[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got readmitted after nearly flunking out and taking a semester
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1430152570376.jpg (25 KB, 257x307) Image search: [Google]
1430152570376.jpg
25 KB, 257x307
Just got readmitted after nearly flunking out and taking a semester off. Hopefully now my shit will stay together.

Also /UniFeels/ General
>>
>>24570905

bump for interest

[Original Comment]
>>
>still not satisfied with my UC prompt essays
>having to finish two different term papers by Monday

WAKE ME UP
>>
graduate then have to find a job in that degree then can't find a job
>>
File: 1365191153023.jpg (146 KB, 800x706) Image search: [Google]
1365191153023.jpg
146 KB, 800x706
>>24570905
>just got readmitted after flunking out and taking 2 years off
>nearly failing 2 out of my 4 classes
>one week left of school
>i have to pull 85 or better on both those finals to make it to next semester
>even if I pass, it's only going to get harder from here
>it's like having to choose between fucking myself or letting myself be fucked
>>
File: .jpg (26 KB, 480x736) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
26 KB, 480x736
>>24570905
>got only into backup school, cry about it for weeks
>oh well, they're giving me a scholarship, so i might as well go
>not like i could apply anywhere else at last moment
>bio major, not really into it but mom wants me to be a doctor so i'll do it
>staying in dorms, fucking hate that shit
>roommates are stoners that get high and party all night
>first semester, decent grades
>dad starts bitching at me about transferring to my first choice school, keep telling him that i don't have the right number of credits
>he calls me an idiot for only getting into a state college
>go back for second semester, classes are harder now
>severe depression hits me, realizing that i fucking hate this major and can't do well in classes for shit
>decide to switch to comp sci since i was good at it in high school
>come back home for summer, never felt so fucking relieved in my life
>sign up for fall classes again, CS stuff now
>blow through semester, shit's easy as fuck
>make a few friends, overall life's going really well
>winter break, dad beats my mom for no reason, has happened in the past, but she usually walks it off
>she calls the cops this time, dad freaks the fuck out
>apparently i was one of the things they were fighting about
>was at my friend's place while this was happening
>come home as soon as my mom calls me
>dad's not home, he went out with his friends to blow off steam
>family goes on vacation with a few other family friends, parents aren't talking during the trip
>spend all the time with my mom and her friends so she doesn't feel bad
>she stopped caring about my dad by this time, but i still want them to be good to each other
>back home from the trip, i decide it would be a good idea to put in my transfer application for the other college, since it would make my dad happy
>couple months pass, they're still not talking
>applications results come in, i got accepted
>didn't particularly care, just wanted to fix the family situation
cont
>>
File: .jpg (100 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
100 KB, 500x666
>>24573170
>tell my dad, he's happy, but not enough to talk with my mom
>what the fuck, i don't even care about that college, i just wanted to fix this shit
>finish rest of the semester, they're happy with each other by now, thanks in no part to me
>don't matter, at least things are okay
>get ready for new college, shit's supposed to be hard as fuck
>this year classes are hard as shit, can barely keep up with things
>couple months pass, grades are slipping, failing every class
>tell my mom, she tells my dad
>he tries to help out by looking for online tutors
>explain to him that it takes time away from studying for other classes, but he insists on it
>prices are crazy high, don't want to get into that mess cause then he'd yell at me if i do bad in school anyway
>get angry and start yelling at him to keep out of it
>he's visibly shaken, i shouldn't have done that
>stops talking to me and my mom
>mom's stressed out, dad hates our guts, i'm going insane over my grades cause i might get kicked out after a single semester
I fucking hate everything that's going on man, I needed to get this out. All I can think to myself is, "If I stayed at my old school, none of this would have happened. I'd have decent grades, I'd even graduate a semester early." Man, anyone else have any college regrets?
>>
>>24570905
Did the same. Now I want to drop out for good.
>>
>have to write up a ~20 page lab and ~10 pages for a project by Monday
>over my thanksgiving break

fucking why
not starting until sunday night anyway though
>>
>>24573426
just do your best man. don't try and be fully caught up. Just enough that you can cram for finals. trying to catch up is a losing battle at this point.
>>
>>24573515
Yeah thanks man. I guess that's the best thing to do.
>>
>went to a university for 2 years
>failed 2 classes, dropped out
>go to community college for a year
>failing a class this semester
>not planning on going back next semester
>>
>>24573576
I totally get what you mean about the tutor adding pressure. It's not like he'll actually improve your grades, and now you have "no excuse" for doing poorly.

At least it'll get easier next semester
>>
>>24573654
I'm hoping so. Might have to retake some classes, but I think it'll be alright the second time around.

I've put in a few internship applications, with any luck, I might get the opportunity to do that instead of school. If I get a job, should I take it or should I stay in school? Of course, I'd have to go back to school sooner or later, but should I take a semester off?
>>
>>24573774
Get some summer internships at 'real' companies if you can. Many of my classmates at graduate school did those and got great jobs coming out of undergrad, which fed into this graduate program.
>>
>>24573845
Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.

How did college go for you?
>>
>>24573774
I wouldn't know. I'm struggling with uni myself tbqh. I'd take it though. Experience is always valuable, and you'll save up for tuition a bit, while you prepare for the next school year.
>>
>>24573576
It's really hard to accept but your parents lives will be less and less involved with you as you grow older. Some things you can't fix, they have their own lives and they can really be the only ones to solve their problems.

Trying to fix things at home when you are not at home will be a lot harder as you get older and have more responsibilities. You're opening yourself up to a lot of potential pain if you continue to feel responsible for them when you should to being the process of moving on.
>>
>>24573599
>failing community college

literally what

it's just high school with more flexible hours senpai

I genuinely believe my associates degree was easier to get than my diploma strictly because I didn't have to wake up at the asscrack of dawn 5 days a week.
>>
>>24574060
Yeah, but it's so hard to let go of people that you've known for so long, people that care about you. It feels like I'm not being a good son by not caring about them.
>>
>>24574244
>move on

nah you're right man, parents are just dropped to the curb in the West once kids become adults. It's cool that you still care about them.
>>
>>24573974
I did well but at a terrible state school. Didn't do summer internships but got a job anyway. Worked 10 years, now back in graduate school at a top 10 MBA trying to 'rebrand'
>>
I feel very indifferent when it comes to my studies. I just don't care anymore to be honest. These side projects, etc. Just do not give a shit.
>>
>>24574244
I feel the same way man, it's a hard road, I want to be there for my parents, but the college life doesn't give a lot of space for that.

I wish you the best and I hope you can find a balance.
>>
File: Esjgfhn.jpg (701 KB, 1537x1917) Image search: [Google]
Esjgfhn.jpg
701 KB, 1537x1917
>>24570905
>not in uni
>actually living my life instead of following my HS guidance counselors advice into a massive amount of debt, stress, and a shit job market where a degree would be worthless
Enjoy your $40k daycare. I love what I do every day.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.