[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on white privilege?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 26
File: white-privilege-4.jpg (97 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
white-privilege-4.jpg
97 KB, 625x417
Opinion on white privilege?
>>
>>24572717

just something non-whites project their insecurities onto desu
>>
just fuck off desu
>>
I like this thread. Victimism is very fun.
>>
File: la-regle-du-jeu.jpg (33 KB, 715x320) Image search: [Google]
la-regle-du-jeu.jpg
33 KB, 715x320
Doesn't exist. White people have a standard, not a privilege. Others have a privilege because they don't want to work for something, they want it given to them because they are X, which is privilege.
>>
Slavery + Jim Crow did cripple the black community economically from which they haven't really recovered.
But it's the same thing you see in any poorer group, regardless of race.
>>
Can't have an opinion on something that isn't real
>>
It's not real, basically just special snowflake syndrome.
>>
it doesn't exist
>>
>>24572717
It's bullshit.

The only type of "privilege" I believe in is economic privilege. LeBron James' or Jay-Z's kids are infinitely more privileged than I could ever hope to be as a white male.
>>
I don't care anymore. Let the world drown in shit.
>>
>>24572717
i feel bad for the sane white people that realize that everyone has some form of "privilege"
its white people and some minorities that really take 'white privilege' hate and self-hatred to a whole new level
>>
>>24572785
Yes you can though.
Like that statement you just said is just not true. Like "claiming black is white" level of untrue and there is no real rebuttal for it.
>>
I guess it's true to a sense, so whenever a SJW tells me I have privilege, I just nod and walk away.
>>
It is a real thing. I'll give you an amazingly common example: whites do not have to be subjected to the utterly patronizing comments of "omg you speak so white lol XD". Why is it that I have to be white to speak with proper English? It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>24572778
It crippled the oldest generation of black people alive today, it did not cripple their entire race.
>>
>>24572717
It exists, but it doesn't matter.

Listen to based Charlamagne.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFyC0H4cEmg
>>
>people are equal (unquestionable axiom according to lefties)
>but when we see reality, this is not the case
So
>there must be some other factor influencing society
>ill call it "privilege" and "oppression"
It's double think used by lefties to justify their outdated enlightenment tier ideology
>>
>>24572863
Do whites tell you that or other blacks?
>>
It's really just in-group/out-group biases at this point. Every race has favorable bias towards their own, it just so happens there are more white people than all the other races in America and they also have nicer things since they've been here longer and were never enslaved so everybody wants to be apart of their in-group.
>>
>>24572863
But whites are subjected to black crime far more commonly than vice versa.

We all get the short of the stick in certain aspects of life -- get over it.
>>
>>24572863
>someone makesa passing comment
>omg there is a big conspiracy to keep da black people down!
>>
>>24572717
Every race has privilege in certain situations. It's just that yelling about white people is more socially acceptable
>>
>>24572934
Lol this
>a white girl mentioned race in a way I do not approve of
>this cancels out the fact that almost all interracial violent crime is blacks attacking whites
>>
It happens

but there really isn't shit I can do about its inherent existence because I'm white, so I don't have much reason to care about it.
>>
I have never heard that term be used by anyone besides white people.
>>
File: 20120913022620454.png (173 KB, 339x340) Image search: [Google]
20120913022620454.png
173 KB, 339x340
>>24572873
>It crippled the people that raised them, not them
>>
File: gator babies.jpg (43 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
gator babies.jpg
43 KB, 500x406
Reminder that niggers are literally bait to be fed to alligators and that is their purpose in life.

Let's ask the alligator what he thinks about white privilege.
>>
Actually there is not white privilege. There is just the non-white disadvantage. Whether or not you agree that should be the case (and most of you like it that way) it's still true.

>hurr dur go back to your own country

Okay fine, but that's proof that a non-white disadvantage does exist. You just think it's correct.
>>
Nobody can explain what it is. Its more like an excuse.
>>
>>24573028
It's circumstantial dis-advantage, around your own people in the country a white person or any other race of people that isn't your own will be dis-advantaged.
>>
>>24572875
damn this was a great video
who is this guy he was on point
>>
Do asians have privilege?
>>
File: Blacks can't be robots.jpg (1 MB, 2212x2972) Image search: [Google]
Blacks can't be robots.jpg
1 MB, 2212x2972
It does not exist, with the exception of in the dating world.

Whites are near universally the most attractive or still considerably attractive to every race of women. This is the most clear with Asian women, who throw themselves at white men, even if they're not Chad, even if they're beta. http://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/24448512/#24448512

You can spam muh BBC memes all you want, but the reality of the situation is most white women (or nonblack women in general) aren't into black guys, those few who are only want the black equivalent of Chad. If you are white, you at least have SOME chance with minorities regardless of whether or not you're beta. I'm not saying that you're guaranteed to get an Asian gf on the virtue of being white, but that it's more likely. In dating, you have more of a chance than an Asian beta, a black beta, or an Indian beta, all other factors equal.
>>
>>24573146
You racist. Everything good nonwhites get, they worked for. Everything good whites get, its privilege
>>
>>24573080
>No one can explain what it is

>less likely than minorities to get shot by cops
>less likely than minorities to get pulled over
>more likely than equally qualified minorities to get hired
>more lenient prison sentences than minorities for the same crime

There ya go.
>>
>>24573184
those are because white people are much less likely to be criminals
>>
>>24573184
Again, those are things that are caused by this supposed white privilege. As I said excuses. Why are there more blacks in jail? Le white privilege maymay!
>>
>>24573184
>>less likely than minorities to get shot by cops
Only less likely than black people
>>less likely than minorities to get pulled over
Only less likely than blacks and maybe hispanics
>>more likely than equally qualified minorities to get hired
Only if a white person is hiring. I haven't seen anyone compare qualified whites to qualified asians/hispanics either.
>>more lenient prison sentences than minorities for the same crime
Largely due to lower income of black/hispanics which leads them to have public defenders who would rather settle than fight sentences.
>>
>>24573013
People can go on to be successful without having successful (rich) grandparents or parents, not all money in this world is blue-blooded. Most American money is earned and not handed to them now.
>>
>>24572863
"Wah, an individual hoited my feelwings." Do Turks make a point to look out for the Whites whose land they stole? White privilege is having our ethnic holdings around the world invaded and then being told we're collectively responsible for all our crimes but not our accomplishments and also "we don't actually exist". The only real White privilege is that genetics. P.S. we're the only race mature (or naive) enough to actually internally be comcerned with other races even when they commit large scale crimes against us on a daily basis.
>>
>>24573184
Only thing I'll give you here is the prison sentences.

And that all comes down to Crack Fucking Cocaine.

If you wanna pinpoint the exact reason why the black community is the way it is look no further than that white rock.

>reason for the welfare state
>reason for gangs
>reason for so many blacks in prisoon
>>
>>24573288
>most American money is earned and not handed
Yeah but those people have had their educations paid for them by their parents.
Black families that put less emphasis on education don't tend to accomplish close to as much.
>>
>>24573184
Adjusted for the homicide rate, whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks die at the hands of police.
>>
>>24572863
Here in brazil, black people get more slots reserved for them. Just because they are black.

Black privilege?
>>
I'm white.

I have no friends, no job, no money. I've never had a girlfriend, never even touched a girl. I try to be polite and helpful to everyone, but people refuse to so much as make small talk with me. I was homeless and turned away from shelters and soup kitchens and been refused government aide that could have helped me.

I'm pretty sure if some cunt ever told me to my face that I'm privileged I'd break her nose.
>>
>>24572875
Skip to 4:00

Pretty much says it all.

Privilege and favoritism will always exist. It's not even exclusive to "Whites". And there is nothing you can do about it. Work on yourself and stop playing the victim 24/7.
>>
>>24573374
>muh environment

You can pretty much just walk into any college if your skin is dark enough.
>>
>>24573241
>Why are there more blacks in jail?
I'll explain do you right now. It has a lot do with the war on drugs that president nixion started during his presidency. More then half of the prison population today are in there because of drug related offences which is completely idiotic.

Now low income black people are a large percentage of these drug related arrests.But it's mostly due to the fact that, that is literally the only source of economic growth for them. Selling and buying drugs is the only way these blacks are going to get anywhere considering they live in the ghetto.
>>
No such thing to be quite honest with you familam
>>
File: euro.png (25 KB, 193x201) Image search: [Google]
euro.png
25 KB, 193x201
>>24573184
>list some domestic American race issues
>Believe that those domestic American issues give the entire white race some form of privilege

Wow could you check your American privilege?! I identify as Eurokin and am TRANS-Atlantic! You fucking insensitive shitlord!
>>
File: 005.jpg (46 KB, 549x563) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
46 KB, 549x563
>"white master race" is nazi mumbo jumbo and there is no scientific evidence to back it up, and it would be super racist to claim whites are above everything
>all people, every race, all genders, sexualities etc. are equal in every single way
>but white people still need to check their "white privilege" because they have it naturally better for some reason

It's literally the "white master race" thing, but seen from the other end of the spectrum.
>>
60% of rapists are white cis men
>>
>>24573617
I believe that.
>>
>>24573495
>believing this
Come on man, affirmative action only comes into play when deciding between two students of with the same grades. 70% of the black population are never taught to take school seriously and will never get grades that a college will look at, let alone if they could afford it.
>>
>r9k so quick to dismiss white privilege
>endless threads about female privilege

Every group has positive assumptions that society ascribes to them

E.g.,

anon being black means:
People assume anon has a huge dick
People assume anon is good at basketball

anon being asian means:
People assume anon is talented in STEM fields

anon being white means:
Not much. In western society being white means you have all the benchmark expectations, which is a-ok.

But look at the negative stereotypes:
>Blacks
violent, stupid, poor

>Asians
exclusionary, bad at English, "yellow cabs" (stereotype of the Oriental whore)

>White
Not much until recently. Now it's the whole angry white male with guns.

Of course, with whites (and particularly white males) being the dominant demographic in the West, people single out white privileges as being the most flagrant and beneficial (which makes sense, as they are the dominant group).

This is nothing new. If blacks were on top we'd be having an argument about systemic black privilege.

Sidebar: I don't subscribe to tumblr beliefs, but understanding them allows for thoughtful discussion.

Tl;Dr: everybody has some sort of privilege, but the dominant group's privilege is vilified the most.
>>
File: 3563636.gif (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3563636.gif
172 KB, 400x400
>black person is successful, is civilized, likes to dress up nicely, etc.
>he's "acting white"

now hol up
*smacks lips*
so you be saying is the white man is keeping you down?
>>
A shoddy means of constructing the world used by activists to gain power. It should by rejected on principle.
>>
File: crab_nicholson_on_the_beach.jpg (147 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
crab_nicholson_on_the_beach.jpg
147 KB, 960x539
Hispanic here.

Priviledge is a stupid excuse retarded white people make to make other white people feel bad about themselves.

It's not anyone's fucking fault if you have to act like a flambouyant faggot in public, or that you think shaving your hair and dying it purple with multiple facial piercings is okay for work.

From my experience most people don't give a fuck about what other people do so long as they don't look like fucking idiots or fucking autists.

For example anyone would be scared of a white guy wearing a trench coat just like anyone would be scared of a nigger wearing baggy clothing.

No one makes you wear these things, you bring the oppression on yourself. And it's not anyone else's fault but your own damn race that those clothings are associated with violence.

Why would anyone fucking respect spics as a whole when they act like stupid dogs shooting one another to "rep" their hood? It starts from within our race, we should demand respect from others when we don't have it from each other.

Fuck all this labeling and calling people cis gendered and priviledged. So what if I like people of the opposite sex? Why punish me for that? I can help it as much as you can't help that you're a faggot.

Let people live their lives and if they encroach, tell them off.
>>
>>24573495
Affirmative action helps whites get into schools too. If it were just about grades then every place would be taken by asians.
>>
>>24572717
We will all die anyway whats the big deal
>>
>>24573729
cuz we woz kings n sheeeit, nicka.
>>
>>24572911
Not the original anon, but every time I've ever been accused of "acting white" just for speaking proper English and doing well in school it's been a white person that said it.

I don't give a fuck about it, but I always see people saying its only blacks that do this to each other, when that's complete bullshit.
>>
>>24573687
No matter how hard you suck up to white people like this, just know that you'll always be a dirty spic to them regardless.
>>
File: aa.jpg (309 KB, 1366x610) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
309 KB, 1366x610
>>24572717
I am less likely to be racially discriminated against which is a privilege I guess, but that is supposed to be a good thing.

If you were black and hated white people, what would you do? You'd dress it up in anti-racism of course, you'd also frame white people as being privileged and use that as a justification to take from them. Makes perfect sense.

Not all anti-racists are like that of course, just a few bad apples.
>>
>>24573778
I'm saying everyone who believes this shit is an idiot-- let people be.

In any case, feels good to have a white significant other bro.
>>
>>24572717
You can't tell me with a straight face that a white man born into working class in Ukraine is more privileged than a black middle class woman in the US.
>>
>>24572717
Codeword for white supremacy. Fuck off you Nazi
>>
try being a 5'5 male, you people know nothing about oppression.
>>
It isn't real
>>
>>24573752
For me it's ever really blacks. They would usually say, "You lizen to wite people music," or "you drez like a wite boy." My own family said stuff like this. Just learn to ignore it. Were all robots, so it doesn't matter. You people getting butthurt by a bunch of trolls wont do anything either.
>>
>>24572717
I can understand the concept with European culture being ahead of shitty Africans/Arabs we've been exploiting for centuries.

But I don't give a shit.
>>
>>24573781
my graduate program literally has a scholarship for URMs even though the school is so ridiculously diverse as it is.
>>
>>24572717
it's the speak of white c ucks and minorities with victim complexes
notice how when minorities had legitimate concerns, privilege wasn't a thing
I can't take white people who use this word seriously
>>
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EcM1sHM48E
>>
File: whitegenocide.jpg (9 KB, 272x136) Image search: [Google]
whitegenocide.jpg
9 KB, 272x136
Yeah white privilege to life is horrible, fortunatly they will all be killed soon.
>>
>>24572717
It's a diversion tactic to create tension between the black and white community.
>>
>>24572785
Who would win in a fight between gandalf and legolas?
>>
>>24572875
Everything he said is spot on apart from the part where he supported favouritism - that's just an excuse for racism, nepotism etc.
>>
>>24572911
I've had mostly white people say that to me
>>
>>24574960
pippin
>>
>>24572863

Sounds more like a case of retarded individuals than institutionalized privilege. By law there is no such thing in the US, except for affirmative action
>>
Let's entertain the thought that 'white privilege' exists

What the fuck do you want to do about it? What do you expect whites to do honestly?
>>
>>24576216
Let 'minorities' breed you out of existence.
>>
>>24573159
>only hear stories of niggers trying to date asian / white women
literally nature telling you to stick to other black chicks
you can be as liberal as you want, but inside people are only attracted to their own race
>>
If you seriously think there's a such thing as white privilege, or girls only like white guys, come to louisiana
I have been rejected so many fucking times because girls of every race prefer blacks here
I have never had a gf, but even the fattest, smelliest guys here have gfs because they're black
If you feel oppressed, ducking come down here, it's like oppoSite day 24/7
>>
File: 1442542974368.png (80 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1442542974368.png
80 KB, 228x228
love how booty blasted white people are on the subject of race nowadays

>b-black people are racist too!!
>i-i've experienced racism as well!!
>w-white privilege doesn't exist!!

keep on receiving them dank L's whitey
>>
>>24576243
But that would be genocide
>>
>>24576337
Literally any response from a white about racism is "butthurt /pol/fag shit"

You can't win
>>
File: 1440908023179.jpg (8 KB, 211x193) Image search: [Google]
1440908023179.jpg
8 KB, 211x193
>>24576321
>i can't get a gf so i'm oppressed!

this has to be bait
>>
It's not privilege when it's owing to our superiority.
>>
>>24576400
Did I ever say I was oppressed
No
Did I say I live in a area where girls prefer black guys?
Yes
I plan on getting out of this shithole and into a place where being white isn't a bad thing with women
>>
I'm a white male and I definitely believe it exists. When I lived in a city with aboriginals, even when the aboriginals were reasonably nice people - whites didn't want them around, it's basically an aesthetic thing, whites see abos as ugly so abos aren't really tolerated within white culture. Even most vocal white activists on racism will speak up for aboriginal rights, but you know that they wouldn't invite and aboriginal male around for dinner anytime.

It's the same thing as a white male, I'm peripheralised because I don't have neotonous looks like a woman. I imagine for a black American male they'd experience the same shit. Just as black female slaves were treated better, often lived in the home of a slaveowner while the men were being worked to death in the searing heat, and black female slaves were freed in greater numbers than male slaves - black males must have a hard as fuck time getting anywhere because they're not tolerated, they're less "attractive", etc.

Female privilege (in all races) is significantly more of a reality than white privilege, though. The average black American female has more status and 'value' to society than an average white male.
>>
File: 678.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
678.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>invent everything worth inventing
>create the best art, best literature, best philosophy, best science, best laws, best civilization, best everything
>be the best at literally everything
>chill out for a while
>get bored
>conquer basicaIIy entire world in the span of a few generations
>draw pictures of yourself standing astride continents
>rename brown people's entire homelands after your fat bitch queen
>import all the good stuff god accidentally put on the continents of lesser peoples, turn them into factories to produce it
>chill out for a while, content to have defeated space and time
>get bored again
>try having some massive planet-spanning internecine wars
>develop ability to destroy entire world because why not
>finally get bored of even that
>need to devise a new way to fuck with inferior races
>decide to invite them into our homes, let them shit all over the walls, condescend to them and patronize them
>even tolerate them becoming whiny and spoiled and feeling entitled to it
>even tolerate their insults and pathetic admonishments that they are entitled to our homes and we don't deserve them
>lift our inferiors onto our shoulders for a goof, the view ruined by the knowledge that they only have it at the sufferance of the giant who is lifting them
>give everything to them when it is precisely not having things handed to you that makes you strong some day, permanently othering them
>remain the eternal Same
>remain kings of the universe
>still run their homelands as slave factories for mass producing baseball hats and tampons
>>
File: 1435984729667.jpg (96 KB, 620x827) Image search: [Google]
1435984729667.jpg
96 KB, 620x827
>>24572875
>tfw Azalea Banks tweeted that she only masturbates to white male/black female porn
>tfw I just realized that was probably a shooped tweet meant to troll

Fug ;__;
>>
>>24576468
Pasta or not, this post was epic in the literal sense of the word.
>>
>>24576461
>aboriginals
they are a subspecies of humanoid.
>>
File: 1446958979957.jpg (56 KB, 970x664) Image search: [Google]
1446958979957.jpg
56 KB, 970x664
>>24576511
Oh, it's real. Thank heavens.

https://twitter.com/AZEALIABANKS/status/564012125597622274?lang=en
>>
File: rgrg.png (68 KB, 580x546) Image search: [Google]
rgrg.png
68 KB, 580x546
>>24576574

She seems pretty based.
>>
File: 1439590033297.jpg (9 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1439590033297.jpg
9 KB, 279x229
>>24576468
>i won't take responsibility for my ancestors contributing to slavery but i will take responsibility for everything else that they did

ayyyyy lmao f a m
>>
>>24572717
A lot of the things that people take as "white privilege" like
--More likely to learn about people who look like you in school
--More likely to have a boss or supervisor of your race
--More likely to have your name pronounced right

That shit isn't "white privilege" that's "living in your own country privilege". That's the biggest shit that American SJWs don't understand. America is a white country. Western Europe is a white country. It's better to be white in these countries because they belong to us.

There ain't no fucking white privilege in Saudi Arabia. There ain't no fucking white privilege in China, Japan, South Africa, Vietnam, India, etc.
>>
>>24573694
>Affirmative action helps whites get into schools too.
You mean white women, right?
>>
File: DFG.png (509 KB, 700x597) Image search: [Google]
DFG.png
509 KB, 700x597
>>24576634
>implying I don't take responsibility for slavery
>implying my great great great great grandad didn't own your great great great great granddad
>implying I don't own your soul by the divine right of white might
>>
File: 1440294228809.png (270 KB, 505x477) Image search: [Google]
1440294228809.png
270 KB, 505x477
>>24576447
>If you feel oppressed, ducking come down here, it's like oppoSite day 24/7

>i swear i wasn't implying i was being oppressed, honest!
>>
>>24573694
Not really. The net effect on whites is close to null across the board. On a pure meritocracy whites would keep their enrollment percentage roughly consistent. The tip top Ivys would get more Asian, yes, but on an aggregate basis if all race-based quotas ended tomorrow, whites wouldn't see much of a change in enrollment across the board.

Affirmative action in 2015 is a system designed to benefit blacks and penalize Asians. There aren't enough Asians in the US to make it a super huge issue but that's what's going to stop AA in the end; the fact that one minority is subsidizing all other minorities.
>>
>>24576634
>all this slavery guilt tripping
>meanwhile niggers in africa still enslave each other
>>
File: implying africa.jpg (121 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
implying africa.jpg
121 KB, 960x738
I'm in a 90% black neighborhood with 1 black parent and 1 white, with 2 white sisters, and I'm not feeling that white privilege anywhere.
Feels good to know that I'm capable of rational thought and feel no desire to chimp out, though, so I guess that's nice.
>tfw can't post a webm of a nigger with a mouth ring the size of a football because lmao 2mb limit
>>
>>24576634
>slavery
OK even though slavery is the overall result of blacks selling other blacks into slavery we'll own that one.

For reparations we've paid for 150 years of black welfare, jailing, free health care, etc. The overall net cost is trillions. We'll ignore the reparations that black America owes to white America and give any black who wants it a free 1 way ticket to Sweden or Germany or Africa as long as they formally renounce their citizenship and hand in their passport.

Sound fair?
>>
File: 1441366178571.gif (926 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
1441366178571.gif
926 KB, 383x383
>>24576705
>white people enslaving an entire race for hundreds of years is the same as a select few black people in africa enslaving each other

damn! you got me
>>
>>24576809
Only a select few white people enslaved blacks though. And they bought those blacks off other blacks.
>>
>>24576809
>entire race
most of them were already owned slaves sold to whites, their lives might have arguably been worse had they not been taken to the us, and the lives of their children
>>
>>24572717
I definitely get treated different because my last name is sanchez. Yesterday for example I was playing gta5 and two hackers randomly choose my name to spoof and blame for mass nuking the server do everyone can blame "the fucking spic". Then irl I take after my german grandfather and I have white as fuck skin blue eyes. White people always buddy up to me in their social group thinking I'm one of them. Growing up all the Mexican looking kids with dark skin would always talk shittome when i know like half of them were half breeds and their dad was usually black anyways. I feel like im seen as white and people ignore me and I'm just another person. I also get all this shit about white people attached to me like people give me weird looks for listening to rap or expect me to know what dressingis when they mean stuffing and shit. Also I'm like niggers or make some reference to beaners and people think I'm some racist white person and im like I am hispanic and I hate those 3rd world country fucks (one even cut me off at lunch) giving me looks like how dare I be white and talk shit about those filthy beasts that I have no idea what it feels like to be a target of racism.
>>
File: knuckles lights up.png (199 KB, 456x392) Image search: [Google]
knuckles lights up.png
199 KB, 456x392
Not giving it a (lel) but
>implicating that niggers haven't enslaved themselves since the beginning of time
>implying the implication that a couple hundred years of based whitebros slavin them made any difference
tbqhwyf niggers are still living in mudhuts, if they were capable of bringing themselves up they woulda to be honest bh
>>
>>24576809
implying there aren't more slaves now in Africa than at the height of the slave trade
>>
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, I'm "privileged" because my ancestors worked harder than yours?
>>
>>24576921
>more slaves now in Africa than at the height of the slave trade

[citation needed]
>>
>>24576878
>their lives might have arguably been worse had they not been taken to the us

this is most certainly bait
>>
^
>"we/they wuz kings n shit" -(you)
>>
>>24577016
Well they don't have aids....sorta. It's definitely much lower than the rest of Africa.
Like a 70% chance of hiv if you are a black male to female transsexual
>>
>>24576968
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/10/17/this-map-shows-where-the-worlds-30-million-slaves-live-there-are-60000-in-the-u-s/
Here you go. Almost 1% of sub-saharan Africa is currently enslaved.
>>
>>24576968
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_contemporary_Africa

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/2012/10/23/more_slaves_now_than_at_any_other_time_in_history.html

http://www.dw.com/en/as-slave-trade-abolition-is-celebrated-millions-of-africans-continue-to-live-as-slaves/a-18337189
>>
>>24576968
Seriously? That's pretty much common knowledge
>>
>>24577016
Being a slave in the west was arguably better than being a slave in Africa
>>
>>24573781
what program is this
>>
>>24577116

>actually citing a wikipedia article

kek

literally from one of your sources

>There are more people in slavery today than at any time in human history. The best estimate, according to the U.S. State Department, is 27 million, and that does not include bonded labour. This is more than double the total taken from West Africa during the transatlantic slave trade in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries.

the anon i was replying to said

>more slaves NOW IN AFRICA than at the height of the slave trade

and none of those sources proved that

certainly not denying slavery still happens today but that claim anon made was ludicrous
>>
>>24572717
It exists, since Whites are the smartest race.

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>24577103
see
>>24577327

those figures only account for the world population not Africa alone
>>
File: 1446594710918.jpg (88 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1446594710918.jpg
88 KB, 700x700
>>24572717
Honestly seems like some fucked up internalized chastising. We're nowhere near equal, but these days the situation is not so fucked up to where nobody else can just get anywhere in life, and white people can be just as fucked up and as bad off as anyone else.

I still find it funny though, for as "equal" as some people like to say we are these days, I'm still sure nobody would willingly want to be black if they had the choice.
>>
>>24577414
Read the map, do the math.
>>
>>24572717
Not privilege, achievement.
>>
It is absolutely true that white privilege exists along with many other types of privilege. There are as many as there are ways to describe people. I think that should hint at how flimsy and useless the concept of privilege is for apportioning blame and/or resources. The most important aspect of privilege is that it is conferred by birth and is not earned. That raises another red flag. People don't decide what circumstances they are born into so it is illogical and unreasonable to hold them accountable or to judge them for it. That is even the major argument against racism and class discrimination, two things which the progressive movement has historically rallied against.

In seeking equality neo-progressives have abandoned Liberalism and embraced the concept of privilege which divides people into neat categories based on their race, parents' wealth, etc. The problem with this is obvious, people's identities are not so shallow that such superficial information tells their life story or their world view. Using privilege to characterize people denies their individuality. By dint of denying people's individuality it allows one to deny an individual's ideas because of their race or sex. It promotes racist/sexist double standards.

The neo-progressive application of privilege is so fixed that it does not describe real life accurately. Racism/sexism is prejudice + power but what type of power? Many members of the national majority are local minorities. These people would be at the mercy of a mob of the local majority in a confrontation.

In attempting to correct historical inequalities neo-progressives have abandoned Liberalism and, ironically, equality. The traditional stratification of privilege has been flipped so that criticism of ideas espoused by people belonging to historically oppressed groups has been effectively prohibited. Their own ideas have been accepted with limp acquiescence without debate or rigorous interrogation for fear of being prejudiced.
>>
>>24573184
Godamnit. They get pulled over and/or shot more because they commit a fuckton of crime for how small their population percentage is. It really isnt that complicated.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.