[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normalfag advice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 10
File: 1429117181747.png (45 KB, 1414x388) Image search: [Google]
1429117181747.png
45 KB, 1414x388
>ask about how to interact socially with others

>"go out and gain social skills"
>>
>>24573995
i bring this post back
>>
>>24573995
Sorry OP, but that's really the only way you'll learn. Wish there was a better one, but there isn't.
>>
>>24574550
The way I see it, based on OP's pic, socializing doesn't do much if you aren't accepted by people. Nobody wants to be around some weird autist that don't knock how to interact with people. Those people in the circle , the normies, know how to connect with other people and see everyone as equal or greater than they really are.
>>
>just do whatever you want bro, nobody really cares or pays any attention to others
it's a dirty lie
>>
Here's my tip (that took me out of mt robobubble)
You think before talking, like talk about anything, but think before you talk, and don't be fucking repetitive, do you know how boring it is to talk with someone telling you the same stuff over and over and over ?
Oh and, write stories, there are no talking characters, you just describe what they do. Dunno why, but it helped me
>>
>people tell me that being myself will lead to happiness, and you should never have to look for a girlfriend it just happens

I fucking HATE normies.
>>
>>24574550
What if i don't have enough social skills to have a social life?
>>
>>24574725
Join a sports club, the easiest fucking way. Even a dojo if you wanna
>>
>>24574707
>it just happens
This is the central problem with normalfag advice. They rarely had to meaningfully struggle to the extent an outcast does, for them everything really did just fall into place.
>>
>>24573995
but this is true anon

think of evolution

throw yourself into assaulting situations you aren't comfortable with

eventually you will adapt and be able to perform at a level at or even above your peers

you are the diamond in the rough anon
>>
Want some advice?
Ask. Yeah it's pretty simple and a solid starting point. A boost to your charisma stat. You ask shit about people, pretend to be interested in them. You might think
>what the fuck do I ask I don't wanna hear these people talk about their lives
But you'll ask what their names are, what they do, what they like to do, as the conversation progresses you'll realize they're more flawed than you thought, more vulnerable, that they're not some perfect kind of human being, and the more you know about them, the weaker they're to you.
After you've asked enough questions you'll probably start playing mindgames with them without even knowing it.
If you have no confidence just half ass your answers when they ask, don't talk about yourself and change the topic. Don't lie. That fucks you up more than coming out as weird or just hiding shit. You can even afford to say pretty retarded shit once you've heard enough about the other person.
>>
Right wing normalfags give the worst advice of them all.

>just do it

>Stop being a baby

>you don't suffer from anything, you're just a lazy freak

And people say liberals do this
>>
>>24574688

Literally no one cares actually. You are your own person. Do what you want.
>>
>>24574782
>eventually you will adapt and be able to perform at a level at or even above your peers
or be destroyed due to your insurmountable failure, as is what happens in evolution
>>
>>24574824
there are many people who really do notice and care and will make attempts to ridicule or isolate you tbqhwyfam
>>
>>24574826
>destroyed by social failure

you'd have to be really fucking wicked for this to ever be the case

even a real piece of shit like me can have some social success, in no universe are you lesser than me
>>
My mom says the same thing. I can barely order food on my own because nobody ever helps me.
>>
>>24574869
you have to just block them out

and really understand why they do it

they do it because it once happened to them, and they feel this incessant need to build themselves up higher, but they don't realize it because they are un-self-aware normies who never had to develop themselves because they were born in a higher social position than you

don't get discouraged
>>
>>24574745
>doing a bunch of hard and boring work
>easy way
But really, what kind of club do you mean?
I haven't thought of any kind of sports socially yet so i don't really know what i could do.
>>
>>24574898
Well becoming an outcast due to low social skills is a real possibility, and other people can be put off you due to the reputation you gain. If you really are unpleasant enough you can become anathema to people you've never even met personally.
>>
>>24573995
Just fail a bunch of times with people who don't matter and eventually you'll succeed. Or find a robot irl
>>
>>24573995
>if you have no friends
you automatically my friend
>>
>>24574925
You can block out people simply judging you m8, but you can't really ignore the fact that some of those people have enough social sway to lower your status in a community or even threaten your livelihood. Everybody has to play the game.
>>
>>24574936
>reputation

do you live in a small town or something? still in highschool?

look, you can say unpleasant things, life is unpleasant

new people you meet will be surprised that you're so nice "given your reputation", etc.

like, what do you think is gonna happen? you stutter a lot and people write you off as an abysmally stupid faggot? you let "hitler was right" slip and everyone hates you?

grasp your fears dude
>>
>>24574996
the fuck? are you a convicted pedophile or something?

most people won't do these things ever anon, turn off the TV for a while
>>
>>24575013
>do you live in a small town
of course nigger, parochial towns are very common here
>>
>>24574927
>hard and boring work
Have you ever been in one though ?
For example, a martial art woumd be fun. You can spend your time talking to other people, or basketball (l thought that it was shit at first, but it's pretty cool.) or any sport that recquires teamwork. People are always cool to new people if you smile, shake their hands, are serious about training and don't talk too much shit
>>
>>24575013
Im a negative person I have nothing positive to say.

I am a misanthropist. Everything is shit.
>>
>>24573995
>make that bad impression
>impossible to get out of
>>
Old people are the key.
They just don't care about you or your life, they just want someone to talk to. Ask them how they feel about a certain political event, thekr grandchildren/friends whatever. They just want someone to talk to and you too
>>
>>24575040
the point isn't that it's most, it's that it only takes a few influential people in a small community. think people being ostracised for not going to mass. not as typical now, but shit like this does still go on.
>>
>>24575040
If you think this doesn't happen to the average robot, GET OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>24575049
>everything is shit

i agree

let people know you think that, you'll be surprised at the number of nods

we have a slight advantage at this moment in history, because literally nobody is happy
>>
>>24573995
Stop going to fucking r9k, this place is depressing as fuck and most people 'helping' here are fucking retards stuck in the same mentality as you, generalizing everyone else as 'normies'. Maybe if you came to the fucking realization that nobody is normal you would give less fucks and social interaction will come naturally to you.
>>
>>24575413
You end up alone once you realize that you won't fit in with any clique or group of friends.
>>
>>24575458
Stop being such a whiny depressing faggot. You can't be so fucking arrogant that you think you are so 'special'/different from EVERYONE FUCKING ELSE that you won't be able to find a single person you fit in with... It's fucking dumb and thinking the way you fucktards do is the reason you don't fit in. You go in with the mentality 'oh fuck those normies m8 I have my interwebs meem friends I don't need these people they are so normal they like normal things I'm not normal I like anime and vidya gamez' so then you obviously don't 'fit in' and you just reaffirm the circlejerk going on in your fucking mind which leads to you going in with an even worse fucking attitude next time and in the end, you just end up killing yourself or going full fucking Elliot
>>
Finding a gf is even worse because all women only want 10/10 6' tall ripped chads with 10" dicks and a lot of money
>>
>>24575545
I didn't, but the way you pointed it out was how people thought of me. Getting shunned by a bunch of over-emotional people gets out of hand.
>>
>>24575545
Jesus Chad, did you end up having to date rape an 8/10 instead of a 10/10 at the frat house rager last night?
>>
>>24573995
Missed your window. With hard work and much embarassment you can gain social skills if you missed the proper age-window. But regular people give up on shit after several attempts.
If there's a creator, he's cruel to what man's made and nature alike.
>>
>>24575545
Normalfags literally despise us for liking anime and video games though.

They think Anime is for pedophiles which it isn't and they think video games are for 5 year olds which it's not. Normalfags only like unfunny seth rogan movies with a lot of bar humor and boring unintelligent sports.
>>
>>24575113
And then no response. That's how you know you got to them. Good shit anon
>>
>>24575598
Just look at your dumb use of some fucking r9k phrase. I'm autistic but I manage to keep a group of friends and a girlfriend. My friends are normal people, but they are gamers and some watch anime etc. It's not like these people are a rare fucking breed or anything. Ofc if you go to a fucking frat house / colelge dorm you probably won't find them but it's 2015 for fuck sake. There's the internet. So many ways to connect with people that share your interests but all you do is whine on fucking r9k which, by the way, was never intended for cancer like you fuckers, you just took it over and destroyed it and just sit here in a fucking circle wanking each other off while you whine and rage at how 'normal' people hate you for liking what you like instead making a fucking effort to improve yourselves.
>>
>>24575545
this wall of text calling them faggots doesn't help anyone anon, not even you

i'm pretty sure i've seen you around before and your "advice" is worthless, you're doing more harm than good
>>
>>24575545
Idk man this looks like a troll post even if it's sensible
>>
>>24575632
And they find more ways to shit on you and your life.
>>
>>24575627
you know how many "normies" have come up to me and complimented my NERV tshirt?

expand your horizons anon
>>
>>24575627
What fucking backwater part of the world are you from, people from where I am (the Netherlands) don't think this way. They might think it's a bit strange but fuck them, if they judge me for what I like they can go fuck themselves. Plenty of fish.
>>24575689
Just trying an approach that I assumed people don't see on this board often. I only got here because I was reminded of the existence of this place when /r9k/ was linked on /b/. Reading posts on this board always pisses me the fuck off because I hate seeing people wallow in their own sadness since I've been in that place and I just want to share my way of thinking / how to get out of the viscious circle of hating 'normies'
>>
>>24574782
that's definitely lamarckian evolution, which is false.
>>
>>24575733
>Netherlands

Ah theres the problem.

You're from a first world nation where people aren't pounded into the ground by corporations

Most of us here live in America, a third world country where everyone thinks if you're an outcast that it's 100% your own fault and you deserve it because "karma"
>>
>>24575733
you're posts are hard to read my man. i don't really think you have empathy in mind here, especially with comments like "this PISSES ME THE FUCK OF TO READ!!!"

the simple solution is just to stop reading r9k, if it makes you so mad

nobody wants to adopt your way of thinking, especially when you present it through hostility
>>
>>24575751
>this guy doesnt know about epigenetics and neuroplasticity
>>
>>24574707

Nigger this has been said a billion times. Being yourself won't make people like you. Being yourself means that people that like you for you will be genuine friends and not like you for who you pretend to be. Robots just aren't likable.

It's not bad advice, robots are just broken people.
>>
>>24575413
I don't have anywhere else, I'm not like you normies who have friends and family.
>>
>>24575627
I wish i was eloquent enough to express how lacking in self-awareness and insight this post is.
you 100% deserve everything life has given you
>>
>>24575751
think of it more simply

if you don't work out you don't have any muscles, right?

same with social interaction. if you don't use it, you lose it. and eventually you get better.

it's not so scary anons, please, if there was one thing i could tell you all on my deathbed...
>>
>>24575775
Think whatever you want. I know that it's bullshit. But the human brain is simply conditioned to remember the negatives a lot more than the positives and especially if you're depressed (which I assume most of you are at least to a certain degree). Maybe if you are from some garbage state like... Utah or something. In which case, emigrate to Canada (or something) because who the fuck wants to live in fucking Utah
>>24575786
Your*

And if you expect empathy on r9k you are in the wrong fucking place. I guess you could call your circleblowjobs and affirmations empathy though, I guess.
>>24575831
I'm not a normy. I'm autistic. I have friends and a family, though. Don't you have any online friends, even? Don't you play any online games? Also, is your family dead or did they just 'disown' you?
>>
>>24575688
You are so mad right now.
Maybe instead of being angry, you could spend time with your loving gf or adoring friends.
>>
>>24575797
Sure, those are some exceptions I guess. And in some senses, those ( particularly thinking of epigenetics because it's what I know about the most) can account for stresses on parents resulting in offspring less susceptible to those stresses (in particular the Netherlands in the 40's with the famines).

However, being sad/uncomfortable isn't going to result in my DNA expression being changed to make me less socially retarded. The process the guy is thinking about is called "learning"
>>
>>24575893
It's 3:25 AM here. Also, not mad, I just swear a lot so I come off a lot more mad than I actually am. My sleeping pills are actually starting to kick in now so I should be able to sleep soon enough.
>>
>>24575733
>guys i'm only here to share my wisdom on how to get out of the pit, i swear i've been just like you once
>just be more positive

God how I hate 4chan normies
>>
>>24575891
>I'm autistic.

not a shocker

one would think you are intellectually sound enough to reason that you're in no position to lend "advice" to anyone

i'm BPD, and i'm aware of it, which helps me cope

you have no excuse here except your own poor choices
>>
File: creatureoftheabyss.jpg (259 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
creatureoftheabyss.jpg
259 KB, 1600x1200
>Not embracing the void and walking the path till you become a true creature of the abyss

Cum on step it up robots
>>
>>24575891
also
>the human brain is simply conditioned to remember the negatives a lot more than the positives

this is literally the opposite of the truth, ever hear of the rose colored glasses?
>>
>>24575950
If you were so aware of your BPD you should realize you are in no position to have any contact with anyone ever :)
>>
>>24575921
No, first youre going to learn how to be comfortable in social situations. them youre going to be happy. then the neuroplasticity happens and you enter a positive feedback loop. then the epigenetics happens and your children are less autistic. CHANGE IS POSSIBLE ANON
>>
>>24575950
>one would think you are intellectually sound enough to reason that you're in no position to lend "advice" to anyone
Hey now, I think he writes like a proper colelge boy.
>>
>>24575891
No, I don't have online friends, I've never had any. And you're a normie by my definition. My siblings want nothing to do with me, there's no hatred or anything, we're just not a close family.
>>
>>24575940
this is actually true sometimes though. you are just a defeatist loser.
>>
>>24575986
I really don't know anything about neuroplasticity, but I'm going to methylate the shit out of my CpG islands for my children (which won't genetically be mine because I'm gay)
>>
>>24575996
Do you just don't enjoy people? I mean, do you actually want to fit in.

Also, what do you define as 'normy'? Someone who vaguely fits in but also spends ~16 hours a day playing video games?
>>
>>24574657
Yes, this is biological intrinsic knowledge. It cannot possibly be a skill which people acquire and practice.
>>
just become over 6 feet tall some how

get ripped

become an angry douche

dont let people push you around

learn to fight if you think you need to

dont take shit

simple as that m8

sorry if you're a manlet though. even you become ripped and are the best fighter in the world, all people will know it's because you have little man syndrome and are compensating

git gud brah
>>
>>24576063
>people on /r9k/ actually believe this
you all deserve the life you have
>>
>>24575627
Where are you from? Most normies play videogames nowadays, even if it's just casual shit or sports stuff like Madden. And most young people in general are familiar with anime. I actually know a girl who is very blatantly a weeb (as in she took Japanese classes and drops random japanese words mid sentence), yet she has a lot of normie friends. Every time I see her the 4chan inside me wants to yell at her to tell her to hide her fucking powerlevel but it works. She's not even attractive, she just has a tomboyish kind of look which makes you feel like you're talking with a dude. I think that may be her weebness is overlooked in fact, she has a kind of grounding, calm presence which makes it hard to conceive of her doing something ridiculous. There's another girl who does the exact same things but she's short, chubby and vaguely girly besides having a high pitched voice and a complete lack of self-awareness, and all the normies made fun of her at her back. I'm sure they do the same with me though, but mostly they think I'm a joyless hardass so that's fine.
>>
>>24576117
Im from Michigan. The south of the north
>>
>>24576110

This. If you refuse to make any effort you deserve to be where you are
>>
>>24576055
I never really thought about it, but I guess I define as someone who has the acceptance of others.

It doesn't matter whether I enjoy people or not, some people don't fit in anywhere.
>>
>>24576005
After decades of loneliness and misery you simply get to a point where no 'positive attitude' can suddenly change everything after you've tried pretty much anything imaginable in your mind. There's nothing new and exciting in the world anymore except for that one thing you've always desired: peace. Now you're just telling me that I should give up that little bit of peace I've built for myself once more to most likely fail miserably at reaching some deeper peace.
>>
>>24576158
Why make effort if it ends with rejection every time while other people get accepted with the blink of an eye.
>>
>>24576199

Because you won't learn if you don't try dumbass. Look at the people you think are accepted and look at what they do differently than you.
>>
>>24576223
They were born with the correct genes.
>>
>>24576159
It does matter because if you don't enjoy being around people it doesn't matter that you don't fit in. Also, your definition of 'normal' is quite broad. But I guess that's in the nature of the word anyway. You seem oddly at peace with you not fitting in though, which is why I asked if you simply don't care about fitting in or not. Anyway, going to sleep now. Take care.
>>
>>24576199
literally watch any motivational video on youtube, "U HAVE 2 FAIL 2 SUCCEED". The thing is all the cliches are true, you just dont want to believe they are because that would necessitate effort and discomfort
>>
>>24576235
Obviously some people have a genetic advantage, but effort is always a huge part. Most people can't be Lance Armstrong, but imagine how many potential Lance Armstrongs there are who haven't been on a bicycle since they were children, you know?
In just about everything in life you can compensate for or even surpass genetic advantage with hard work. Of course the people with good genes will beat you if they also work hard, but most people don't work hard.
>>
>>24575961
i'd do that if i thought i could actually become a cosmic monster and not just a homeless drunk
>>
>>24576235

You mean they're not autistic?
>>
>>24576151
im from michigan too anon, wanna b buds?
>>
>>24576256
I'm not really at peace with it. But w/e.
>>
>>24575977
no, i'm fully aware that unless im extremely careful, wherever i go i'll leave a trail of broken hearts behind me

i just have to be really super careful, because as you said, the alternative is never interacting with anyone
>>
File: bismuth-crystal-epistrophy-01.jpg (164 KB, 650x593) Image search: [Google]
bismuth-crystal-epistrophy-01.jpg
164 KB, 650x593
>>24576376
>wherever i go i'll leave a trail of broken hearts behind me
>>
>>24573995
Most normies play video games, start with that topic, and then just move on to other things, if you're still in school, during class ask someone for help with something, then just say, hey dude you like *insert normie game that you've played extensively here*(do not mention sonic or any other extremely mainstream game the love of cthulhu), and mention interesting topics as you go on, whether it be literature, movies, animation, or other types of media (do not talk about porn or hentai, nothing erotic). Do not talk about philosophy or other interesting things like that until you've atleast known them for about a month.

List of games
GTA5
Fallout
COD
Battlefield
TF2
League of legends
Super Smash

I always start with "hey dude you play *list of games*" and then start talking about the game with them, if they don't play that one game in the list, say "then you play *another game on list*", if they still don't play, "well how about *yet another game on the list*", and if they still don't play abort by saying "ok, oh um I still need help with this" and getting the help that you don't really need but asked for.

This is obvious but don't ask anybody that clearly doesn't game, this approach is only for gamer friends and nerds in general, and this approach can be applied to comics, TV shows and other types of media in general, this approach makes you look like that one nerd in class and will attract other gamers and nerds in general.

This is not for Stacies or women, again obvious.

This is approach is for learning some social skills and making a few friends. It will help you develop heuristic approaches to social interaction and is for the typical robot.

This is what normies mean by "go out and gain social skills".
>>
>>24576376
>wherever i go i'll leave a trail of broken hearts behind me

Top kek

What song did you rip this off from?
>>
File: 1447036330755.png (31 KB, 734x1472) Image search: [Google]
1447036330755.png
31 KB, 734x1472
I thought the normies got bored and left.

Why is every thread still full of the same garbage advice and hostile motivational speeches.
>>
>>24576491
Honestly what kind of advice do you expect? The kind which agrees with your worldview exclusively? I mean people could do that but they'd be just slightly tweaking the same "garbage advice" to something more cynical and robot friendly.
>>
>>24576324
What part of michigan
>>
>>24576541
>robot
>friendly

Robots are robots for a reason m8, we can see through the bullshit that gets thrown at us.
>>
>>24576580
lol. youre a robot because youre a piece of shit.
>>
>>24576580
>robot-friendly
>>
>>24576548
the southern part

like south of kalamazoo part

west of three rivers part
>>
>>24574807
These are center-right faggots, not all right-wingers have this mentality
>>
>>24576604
Sounds like you're using me as a scapegoat to hide your subhuman tendencies.
>>
>>24576580
i think robots are genuinely good guys who have been so deeply wounded that they can't put faith in anything but themselves
>>
>>24576580
In the off chance you were serious, no, robots actually suck at seeing through bullshit unless it's the kind of bullshit which would be obvious to anyone with a brain. All that stuff is dependent on social skills, which robots don't have. Even in the few cases where they can, they're still easy to manipulate because most of the time they're too beta and either pick the path of least resistance or blindly do what they're told to not make people upset.
>>
>>24576541
How about normies stop giving unsolicited advice. Most people just want to vent and talk about their experiences, and commiserate with their fellow robots. But a guy can't even make a complaint on here anymore without Chad coming in and shitting all over him.
>>
>>24576673
And that's why putting up with everything isn't necessary. Any sane person with half a brain could pick up on what any person is up to, too bad most of them fall short or go over-analytical and cause misunderstandings.
>>
>>24574824
sure, I never have heard anyone smack talk someone, laugh behind their back or just ridicule and diminish his identity. Totally everyone accepts everyone else and you will get super honest friends that love you by liking and being outspoken about everything.
>>
>>24576491
I don't know why it always has to be condescending. And the tone is pretty much the same throughout every single one of those posts, you'd think they were written by the same person.
>>
>>24576469
Hmmm, this seems somewhat sound
>>
>>24576469
Did that, got left out.

Same thing with other hobbies and interests.
>>
>>24576926
Yes most robots are this shit at socializing that they need this to help them
>>
>>24576628
I go to WMU and I live in a town on the border of Indiana and michigan
>>
>>24576926
Doesn't work if you don't have the drive to socialize. Learn to control your emotions, go get treatment if you are depressed or autistic in the non-meme sense.
>>
I don't even want friends. I just want a qtgf
>>
>>24577095
I've hung out with a lot of people.

There's always that person in the group that would stir up drama or talk smack behind your back.

>>24577129
I'm trying to get as much time alone as I can, having to be around people is draining.
>>
>>24577129
Yup, but I thought this thread was for people who "wanted" to learn how to socialize
>>
>>24576469
tfw almost 6000 hours of tf2
>>
>>24577166
They can google that how-to, this thread is just another shitposting thread.
>>
>>24577121
we could potentially hang out my man
>>
>>24573995
Its something you learn with experience. I see a lot of success after years of practice, but I still make many social mistakes.
>>
>>24573995
Hey man, it seems like you know a thing or two.

Tomorrow I will go meet a tutor at a cafe, because I can't receive him at my place.

What is the custom? Do I order something for myself and him then pick a spot and stay there for the whole 2 hour session?

Do I have to reorder stuff at reasonable interval?

I don't want to act like a scumbag.

Also, how do I hand him his pay? Do I roll it and give the roll to him? Do I put it in an envelop?
>>
>>24577229
Put it in an envelope, but hand it to him once you're done with the session.

If you want to order something, you might as well order once he's around.
>>
>>24577164
>I'm trying to get as much time alone as I can, having to be around people is draining.
This is coincidentally the definite way to know whether you're an extrovert or an introvert. If socializing tires you and feels like a responsibility, you're an introvert. If it's the other way round you're an extrovert.

You just have to find people whose companionship you genuinely enjoy rather than trying to imitate normies (the quintessential /r9k/-meme-style normie is an extrovert, so trying to socialize in a normie way is literally going against your nature).

It is entirely possible to change from a introvert to an extrovert, but god knows how to consistently do it. Far easier to do it the other way, since you only need to get depression or something of the sort.
>>
>>24577229
Yes order something for yourself and him and stay there for the whole 2hrs, no need to reorder

Just give him the money, neatly.
>>
>>24577305
The problem is, this country's culture immediately sees one as abnormal if you aren't as talkative as they are. They get all flustered once there is a moment of "awkward" silence.
>>
>>24577281
>>24577317

Okay cool, this is a normal practice, right?

Will they ask us to leave?
>>
>>24577164
>>24577415
Just say goodbye and leave
>>
>>24577415
Once they see that you've finished consuming your order. Get a cup of coffee or two if the tutoring takes longer than usual. It's impolite to lounge around in a restaurant or cafe for too long once you're done with your meal and drink.
>>
>>24577347
Learning to do small talk is rather trivial once you learn to not spill spaghetti during normal socialization. You just have to learn to not give as much of a shit about the things which come out of your mouth and be open-ended. It's also a nuisance to normal people, nobody particularly likes small talk. It's just a courtesy.
>>
>>24577466
>small talk

Most are busy being too shy or too scared. Otherwise we just run out of things to go on about or no common ground at all.

Jesus Christ, there are even people who flipped out when they saw me.
>>
>>24577683
How about big talk then?
>>
>>24577756
>muh offense
>"it's boring"
>I don't want another lecture
>pretends to listen

Every time it's a combination of any of the above.
>>
>>24577455
Actually saw in the review of the place that they will come and tell you to buy stuff.

I guess it is not so bad, as long as I buy something, I can stay there indefinitely.
>>
File: 1359934601912.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1359934601912.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
>>24575545
Why do people always assume it's always fucking arrogance when it comes to this sort of thing? It's not about thinking I'm fucking special or some shit, or some dumbass "fuck the normies" mindset, I just really don't feel like I fit in with anyone because they're always much better off without having to tag my ass along too so why fucking bother? I'd just be an extra wheel at best and awkwardly fuck up the dynamic and atmosphere at worst.
>>
File: 1426715014559.png (832 KB, 1009x6647) Image search: [Google]
1426715014559.png
832 KB, 1009x6647
Read this. Pic related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_4JmGCt-Q
>>
>>24577842
Because they get pissed off at anyone or anything, save yourself the trouble and go solo.
>>
File: 1446305445242.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446305445242.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>24577876
Pic is great way to describe how I feel, thanks anon.
>>
File: 1433552439508.jpg (194 KB, 802x599) Image search: [Google]
1433552439508.jpg
194 KB, 802x599
>>24573995
Here's my normalfag advice.
>>
>>24577876
Well. I felt awful before clicking this and now I feel worse.
t-thanks anon?
>>
File: 1443497116498.png (867 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
1443497116498.png
867 KB, 1264x1460
>>24578702
The truth hurts.

...doesn't it?
>>
>>24577876
That makes me think. You spend your whole life in miserable anonymity, slaving away for some token of happiness that you see is meaningless as soon as you get it, and then eventually you die. Either you kill yourself or something kills you, it doesn't really make a difference. Then all the normalfags that knew you will say that it's a shame you're dead, that you were such a great guy, that you were always a ray of sunshine or some shit like that. They didn't care about you and they don't care now. They just want to feel good about themselves. You were always just a tool to them, a way of feeling better. A little check mark in the box that says "supports a depressed person" as a symbol of how virtuous and noble they are. That's right-- not even the end of your life changes anything with them.
>>
>>24578844
I don't really feel as if there is an absolute truth.
>>
>>24578907
Get a hobby :)
>>
>>24577842
Better off how? If you think your average normie cares about 3 minutes of awkward in 3 hours, you're wrong. If they know you, they know you're weird. When they ask you along, they're after goofy-but-handles-his-shit. It's only a problem when it turns into I-better-fucking-watching-this-guy.

Most of being an adult is wading through lukewarm interactions in order to get shit done and the older people get, the less they give a fuck whether someone actually interests them, only whether they're being difficult. If you're going somewhere, say your how do you dos, introduce yourself and how you got to be there to the plebs who don't know, get what you came for and leave when you have better shit to do. Remember what they tell you in small talk and bring it up next time - real basic shit. If you think things are dragging, go make a call or have a smoke. Feeling out of place isn't a problem for anyone else until you make it their problem. If you've been chill the whole time and someone starts you on it, most people with think it's on that guy because they're fucking up the dynamic.

And yeah, you will run into people you actually want to bullshit with.
>>
>>24579302
How to get to know people at college?
>>
>>24575545
wew laddio
>>
You all make a big deal out of it. You try harder than it should be and the you fail.
Gee.
>>
>>24579453
Make up your damn mind. One moment you normies complain about how we don't try hard enough so we deserve this, and now you have the audacity to claim that we try TOO hard?
>>
>Why are you a virgin bro
>You just need to get out there and fuck some hoe bro

I'm not sticking my dick in some fuck all nasty skank
>>
>>24579437
underrated comment
(potential meme)
>>
>>24579592
your hand actually has more bacteria than nasty skank tho
>>
>>24579647
please like and subscribe
>>
>>24579453
You're making the wrong assumption that it's just as easy to behave normally for those autists as it is for other people. They don't have a basic social skillset to fall back on so in a way they HAVE to try hard.
>>
>>24579733
Do people ever try soft?
>>
>>24579658
I don't think my hand has any STDs

I could be wrong
>>
>>24579803
Probably not going to infect yourself with HPV at this rate.
>>
>>24579803
That depends, do they tell you it is just a cold sore?
>>
File: 1375684304859.jpg (200 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
1375684304859.jpg
200 KB, 500x647
>>24579684
the one and only time,
i wish i could
>>
>>24579417
Have a reason for being where you are and go from there.

Communal dining? You're there to fucking eat, ask if a seat is taken and be about your business. Ask for people to pass shit when you can't reach it, timetables for whatever if you need to know. If the talking goes back and forth and you don't know them, say you don't think you've met and offer your first name. Most of the time, normies will introduce themselves anyway. "You're a ____ year, right?" or "You're a ____ student, right?" is shooting conversational fish in a barrel - it's that right level of innocuous you're going for. If they're Eng, ask Mech or Civil. If they're Eco, ask Macro or Micro. If they're Med, that's like 90 contact hours a week, right? You get the idea - play to the stereotypes, even sperglords get flattered when they think they're getting consideration.

If you've got an interest, join a club. You'll already have the talking points you need - vidya, chess, whatever. Bullshit and ask questions about stuff you don't know; club types want to be helpful.

If you're in a tutorial, you're there to figure this shit out. Ask about shit you need to know, demonstrate that you have understood what people have told you with further questions. Joke about it if you're slow on the uptake, bullshit about stuff you might have in common. Help people where you can, if you want to. Ask if there's anywhere nearby you can drink if it's been a long day, semester, assignment, whatever.

Smoking area? Get there, pull out a cig, pat yourself down and ask for a lighter. Sometimes there will be small talk, sometimes there won't. Ask something they might know (opening/closing/timetables/deadlines) if you need to know something.

Bottom line is, common experiences and rapport bond people, so be where you need to be and start building both.
>>
>>24580250
hmmm, I have spend much of my time keeping to myself these few years

to actually do stuff, right?

I'm an Asian btw, but for some reason, I can't even get along well with them
>>
>>24580250

>put myself out there at uni
>greet people in classes, chat to people on campus
>invariably they'll sit somewhere else next class or something
>never get beyond pleasantties
>tfw nobody has ever approached me first or tried to engage

First day of some bullshit history subject we had to do a group exercise and this rude normalslime was tired or some bullshit and ignored me and set there with his head on his desk, even when I said hello and asked about the work, but immediately after class was chatting with his fellow normies
>>
>>24580448
If you're at college, you've got shit to do. If you've got shit to do, there are places you need to do it and have a right to do it in. Nobody can really fuck with that.

Study in the studying area, eat in the dining hall, ask about shit you need to know in classes. Even if you haven't left your room in years, you've gotta apparently make something of your life/pay the fucking bills, and you have that in common with everyone else. The struggle is real, nobody copes perfectly and normies bullshit to pass the time and feel better about it with the people close to hand.

Dunno 'bout your race relations, but unless you're from somewhere else and your english isn't strong, nobody is going to call you out for not sticking with the lookalikes.
>>
>>24580732
That's true. When I actually do stuff that I should be doing (e.g. study), I feel much more adequate and at ease, than browsing the memes with lingering worries and being semi-uncomfortable.

I think I also gave less of damn because I had less to worry about. But that is not consistent. One day can be heaven, the next can be hell for me. It is strange like that.

But thank you man, for your words of encouragement. May we all find our ways.
>>
>>24580581
Hey dude, sounded like he got in the way of doing the shit you needed to do. You're now playing the adult game, and you play your cards as society expects a normie to.

You start off with something like "You right buddy?" and escalate as necessary - nobody likes a guy who goes from 0 to 100 at a drop of a hat, it's just not normal. Guy wants to sleep in class? Too fucking bad, you don't want to be here either, RL is rough like that. Ask if he's good to start work in a bit. If he doesn't even respond, walk up to whoever is taking the class and say you don't think XYZ is feeling good and nothing is getting done - be apologetic and downplay how bad it is. They'll sort that shit out. If he starts on you for doing it, well fuck dude, better not look like you're dying if you don't want people to call an ambulance.

As for the rest, you're there to do what you need to, socializing is only a bonus. You will spend an hour chatting to people and thereafter not go beyond "Hey [NAME]" again. It may even just devolve into a curt nod and no recognition after a few weeks. If you haven't caught on, life is pretty fucking fickle.

Maybe all you get out of small talk is practice, but if you're fated to have a shot at all, it's either going to lead to that shot or come in real fucking handy in all manner of situations. Don't feel too raw about it though - day-student colleges generally aren't very good social mixers.
>>
>>24580899
Safe journey dude, just make it to the singularity alive and you'll be sweet.
>>
>>24574789
The problem with this is it doesnt lead to conversation. These people dont reciprocate any effort so it just becomes you learning about, whichis pointless cause they suck
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.