[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumb Fucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1190577026614.jpg (44 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
1190577026614.jpg
44 KB, 800x602
ITT: times where we've felt trolled by another's stupidity.

>asking for password to use internet
>room mate mixes up the greater than and less than signs
>explain that they are two different symbols
>he tries to argue that they're interchangeable and ambiguous
>tries to trot out some philosophical bullshit because he refuses to admit he was wrong
>no, idiot
>greater than is greater than, less than is less than
>mfw I pull up a third grade level lesson plan to explain
>he still refuses to believe me
>>
Anon, I think you're the dumb one here. As much as I hate normies, your room mate was right.
>>
OP, you fool

1>2 = 1 is greater than 2
1>2 = 2 is less than 1

2<1 = 2 is less than 1
2<1 = 1 is greater than 2

Your roommate is right
>>
You're a fucking idiot OP.
>>
Op are you dumb, holy shit dude
>The signs aren't interchangeable
Kek
>>
>>24572948
i see your point, but at the same time, isn't it more natural to 'read' the mathematical statement like you'd read anything else, from left to right? if someone asked you to read '1>2,' you'd most likely say 1 is greater than 2.
>>
>>24573094
>>24572983
>>24572948
>>24572323
DAMN SON

O P B T F O
P
B
T
F
O
>>
File: reactionimage.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
reactionimage.png
444 KB, 465x455
>roommate mixes up greater and lesser than
why are there two different signs if you could just change the position of the numbers?
and why isnt the password correct if you use either one since they are interchangable?
r9k btfo
>>
>>24573156
This is true. Language was created as a sort of system to make sure everyone is on the same page. Saying that they're interchangeable, while being correct, is not helpful when trying to explain to someone who is not capable of seeing what you see in your mind. That's why there are spelling rules, so that everyone reads the same thing and no one gets lost.
>>
>>24573401
Numbers aren't real, we only use them to measure other man-made stuff. Dubs aren't real
4chan btfo
>>
>>24573156
haha, OP was intellectually CVCKED by his third grade teacher
>>
>>24572948
>>24573156
>>24573437
I'm pretty sure that OP meant that

1<2 is different than 1>2 , the fact that yes , you can write 2 is greater than 1 like 2>1 or 1<2 is both correct and incorrect.The 2>1 means '2 is greater than 1' and 1>2 means '1 is lesser than 2'.A slight differnce , but something that you learn about in third grade.His roommate probably thought that 2>1 and 2<1 mean the same thing , but if not , OP is pretty dumb
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.