[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many robots went through a goth/metal/emo/edgy/punk/hardcore/s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: hardcore dancing2.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
hardcore dancing2.gif
2 MB, 300x225
How many robots went through a goth/metal/emo/edgy/punk/hardcore/sXe phase?

How did you get into it? When/how did you grow out of it? Did it get you a gf?

18-20 year olds still in the middle of their phase who think that it'll last forever need not apply
>>
How mentally deficient and generally unaware do you have to be to unironically go through a phase like that? Don't they realize that it's cringe worthy as fuck? Do they all have severe assburgers?
>>
Personally I got into it because it was quite simply really mainstream at the time. It was the late 90s so Korn and Limp Bizkit and Marilyn Manson were just as popular as N Sync and Britney Spears on MTV. It was the whole nu-metal boom that pretty much culminated with Woodstoock 99 and then Ozzfest. Pop-punk with shit like Blink 182 and Sum 41 and Simple Plan and Good Charlotte was also extremely popular and they had the Warped Tour.

So I got into that, met some failed normie girls, eventually got into "real" metal & punk. Stayed in that circlejerk of a subculture until one day I woke up and all that shit music was making me sad and edgy for no reason, the end.
>>
I never had a phase, I was the same average status quiet disappearing forgettable dude all my youth. Had a tight group of equally invisible guys who just went through our school days being there and playing Wc3 and later on WoW.

Kind of is the same now in university aswell when I think of it.
>>
>>24569839
A lot, not all of them, and not all of them, respectively.

That specific subset of the whole alternative culture is seen as cringe-worthy and weird by the whole rest of it.

Guys who think that wearing black nail polish & eyeliner makes them look threatening and mysterious look down on those guys and think "whoa there buddy you got some issues maybe you should tone it down a notch"
>>
>>24569767

i wanted to be hardcore but the only thing hardcore (then) about my clothes were my tshirts

lasted about 2 years
>>
oh and also

secretly wanted to be a Juggalo when I was in like grade 9

boy oh boy am I glad that I never followed through with that, I could be a grandfather living in a meth house by now.
>>
goth phase 1 year in middle school

then preppy whiteboy phrase in he

then hipster phase in college

now im in the look-professional-because-im-an-adult phase
>>
File: what is a bird.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
what is a bird.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>24570123
>now im in the look-professional-because-im-an-adult phase

but then what comes after that?
>>
File: DFTRlettershome.jpg (79 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
DFTRlettershome.jpg
79 KB, 450x450
>>24569767
I don't get involved in the culture, the straight edge shit, the dress style or long hair, but I still listen to metal and hardcore a lot like pic related

what does that make me?
>inb4 a faggot
>>
I wanted to but my dad hit me when I asked him to buy me skin tight black jeans and the My Chemical Romance CD

So I just lived my dreams through my dexless assassin in Maplestory
>>
>>24570338
A true robot.

As someone who tried desperately to fit into those cutures, and actually did for a while, I can confirm that in the end it's just people trying to impress each other with their hair and fashion and who they know in the scene.

In other words, they're not any different than regular normies.
>>
I'm 23 and I still listen to metal. Don't understand why it should be a phase. My taste has shifted slightly over the years, but I still enjoy it among other genres.
>>
>>24569938
I was just like this, except the gaming bit. Never played in my life.
But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be part of a tribe.
The goths... Their style got me when I was a teen. I thought it was so cool... I was jealous of em. I wanted to have the guts to dress like that and be part of what I thought to be a mysterious dark secret klub. I know it sounds cringy, but tgat's just how I felt.
But instead I kept merging with the crowd, exceeding in being invisible for everyone else.
>>
>>24570526
>Don't understand why it should be a phase.

Because it's extremely one-dimensional and relies almost only on teen angst, the culture especially moreso than the actual music sometimes. Also because listening to just one genre of music is a pretty normie thing to do.

>My taste has shifted slightly over the years, but I still enjoy it among other genres.

As long as those other genres include more than just "jazz and classical"
>>
>>24569767
Edgy phase currently going on

I don't know if it is a phase, I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and social anxiety disorder if that counts for anything
>>
>>24570639
>Because it's extremely one-dimensional and relies almost only on teen angst, the culture especially moreso than the actual music sometimes.
Seems to me you're throwing your opinions around like that monkey throwing feces. Pretty good analogy, huh? Anyone who gets shamed into not listening to something he enjoys is a fucking kuck.
>>
Went through a punk phase in through high school and college. I kind of just fell in with the punk kids since i was dirty, poor, and most of my clothes had holes. After they found out i played guitar we started a band and lasted until about 21. Fun times family. I miss it but i dont really miss the scene. I miss the adventures with my friends and band mates, playing shows, and all that. Still listen to punk, still poor, and most of my cloths do have holes but i dont consider myself a punk anymore.
>>
>>24570672
literally every girl I've ever been with was a cutter at one point, and they all grew out of it, so I'd say it counts as a phase
>>
>>24570762
Not a girl

I'm a gay guy tho if that means anything
>>
>>24570677
>Seems to me you're throwing your opinions around like that monkey throwing feces

It's not really my opinion, metal music is defined as being generally aggressive and edgy.
>>
>>24570672
i had a very short cutting faze (wanted to feel somethnig, felt very numb at the time) decided to carve the japanese word (oh yes) ero daioh in my arm, got ero done then realised what the hell i was doing. now if anyone asks about it just say i cut myself when i was playing as a kid.
>>
Skater wigger till i was 18. I lived in a black and hispanic hood tho so i had to adapt
>>
>>24570797
That's bad why?
>>
File: Morbid+Saint.jpg (40 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
Morbid+Saint.jpg
40 KB, 500x401
Had my edgy "THRASH TILL DEATH!!" phase through ages 13-19, then I kinda got bored of it. I'm still very much into metal, but I'm not a faget about it.
>>
>>24570793
I actually knew a few (not gay, I don't think) guys who cut themselves & also put out cigarettes on themselves

and again they were mostly into metal/punk
>>
>>24570807
I always do it when I can't stop thinking about how awful I am and I don't have anyone to talk to

Like every night when I don't have someone to talk to I get an overwhelming urge to do it

I don't know how to stop
>>
File: slayer-serenity-in-murder.jpg (105 KB, 402x398) Image search: [Google]
slayer-serenity-in-murder.jpg
105 KB, 402x398
>>24570859
I don't see how it's good to limit's one self to only one facet of the experience.

Same is true of people who are only into top 40 pop music and are happy idiots, life is all about balance senpai
>>
punk/rock since 8
metal since 12, friend got me into it with blind guardian, dragonforce, in flames and amon amarth
I never felt need to express my attitude towards metal with clothing so I am not your average black rags wearing metalhead
right now I am 24. still like metal but I also listen some classic rock and 90s - present hard rock
I also play bass guitar in I would say doom metal band
to sum up my taste :
melodeath, death, symphonic (just female fronded ones), heavy, power, non-shit-tier black
>>
>>24570920
doesn't the scars put you off doing it? if it didn't leave those i'd probably still do (turns out i'm a m).
>>
File: 1445782665625.jpg (40 KB, 599x442) Image search: [Google]
1445782665625.jpg
40 KB, 599x442
>>24570912
I'm not a metal guy, I'm more into this kind of stuff (lo-fi I think)

http://teensuicide.bandcamp.com/album/waste-yrself[/

https://anamiablemedley.bandcamp.com/album/goodbye-goodbye
>>
>>24571004
*the human experience

also staying in one subculture always ends up being a circlejerk/pissing contest.
>>
>>24571033
oh so it's kind of like what emo was in the 90s before it became a mainstream meme and became interchangeable with screamo?

idk I'm not familiar with all the "indie" subgenres but it's not bad, bretty gud actually. Definitely something I would have enjoyed like 5 years ago.
>>
File: 1127151636-1.jpg (515 KB, 1759x2842) Image search: [Google]
1127151636-1.jpg
515 KB, 1759x2842
>>24571027
A few of the older ones are scarring, but these ones are deeper so they'll scar for sure

While having a few cutting scars doesn't make you significantly more unnatractive, it's still annoying to have them there. I've had to wear a flannel basically 24 hours a day (including at night) so family members don't see them

personally I like them, they remind me of how much of a fuckup I am

>>24571183
Have fun senpai

https://dandelionhands.bandcamp.com/album/its-all-in-your-head

#2 is a pretty robot song and #10 and #13 are good as well
>>
>>24571249
they're not too bad, mine (because i cut upwards and deeply) are much wider and my skin tone doesn't help much either. use some scarring oil/gel to make them fade faster and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>24571335
Where can I get some
>>
>>24571363
most pharmacies will have some, if not then look online (good ones are silicone based).
don't expect instant results but after a month they should mostly be gone.
>>
>>24571363
some sci to back up
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918339/
>>
>>24571603
>>24571644
Thanks guys

dutsursyeqyf
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.