[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is /too smart/ here? I can't relate to anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: brain.jpg (62 KB, 596x440) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
62 KB, 596x440
Who else is /too smart/ here?

I can't relate to anyone because everybody else is too stupid. It's so lonely.
>>
>>24572396
yeah totally, the reason you have no friends is that you're too smart, that makes sense
>>
>>24572396
Ever heard of protagonism theory OP?

We assume that we are great and everybody else is shit. Maybe if you spelt less time up your own asshole you would realise that you are not "too smart" and most people are in fact smarter than you.

2/10 made me reply.
>>
That's like saying autistic kids dress well.
>>
I'm a lonely, miserable failure. How intelligent could I possibly be when I'm failing the only IQ test that matters.
>>
>>24572396
I'm smartest guy in the world OP.

I can relate to ya. All these nigs don't realize that someone has to be the smartest.

They literally cannot comprehend that someone is smart unless they heard it on TV.
>>
File: tipping at 5 hertz.gif (649 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
tipping at 5 hertz.gif
649 KB, 263x396
>Fedora
>[] not tipped
>[x] tipped
>>
The only smarts that counts is street smarts.
>>
Yea but not in any useful ways. Im too smart to see through social norms and sometimes can use this to my advantage
>>
>>24572518
Am autistic, can confirm that I do not dress well.
>>
>>24572396
You might be smarter than others, but that necessarily mean you won't be able to relate to others.

Plenty of intelligent people can do fine relating to simpletons. Rather than thinking they're from two different worlds, the intelligent person can see their own capacity to function in a similar manner as a stupid person as well as their capacity that isn't shared by the stupid person. The intelligent person may be considered as a structure that builds upon the structure of the stupid person.

You might just be different to the people you try to relate to, underdeveloped in ways they are developed and vica versa. Hopefully you can find some people you can relate to.
>>
>>24572396
yeah. i was probably top 3% or so at school, so when i meet people 97% can't think at the same level that i can. it can be really tiresome, they say nothing interesting, their wit is so lacking and slow.. the main thing is that they live in this narrow box of social norms that they've been conditioned into, and i can see right through it so when they talk about their normie job, what new car they just got a loan for, how drunk they got on the weekend..etc its so dumb to me, i want to explain to how they've been trapped/conditioned into that life but they wouldn't hear it, and i want to discuss life, ideas, philosophy.. why things are bullshit.. but they just can't do that. i get along, but its often not stimulating conversation..
>>
File: mladle.png (559 KB, 493x528) Image search: [Google]
mladle.png
559 KB, 493x528
>>24572396
The euphoria is strong with this one....
>>
>>24572917
Being intelligent doesn't make you a superhuman saint. If you are exposed to enough arrogance and hostileness from stupid people you will begin to distance yourself from them in your mind.
>>
I've always been called smart, but I have yet to feel smart.
>>
>>24573097
Maybe your friends are just really dumb.
>>
File: 1422159184963.png (210 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1422159184963.png
210 KB, 500x320
>>24572396
>tfw too smart to have accomplishments, prestige or money.
>tfw have a very particular type of intelligence that can only be used to create memes
>>
File: used_car_salesman.jpg (128 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
used_car_salesman.jpg
128 KB, 500x397
>>24573036
Too intelligent sounds a lot nicer than too bitter and alienated doesn't it?
>>
>>24573479
nice is not the goal. it simply a side effect. how could you ever get anything done if you had force yourself to relate to stupid people at all times?

they outnumber you a million to one.
>>
>>24572396
>dat "I'm smart, but lazy" may may tho
>>
>>24573567
Of course it can be horrible not being able to relate to people. Practically speaking, if you want to relate to others and you feel you can relate to intelligent people, why not pursue avenues in life that allow you to come in contact with them. Academia, research, skilled professions, high IQ clubs, or wherever you happen to think intelligent people exist.

Besides, you mightn't need to wholeheartedly relate to anyone. People tend to only superficially relate to each other, so dealing with simple people in a basic job or in day-to-day encounters doesn't demand more than simple greetings, niceties and acknowledgements.

As long as you can tolerate people you should be able to get plenty of stuff done. Chances are you'll outgrow your hang ups with stupid people. School reunions get less and less segmented as the years go on, or so I hear.
>>
>>24573618
>>dat "I'm smart, but lazy"
holy shit, that'd me 100%.
>>
File: 1382916302868.png (148 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1382916302868.png
148 KB, 300x300
>>24572396
I'm dumb as fuck but just self aware enough to know that and not be fucking happy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.