[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is so depressing and I'm so autistic that the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: one-thing.jpg (64 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
one-thing.jpg
64 KB, 500x638
Life is so depressing and I'm so autistic that the only way I can still live is by dedicating my life to one activity/devotion. So, /r9k/, if you had to do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? (It can be either a hobby ,activity or profession, whatever)
>>
I'd make racist assumptions and jokes about my own race on a stage for money. Works for every comedian ever.
>>
Military service?

Depending on how much you're willing to devote and change yourself you could even up doing spooky deniable ops shit with the CIA
>>
>>24569896

But as an addendum you really would have to change your autistic ways (unless you're a literal autist, and not just saying you're autistic in the meme r9k way)
>>
I'm really sad that this thread wasn't a success. I-I'm sorry..
>>
>>24568668
Drumming. It's what I already put 80% of my energy into, so it wouldnt be that much different.
>>
>>24568668
one thing? technically these are four but the avenue of existence is so narrow it may as well all be the same.

music, cardio, manual labor, cooking.

learn to play an instrument. while you're listening to music you it increases your tolerance for chronic pain. you don't even have to be great, if you don't have a talent for it you're probably always going to suck. that's fine. 30 minutes - 1 hour a day

then you move on to cardio, listen to music you enjoy to use dopamine rushes to reinforce your love of music. also increases your tolerance for pain. 1 - 2 hours a day

then you start working in manual labor. if you've been learning melody and getting into music you enjoy that meshes with your personality, once you learn patience and the job the music comes to your brain all on its own.

cooking is so you stay healthy, and if you want to, eat cheap. and in addition to music it trains your sense of timing, situational awareness, hand-eye coordination. these things all together build on and reinforce eachother, can turn someone with an addictive personality into an average person.

i don't know. you can't really have someone tell you to be devoted to something, that's not how things work. you have to morally come to your own conclusions, music is just organized noise, running is just a long series of chemical reactions and trying not to injure your pelvis, these kind of things build discipline for when you're ready to get devoted. that's just the path i took. maybe you should replace music and running with computer programming and mixed martial arts, i don't know, i don't fuck with multiple traumatic brain injuries and i'm a lazy ass too, but these things still bring me a lot of happiness.
>>
fapping
>>
you fail me with every fatal crush
you fail me with every abandoned love
you fail me with your inferno fuck me eyes
that burn as fuel for my city and its neon lights
burn bright white line fever take them all
you fail me with your new dead end dream
you fail me with your pill box fantasy
you fail me as love's greatest war
that was never worth
you were never worth fighting for
dying living dying living dying everyday
living dying living dying living everyday
you think you are a poet
in your eyes you are a star
who lives through a fantasy of rising above
you think you're a victim
but you live as a drunk
that has never sacrificed that has never loved
you think you are tragic but i know you are lost
you have walked the fault lines
and you have crossed them all
this world doesn't fight you, you fight yourself
thinking we fail you you fail yourself
>>
File: 1407051543138.png (27 KB, 598x754) Image search: [Google]
1407051543138.png
27 KB, 598x754
>>24571136
wrong fread i'm a colossal faggot
>>
File: 1447135651903.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447135651903.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>24568668
Tulpa creation. It makes me feel better, and I have a lot of hours sunk into it, as well as its associated practices such as advanced daydreaming, meditation, etc. It would be cool to master it and teach others who are in need.
>>
>>24571136
So, you would devote yourself to poetry?
>>
>>24571302
no, spurdo bane
>>
File: mamimi.jpg (23 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
mamimi.jpg
23 KB, 720x480
>donate a kidney to a stranger before my lifestyle catches up to my organs
>become pediatric surgeon
>go to work; help people
>get off work
>go home
>read
>play piano, draw, paint, etc.
>bong rip myself to sleep
>wake up, coffee, repeat
>try to develop new GFP-based cancer treatment I've had rolling around in my head for a while
>don't have kids, maybe adopt once I'm retired, probably not
>set up a trust for my little sisters and cousins
>live cheap, limit myself to spending as though I make minimum-wage; use money to help fund conservation efforts, farm sanctuaries, and shelters for rescued child sex slaves
>patent shark drugs and medical technologies before megacorps can get to them; let people produce them with little or no profit to myself
>die of a heart attack because I'm a stressed-out caffeine-addicted chain-smoker
>if I actually get old or become terminally ill, use money to buy weapons and mercenaries, travel the world killing people who kidnap and sell children; die in a firefight or get murdered

That's the plan.
>>
>>24570852
Seems like you actually have goals. Nice.
>>
>>24570491
It's nice to see somebody on /r9k/ actually devote themselves to something.
>>
>>24571326
(just kidding, still not misanthropic enough to want to blow up society)
>>
>>24571622
i've heard anything less than four hours a day, you're not really going to be a good musician unless you're wildly lucky when it comes to talent. it's just something to get you started on the whole, "feeling emotion," thing.
>>
>>24571524
were you abused as a kid?
>>
>>24571986
What do you mean by that?

>>24571991
"Yes" would be an understatement.
>>
>>24568668
this doesn't work, you need to take breaks every now that then. Work at your passion 50% of your time
>>
What If I don't like anything enough? I feel so empty..
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.