[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ could you psychoanalyze me? I'll answer any question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: FkQqvm7.jpg (15 KB, 459x458) Image search: [Google]
FkQqvm7.jpg
15 KB, 459x458
/r9k/ could you psychoanalyze me? I'll answer any question that doesn't give away my anonymity, just give me a better understanding of myself.
>>
I doubt anyone here understands themselves or any other
>>
What kind of thoughts trigger depression or sadness in you
>>
I highly doubt I can help you understand yourself better, but I do enjoy learning about other robot's experiences and how they became what they are today. So with that being said,

could you name one of the most painful childhood memories you have?

Anyone ITT can answer this question as well.
>>
File: original.gif (1 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
1 MB, 500x250
>>24566485
Probably but it doesn't hurt to try.
>>
>>24566461
Would you rather get run over by a streamroller or a dozen motorcycles?
>>
Psychoanalysis doesn't work.

.t sophomore psych student
>>
>>24566522
Loneliness mostly. The fact that I have yet to have a romantic partner (have had opportunities to have one in the past though). Sometimes death but I don't think about that as much as I used to.

>>24566542
Thats a tough one. As a single experice, if I had to give one off the top of my head I'd say my dog dying, though my middle school experience as a whole was probably worse.
>>
>>24566461
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/uMoS5
Do this, but don't play the ebin gifs.
Just tell us the results, it's pretty interesting imho
>>
>>24566582
Dozen motorcycles
>>
>>24566597
>Psychoanalysis doesn't work.

Then what method of interactive study would psychiatrists use?
>>
>>24566762
Depends on what you're looking for. There are many personality tests.
>>
>>24566668
For me the cube was about the size of a box that comes up to your shins, on the ground, black, and metallic. The ladder was lying on the sand right next to the cube, pretty long, orange, and made of metal. The horse was brown with white splotches on its face, it was galloping kind of far behind the cube, it looked very graceful & athletic. The flowers were somewhat far in front of the cube, they were roses, there were exactly 5 (this is actually kind of interesting b/c my dad grew up in a family with 4 other siblings) of them, and they all looked very healthy. The storm was like that sand storm that was in mad max, it looked very powerful, and even though the scene wasn't in the middle of the storm yet the storm was closing in on the scene.
>>
>>24566668
Sandstorm is in trailer if you haven't seen Mad Max. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8
>>
>>24566676
If i asked you to clear your mind, and think of the color yellow, who is the first person that comes to mind? Wearing a bright yellow rain slick.
And do the same for a red scarf, and a blue sweater
>>
>>24566668
cube was black rugged metal stabbed in ground with one corner it was about as high as horse standing on 2 legs and half, rope ladder was rolled right beneath one edge horse was standing few meters to right on two legs was black with one white speckle on back, flowers were four black generic flowers one beneath each corner, the storm of dust and shattered glass flew thru scene leaving only bones from horse flowers were ripped of and taken with wind and ladder was buried beneath sand.
what does it mean?
>>
>>24567259
yellow- Charlie Day
red- Johnny Depp
blue- Bill Cosby
>>
>>24567041
Just so we dont get confused this one was from OP
>>
>>24567041
It's pretty interesting, most robots tend to imagine small black or reflective cubes and gigantic sandstorms. The explanation for those things is also pretty robot. No shrinker here though, just shared the quiz because it looked interesting.

>>24567272
Fucking brutal senpai
>>
>>24566668
Small shoebox sized ceramic cube on the floor a few metres in front of me although I guess I'd pick it up and carry it about. A wooden ladder reaching into the sky so far it dissapears from view. The horse is a roan shirehorse just standing about maybe grazing or moving a bit kind of dopey looking, but all shirehorses are. Fuckload of wood anemones but purple instead of white making a thick blanket like they do in the forest. The storm is your standard wind and rain. Dark cloudy and cold but not strong enough to fuck anything up too badly.
>>
>>24566542
>what I've become
I am not a human being.
>>
>>24566461
psychoanalysis is pseudoscience

you have your innate instincts which are similar to everyone else's except for a few minor differences in DNA, hormones affecting brain development in the womb or mental illnesses that you might have

then you have experiences in life that you associate with these instincts

psychoanalysts often conflate the 2 and lean excessively towards blaming life experiences, for example blaming homosexuality on having a distant mother and other bullshit, this is because of the prevailing belief in society that all are created equal and anyone who challenges this notion is implying that some people are more deserving of privileges than others, the opposite is true, if we recognize people's differences we can better help people who might be deficient in one area, and we all have deficiencies in one area or another
>>
>>24566658
Psychoanalysts ask questions like this because they highlight what you value. The more specific incidents you can detail, the easier it is to determine a pattern. It's a way of working backward from effects to causes.

So, you're going to have to do better than "middle school."
>>
>>24568410
For sixth and seventh grade I had no friends at all. Was probably the worst time in my life. The amount of words I said aloud in a single day were in the single digits (I had always been pretty quiet but it was the worst during these years). I wasn't really bullied (though I can remember plenty of times when people were assholes to me), its just I was incredibly shy for some reason with very low self esteem and never made any effort to get to know anyone. In 8th grade my dad had gotten a new job in a different state, and I made sure to talk more and get to know people at the new school, so I could actually have friends and people to talk to. I somehow actually made friends with a couple of guys and am still best friends with them to this very day. If I had stayed in the same school system I was in during the 6th and 7th grade nothing probably would've changed and I think its likely I wouldve killed myself sometime during highschool.
>>
>>24568670
Since you rarely talked, what happened when you did?
>>
>>24568830
Do you mean during 6th and 7th grade? I pretty much only talked when I was called on in class by the teacher. There was one guy I remember during 6th grade I made small talk with during english class, but after a while I could tell he didn't really enjoy talking to me so I stopped talking to him. I'm very confident I was seen as the weird kid at my old school.

Also just something I want to add b/c I think its interesting. When I actually did start talking to kids at my new school in the 8th grade I was told I talked weirdly, and that I talked very slowly. I'm fairly confident this was a result of talking so little prior to the new school, especially since my friends tell me I sound fine now in the 12th grade (am 18 tho), which is most likely b/c I've talked regularly to people since the 8th grade.
>>
>>24566461
Oh my god that image is literally my life. LITERALLY.

fucking literally, senpai
>>
>>24566461
Dude>>24566461
Dude psychoanalasys doesn't work this way. You have to talk to a real psy. Can' t get analysed on an anonymus image board. Also you can't analyse yourself- Freud said this. Been analysed, it's a wierd experience and it doesn't work the way you think it works. Though it helps, but it doesn't make the suffering go away in the end. But it changes your relationship to it, so it's not a big deal anymore.
>>
>>24569699
Psy's cost money though, also I wouldn't be able to trust them with any information that might be valuable to my psychoanalysis. Here its free and its all anonymous so I dont have to worry about trusting anyone.
>>
>>24569178
So why didn't you talk to anyone?
>>
>>24570161
I don't really know I've just always been like that. I sort of had friends in elementary school at least that I would have play dates with on friday, but once we got to middle school they didnt want to hang out with me any longer.
>>
>>24571242
>never made his own friends as a kid
>old friends ditched him
>never learned how to talk to anyone else
>lonely and left without the tools needed to form social relationships
>dad moves to a new city
>this is jarring enough to cause him to reinvent himself

So now we know what you value, which is strong social relationships, and what you lack, which is the tools to form those relationships without some kind of external event or force to drive them. So what do you want us to tell you? That you'll be more successful in college if you join clubs so you can make friends in a structured and controlled way? That this is probably how you will meet your SO?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.