ever matter to me enough to get a tattoo of it, was if i had kids, maybe their names or something. of course i'd put it somewhere where i could hide it with clothes like on my back, visible tattoos look so fucking unprofessional.
>>
Tattoos and big muscles are literally all you need to be Chad. Go lift and get inked up faggots.
>>
>>24575555
Why are you so butthurt about me pretty much saying "Do what makes you happy"?
>>
>>24575619
tattoos were always for low class people like sailors and convicts. If there was ever a place where they communicated power and respect it was the prison yard or a ghetto not normal society
>>
>>24575425

I can't stand people who associate tattoos with "toughness."

Women will be like "oh he has tattoos that means he's a bad boy!" No it doesn't. A guy can cover himself in tattoos and still be a bitch. In fact, he could be doing it to hide the fact that he's a bitch.

Dudebros will be like "yeah, I got a tattoo and stretched my ears, I'm tough and pain-tolerant!"

I hear receptive anal sex is more painful than tattoos and ear stretching. Does that mean that guys who take it up the shitter are the toughest people around?

Most people get generic shit too. Most women get some facebook quote, birds and butterflies, and men get their last names, a cross or a bunch of tribal designs.

Where I live, there's a huge heroin epidemic and all of the ex-junkie bitches "in recovery" get the serenity prayer tattooed on themselves.
>>
daily reminder that the actual reason robots hate tattoos is because theyre too scared to get their own

>owee, mommie! the stranger poked me, mommy! tendies REEEEEE /cryjerk
>>
>>24575664
what a deep philosophical point broooo you must be smart and think alot "do what makes you happy" wow broo... really makes you think... :)
>>
>>24575680
what is there to even get tattoos of? like, what the fuck is so important to people that they feel the need to have it permanently engraved on their skin? if you get a tattoo of something like a phrase, odds are you wont care about it 5 years, and it'll just be a constant cringeworthy reminder of that stupid fad that were into when you were younger.
>>
>>24575664
cuz happiness triggers robots wicked hard
its really sad and pathetic
>>
>>24575669
yes good historical analysis

society changes over time

sorry that kind of thing is hard for your overemotional autismo brain to understand tho :(
>>
>>24575700
Why are you just being a meme spouter with nothing of substance to counter what I'm saying?
If you want attention I can just reply to you everytime, I'm here for you.
>>
>>24575774
nothing's changed. getting tattoos is still only something the lower forms of society engage in
>>
File: emelianenko.jpg (33 KB, 592x429) Image search: [Google]
emelianenko.jpg
33 KB, 592x429
>>24575012
These are the Emelianenko brothers.

Fedor Emelianenko, the one without tattoos, is widely regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time and respectfully so. He fought the very best fighters in the very best MMA organisation at the time, PRIDE, when the UFC was struggling to stay open and attract new talent. He won championships and tournaments in various renowned MMA organizations. He remained undefeated throughout most of a his career but although he did suffer his first losses in his later fights, he always remained humble and respectful towards his opponents in victory or in defeat.

Aleksander Emelianeko, the one with tattoos, rode the coattails of his brother's success into the MMA world but never went anywhere. He mostly fought unknown fighters in obscure MMA organisations. His MMA career came to an unceremonious end after a series of controversies regarding him possibly having some sort of Hepatitis. He is now serving prison time for raping his housemaid.

Tattoos, not even once.
>>
File: 1444422286375.png (568 KB, 852x880) Image search: [Google]
1444422286375.png
568 KB, 852x880
>>24575012

They're a fantastic way to limit social mobility and increase class divide.

Even if a tattoo'd person has money and acts like a decent person they can still be picked out from the crowd in an instant.
>>
>>24575784
>tells people to "just be happy" like a bumper sticker
>calls me a meme spouter
how can I counter your epic philosophical point bro? you've thought long and hard and the work you put into it really shows :)
>>
>>24575784
He's being a meme spouter because you were obviously triggered by being made fun of.

>says LE DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY XD XD
>gets confused when someone does what makes them happy
>>
>>24575827
neat, didnt know they had internet 80 years ago
>>
Roasties love tattoos. Why wouldn't you get one?
>>
File: 1446248603104.jpg (93 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
1446248603104.jpg
93 KB, 500x621
>>24575861
live like a kek
die like a kek
>>
>>24575856
He's exactly right you pothead normie
>>
>>24575012
I don't rule out the possibility of having one someday, but it has to be a really important one in terms of significance to put it on my skin forever.

But that hasn't happened yet, so I'm not interested in getting one. Black ink tattoos I can tolerate, but the colored ones look gross to me.

Also they tend to decolorate and you need to spend money to color them again. I don't want to be spending money on that shit from time to time.
>>
Men are hardwired to be risktakers. Getting a tattoo is risky behavior (because you may not like it in the future, it's hard to remove, etc.). It basically shows confidence and willingness to commit to something. This is why it turns women on, it signifies masculinity. Playing it safe is feminine behavior.
>>
>>24575012
Nobody on /r9k/ likes tattoos because they're a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>24575847
Well I can't argue with that, if he likes to argue with XD's and thinks being happy with yourself is a bad thing then let him be.
>>
>>24575861
They love chads that use tattoos, Learn the difference.

It's like when they say "OMG I Looooooove Nerdy guys!" when in reality they just like chads that use glasses
>>
People with pet ferrets are always the weirdest fuckers I know. Plus, they always smell bad
>>
>>24575933

Degenerate gamblers are risk takers but I don't think women are turned on by him losing $500 at the tracks.
>>
>rode the subway in NYC five days a week this summer
>literally almost every single person had some sort of tattoo
>no matter what train I took
>no matter what borough I was in
>no matter what time of the day it was
Is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>24575997
get out of NYC
>>
>>24575933
women's logic is so fucking ridiculous, holy shit.
>>
>>24575669
nah, plenty of Polynesian people used them as official status symbols, in 1870s Britain it became an expensive upper-class hobby, and of course Japan's Yakuza which are more businessmen than thugs.
>>
>>24576009
I fucking wish. All I want is a cozy tiny house in the Midwest, maybe even Alaska. I hate this fucking city and the filthy hipster cockroaches that inhabit every square inch of it. I want to get the fuck out but I'm still in college and have no car, no job, and no skills so I'm pretty fucked.
>>
File: You've Been Warned.jpg (25 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
You've Been Warned.jpg
25 KB, 512x384
>Normies pay money to force themselves through pain and scar their skin because they think the outside world gives a shit about the trivial shit they think is 2deep
>Make a whole subculture designed around who can fuck themselves up the most
Speaking of that, what is the point of facial piercings?
>>
>>24575988
As long as he's not addicted and isn't asking her for money women aren't going to give a fuck. Addiction is never an attractive quality. Addiction signifies you took a risk, and lost hard. Women don't like losers either.
>>24576022
This is evopsych 101 shit right here.
>>
>>24575827
>>24575919

Not exactly right.

Tattoo on someone's shoulder or chest or tramp stamp, it can't be seen in a professional setting and no one really gives a shit anyways because it's so common.

Tattoos on the forearms, hands, neck or even head & face? yeah, you're gonna have a problem at job interviews.
>>
>>24575971
True.
Ferrets are weird fuckers themselves. For example, their males are known to rape young femals that cant reproduce yet, what makes them natural pedophiles.
Wild ferrets also can also jump so high theu can reach your face.
Yes, I used to own ferrets. They're actually great pets.
>>
>>24576071
>polynesians
island savages, low class people
>expensive british upperclass hobby
if you're going to revise history like that you'll need to cite one source
>yakuza
literal slumlord gangsters. low class

thank you for proving my point
>>
>>24576074
houses are pretty cheep in flyover states. I think that's where I'll go, but I live in the south so it's not so bad. i couldn't imagine living in a city the size of NYC it must be fucking hell
>>
>>24575675
>In fact, he could be doing it to hide the fact that he's a bitch.

This is pretty much it, women fall for all kinds of shit like that.

One of my friends was a big fat WoW nerd all through school, he is the single biggest bitch I have ever met in my life. Not trying to hate but he is just a fat weak pathetic individual, it's not his fault but its painfully obvious in everything he does. So in his late teens he decided to start wearing a leather jacket and he tries to act like he's tough in a hilariously contrived and transparent way, and now girls say stuff like "I wouldn't want to make him mad, he seems pretty tough".

That's all it takes, women have no ability to see past the superficial so you can go with it an use it to your advantage or live your life with some dignity and disregard the opinions of such idiotic people. No point in letting it upset you.
>>
Having one or two tasteful tattoos in an easy to cover spot is perfectly okay, anything more than that is disgusting trash. One of the coolest people I have ever met had one but didn't show me until a year after knowing each other. Its very rare but there are cool people with tattoos the rest are just trash
>>
>>24575814
I always found this weird, Fedor is GOAT and ultimate badass while Alex is such a fucking piece of shit. Something weird must've happened in their childhood for them to have such drastically different personalities.
>>
The human body is already a beautiful piece of engineering. Designs drawn in gaudy ink only serve to cheapen it.
>>
File: Dongtattoo.jpg (67 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
Dongtattoo.jpg
67 KB, 599x600
>>24575012
marks of the degenerate criminal.
>>
>>24576234
this. same with cosmetic surgery
>>
Personally, id rather blow what little money i have on drugs and alcohol but i wouldnt be opposed to tattoos if i had money lying around me it. That shit is too expensive for something that literally does nothing but sit on your skin and waste away as you grow older. But hell if i had the money id still get a few.
>>
>>24576315
>alcoholic drug addict is in favor of tattoos
well there you have it
>>
>>24576234
Exactly man. Just work out to keep yourself looking good.
>>
>>24575799
if that was true then robots would embrace tattoos and not fear them
>>
>>24576351
retarded logic.
>>
>>24576351
Its a different kind of lower, robots are lower socially whereas the people who get tattoos are lower mentally. Make sense?
>>
>>24575012
I think they are as nice as the thought and money put into them, which is to say most people's are shitty, but some people have nice ones. I have one I got done when I was 16, 4 years later I don't regret it and people compliment it frequently. Mine is religous, I plan to get many many more, but it takes much time and effort to pick each one.
>>
>>24576351
anyone who sees tattoos as emblems of a lower class mindset would not get one, even if they are low class people if only for the hope that it will not always be so. criminals get tattoos in prison because they've already convicted a crime, sailors get them because they're already toiling on a ship, gangsters get them because they're already in a gang. a poor boy with hopes of a better life wouldn't get a tattoo, nor would a NEET robot with hopes things will turn around. only the doomed would cross that line
>>
>>24576146
>island savages, low class people

within their own culture, m8.

>if you're going to revise history like that you'll need to cite one source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo#History

>literal slumlord gangsters. low class

except that they're the complete opposite of that you double retard. They don't deal with street crimes, their main sources of income are gambling, construction, real estate, and of course the sex industry and "protection". Remove the latter two and you have Donald Trump.

They're the wealthiest criminal group in the world, worth an estimate 80 billion $ and they regularly invest in mainstream Japanese companies.
>>
>>24576415
no, tattooed people vary in intelligence whereas robots are nigh universally completely fucktarded with over emotional irrationality

t. a tattooed norman man who is smarter than you, whos tattooed girlfriend is also smarter than you

sorry
>>
>overhear low class people last year in study hall
>my entire family's dropped out lmao (both girls are fat and ugly)
>i'm dropping out too
>the senior ring's $200? I can get like four tattoos with that!

Poor low class people never save their money. They're such short term thinkers that having more than $200 is inconceivable to them. It gets spent on cigarettes and tattoos which they perpetually always seem to be saving for. I've since graduated, and these people are all wage slaves or wandering unemployed.
>>
Absolutely disgusting and unnatural as in not supposed to happen.

I would feel as if I'm associating with a criminal to be around someone with a tattoo.
>>
>>24576434
>within their own culture, m8.
we're not talking about the culture of bonobos. peeing on the ground is how some animals mark their territory, but no one would advice you to pee on your car in the place of holding the deed to it

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo#History
>wikipedia
>doesn't even link an article
It's safe to assume this is made up then

>all that shit about yakuza
they're a criminal organization that no one of good breeding would be a member of and certainly no one that wasn't a failure in one way or another. the majority of yakuza members are koreans who for racial reasons cannot fit into normal japanese society and thus fall into that criminal activity. low. class. people. find a respectable man who would marry his daughter to a yakuza member. you wont find one
>>
>>24576217
I have Fedor's book/training manual and he briefly talks about his life as a kid and how poor they were. Aleksander was always a troublesome child and suffered from younger brother syndrome. While Fedor stayed in and studied, Alkesander would run around the neighbourhood and get into fights with other kids. Once their parents split up and Fedor as still in the army at the time he went from bad to worse.

They also have an older sister and younger brother, but those siblings are like the third Olsen sister or Will Smith's other son.
>>
>>24576429
I would say that only applies to tattoos that cannot be covered up by work clothing.
>>
>>24576524
>we're not talking about the culture of bonobos

Neither am I. What are you talking about?

>doesn't even link an article

I suggest you learn how to read wikipedia and/or put on your glasses then.

>the majority of yakuza members are koreans who for racial reasons cannot fit into normal japanese society and thus fall into that criminal activity. low. class. people.

[citation needed]
>>
>>24576590
Enough of this meme already. It's a low class mark regardless of who sees it. The only difference it makes is whether people see it or not. Regardless it's still low class.
>>
>>24576613
why would i care if a stuttering NEET thought i was "low class"? normal people in the real world arent as superficial as robocreeps. try to remember that senpai-er-ino, maybe itll help with your irrationality and bitter rage
>>
File: 20151127_215602.jpg (2 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
20151127_215602.jpg
2 MB, 2160x3840
>>24575012
nigga we tatted teh fuck up cause that shit is what is gud desu senpai
>>
>>24576601
I'm pretty sure yakuza are not Korean, I read about a Korean who went to prison with yakuza, all for a mistake he made in bad temper and confusion in regards to a Japanese cop who went up to him. He talked about how racist it was against Koreans. The yakuza are very old and predate Japan making Korea a vassal state.
>>
>>24575243
ritual scarification has practiced by many cultures throughout time. it is part of being humanl
>>
>>24576601
>Neither am I. What are you talking about?
our society, the one we live in. not how polynesias see themselves which is irrelevant. I'm glad you're on board finally

>I suggest you learn how to read wikipedia and/or put on your glasses then.
I asked you to link one source and you linked a wikipedia search url. i take it you've never read a book in your life and get all your information from links to blogs on the reddit front page. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get from you

>[citation needed]
irrelevant to the point that they're low class people and it's clear you have no refutation to that point and are being persnickety when even if yakuza was 100% japanese it wouldn't change the fact they're criminals and looked down upon. but you can read about some of the struggles of zainichi here http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t222455.html
>>
>>24576680
>stuttering NEET

I'm not.

>why would i care if a stuttering NEET thought i was "low class"

It doesn't matter what I think regardless of how much of a low class NEET retard I am because it's the general viewpoint of mainstream society and especially more so in Europe.
>>
really dumb desu

I dont think tattoos look cool on anyone, waste of money imo.
>>
>>24576697
Zainichi (koreans in japan) make up most of the yakuza. heres a famous example of a korean yakuza boss https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisayuki_Machii
>>
>>24576445
No one is smarter than me, not anyone I meet in day to day life at least, I was the autist tier genius kid a school that teachers didn't know what to do with because I was so far above everyone else. I think that applies to a lot of this board.

I'm not that fussed if people have tattoos anyway I was just explaining the other dude's logic.
>>
>>24576565
aw yeah thats interesting, thanks anon
>>
>>24576712
A lot of retarded shit has been practiced by many cultures and discarded by greater humanity in modern times because it is pointless and stupid
>>
>>24576731
>our society, the one we live in

"I don't know how many decades ago tattoos used to be a symbol of respect and power, or at the very least of gang affiliation"

What I wrote wasn't false

>>24576731
>and you linked a wikipedia search url.

I linked you to the history section of the wikipedia article on tatoos which cites several British Newspaper from the late 1800s & early 1900s.

> they're low class people

which you keep saying but have no proof of and I have already disproved.

>>24576697
Of course they're not, this other guy is just being intentionally retarded.
>>
>high class british fad
negligible

>yakuza

Japanese outcasts with money
60% burukamin
you're not Japanese or Yakuza.

>maori

There's a difference between some pothead's catalog book tattoo and culturally significant markings of either Maori or Yakuza.

Fuck off retard this argument should have been shot down two dozen replies ago.
>>
>>24576830
>Zainichi (koreans in japan) make up most of the yakuza.

[citation needed]

>heres a famous example of a korean yakuza boss https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisayuki_Machii

The biggest and wealthiest yakuza group, the Yamaguchi-gumi, is pure home-grown Nippon.
>>
>>24576923
>"I don't know how many decades ago tattoos used to be a symbol of respect and power, or at the very least of gang affiliation"

except that's not the quote we're discussing we're talking about when you said
>in their culture
as a defense of polynesians with tattoos as if that somehow made them not low class savages

>I linked you to the history section of the wikipedia article on tatoos which cites several British Newspaper from the late 1800s & early 1900s.
and I'm guessing you never read those news papers, yes? you should scrap this whole part of your argument

>which you keep saying but have no proof of and I have already disproved.
are you saying criminals and leading the life of a yakuza is something parents in japan want for their kids? are they sending them to yakuza schools? or could it be that like all other criminal organizations it's something the poor and the outcasts on the lower end of society find themselves in. no one has respect for gangsters and no one sees them as anything other than what they are, which are simple goons
>>
>>24577004
>some pothead's catalog book tattoo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Times

Not High Times, you triple retard.
>>
>>24575012
I personally don't like tattoos but I don't care if other people get them. They just don't seem to be a very smart thing to get, just wear a shirt or a wristband or something.
>>
>>24577042

I'm not the other guy I don't know the relevance of this nor does a small fad a hundred years ago change the modern reality of tattoos.
>>
From the person who has one hidden in a spot that no one will ever see, to the person whose every inch of skin is covered in them, I find myself not caring about it at all. I just don't care about what ever people do.

That said, I'd never get one. Personal preference. But for others, I really don't care.
>>
>>24577041
>as a defense of polynesians with tattoos as if that somehow made them not low class savages

I never said I was talking exclusively about Western culture. Within their own culture, the more tattoos they had the higher status they held.

>and I'm guessing you never read those news papers, yes? you should scrap this whole part of your argument

No? What does it matter if I read them or not or you read them or not?

You think it's false? Prove it.

>are you saying criminals and leading the life of a yakuza is something parents in japan want for their kids? are they sending them to yakuza schools? or could it be that like all other criminal organizations it's something the poor and the outcasts on the lower end of society find themselves in. no one has respect for gangsters and no one sees them as anything other than what they are, which are simple goons

I'm saying that an 80 billion $ worth, for one Yakuza group alone, is anything but low-class

> are they sending them to yakuza schools?

Well you certainly keep outdoing yourself don't you? There's no such thing as a Yakuza school. People don't run real estate businesses without an education.

Even the most honest salaryman can inadvertently get mixed up with the Yakuza since they invest so much back into Japanese society & businesses.

You seem to be confusing them with an American or Mexican street gang.
>>
>>24575012
ebin good tats dude :^}
>>
>>24577072
I don't know either. AII said that tatoos weren't always just for lower-class people in the world, which is true, and the other anon got triggered and is now arguing that the Yakuza are lower-class Koreans.
>>
>>24577041
>are you saying criminals and leading the life of a yakuza is something parents in japan want for their kids? are they sending them to yakuza schools?

japan has a kind of fucked up economic structure based around "cliques" that are more or less gangs which control territory and industries

in the west we would refer to this as vertical and horizontal restraints on trade whereas the japanese often refer to this as keiretsu or zaibatsu

the yakuza have a place in this system, though often participating in the seedier parts of the economy such as porn and drugs, they still maintain legitimate business fronts such as offices
>>
>>24577191
>I never said I was talking exclusively about Western culture. Within their own culture, the more tattoos they had the higher status they held.
we aren't nor have we ever been talking about remote tribal customs. we were talking about tattoos in society. this society, the one we're apart of not a few thousand backwards island tribal members

>You think it's false? Prove it.
>disprove what I've invented
not touching that one, in fact I think you're retarded at this point

>all that at the end
yes you've had a good bit of fun I see. this conversation is over, it's all too clear you don't know what you're talking about
>salary man inadvertantly getting mixed up with yakuza
if yakuza were as respected as you say they are this should not be a cause of concern for the salary man, but since it's a criminal organization with no respect in society it's something to be wary of. I rest my case
>>
>>24577263
the discussion isn't about this at all, it's about tattoos being reserved for the lower strata of society. the only question that needs answer is: are yakuza slower class people? I maintain that they are, we can use your example of their involvement with drugs and pornography as a fine example of that
>>
>>24577340
well then i suppose if you mean lower class not in terms of economics but in terms of "culture" than the yakuza are lower class, still them niggas is ballin' senpai

in 'murica nowadays though tattoos are the norm, everyone stay be tatted up
>>
>>24577340
Because people like Larry Flint and Hugh Hefner are also lower-class scum, right?

You seem to think that lower & higher class are not a status of wealth, but rather a status of one's Christian moral compass or something...
>>
>>24575012
When it's like one or two it isn't that bad, unless it's a huge tattoo that has literally no meaning, like 90% of large tattoos.
When it's "i am le nerd XD" tattoos of Zelda stuff or Mario and they never play the games and haven't for years, then it's pretty bad.
"No Ragrats?" Bad as well. "Only God Can Jugde Me?" Also bad. Misspelled on purpose because that's how it usually happens.
Also, when it's "haha i want more ink" and they get more just because, then later bitch because "wah no food 4 muh babby" then yeah, it's stupid. Tattoos are such a waste and are not a art at all, to be completely honest.
>>
>>24577340
How is a group worth over 80 billion US$ that takes part in legitimate businesses supposed to be lower class?

Explain that in the simplest of terms, please, because you seem to be living in another world.
>>
>>24575012

I hope its a fad, like the mullet, but the mullet is permanently on you. So in 40 years they will look at them and think "How the hell did we all think that looked good?"
>>
>>24577383
I don't think anyone would call a black guy with gold teeth and an ostentatious diamond necklace in a fancy car "upper class" just because of his money. i think that settles that

>>24577406
are you under the impression that fat cripple who peddles skin mags like larry flynt is a high class individual because he has a bit of money?

>>24577448
it's a criminal organization. I don't know how simpler I can make this for you. they're criminals. i can't think of a place on earth where criminals aren't at or near the bottom of the social hierarchy
>>
File: based.gif (31 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
based.gif
31 KB, 240x200
I only care if you don't fit the lifestyle you get them to fit into. Like if you get them to look like a skater but haven't even ollied or whatever.
>>
>>24577506
>they're criminals

So?

White collar crime is a thing that exists. Insider trading, embezzlement, money laundering, etc.

You're not even talking about class at all, you're talking about whether or not someone is "classy". I guess English must not be your first language.
>>
File: aynrand.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aynrand.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>24577506
>I don't think anyone would call a black guy with gold teeth and an ostentatious diamond necklace in a fancy car "upper class" just because of his money. i think that settles that

in a capitalist society yes, the only color that matters is money
>>
>>24577675
>White collar crime is a thing that exists. Insider trading, embezzlement, money laundering, etc.
and how much respect does the average person have for Bernie Maddoff? not very much, I'd imagine. you're saying all these crimes but ignoring what happens when they get caught and lose all the respect of society. the difference between a random executive fudging the books and a member of the yakuza is we don't assume all bosses everywhere are embezzeling because they're assumed to be honest businessmen. not so with a yakuza member because his organization is already a criminal one and we assume he's breaking the law in one way or another. do you understand? and I'm not talking about "classy" don't be ridiculous
>>
>>24577735
he'd be viewed as an easy mark for sports car salesmen, nothing more
>>
>>24575257
>I don't look at a tattoo and think rebel or cool guy anymore.
You ever did?
Even when I was 10 when I saw guys with tattoos all I thought was "That's stupid, why would you draw all over yourself? That's what paper is for."
>>
>>24575012
I have quite a few, including my hands. I usually view other guys with hand tattoos as cons and am not particular to women with a lot of tattoos, especially chest tattoos
>>
>White bois think tattoos make them deep/are expressive/are cool
What in the fuck?
Tats are only there so I can figure out which niggas to run up on.
>>
File: 121017_huck-300x2258.jpg (15 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
121017_huck-300x2258.jpg
15 KB, 300x225
>>24577739
>muh respect
>muh classy

"class" and respect don't pay the bills and they don't get you up the social hierarchy.

Do you know of a lot of "lower-class" people who cohort with governors and prime ministers?
>>
>>24577936
none of what you said changes the fact they're criminals and gangster thugs and remain at the bottom of society despite rubbing elbows with the illustrious Mike Huckabee
>>
>>24577997
>remain at the bottom of society

no, you don't know what those words mean.
>>
>>24578047
I can't imagine many fathers hoping their children grow up to be gangsters and goons
>>
>>24575012
those nipple holes, my god
>>
>>24578076
You seem to think that people in the Yakuza run around publicly announcing the fact that they're part of one of the organizations, rather than saying that they're in the real estate & financial business.

>so they hide the criminal status because they're ashamed!

no they do that because they don't want to be arrested on sight, the same reason that Yakuza tattoos (which lower-ranked Yakuza don't even have) are not shown off on the neck or hands or face like real lower-class criminal gangs like the MS-13.
>>
>>24578255
so you're saying the reason they're respected as yakuza member is because people around them have no idea they're yakuza members? interesting. that doesn't prove my point at all
>>
File: 1448218347670.jpg (63 KB, 1798x1318) Image search: [Google]
1448218347670.jpg
63 KB, 1798x1318
Mine
I think its p rad
>>
>>24578292
well your point is both wrong AND stupid, since you think that social classes are based on good intentions and how one folds their napkin at the dinner table and whether someone says "bless you" after a person sneezes, rather than money.

Besides, even if a tattooed yakuza inspires more fear than actual respect (although considering their work after the 2011 tsunami, many DO respect them), it certainly symbolizes power.

Something that the average tattooed hipster does not, either way.
>>
>>24578506
no one is talking about dinner parties, you're the first one to bring that up. I'm talking about yakuza being low class and citing their criminal behavior as evidence of that a long with their seedy undertakings. a lightning bolt also symbolizes power for that matter and just because a store owner is scared of someone doesn't make the person they're afraid of someone to be respected, it just further proves my point that they are goons
>>
>>24575012
I hold the biblical opinion.
"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord."
Leviticus 19:28
>>
>>24578612
>I'm talking about yakuza being low class

which again doesn't make sense because 80 billion $ is is not lower-class or even middle-class money.

Also:

>>24577739
>and how much respect does the average person have for Bernie Maddoff?

Not even comparable because all he did was take the money and run. Yakuza, despite not always being pure of heart angels, do re-invest in their communities and businesses.

If the Yakuza were so "low class" whatever you think that possibly means, and so despised by society at large, they wouldn't be investors in companies. Those companies wouldn't be so quick to accept their money.

Japan has to constantly revise and update and enforce new laws that separate the Yakuza from the business world. That's the incentive, not the fear that the Yakuza will chop off their heads for no repaying their debts, but that the government will fine them half a million yen for being associated with them.
>>
>>24578928
how many parents would want their children to be a bank robber who makes a quick million dollars with a high probability of going to jail or a school teacher who makes a little above minimum wage? most would want their child to be a teacher and if their child becomes one they would have a respected place in society. explain to me how that is against common sense

I'm not entirely sure about your point of yakuza investing in companies somehow making them not a criminal organization. you even say at the bottom japan keeps trying to separate yakuza from the business world and fining people involved with them I'd say that's a big indictment of their respectability as a group and by extension the respectability of their members in society
>>
File: tattoos.png (96 KB, 647x768) Image search: [Google]
tattoos.png
96 KB, 647x768
Let's think of it this way. If I believe in a message, philosophy or something else so strongly that I feel the need to graft an image of it to my skin, than I will probably remember it and find some other way to convey that message, therefore eliminating the need for a tattoo in the first place. If an idea is important enough to make it part of my life, I will live by it and through it, not cosmetically alter myself to just appear that way on a surface level.

Tattoos are a shallow lip-service to the ideas people pretend to care about, a superficial facade.

>>24575012
>facial / full body tattoos
>owns a disgusting ferret
>snapback

everything checks out
>>
i like mine, but mine are more subtle and less douchey
>>
>guy goes to tattoo parlour
>"yea just fuck my shit up senpai"
>"got it, nobody will ever employ you again"
>>>24575619 this happens

I'm open to getting some tats but I have yet to find anything I'm willing to commit to, most ideas I consider are old pagan 2spooky stuff
>>
>>24575012
Nothing too wrong with 'em. Just don't get any huge disgusting murals like in OP's pic.
>>
>puts stickers on a ferrari
>>
>>24578928
Why do you keep equating money with class? The top guys in the Mexican and Colombian drug cartels, they're very rich, do you think they have class?
This is how we can tell you're low-class, you think that someone's "made it", just because he got rich, with no regard to how he made that money. A man who's made his living as a criminal is as low as a man can get, no matter how much money he's made.
Keep worshipping gangsters, though, and while you're at it, emulate them, so that you get shot or get thrown into prison; either way, society will have one less scumbag.
>>
>>24579100
What about people who get them purely because they like how they look?
>>
>>24579236
That's fine I guess, to each their own, but why can't you just save that pretty picture onto your hard-drive or hang up a poster of it or something? Honestly, is it that captivating that it has to be on your person 24/7 permanently for the rest of your life? I can't fucking commit to something like that. To alter the human body, something so incredible that's taken billions of years to come into existence, just feels wrong to me on a visceral level. Who am I to mess with that process?
>>
>>24579217
>have class?

Again, you're aguing whether they're classy, and not which part of a social class they're off.

Also those guys don't even come close to making as much money as the Yakuza, as well as dealing in much more violent crimes in much more violent ways.
>>
>>24579398
>To alter the human body, something so incredible that's taken billions of years to come into existence, just feels wrong to me on a visceral level. Who am I to mess with that process?

I mean people also get laser eye surgery and fillings for their teeth and you don't see them questioning their role in the universe when doing that.
>>
>>24579465
not him but neither do the people getting tattoos I'm sure. he's speaking personallty
>>
>>24579465
Not him, but those are to correct faults m8, poor eyesight and cavities aren't part of the ideal human that was created by evolution.
They're faults caused by either poor genetics, poor personal hygiene, or poor choices.
>>
>>24579465
Those things serve a functional role meant to improve our lives, while tattoos are just reckless defacement of billions of years of work.

>>24579511
personally yes that's just what I believe
>>
>>24579465
not him but I feel the same way about laser eye surgery and fillings as I do regarding tattoos
>>
>>24579537

>ideal human
>created by evolution

You sure are saying a lot of words I'm not convinced you actually know the meanings of
>>
>>24579537
>the ideal human

well we still have fucked-up mouths from wisdom teeth and people occasionally dying from appendicitis, so no not quite yet.
>>
>>24579537
>>24579621
>>24579644
Maybe someday millions of years from now we'll actually achieve that. For all we know, people alive today are a critical part of making that happen. Without imperfect people alive today, truly sublime and healthy creatures may not be possible tomorrow.
>>
File: 1448599387273.jpg (39 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
1448599387273.jpg
39 KB, 600x489
>>24575012
Tattoos are for fags. PERIOD.
>>
>>24579558
well it's not like you're chopping off an arm or actually hindering your body in any ways, your skin still keeps all of its skin functions
>>
>>24579764
tattoos are fucking retarded. You know how fucking retarded everyone else thinks you look?
>>
>>24579848
people don't get tattoos to impress anyone else, except for prison gang shit and hipsters, they're personal mementos mean to last a lifetime
>>
>>24579980
take a fucking photo then, ape
>>
>>24580006
photos can easily get lost & destroyed, or deleted.

>ape

You're as much of an ape as anyone else.
>>
>>24580063
as if your skin can't get damaged! incredible
>>
File: 2012-12-27_16-15-33_502.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-27_16-15-33_502.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
>>24579398
I love watching when I get a new tattoo and knowing that it's going to be on my skin forever
Feels strange and noteworthy and makes me feel alive
It's like flying my personal flag, my own sigil
The pain starts off OK then gets worse and its all I can think about, but I like that, it blocks out all other thoughts, its like meditation
No one can ever take it from me and I can't lose it
It will always be a reminder of who I was when I got it even if I'm not crazy about it in the future
Pic related one of mine when it was new
>>
>>24580063
>photos can easily get lost & destroyed, or deleted.
>you can't take multiples/save in multiple places/save in the cloud
>being retarded enough to lose something important as a personal mementos

>defending degeneracy

normie get out
>>
>>24575012
What are the types of tattoos that make people look like the biggest retards? I'll start:

>Christian tattoos

It specifically says in the bible not to purposefully mark yourself and you got a tattoo of Jesus' face on your back. It's almost as ironic as getting a giant diamond-encrusted cross.
>>
>>24575012
they're pretty much a mark of low intelligence
>>
>>24580127
what does the leaf mean to you, is there a "message" behind it or something?
>>
>>24575680
I use to think tats were cool, when I was a kid. Mostly because the only person I knew that had them was a WWII navy vet and I wanted to be like the man.
It's bashed over peoples heads constantly tattoo's are a health hazard, they are potentially really bad for your career, it's expensive on top of all that. I see a girl with a tattoo and I automatically know she has a higher upkeep than a girl without them. From a medical standpoint tattoo's are practically considered a scar I like the female form it's attractive and I think tattoo's detract from that.
>>
>>24580080
It's waaaaaaaaaaay less likely for one's skin to be completely irreversebly damaged than it is to have something lost or destroyed or stolen.

You can lose everything in a natural disaster except for the clothes on your back and also the skin on your body.

>>24580170
>not being a degenerate

shouldn't you be in bed or at Bible study or volunteering at an autistic shleters for transgender women you fucking normie?
>>
>>24580205
Yeah, but that's not the point, that's for me
>>
youre not a fucking doodle book
>>
>>24580285
>not being a degenerate
well that says everything that needs to be said about you, doesn't it?
>>
File: be yourself.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
be yourself.png
39 KB, 914x1091
>>24580372
it sure does, doesn't it?
>>
>>24580334
So what's the thinking behind it then? I'm genuinely curious, why graft the picture of the leaf onto your skin rather than just look at it on paper? How does bonding it to your body improve yourself and/ or the image?
>>
>>24580127
>It's like flying my personal flag
I imagine it's a pretty red color.
>>
>>24580407
Well if you're genuinely interested...
It has a few meanings to me. I really like the woods and nature. My ancestors came to America from French Canada, and maple trees are a symbol of both Canada and new England, where I was born and raised. So its like a connection to my home and my roots. Also the autumn before I got it was a pretty memorable time, I had some beautiful and some rough experiences and had a brief but passionate relationship with a girl.
But a key factor is that I like the way it looks
>>
>>24580609
what an interesting guy you ar---zzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>24580656
I am pretty interesting, as much so as everyone else.
Hey, you asked
>>
>>24580609
>>24580693
Your interests and reasons are fucking common as hell. You are boring. You are an attention whore willing to go to extreme lengths to say "hey, look how interesting I ammmm!" I've experienced things in my life too, hell everyone has. The difference is that most people can internalize that without the immature need to advertise it to the whole fucking world.
>>
>>24580693
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz how smug. these are the kinds of people who get tattoos
>>
>>24580609
>My ancestors came to America from French Canada
God, why are French Canadians so terrible?
>>
File: 1409316094573.png (575 KB, 519x551) Image search: [Google]
1409316094573.png
575 KB, 519x551
>>24580727
It's not about advertising anything to anyone else, I would still have tattoos done if I lived alone as a hermit, someone asked me what it meant to me

I do have a lot in common with lots of people but that doesn't make us less interesting

I don't "need" to do anything, other people like different things than you do, get over it

My jimmies remain unrustled, thanks for the >(You)'s
>>
File: Star-Tattoo-Design-4.jpg (13 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
Star-Tattoo-Design-4.jpg
13 KB, 448x336
Pic related, these are the worst fucking tattoos.

Every girl has one of these now days. Stars, animal paws, etc., tattooed on their waistline. For what fucking purpose? What does it signify?

You could get an inspirational quote or a large well-designed canvas tattoo and, even if it looks shitty, you can at least say it has personal meaning. But a tiny little 3 inch star on your waist means nothing. It doesn't even make you unique because EVERYONE has one. It's a waste of time and money. I know this rant is autistic but I just don't get it.
>>
>>24580835
it signifies they're whores with no sense
>>
File: 1448563793732.jpg (19 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
1448563793732.jpg
19 KB, 280x400
>>24580745
Smug as hell f a m with good reason to be
>>
>>24580727
Damn nigga, you mad. Also, why "extreme lengths"? It's just a tattoo of a leaf.
>>
stick that shit in a frame and put it on a wall so when it looks like trash in a few years you can put it away somewhere
>>
>>24575505
I'm not a serial killer, but come on man, it's just knife in meat, it's no different to making dinner. Stop being such an autismo about such stupid shit.
>>
>>24576077
you know, I enjoyed your dubs
>isn't the point of tattoos not to impress others, but to get one that means something to you?
if I ever decided I needed a tattoo it wouldn't be because I give a shit about what people see, it'd be because i genuinely fucking want the thing
>>
>>24579410
Do you really think that the successful cartels are the ones running around committing high publicity violent crimes? Most of the money would be drug deal related and other victimless crimes, avoiding having to be violent at all when possible.

The yakuza is violent and dirty as fuck as well though, as is every organised crime group, from the Sicilian mafia (arguably the most successful) to the biker gangs in Australia.
>>
>>24580828
that's one rare fucking pepe meme
>>
>>24578391
it's badass anon
>>
>>24575680
Muh superior tribal arm. Tattoos are purely to draw attention to yourself.
>>
>>24580727
Tell me something interesting about yourself.
>>
>>24580835
>for what purpose
>I'm sooooo unique everybody! look at me xd
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.