[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
When did you grow out of video games?
>>
when I got carpal tunnel on both my hands and then took a break from video games

after that I didn't really get into games again
>>
>>24568461

I didn't.

I just no longer find them rewarding or satisfying
>>
>>24568461
I could be very close. I'm trying to be more productive and creative rather than just waste my life on entertainment.
>>
I haven't yet. I'm about to prestige in Black Ops 3.
>>
File: Dolls.jpg (219 KB, 502x710) Image search: [Google]
Dolls.jpg
219 KB, 502x710
Never did. Don't see a reason to stop.
>>
After GTAV came out

I didn't really notice until a couple months ago when I realised I hadn't bought a new game since then nor had any interest to
>>
>>24569103
I hope this game doesn't turn out to be crappy
>>
>>24569124
If you liked Xenoblade you'll probably like it, seems like the same core gameplay but improved in every conceivable way. Plus the characters seem fun and well-developed.
Seems like plenty of side content too. I know its possible to miss one of the alien races in the game entirely if you dont do their sidequests.
>>
File: 12133jpg.jpg (26 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
12133jpg.jpg
26 KB, 444x444
>>24568461

At about 14 I realized there is no point in videos games, I completely stopped playing them for a whole year.
At 15 I lost most of my friends so I had more time for myself, I tried to get back in gaming and it just wasn't as rewarding and fun so I almost completely stopped playing them.

Today I play video games maybe once a week, but It's different then when I was 12-13. Back then I could play 12 hours non-stop and now my longest session I can go through is maybe 1.5 hours.
Right now I mostly play games from my teenage or childhood, gives back good memories.
Last time me and some of my friends from high school got back together to play Call Of Duty Black Ops (The first one, of course), like we did back in 2010-2011. Brings back that feeling of just not caring anymore and being all about fun.

I wish I could be as happy as I was then, now I'm completely lost inside my head and too busy everything life demands from me.
>>
The magic has died
>>
>>24568461
there is no growing out faggotl, you exactly now video games are for everybody, besides the depressed.
my depression pushed me out of video games.
no video games, means dying
>>
>>24568461
when did you grow out dreaming, fgt??
>>
File: YByM8Rp.jpg (221 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
YByM8Rp.jpg
221 KB, 1440x1920
When my PC didn't support the newer ones. And having no money for upgrades.

Pentium D
>>
Somehow, I stopped to find them rewarding and right now I can't barely play for more than an hour without quitting or alt-tabbing, the only times I really get hooked is when new games come out (although I stop playing them without ending) and when I play Paradox grand-strategy games, which get me hooked for a game as a country and then I stop playing them for a week or two, this happened to me after starting lifting and falling in love.
>>
last year when dota killed itself
>>
>>24568461
I kind of did

well I moved to VN's because its like reading a book except its also pictured.
>>
Can't stop won't stop not until the beat drops.
>>
Long before I stopped buying video games.
>>
>>24569108
This really. I got gta5 as a gift when my dog died so I wouldn't be so sad. After that I lost interest. I still play but its not a regular thing. I may play something for a week and then loose interest again for months
>>
File: 1440278670788.jpg (165 KB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
1440278670788.jpg
165 KB, 491x750
>>24569730

What is that picture from?

Also, for the last few years I've lost basically all interest. I still game because I have literally absolutely nothing else to do being a neet and all, but I do not enjoy it anymore. Or at least not even slightly as much. Game's nowadays I feel require friends to enjoy them. That trend imo has killed the quality of games. Depression on my part also takes a chunk out of the experience.
>>
when I and all my friends dropped video games for drinking and smoking and partying.

now instead of staring at a screen all night on something that costs $50 we stare at the ground all night smoking and drinking that costs a lot more than $50.
>>
File: iu.jpg (765 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
765 KB, 1000x500
I stopped playing games when i was 15 and started again at 23. Now i'm playing Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and i'm having a blast.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.