[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw you want to do too much so you just sit around doing nothing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: CLGx5DzWgAAWnGh.png (462 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
CLGx5DzWgAAWnGh.png
462 KB, 600x601
tfw you want to do too much so you just sit around doing nothing.
>want to practice music
>want to practice stand up comedy
>want to practice film making
Don't do any of it. Wallow in my own self pity. I am going to wake up and be an old man who never tried.
>>
Dude I fucking PERFECTLY know this feel. In fact, I want to do so fucking much I can't even remember all of it.

What the fuck are people like you and I supposed to do man?
>>
There are several skills I'd like to develop, but I honestly can't stick to practicing fro more than a month.
>>
We literally share all these interests

I made 5 albums that I put on bandcamp, just published a short documentary but I haven't worked on standup yet, there's gonna be a workshop that I want to attend soon

Work on your shit Anon
>>
>>24570153
People either force themselves to practice 1 thing, or they have a passion for that thing from birth and so it's easy for them to get into. People who want the end result of multiple skill never seem to have the motivation to go through the learning process.

Which is a pity because desu I could already do some pretty cool shit with programming when I was only a couple of months into learning. Now I can't even get myself out of bed to learn some maths in the morning.
>>
use the nathan fielder method:
-take an embarrassing photo of yourself
-give it to a third party
-tell that third party to distribute it if you don't show proof of having accomplished things in the next week
-WORK TO AVOID PUBLIC SHAME
>>
>>24569598
How does one go about practicing film making?

>>24570209
>Likes music
>Likes movies
>Likes laughing and making others laugh
Oh wow, it's amazing that two people could possibly share such uncommon interest. Hope you two get married and have lots of faggot children just like you.
>>
>>24570461
you make films you moron.
>>
>>24570489
Then you're not fucking practicing now are you? You're actually making fucking films. Which nobody on this board is capable of doing in such a way that yields anything of any merit. And that's not just my assessment, by any metric one could employ, the shit you fucks would come up with and try to 'film' would fucking suck. You're all fucking pathetic.
>>
>>24570549
>being this retarded
>Hey guys stop shooting 3's that would be playing basketball and we want to practice
>>
>Want to learn how to shoot guns
Can't do that because britbong
>Want to go travelling
Can't do that because I'm a poor uni student

Managed to use my student loan to go Amsterdam so I'm real excited for that but when I'm not doing that I'm bored as fuck. I need a more convenient hobby, vidya aren't as fun as they used to be
>>
File: IMG_6993.jpg (401 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6993.jpg
401 KB, 2048x2048
>>24570461
I've never met anyone that shared my love with all of these things in the way that I do. Can you say the same? What do you do?

>>24570549
Oh you're just a bitter cunt

It's lit
>>
>>24570582
APPLES TO ORANGES. I suppose you practice film making by shooting home videos? No. You're just fucking shooting home videos. Nothing more. No pretentious aspirations to be found there. If you want to be a fucking director, stop being poor and go to film school you fuck. You'll get plenty of practice, not to mention the technical knowledge requisite to make a film (film being the operative word you fucking shit) and actual experience, there.

>>24570609
You haven't met many people then. And yes I am.
>>
How old are you op. If you are below 21 this is perfectly normal, I even experienced it myself, now I really devote myself from time to time to getting better. I still don't put 12 hours a day everyday but that's not necessary nor healthy
>>
>>24570673
I actually am in film school lmao. My assignments are shoot a scene like x shoot a short film about x. But I guess by your logic that isn't practicing film making?
>>
>>24570780
Nah, seems like it is. Cool that you're in film school. How do people in your program feel about Vancouver Film School? Thinking about going there. :3
>>
>>24569598
>want to learn how to make videogames
>want to learn how to make music
>want to learn how to shoot better
>shitpost all day instead
kill me lmao
>>
>>24570673
>want to animate
>want to draw
>want to model on blender
Just discovered I wanted to do these things two years ago. I have been practicing ever since, I attended classes, courses and even a semester at college.
Everything you say is wrong and the product of a bitter teenager trying to excuse his poor choices
>>
>>24570820
Okay. Except, and I'ma let you finish, but if you've read my posts and i'mmaaa let you finish, you'd find that i agree wit you, ya hear? Because college is real shit. Good on you fag.

Suck my dick.

I had to solve the Captcha twice just to tell you to suck my dick. Faggot.
>>
>>24570876
Wow that's some dedication anon, shame you can't apply it to anything else
>>
>>24570780
>wasting your money

Lmao

Literally everything they teach you could be learned easily on your own and for much, much less. But of course you need someone to hold your hand through it and are willing to pay out the asshole for it.
>>
>>24570922
Except I can because I likely will be going to VFS come spring. :3 Stay mad and poor fag.

Nice dubs.
>>
>>24570820
The thing is that all your things are related. Learning to draw, anime, and model in blender are perfectly connected and you actually improve considerably in one if you practice the other. Some of us have polar opposite interests (for instance music and science or drawing and programming). It's much more difficult to pick what you should spend your time on because it feels like you're leaving the rest behind.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.