[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't take acid, idiot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
Don't take acid, idiot
>>
File: 1435007822184.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1435007822184.png
67 KB, 230x230
You can't tell me what not to do!
>>
take ketamine or MXE

they're much better and made just for robots
>>
File: 1433924738349.jpg (36 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1433924738349.jpg
36 KB, 208x250
>>24565090
Acid is unpredictable, not for the weak
>>
>>24565079
lsd is spiritual medicine.

dont use it for fun
>>
LSD is extremely dangerous and can be detected in your system many years after ingesting.

It can also permanently alter your perceptions and cause HPPD after a single use.

Don't risk it robots
>>
>tfw no acid
I tried ordering some HBWR seeds but they seem to be stuck at a processing plant. DUDE WEED LMAO isn't doing it for me anymore and I need something better.
>>
How many of you losers are so mentally weak that you resort to abusing drugs as a coping mechanism just to get by?
>>
File: 1447907799616.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447907799616.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>24565642
you seem upset freind
>>
>>24565668
does upset mean something else where you're from?
>>
>>24565642
Yes. Drugs are what I look forward to most.
>>
>>24565715
Damn, that sounds depressing.
>>
I thought it was pretty boring tbqh. Not sure whats so spiritual about it
>>
>>24565621
God I hate waiting for drugs in the mail, there's always some fear that you're doing something wrong and you're gonna be arrested even though the drugs are legal.
>>
Should I try dxm
>>
>>24565736
>there's always some fear that you're doing something wrong

You mean aside from fucking your shit up?
>>
>>24565729
>here is a button that makes you happy
>better not push that button anon, it'll just show how weak you are that you can't even be happy without a button

>>24565749
definitely worth trying at least once
>>
>>24565736
because they're technically legal the risk of me being V& is pretty low but the thing is that there's a chance that someone in the facility is holding it there because they know what it is. The seller didn't mention discrete packaging but I didn't think that seeds would draw any attention. I'm probably just being paranoid because I've had regular packages sit in a place for days but the wait is fucking killing me. USPS said it would be here tomorrow but it's been sitting in thte same post office down the street from the seller for close to 3 days now.
>>
>>24565757
But it doesn't really make you happy does it?
It's short-term happiness, where as if you actually worked on whatever issues have led you to the point in your life where you're only happy while high, then you could address and fix those issues and be happy when sober, and not waste your money on some pills or whatever you use just for that few hours of relief before you come down and feel like shit.

Addiction is a vicious cycle, and most addicts are not willing to help themselves.
>>
>>24565118
do you have to go on the deep web to get mxe? i don't know how to do any of that shit, i can't figure it out, all i have is dxm from the grocery store
>>
>>24565079
I would never put something as ass-ugly as those blotters into my mouth. Have some self-respect.
>>
>>24565802
Yep MXE is the most deep web drug out there, if PCP is ghetto then mxe is as onions as it gers
>>
>>24565802
nope, I order mine off the clear net. just gotta go searching.
>>
Why not? Acid is amazing. `
>>
I'm gonna try it, because i want to experience something unusual, and i want to feel something new

with that in mind, is there anything you can say that you might think would convince me not to do it?
>>
File: 1442022356364.jpg (366 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
1442022356364.jpg
366 KB, 653x635
I believe everyone with a relatively healthy mind should take acid at least once in their life, just to experience the privilege of seeing the world from another point of view. Its a really cool drug.
>>
File: 1430398983283.jpg (770 KB, 840x630) Image search: [Google]
1430398983283.jpg
770 KB, 840x630
>>24565079
i've done acid before. trips can get intense and uncomfortable at times. I'd say if you plan on doing acid, here are some general guidelines to make sure your trip goes as best as possible.

>Make sure it's real acid.
You can get test kits for very cheap. NBOMe's (research chemicals) aren't real LSD and are often sold as LSD. NBOMe's can kill you. Always test your acid or you are potentially risking long lasting damage or death. Pure LSD is safe.

>Clear your schedule
Expect to be unable to do anything for 24+ hours not counting sleep. LSD keeps you awake. If you take LSD at night, expect to be up all night and still feeling funny the next day. Plan to be able to do that in a stress free environment (i.e no parents, no shitty friends, just you and a close friend or two)

>Consider getting a tripsitter
A tripsitter is someone in the group who does not take acid, and remains (relatively) sober. A tripsitter can be good because sometimes people on acid will start to panic or try to do something stupid like go outside naked or something. A tripsitter would prevent this.

>Don't panic
Write yourself a note. Sometimes on LSD it's easy to think you've somehow permanently damaged your mind, and it's easy to start freaking out a bit. On LSD, every sensation you feel will feel a bit weird. Visual input, tactile sensation, everything will feel distorted and fucked up. Don't panic, this is normal.

>Don't drop LSD in public
Be in a home or other private place where you and your friends don't have to interact with anyone from outside of the group. I made the mistake of taking LSD with a real stupid friend of mine and we ended up walking around the ghetto at night. It was pretty horrifiying. I didn't know the neighborhood and I was concerned about his mental state and that he wouldn't be able to get us back to his house.
>>
>>24565871
>Why not? Acid is amazing.

Precisely because that. The more amazing I find the world, the less likely I am to understand it.
>>
I thought shrooms were a much more spiritual experience, I've done acid a couple of times now and I had a lot of fun, 9/10 would recommend.
>>
>>24565823
>druggies
>self-respect

toppest of keks
>>
I like it.

Gets you fairly fucked up if you take enough.

Would recommend.
>>
>>24565890
>Sometimes on LSD it's easy to think you've somehow permanently damaged your mind

Wow. Is that true? That would mean that druggies *can* introspect and draw true conclusions about one's psyche during a trip, after all. Pity that that self-awareness vanishes after the trip.
>>
>>24565880
Acid was used in the 50s to get people take their underlying traumas and problems to the light easier, if you have issues in your life you will most likely have to face them. It's okay though, once you get your mind out of the headfuck its really pleasurable. Have fun!
>>
File: 1405272369385.gif (438 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1405272369385.gif
438 KB, 500x500
hallucinogen eater reporting in.

dear robots, don't buy into the hippie bullshit of "psychedelics can change your life". yes, they can be positive. but if you're the type who gets anxious just talking to girls, what will happen when the walls are breathing and the nearest items of food are talking to you? what will happen if you start to think that will never come down?

people who push the idea of psychedelics only being positive are simply fools who have never seen the dark side of this stuff. i can handle this stuff, you might not be able to. if you plan on doing this, read up on erowid and dose lightly at first.
>>
>Drugs

How does it feel to be one of the dregs of society ohpee?
>>
>>24565947
define "issues"
i have a lot of emotional baggage, and rarely talk about them, but i don't refuse the fact that they are there
>>
>>24565947
>face them

The sophistry whereby becoming supremely concerned with avoidance of one's past so-called problems ('I understood that it is of vital importance that I no longer worry, I understood that the most important thing is connecting with others, I understood that I must appreciate life for what it is') is called 'facing them' is...

typical.
>>
>>24565971

this. if you don't know how to handle a panic attack or handle your anxiety, then probably don't do it
>>
>>24565971
this
the people with positive experiences are much louder, while those with negative experiences don't want to discuss it and avoid drug threads/situations
>>
>>24565977
It's usually folk with some kind of mental illness that use anything other than weed.
From my experiences anyway.

Either way, drugs are a huge red flag if looking for a long term relationship as I learned the hard way.
>>
>>24565939
I really wish I could agree with you, but I've done a variety of psychedelics multiple times and I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any mental capacity. I mean I'm not going to tell you they made me more intelligent or something, but you'd have to be an idiot to think that they affect you negatively that much.
>>
File: 1418404986304.png (32 KB, 654x586) Image search: [Google]
1418404986304.png
32 KB, 654x586
>>24565079
>tfw got acid from dark web (150ug)
>took it alone in my room
>pretty decent, got bored very quickly
>eat doritos, stare at the ceiling
>doritos gets stuck in my throat because I forget to swallow
>stop breathing for about a minute and dont notice it
>begin to freak out because i feel something is wrong
>run around the room because i dont know what to do while chocking on doritos

I guess Im just not made for acid

I
>>
>>24565572
>LSD is extremely dangerous
source?
i think you're talking about other chems :^)
>>
>>24565642
you seem to be on the wrong board
>>
>>24565971
A druggie after a good trip sees the world as full of opportunities in which to assert one's newly rekindled free will and pursue one's goals unfettered by self-doubt.

A druggie after a bad trip sees the world through his exacerbated mental issues.

Someone who has never done drugs sees the world through the lens of linear elasticity, exponential discounting, and population equilibria.
>>
>>24566062
So you buy drugs from the internet and just take them alone in your room?

Sounds really unhealthy if we're being honest.
>>
>>24565978
Well, depending on how good your acid is, you might feel the need of talking about your emotional baggage with someone. Acid has this thing going on that makes you bond more easily with people. I mean, it won't make you want to jump out of a window, just take note of it. Acid makes your brain create new neural connections, so you will find shit that bothered you might not do it at all after the trip.

I mention the quality of the LSD because some tabs are so good that they don't make you face this shit, is just pure psychedelic bliss.
>>
>>24566114
Why's that? Do you have to be a degenerate hippy / druggy to post here now?
I missed the rule change if so.
>>
>>24566033
>I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any mental capacity

Definitely.

The tragedy is that you are not aware that definition of mental capacity can change, though.
>>
>>24566140
>How many of you losers are so mentally weak that you resort to abusing drugs as a coping mechanism just to get by?
>How many of you losers are so mentally weak
most of us

I mean if we want to kill ourselves obv we don't gaf about taking drugs.

Think before you type.
>>
>>24566122
tell me about it, I bought 350mg of Chine White heroin for curiosity, it never arrived for some reason but if it did I would have probably overdosed
>>
>>24566123
>shit that bothered you might not do it at all after the trip

This is exactly what I fear every day may happen to me. Caring about, being bothered by, something is the most precious mental trait of all, from which literally all other virtues come. Altruism, self-development, correcting and criticizing others and oneself. And incidentally, literally every trip report says how 'I stopped caring/fearing/worrying/...'.
>>
>>24566148
What the fuck does that even mean? If I'm still able to learn and understand at the same rate that I was before, and I'm not tripping out in the middle of the day for no reason I really see no evidence for me being negatively affected.
>>
>>24565079
In my opinion LSD tastes too chemically. The trip, everything it's too unnatural. Now ayahousca, that's a drug I can get behind. Absolute spiritual rebirth, full on entity contact, visuals that will blow your fucking mind to pieces and then some.
>>
File: 173.gif (105 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
173.gif
105 KB, 300x100
>>24565939
It's hard to explain. My experience with psychedelics is not a whole lot. To me, it's more like a dream state that you can recall perfectly later. It's easy to feel like you've lost control and you're on autopilot, or that you've given yourself brain damage or some shit. I'd imagine if you go into it with a "this too shall pass" attitude you'd be fine.

I think the consensus on LSD is that it can be either a really cool or a really shitty experience, and that you should do everything you can beforehand to ensure your comfort and safety.
>>
>>24566167
If you wanted to kill yourself you'd have done it, you want happiness which you try to garner through some bullshit pills.

I don't understand why not work on improving yourself instead?
It's 1000 x more rewarding.
>>
>>24566238
>If I'm still able to learn and understand at the same rate that I was before

'Able'. 'Able' means absolutely nothing. What matters is *whether* you have begun learning and understanding, which subjects, and whether you put that knowledge to social use.
>>
>>24566240
LSD has no flavor. You likely got 25i-NBOMe which not only tastes like bitter metal, but can leave long lasting damage and death in some cases.

Before taking LSD, you must test it and make sure it's actually LSD, unless you don't care about the risks.
>>
>>24565621
Get ready for a stomach ache m8
>>
>>24566278
You're actually just saying contrarian things that have no relevance to the topic at all. I know a lot of people who have done acid, myself included, who took acid one night and the next day went to work as usual. Last time I did acid I tripped for 8 hours and the next day went to class and went through my regular schedule like nothing happened. You ever think that maybe some people are already weak minded and acid undoes them more than they expected it to? It's really not that crazy of a drug.
>>
>>24565729
Obvious b8 is obvious m8
>>
>>24566167
Why do people always claim to want to kill themselves these days?

You clearly don't want it bad enough.
>>
>>24566381
That's not even bait, if all your have to look forward to in life is your next fix I legitimately feel bad for you.

I don't have that much going for me in life myself but things haven't got that bad because I keep on top of things.
>>
>>24565880
I've done it three times and will not do it again. Some of the cons are:
Lasts too long...6 hours of fun tripping followed by 6 hours of kind of intense speeding where your mind races like crazy. Takes a full 24 hours before you start to feel back to normal.

mind zaps for two weeks after and i had spells where i would have mild hallucinations and see things move or break into fractals

Gave me low self esteem. That's just me though but i always felt like a huge loser for a week after even though i always took it with friends and had fun
>>
>>24566278
>which subjects

Because (cue shrieks of 'UNSCIENTIFIC!!!' from druggies who don't understand the scientific method, A-G-A-I-N),

https://google.com/search?q="psychs|psychedelics|psychedelic|LSD|shrooms|mushrooms made me"

I literally see no benefit. Only narrowing of consciousness, 'I became more politics-engaged, people-oriented, nature-connected, music-appreciating, confidence-having, go-letting'.
>>
>>24566453
Mind zaps are common for nbomes and other research chemicals, but not LSD.

Do agree with trips lasting too long though. Mushrooms are a lot better in that regard.
>>
I know it's relatively irrelevant to an acid discussion but I took molly for the first time at EDC a few weeks ago.

>never tried anything besides small amounts of weed in High School
>gf convinces me to get molly for us, somehow manage to find a seller
>take it there
>feel good then incredibly scared like I'm gonna die cause my body was heating up so much
>drink some water, embrace the fact that I'm high as fuck and stop being scared after a while
>sit on the grass with earplugs on listening to incredibly loud EDM
>finally start to stop rolling and just feel like I smoked some weed for the rest of the night

Shit was scary as fuck to me. Never took anything that altered my mind before. I still have two caps but I'm going to wait another 2 months before we take them, also just going to do it at my own home so I don't get anxious about people finding out even though most people clearly knew we were on drugs.
>>
>>24566468
The vilest claims are, of course, those like this one:

>[It] gives one pause for thought - the "question authority" idea fundamentally starts with questioning the ultimate authority - one's own perception of reality, and the recognition that we have a somewhat tenuous hold on it.

>take 'psychedelics'
>trip begins
>im confus
>THEREFORE THE UTMOST REALIZATION IS THAT OF GROUNDLESSNESS OF ALL TRUTH AND ABSOLUTE SUBJECTIVITY OF ALL KNOWLEDGE AND NARROW-MINDEDNESS OF EVERY SINGLE ARROGANT FOLLOWER OF SCIENTISM WHO TAKES REALITY FOR GRANTED

They won't shut up about it, either.
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 794x716) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 794x716
>>24566354
I'll be sure to have some weed on hand to quell my stomach IF THEY EVER GET HERE

also can someone tell me if the package is actually stuck or am I just being a paranoid baby?
>>
>>24566628
Though then, there are hilarious ones, too:

>...why are psychedelics illegal, again?
>
>"I've never known anything like that in my whole life"
>"That's what death is going to be like and oh what fun it will be"
>"Suddenly you notice that there aren't these separations, that we aren't on seperate islands, shouting across... empathy... we're part of a single continent, it meets underneath the water"
>
>There is no way for the Man to control a population that feels like this.

>sheep that swallow literally every kind of conspiracy or bullshit religious metaphor and are much more sensitive to nonverbal 'body language' than the religious person
>uncontrollable

In a sense, yes; there would be nothing to control in a society consisting of such individuals, because it would unglue itself in two weeks.
>>
File: hit kicking in.gif (2 MB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
hit kicking in.gif
2 MB, 300x176
>>24565572
>LSD is extremely dangerous and can be detected in your system many years after ingesting

Holy shit
It's undetectable and literally out of your system in a day or two
>>
>>24565079
How hard is it to find acid IRL? I know SR exists, but that shit's unpredictable and you can get pinned.
>>
>>24566723
>than the religious person
*than the regular person
>>
>>24566729
Two weeks with a spinal tap, but who the fuck is going to tap your spine to test for LSD?
>>
File: assdick.png (74 KB, 535x291) Image search: [Google]
assdick.png
74 KB, 535x291
>>24566672
Now we all know there's a package with weed in it at the US Post Office in Opa Locka FL.

who /mischief/ here?
>>
so how many of you are actually addicted to drugs?
>>
>>24566769
Use your powers against people who deserve it, brobot. Why do the UPS people deserve free weed? Fucking normies.
>>
>>24565090
someone should make a blotter paper with this pic on it.
>>
>>24566773
You don't get addicted to drugs; you get addicted to the things they make you like. I.e. religion, socializing, etc. They literally make you a normie.
>>
File: frans-hals-descartes[1].jpg (73 KB, 476x484) Image search: [Google]
frans-hals-descartes[1].jpg
73 KB, 476x484
The druggie's questioning of reality is incredibly weak and totally void of substance. He sets up an argument "I cannot trust my own perceptions", but does not support it beyond "These drugs make me feel differently". It's like debating with a child.
>>
>>24566773
lol none of them, they're all just sober teenagers pretending to be buzzed, I know I am anyway, I'm here for the /ambiance/
>>
>>24566807
What?

Somebody in a drug thread that is right?

I don't understand.
>>
>>24566807
dude acid lmao
essentially it solidifies what you already know, that the world is mostly empty space and you see what your body tells you to see
>>
File: 1427008786918.jpg (56 KB, 488x558) Image search: [Google]
1427008786918.jpg
56 KB, 488x558
>>24566769
not only is it not weed but it's not an illegal substance
>google hangouts
>google anything

go bug someone else, schlomo.
>>
>>24566252
i never said i want to die, stop assuming assumtions.
I take drugs because I'm bored lol.
>>
>>24565999

I was institutionalized for 45 days after my last trip four years ago.

Literally only posting in this thread because of the comment I'm replying to. Don't really care about other people not taking it if they're gonna take it anyway.
>>
>>24565079
Why not just do micro-dosing? Below threshold doses of LSD is much more fun and is basically a performance enhancer for life.
>>
>>24566803
What a stupid answer
>>
>>24566252
>you want happiness which you try to garner through some bullshit pills.
>try
have you ever taken opiates before
i wouldnt call it try lmao
>>
>>24566807
Most normies don't come up against the idea of "Gee, my perceptions might not be all there could possibly be" all that often. Drugs are a cut and dry way of proving that there is, if you're speaking to someone without substance, then yeah, it's going to be like talking to a child because all they can finger about the experience is that it was DIFFERENT. Depending on the person, drugs can be the first step to intellectual activeness, or the first step in a long slow decline.
>>
>>24566846
Wow, what happened?
>>
>>24566837
You sound like such a lower-class piece of shit.
>>
File: 1429236687092.jpg (43 KB, 444x471) Image search: [Google]
1429236687092.jpg
43 KB, 444x471
>>24566836
just called and let them know that there is likely a package containing drugs in their post office and to inspect all packages carefully.

nice attempt though
>>
>>24566628
The saddest thing is that no one changes. Ive seen assholes who are shitty to others, lazy, opportunistic wrongdoers take acid, and claim to have this ephiphany about the world. But then they just remain the same asshole they were before, but with an added speech about universal oneness to throw around at parties. It's fucking lame
>>
>>24566861
No, it's true. Every druggie swears that 'they won't change who you really are, they just show it', but that very every druggie will also say that 'they made me realize how I should spend more time doing this-or-that (you'll see that there is a VERY narrow number of druggie pastimes), and that effect hasn't yet worn off'. Their unawareness of their inconsistency is natural, by the way.
>>
Anecdotally: I took acid and I was fine, better even.

Empirically: There is no reason to not take acid; obviously safely, like any drug.
>>
>>24566870
>drugs
>new perceptions
>intellectual

Sorry, that thing or two that your brain shat out is not a 'new perception', it's just religious Alan Watts-tier nonsense.
>>
>>24566875
Legitimately had a total break from reality, stayed high until they shot anti psychotics (high dose of haliperidol) into me.

>thought I invented a device that could project sound to the entire universe
>thought I was Eros reborn
>thought old toothless lady was Aphrodite but she got old
>thought I was in hell and Hitler was the ruler
>>
>>24566932
That sounds amazing. Sorry if I'm trivializing your misfortune, but goddamn, I'd want to end up batshit insane like that.
>>
File: 1418561798108.png (760 KB, 1280x715) Image search: [Google]
1418561798108.png
760 KB, 1280x715
>>24566894
nigga it's florida. Opa Locka at that. at least a quarter of those packages have drugs in them. do you honestly think the underpaid dregs of a sorting facility give enough of a shit to do anymore work than necessary? assuming it hasn't already been held up for the same reason when it first got there. You're wasting your google minutes, ya goober.
>>
>>24566928
And neither is your precious 'you/I can always be wrong'. A druggie realizes for the first time in their life that one can be aware of one's thoughts, and the first thing that comes to his disabled mind is to say 'what if they're all wrong'? That's not self-awareness. Self-awareness is knowing how would your behaviour change if you were injected a certain agent or virus or a part of your brain were excised or something.
>>
>>24566958
I tried to kill myself and some Chad wrestled the knife out of my hand (stupid college housing) and I got arrested and roughed up by police while suicidally depressed and psychotic.
>>
File: 1433355603069.gif (2 MB, 200x313) Image search: [Google]
1433355603069.gif
2 MB, 200x313
>>24565572
Buh buh buh bait! You're a thirsty guy aren't ya? Lol
>>
>>24566928
Are you arguing that drugs don't alter your perception, that intellectualism isn't tied to perspective, or that I'm too drunk to be typing coherently?

>>24566984
Seems like you're restraining the term "self-awareness" to a pretty narrow definition brobot. I'd say it's a pretty reasonable exercise to begin any particular project with the assumption that your assumptions could be wrong.
>>
>>24566846
>>24566932
>>24566988
The most painful thing is that you think that you 'understand your errors now', and think you're helping people with spouting your Lacan-tier poison at them (for I have absolutely no doubt that you are a real therapist -- I know what kind of people goes into it).
>>
>>24567036
>assumption that your assumptions could be wrong

Babby's first cliche... and, experience shows, with respect to this particular kind of babbies who have taken 'psychedelics', last as well, for they never grow out of the impression that this is a meaningful retort to literally every criticism they hear.
>>
What about DMT?
>>
>>24567037
Wrong, I take kratom every two hours For suicidal depression and never judge people about their drug use. Nice try tho kid, be faster next time.
>>
>>24566984
You're a moron. Implying that LSD doesn't divorce you from your ego and that sort of bare self reflection can be found any other way? Why are you afraid of holding up a mirror? Is it because you're so judgmental that you know deep down that any self-scrutiny would lead to suicide? Get out of here, you don't belong in this conversation.
>>
I'm sure this is blatantly obvious to most people, but the guy who says "druggies" in almost every post is clearly a troll. It's almost like a signature.
>>
>>24567037
Also I'm jungian (when I can get away with it by attaching it to insurance approved modalities) Do you really think I'd be on her if I was a post modernist?

do you honestly think a therapist who goes on r9k like you do wouldn't be extremely helpful to you?
>>
>>24567064
The particular cliche is one of the most immediate and obvious. I'm not inferring that it's a tool that one should use constantly and in any given situation. Heuristics are an important part of one's daily function. Psychedelics are interesting in that they do a lot to (temporarily) damage one's use of heuristics, and I think that might be where the cliche arises.
>>
>>24567036
>you're restraining the term "self-awareness"
>>24567082
>divorce you from your ego
>>24567082
>bare self reflection
>>24567082
>holding up a mirror
>>24567082
>self-scrutiny
>>24567157
>damage one's use of heuristics

'My drug experience made me feel funny about myself.'
'Like, it made me feel funny about myself really, really, really, really bad.'
'This means that it must have be meaningful, right? That I can use terms such as self-understanding or self-reflection with respect to that funny feeling, right?'
'Oh, and also. I do get to call people unscientific and lacking curiosity when they tell me that my purely emotional sense of confusion and and humility and insignificance and exhilaration and was just that, a vapid emotional impression that carried no testable hypothesis, right? I do get to say that it was meaningful too because it "had to do with self-awareness", right? This is an adequate definition of meaningfulness, isn't it?'
>>
File: Painting_of_David_Hume.jpg (218 KB, 461x567) Image search: [Google]
Painting_of_David_Hume.jpg
218 KB, 461x567
>>24566807
Get a load of this fag.
>>
>>24565079
either that is not acid, or it is all gone, because uv light kills lsd buddy
>>
>>24567182
In other words, just because you tards can't tell gibberish from non-gibberish if your lives depended on it doesn't mean that your crappy 'need to try to understand', 'everyone's an island', 'blue vs blind', 'you mustn't avoid experiences', 'you must taste the void', 'you don't know what understanding is unless you feel how it is to understand nothing'... isn't it.
>>
>>24567232
'B-but no those are deeply relevant because I FEEL that they are relevant!'

Drugs LITERALLY make one believe that crap about experiencing and learning and understanding is relevant.
>>
>>24567182
I took freshman psychology too. If you can't come up with something better than this, you should switch majors.
>>
>>24567069
Is it safer?
>>
>>24567256
>speak about self-reflections and self-realizations and self-ah-I-don't-even-want-to-bother-this-time
>accuse of being a psychologist
>>
>>24565572
If you get real LSD-25, not an RC, nbome, 25i, or any of that shit, there should be no real harm.
UNLESS there is something preexisting, and the LSD trip sparks that. ie: you already have mild psychosis-like traits, negative/paranoid thoughts that are a bit delusional. It may drive those very far if you're not able to "control" yourself.
You can pull yourself together after it, but it's a stressful experience.
>>
>>24567182
In short, the most pitiful example of the depths of druggie Dunning-Kruger is how every single one says that 'the experience cannot be expained/defined/described'.
>>
>>24567255
If you are achieving your potential without the use of drugs, that's great news. But I would guess that you're not achieving your potential mainly due to to your shitty attitude and openly and proudly closed-minded worldview. I promise this comes through in your real life and not just on the internet. I promise it's what's holding you back from being successful.
>>
>>24565799
Not him but I was suicidal and causing lots of physical harm to myself prior to drugs.
>>
File: 1383823869427.gif (2 MB, 391x237) Image search: [Google]
1383823869427.gif
2 MB, 391x237
>>24567182
To be honest I'm not quite sure if this is just shitposting or not.

"My drug experience made me feel funny about myself."
That's what some drugs can do, I'm with you so far.

"Like, it made me feel funny about myself really, really, really, really bad."
I can see why this is the way someone's thought process could go, still with you.

"This means that it must have be meaningful, right? That I can use terms such as self-understanding or self-reflection with respect to that funny feeling, right?"
I think what you were trying to describe in the couple sentences above is introspection about oneself initiated by drug use. If that's the case, then yes, I would argue the experience was meaningful for the individual. We could call this introspection "self-understanding" or "self-reflection", sure. This introspection doesn't happen all the time, and by definition it's not without flaw.

'Oh, and also. I do get to call people unscientific and lacking curiosity when they tell me that my purely emotional sense of confusion and and humility and insignificance and exhilaration and was just that, a vapid emotional impression that carried no testable hypothesis, right? I do get to say that it was meaningful too because it "had to do with self-awareness", right? This is an adequate definition of meaningfulness, isn't it?'

Ah, here we go, this is where you lost me. I think you're confusing the introspection ("self-reflecting") that occurs as a result of the emotions one felt during a drug experience with the drug experience itself. I wouldn't necessarily call someone who refuses to do these substances "unscientific", since as you pointed out there really isn't a hypothesis being tested, but I would definately say they were lacking in curiosity.

You're also a fuckboi for cherry-picking qoutes.
>>
>>24565799
What if you're already happy and do drugs? Pretty sure there is nothing wrong with recreational drug use especially if you can sustain yourself

Inb4 if you were happy you wouldn't do drugs
>>
kill yourself polack kek
>>
>>24567312
>closed-minded

Oh? What is my mind closed to, then? What fact about myself?

Oh right, I forgot, I wouldn't understand it anyway unless I try them myself.

>muh sikret enlightenment

Or is it still the 'you can always be wrong, learn some humility dude', cliche which somehow I don't TRULY understand until I, again, according to your totally-not-arbitrary, notally-not-imaginary definition of TRUE understanding, until I experience that feeling of INSIGNIFICANCE IN FACE OF THE COMPLEXITY OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE SELF during a 'psychedelic' trip?

You aren't full of shit, strictly speaking; but your brain definitely is.
>>
>>24565999
I remember smoking too much weed and I got hit with Depersonlization. I still have it 2 years later, I had panic attacks and a mild panic disorder afterwards. I beat the panic attacks that was easy shit. But the DPDR and the constant feeling of dissociation was not worth the high whatsoever.

It is so funny when I started to look up if other people had the same experiences, then you realize how many people experience negative side effects from hallucinogens. The only reason why people act like hallucinogens are safe is because of wanting to increase positive public perception of psychedelics in general, shit like "WEED IS NATURAL BRO!", "LSD IS SAFE BRO" gets more upvotes than someone telling their story of how they developed mild psychosis or got an anxiety disorder out of a trip.

Once Weed gets decriminalized nationally expect to see the word "Depersonalization" hit the national headlines as well. I can count on it.
>>
File: 1427758175581.gif (57 KB, 74x98) Image search: [Google]
1427758175581.gif
57 KB, 74x98
>>24567385
I have never once heard even a rumor or far-flung internet tail related to weed and depersonalization. I have, however, heard of weed accelerating the progression of underlying mental illnesses. I have some bad news, anon...
>>
Why is it usually people with some kind of "personality" disorder that are into drugs other than weed?
>>
>>24567368
>>24567312
Or wait, wait, no, is your secret understanding, that I'll totally not get, the totally-a-fact-and-totally-not-a-hypothesisless reproach that 'I should realize how I shouldn't have been wasting my life on 4chan and how there is profound insight to be gleaned regarding one's choice of priorities in life'?

Just give a hint, druggie, even a cryptic one as they always are, don't leave me hanging.
>>
>>24567425
Escapism. At least, for me. Why'd you stick "personality' disorder in quotes anon, do you not think personalities are a legitimate mental illness?
>>
>>24567408
Nah senpai, you can't scare me boogieman. I'm mentally all good. Like I said I beat panic disorder and I'm emotionally fine, beating anxiety really isn't that hard.

But yeah DPDR is an actual thing just look it up, it isn't harmful at all its just a slight change in perception. Hell if I go psychotic that's just a life of vagabonding for me.
>>
>>24567368
>Oh right, I forgot, I wouldn't understand it anyway unless I try them myself.
Nobody said that, least of all me. LSD divorces you from your ego temporarily and occasionally makes people hallucinate. That's the explanation of what it does. It's not secret. It's well documented.

What you haven't apparently learned yet is that everyone's mind is different, and the experience of the drug is unique to the individual, but the effect is the same every time for everyone. Your uneducated or at least misinformed rant here, I mean, I didn't even read it since you don't seem interested in anything that doesn't confirm what's already in your head.

Which is the definition of closed-minded.

I give up.
>>
>>24567325
>meaningful for the individual

I have never, not even at 14 or 12, replied to a statement with a single 'LOL'.

The time has come.

LOL.
>>
>>24567463
I do think they are a legitimate mental illness, it's just often I notice people with x personality disorder are the people using acid / shrooms / mdma.

Seems kinda depressing to me as an observer, I'd hate to be reliant on a drug.
>>
>>24565079
lsd is an overrated meme drug. ive done it 3 times now. all of it has been real lsd that ive sourced from the darknet.

250 ug
150 ug
300 ug

all 3 trips weren't bad trips, they were just stupid and disorienting. and the comedown is aggravating as hell.

>want to sleep
>start thinking about sleep
>feel like im drifting off
>mind goes off on some stupid thought
>realize im no longer drifting off but thinking like crazy
>repeat for like 5 hours
>>
File: cat.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
cat.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>24567478
>I'm mentally all good
You've spent a life vagabonding and you're posting on /r9k/. As it was said, we have some bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>24567483
And now, it is of course ludicrous. Only drugs can make you sufficient an idiot to break your definition of 'meaning' from 'the fact signified' or 'relative importance' to 'uh... well... some sort of... it's hard to explain. it just changed my life, okay? it's personal! why don't you understand that understanding is subjective? meaning is a social construct! stop oppressing me, you psychodelophobic scum!'.
>>
>>24567498
oh and i forgot to mention the worst aspect of lsd: its unpredictability. it's possible for people with no past history of mental illness, no family history of mental illness, and a previous record of having used lsd with no bad side effects to take a normal dose of lsd and suddenly go fucking crazy and wind up in the psych ward for a few weeks. and there's also the risk of seizures, even for people with no history of seizures.
>>
>>24567538
There is no credible evidence for this.
>>
>>24567325
>I would definately say they were lacking in curiosity

My curiosity ends where the thing to be curious about damages my ability to be self-critical of my conclusions about it.
>>
>>24567481
>everyone's mind is different, and the experience of the drug is unique to the individual

If not the most unscientific mindset one can have, then definitely in the top ten.
>>
>>24565793
Was it recently? Could the thanksgiving holiday just be slowing down the mail?
>>
Don't do it robots. LSD is dangerous.

My friend got perma-fried after just a few trips.
>>
>>24567538
I can confirm this. I've taken 200ug and been (relatively) sober, and on a separate occasion taken 150ug and been unable to move from the couch because my mind was drifting off from my body. Conversely to the anon I'm quoting however, this is part of what I love about LSD, and what makes it unattractive for addicts. They seek a product which yields dependable results, and LSD is anything, but predictable. Seizures and winding up in a psych ward though? It can happen, but not from LSD alone, and if you wind up in a psych ward it's your own damn fault. Set and setting.

>>24567592
That's fair, but true of most things which yield a positive reaction from your brain. Religion, nationality, and pot for example. You could objectively learn more about LSD from scientific trials in which you have had no part, but the "learning" from LSD comes from reflecting on the experience. in my opinion. You're an individual, and I'm not going to sway your orientation towards drugs through a forum post, but surely you came to this thread looking for different perspectives rather than a pedestal from which to spout your views?
>>
>>24567566
you are absolutely retarded. there are hundreds of anecdotal reports of it across the internet, and there are dozens of scholarly articles i found in just 10 seconds of googling.

ECT in LSD Psychosis: A Report of Three Cases (American Journal of Psychiatry)

Adverse Reactions to Psychedelic Drugs (The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease)

etc

I'm sure you're going to shitpost this article: http://www.nature.com/news/no-link-found-between-psychedelics-and-psychosis-1.16968

But of course you're too stupid to discern the difference between the statements:

(1) There is no link between psychedelic drug use and psychosis

and

(2) Psychedelic drug use can cause psychosis
>>
Most drugs can be very dangerous.

who /derealisation/ here? I've had this sporadically since June when I went to Amsterdam and smoked a lot of strong kush (gave me hallucinations/on-going amnesia etc at the time).

Imagine all of a sudden having an ultimate "realisation" that your entire life and existence was just a drug trip and that nothing is real or meaningful. Not just a thought, it's a different level of consciousness. That bad.
>>
>>24567666
>objectively learn
>objectively
>learn
>as if 'subjective learning' existed

Druggies LITERALLY don't notice when they say shit like this.
>>
>>24567631
Well, "everyone's mind is unique" is the basis of the field of psychology. If you don't believe in hundreds of years of social science research and constant study throughout, then I hope that you've got some credential or life experience or something that gives you some basis for dismissing an entire field of study out of hand.

Inb4 the Bible.

You are anti-science, and that's a bigger problem than r9k can handle.
>>
>>24567643
ordered them on the 21st. almost a week ago now. the holidays could be the reason. or it could be that the mailmen aren't scanning it when it gets to its destinations. I've heard that happens. I live in texas so while there are tons of factors that could slow it down, getting from florida to my city shouldn't be too big an adventure for such a package.
>>
>>24567725
>"everyone's mind is unique" is the basis of the field of psychology

Have they changed any university's motto to 'Generalizations are wrong.' yet?

By the look of things, and by the accelerating adoption of 'psychedelics', it seems it ought to happen any year now.
>>
>>24567664
Define perma-fried
>>
File: 1436816974316.png (129 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1436816974316.png
129 KB, 625x626
>>24567724
Ah, you're a troll. Very well, here's your macro, toddle on back to /b/.
>>
Guy I worked with started using MDMA and eventually LSD, idk what happened but he fucked his shit up something horrid and lost his job from too much time spent "sick" (I think he was in some mental ward or something)

I don't see the point in drugs, I don't need to be off my head to enjoy myself and it seems, at least in my area that it's only the underclass types that are into drugs.
>>
>>24567761
>surely you came to this thread looking for different perspectives
>perspectives

I don't give a shit about your 'perspectives' about 'respecting others' perspectives'. Give me facts or noko the fuck out of this thread.
>>
>>24567783
>noko
*nonoko
>>
File: 1435076097348.jpg (50 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1435076097348.jpg
50 KB, 625x626
>>24567783
>Give me facts relating to subjective experiences that cannot be quantified in a meaningful way with today's technology!

I'm not sure what facts you're looking for sempai.
>>
>>24567822
>TRUE understanding is not about physical facts about what happens in the brain during the trip
>TRUE understanding is about feeling the qualia, man!!!

We've been through this dozens of times too many.
>>
>>24565642
you can't really abuse the stronger psychedelics unless you are extremely deep into them
>>
File: Salvia comic green couch.jpg (692 KB, 1056x4830) Image search: [Google]
Salvia comic green couch.jpg
692 KB, 1056x4830
>>24566240
*ayahuasca

>>24565079
Acid and shrooms are great, but sometimes I don't want to spend 8 hours wandering around random parks and laughing at birds.

Salvia is my drug of choice
>tastes good
>completely rips you right out of this universe
>contact with higher entities
>only lasts literally a minute
>sober as a stone afterwards
> has that same euphoric afterglow feeling as shrooms
>does a nice job of inexplicably washing away anxieties and whatnot, almost like it defragments your psyche.
>>
>>24565079
acid is great craic op
>>
>>24567714
I've had it, for a while now. It sucks ass, when I first got it I felt completely fucked and I was permanently stuck in a hole. Now I'm 80% and all of the completely shitty symptoms have went away.

I now have a bigger appreciation for mental healthy/ sanity and I also am more self-reflective. Also I'm much more self-aware.
>>
File: dexpepe.png (62 KB, 304x342) Image search: [Google]
dexpepe.png
62 KB, 304x342
weigh 210 lb, gonna take 350 dxm and 100 dph tonight on a nearly-empty stomach i think, what should i do while i trip?
>>
>>24567839
I understand your problem now. You're drinking from a glass labelled "idiot-hippy" and expecting it to taste like "intellectual". As I've stated before the "understanding" one gleans from psychedelic experiences are not the experiences themselves, but reflecting on why you felt what you felt. Some people stop before this critical second step, and wind up with this air-fairy "You wouldn't get it because you haven't done it" position. I suppose understanding is sort of a simultaneously internal and external process. You touch a burning stove for the first time, and you understand that it is hot. Your understanding of it being hot isn't intrinsic in the object. Similarly, you can understand the mechanics of why a trip happens, but full comprehension as to what that actually MEANS for you is difficult to acquire without actually partaking.

To use a more coquelle example, people often reference pot as making you feel "euphoric", but to really understand the "euphoria", you would have to experience it. One can be told of the beauty of a painting, but to fully appreciate what "beauty" means in the context to which they are referencing it, you would have to have seen it for yourself.

I also had to google "qualia", that's a good word.
>>
>>24567946
Same here my man. I'll never forget the day I woke up in my bed and nothing felt real or made sense anymore. I legit felt like a mental patient and thought my life was over. On top of this I had temporary memory loss that got worse and worse until most of my memories were literally gone. Took a few days for them to trickle back in.

>I now have a bigger appreciation for mental healthy/ sanity and I also am more self-reflective
Same here. It almost changed my career path to work with the mentally ill. I will help these people one day. IMO, most if not all mental illnesses are reversible.
>>
>>24567755
In other words, since I can't hook up a machine and tell you specifically what will happen if you do it, your instinct is to fear it and discredit entire scientific fields. Remember that the same thing can be said for any psychoactive medication, and really any pharmaceutical product. But perhaps you can pray for a solution to what's wrong with you
>>
>>24565079
Did it once. It was meh. I didn't experience anything life changing that other anons have said talked about.
>>
File: 1447928817157.jpg (15 KB, 243x216) Image search: [Google]
1447928817157.jpg
15 KB, 243x216
>>24565642
literally the entire planet, m8

Have you never heard of alcohol?
>>
>>24568097
Yes but there are those who drink socially, and those who are unable to go a week without getting shitfaced.
>>
>>24566959
>package containing drugs
>HBWR seeds
https://www.erowid.org/plants/hbw/hbw_law.shtml
not even a part of this arguement but i just wanted to make that clarification
>>
>>24567970
i wouldnt suggest taking dxm, i regretted it (did it a lot)
It's kinda lame desu, expect not being able to walk, nausea, slight morphing of things
>>
>>24567908
how would I get ahold of salvia? It's illegal in my state, not sure about federal level.

Agree with you on aya, it's a lovely feeling once you get past the initial nausea/purging.
>>
>be me
>want to take shrooms at metal festival
>go to the nearest white guy who is tweaking inter-dimensionally
>he is all out of shrooms
>but this merchant has some lsd
>always been afaird of lsd since a classmate in my applied maths class took it and could see trails everytime he moved his hands
>get drunk buy acid of said tweaking merchant
>start to panic at 1st for bad taste
>claim down after drinking more
>leave isengard on go to the main stage
>smoke joints and mosh for next 4 hours or so
>drink more can't stand at this stage
>sit down and watch "death" (my second time seeing them)
>hear voice is my head screaming how "acid is effecting my mental health"
>turn out to be the bass player yelling that
>start to peak to opeth
>oh fuck dot jpeg
>every thing become like super sonic hd
>everything sounds like analog vinyl
>brain litterally melts
>starts stroking an english flag
>guy turns around asks what my problem is
>"800 years m8, 800 years m8 you took my country resources and my women"
>"give us a fag m8"
>hands over fag because white guilt
>smoke fag and chill out
>it was a good day mang
>>
>>24567074
Where do I get Kratom, man? Any strain recommendations?
>>
>>24568238
I researched on Erowid for like 3 hours before pulling the trigger and I had been looking into the seeds for weeks prior. But like I said: I'm paranoid because they've been sitting at a processing plant when the due date is tomorrow
>>
File: awyeqh.gif (273 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
awyeqh.gif
273 KB, 320x240
>>24568431
I laughed royally, well done.
>>
>>24568425
You live in America? idk... cross state lines and buy some in another state, although it might be a big road trip since most states did ban it.

Otherwise I guess just darknet that shit since the average street dealer won't bother with it.
>>
>>24568605
just having a couple of drinks before i go out and I thought I would share my story
>inb4 chad
>>
>>24568041
>reflecting on why you felt what you felt

Except this is false, you delusional druggie.

Drugs literally never reveal causes of behaviour such as 'I connected this to this or that event in my past, or this or that feature of my body/brain'. They just produce delusions such as 'I did it because I was afraid of seeing who I really am'. Of course, they DO change you, for the worse let's again add, but the reveal nothing.

>full comprehension as to what that actually MEANS for you is difficult to acquire without actually partaking

The only thing I can think to compare this delusion of yours is, sorry to say this, belief in God. People having 'mystical' or 'spiritual' experiences can say 'they touched God'. You have had a 'psychedelic' experience and say literally the same thing, except using the different lexeme ('lexeme', not 'word', because it refers to exactly the same delusion): 'I touched Meaning'. It goes exactly the same from now on. 'What is this Meaning you speak of?' 'It can't be explained, it's deeply intimate.' 'What does it entail consquence-speaking? What did it reveal?' 'It is not the sort of subject you can speak of in this terms.' You are simply too embarrassed to call your theism 'God', because you, for this reason or another, cling to the facade of reason. And, of course, you are unaware of the nature of your delusion, namely that it is a memory of an experience that tickled your brain so hard, you are literally unable to recognize it for what it is, an artifact of your brain overconnecting, and instead insist on its 'objective' relevance or 'objective' subjective worth.

Literally, honestly sad.
>>
>>24568716
>>24568041
And of course, you have no choice but to like the millions of other druggies be unaware of how your focus shifted from, to keep to the subject you suggested, studying neuroasthetics, what art is in physical terms of where and when it stimulates the brain, to meaninglessly chewing on the old tired couple of platitudes memory of which happens to satisfy you emotionally, 'understanding art intellectually is something else than appreciating it', 'thinking about life is not the same as living it', 'you will never understand beauty while sitting on 4chan', and so on.

Even after those years, it is sad to see how 'psychedelics' narrow people's awareness and perception.
>>
>>24568707
Same thing brotha, no shame. I am going outside for the first time all week, and to see people even! You probably should have researched psychedelics a little more thoroughly though, and dropping for your first time in a public place was probably not the best idea. I take it you enjoyed your experience despite the setting though?
>>
File: redtoblack.gif (2 MB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
redtoblack.gif
2 MB, 500x272
>>24568785
You're sitting on 4chan too brother. I gotta run, but it's been nice chatting with you. You would probably be more effective at getting your point across if you weren't so abrasive though.
>>
>>24568716
>>24568785
In short, I must have already in addition to correcting the name into 'thymodelics' as well suggest the alternative 'psychecryptics'. By making you emotional, they disinterest you in studying yourself in real, material terms.
>>
>>24568843
>You're sitting on 4chan too brother.

This kind of reproach is what replaces in druggies' values real, physical understanding of themselves and of others. They are no longer interested in learning; they just want to imply, imply, imply, imply that no one is better than anyone else, that one should always look at oneself, that implications are fine, that a bit of irony is good at times, that...

You should literally be killed.
>>
>>24568890
>>24568843
Oh, and I hate the religious-tier implication (ever implications, ever the fucking implications, I am literally sick to my stomach with you slimy cowards never having the basic honesty to say something explicitly, to say it to my face) of your pic, too. 'Remember dude, things can always turn different than you think, don't be hasty, reserve your judgement, don't get lost in assumptions, don't get lost in appearances, be careful, wink wink, reality is tricky, but naturally implying a bit of danger too, there are real hazards of willful ignorance and failure to self-actualize if you disregard this advice, I am wise, I should know, reality is not a game despite my humorous tone, take care, peace'.

Stomach-turning drivel. You could be a sect leader. Saying nothing, only fear-mongering with your fucking cravenly implications and allusions. You are slime.
>>
File: 1446469105322.jpg (39 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1446469105322.jpg
39 KB, 500x388
Acid can be cool, but if you're going to do it, RESEARCH.
RESEARCH as much shit as you can. Set and Setting, activities, all that kind of stuff.

A couple guidelines:

>Make sure if you're going to bring friends (if you have any) that they're trustworthy and care for your well being.
>If you're tripping with your friends, have someone who is sober to help you guys out.
>don't take more than one tab your first time
>if it tastes bitter, it's a spitter (acid has no taste)
>don't get hung up on one idea. if you see something you dont like, quickly move onto something else.

If you want to take acid to "help" yourself I'd recommend taking shrooms or something instead, or at least plan it out. I bought acid with the intent of "fixing" myself, and while it helped, i'd say that overall it was a bad trip.
>>
>>24569358
>Set and Setting

Druggies made this redundant on purpose, so to annoy rational people. Didn't they? Please tell me it was on purpose.
>>
>>24569377
No idea what you're talking about. Set and Setting is just your emotional state and your location prior to tripping.
>>
>tfw there are people on 4chan right now who do drugs
>tfw there are people on 4chan right now who drink alcohol
>tfw there are people on 4chan right now who drink anything other than water
>tfw there are people on 4chan right now who smoke
>tfw there are people on 4chan right now who eat fast food
>tfw there are people on 4chan right now who eat junk food

Sure feels good being superior to literally every one of you miserable faggots
>>
>>24569441
So why not just 'setting'? D: Why not, as I suggested once, 'set(ting)'? Why not 'set*'? Why not 's[ei]tting'? Why everything druggies say, think, and come up with has to be so mind-numbingly, teeth-grittingly uncreative and lifeless?
>>
>>24569588
>'set*'

Or '(mind)set(ting)'. Not even longer than 'set and setting', and more explicit.
>>
>>24569588
>Why everything druggies say, think, and come up with has to be so mind-numbingly, teeth-grittingly uncreative and lifeless?

Well, I know why. Because it lowers their IQ by 15 after the trip.
>>
>>24569588
>>24569639
>It's not how I like it so therefore it's bad

Maybe if you took drugs you'd see why it doesn't matter in the slightest
>>
>>24569772
>it doesn't matter

If the normie's shibboleth is 'you can do it', then the druggie's is this.
>>
Things haven't been the exactly the same since I took acid, and that was a bit over a year ago. Everything looks a bit off. Sometimes it's way light hits an object, sometimes it's when I start thinking about an object's context like whether it's man-made or natural. Then again that was like three tabs on my first time, only having smoked weed prior. I didn't even know drugs could make you see and feel the things acid did to me.
>>
>>24570004
Sometimes after weed I get acid like visual trips flashbacks, it's pretty scary
>>
Psychedelics are just an experience. Nothing more nothing less.

You get to look inside and out like you never have before, and you can become aware of things that were always part of you but never paid any attention to.

It's not a miracle, not a cure, not a sacrament. Some people climb mountains to have similar mystical experiences. There are risks and rewards associated with every option. You could spend years and thousands of dollars training and getting ready to climb, and in itself is a tough and rewarding process. You stand a good chance to loose your life as well. Climbing the mountain is just a destination. It's your path that leads up to it where the real transformation happens. Some say psychedelics are a dirty shortcut, and I neither agree nor disagree. You don't risk your life taking acid, and oftentimes there is little to no preparation involved, and as such, the rewards are very limited in their nature. The end result is different too, but not all that much.

It can be anything you want it to be. You can waste away a weekend with a head full of acid, but that's asking for trouble. There should always be a motivation of some sort to get the most out of it. LSD hasn't removed my depression, or self doubt and low self esteem. But it let me see that really I'm a healthy functioning individual with flaws and imperfections, and so is everyone else, regardless if they acknowledge it or not. I don't fret feeling low anymore. It's part of life. I have a better understanding of the things that I can do to lift me up that don't involve drugs. I see that my situation is transient and not permanent, but I'm at the wheel and need to navigate myself to safer waters. I never really believed that it was all up to me. I quit blaming everyone else for my own personal problems. Take responsibility of the mess you're in. It's the first step. I'm doing things I never saw myself capable off. I try, and if I fail, I am still happy I tried.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 478x373
>>24569588
There is no need to be so booty bothered, anon.
>>
>>24569550
>implying posting on 4chan isn't in and of itself degeneracy.
>>
>>24565402
My lab rats have a certain degree of experience in this field, and its safe to say they had an enjoyable time regardless of spiritual intentions.
>>
>>24567069
>>24567265
My friend said he smoked it once and that it was extremelyfucking intense. I should have asked him what it was comparable to but w/e. The high lasts for around 15 minutes and it is also rather expensive I think.
>>
Acid is a reddit drug. It's the capeshit equivalent of psychedelics, it's too happy go lucky and artificial. Now a real patrish much prefers the gloomy and eerie feel of a shroom trip.
>>
>>24567970
listen to music and close your eyes, man

that's what I do every time
>>
>>24565226
>not for the weak

Yeah, if you are like me and already have a lot of strange thoughts then it will feel like home territory. I remember last time I took it I started thinking about all the fucks who have bad trips, but that this was home territory for me. I was just thinking about all the normies who would be freaking out.
>>
File: 1427135228426.jpg (63 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1427135228426.jpg
63 KB, 400x500
>tfw have schizophrenia so I get to trip balls every night

I have conversations with Indian goddesses and enter people's dreams all the time. Sometimes I don't take my medication just so I get to get comfy with some kratom and have nice conversations all night long.
>>
>>24571582
Also I do psychedelic and dissociative drugs and smoke weed all the time, I really don't care. Fuck people who say you can't do drugs if you have mental problems, they can help a lot with the illness and they're very therapeutic. Imagine having a dot in your view all your life, and it causes you great anxiety. Then you do a drug that produces a stronger dot but it's euphoric and fascinating and gives you great relief. Suddenly that dot in your view doesn't seem so bad, it feels good and it's interesting and you recognize it as a part of you. (For the record I got schizophrenia before I ever touched a drug)
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 200x149) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 200x149
>>24571154

>shrooms
>gloomie and eerie

The only time I ate shrooms I felt happy as fuck and couldnt stop laughing. Did LSD like 5 times and it couldnt compare.

What the fuck anon?
>>
>>24571582
did something trigger it or have you always been that way? is it common in your family?
>>
>>24565890
>stress free environment
>no shitty friends

so fucking true
>>
File: beyond textbook knowledge.png (123 KB, 616x600) Image search: [Google]
beyond textbook knowledge.png
123 KB, 616x600
>>24569810
In fact.
>>
>>24565642
You can't use psychs as a coping mechanisms.

If you don't have your shit together, they'll destroy you.
>>
>>24571776
I've always had the negative symptoms (muteness, anhedonia, etc.) but the hallucinations just came one summer. They usually only happen at night. They're very vivid and I can see people, hear them talking to me, etc., and I think they're actually happening until I realize something's wrong. Nobody in my family has it, my dad says he gets hallucinations sometimes too. I might have bipolar disorder too, which my mom has. I've had a few manic episodes where I thought I was God, meant to be the savior of humanity.
>>
>>24571154
>>24571154
You're right, LSA doesn't even involve throwing up like a madman or pissing and shitting yourself.
How can you call it a real drug and not some filthy casual soykaf?
>>
>mfw 'single quote' polack autist thinks about killing himself every day
>mfw his family hates him
>mfw everyone around him hates him
>mfw there is no reason for him to live

seriously, why haven't you ended your life yet
>>
File: not impressed.jpg (4 KB, 208x156) Image search: [Google]
not impressed.jpg
4 KB, 208x156
Why do anti-drug shitposters spend their time in these threads?

More importantly; why are you responding to them? We would have a much better thread if you just ignore the trolls.
>>
>>24570004
>I start thinking about an object's context like whether it's man-made or natural

'Humans are part of nature, so does it not mean that technology is natural?' is hardly thinking.

>>24570120
>Psychedelics are just an experience. Nothing more nothing less.

Bold-faced lie/free will tautology, 'it depends on you what you get from them'.

>You get to look inside and out like you never have before

False. You just become preoccupied by emotions, permanently.

>you can become aware of things that were always part of you but never paid any attention to

False. 'Oh my God I was a shit person' is not 'awareness', it's just, again, emotional preoccupation with how I am perceived.

>There are risks and rewards associated with every option.

Scummy, irresponsible free will-reliand implication that 'it depends on you to avoid the risk'.

>It's your path that leads up to it where the real transformation happens.

Meaningless drugged cliche, plus implication of free will.

>It can be anything you want it to be.

You literally cannot be more wrong, more responsible, and more evil than by telling people this.

> it let me see that really I'm a healthy functioning individual with flaws and imperfections, and so is everyone else

This is not 'seeing', this is just increased acceptance of others' flaws, which literally, directly harms every one of them.

>I don't fret feeling low anymore.

Degenerated drive.

>I have a better understanding of the things that I can do to lift

You understood better precisely none of those things; your definition of understanding just degenerated so to mean increased emotional intimacy with them.

CONTINUED, BECAUSE YOUR EVIL IS SO MANY I RAN OUT OF POST SPACE EVEN BEING EXTREMELY BRIEF.
>>
>>24570120
>I see that my situation is transient and not permanent, but I'm at the wheel and need to navigate myself to safer waters. I never really believed that it was all up to me. I quit blaming everyone else for my own personal problems. Take responsibility of the mess you're in. It's the first step.

There was a nice thread on /r9k/ just yesterday explaining numerous ways in which belief in free will literally harms people.

>I try, and if I fail, I am still happy I tried.

This is... absolutely morally unjustifiable. That one doesn't see this for evil is just... incomprehensible. I just don't understand. There is no worth in trying, and insofar as people believe that 'trying matters in itself', people will be happy to achieve nothing. Only achievement matters.

You are profoundly evil, profoundly corrupted, spineless person, as only 'psychedelics' can create.
>>
File: 1426487106273.png (68 KB, 385x452) Image search: [Google]
1426487106273.png
68 KB, 385x452
>>24571938
LSA isn't acid though, they have two completely different feels. LSA is more earthy. I used to take off all my clothes and swear allegiance to the Sun God on that shit.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm turning into Aleister Crowley. Maybe I should start a religion. Would anyone join me? I'm the schizophrenic by the way.
>>
>>24569358
>I bought acid with the intent of "fixing" myself, and while it helped, i'd say that overall it was a bad trip.

I see a lot of druggies going this route. Why don't they seek out professional help instead?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
>>24572226
because professionals are all normies and can't really grasp robot problems
>>
File: 1448478551012.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1448478551012.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>24572265

>waaa waa i'm a special snowflake
go back to tumblr faget
>>
>>24572328
>someone who went to college
>someone who has a family
>someone who makes a lot of money

yeah, no, they don't have a proper frame of reference on robot life

the people that can be helped by shrinks are normies going through rough patches

now fuck off, anime poster.

>inb4 le reddit
i will not go there because its garbage
>>
>>24572265
A lot more reliable than taking some drug bought off the street corner.
>>
Is it just me, or is this lysergide not all that difficult to synthesize, if you look into it and think about it?
The only difficult to get components you would need are the the Lysergic acid, and the lab equipment to verify your chemical product.

>>24572429
Why not synthesize your own if you don't trust someone else?
>>
>>24572328
>implying implications

fact remains, you think you're a special snowflake. have you even tried seeing a professional or is this your anxiety defending itself

you are overestamating your significance and so called suffering
>>
>>24572474
Most of the chemicals are impossible to find and it requires a lot of knowledge of organic chemistry (a bachelor's at least) to even begin to know what to do with them. There's a reason only a small number of labs are out there.
>>
>>24572474
Because taking acid with the intent of "fixing" your self is unfounded.
>>
>>24572571
What about just taking it for fun then?
>>
>>24572107
Heh, if you say so. Pass judgement all you like. You sound like you have had many many negative experiences in your lifetime. What made you that way?
>>
>>24572553
As I said, Lysergic acid, the main component is difficult, the rest looks trivial at a glance.

A monkey could synthesize Diethylamine with common household items.
>>
>>24572699
you have no idea what you're talking about. shut up.
>>
>>24572062
In the end, it's my life, and I have achieved a healthy life after my drug usage. I am by all measures a perfectly healthy, functioning, well adjusted individual. Can you say the same about yourself? By the way you spread vile hatred for no reason has me believe otherwise. Clearly something happened to you.
>>
>>24572625
That's not the point. The point is too many druggies resort to acid when they think it will solve their emotional problems.
>>
>>24572107
There is no free will. If there's free will then what are you and I even doing here.
>>
>>24572699
You can break anything down into a bunch of simple steps and it'll look easy, but it's a lot more difficult than "pour x into y" and "heat up z to 300 degrees". As I've said, all the LSD that's been made has been made by organic chemists and MIT students.
>>
>>24572819
>all the LSD that's been made has been made by organic chemists and MIT students.

source needed
>>
>>24572819
you don't need a phd in chemistry to make lsd but you're right in that it's not cookbook trivial.
>>
>>24572844
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard
This guy was producing 90% of the LSD in the world; he was incredibly bright, had a degree in chemistry, and his mom was an ergoline expert.
>>
>>24572870
Put me In a room with the equipment and precursors and I make it happen. It's almost trivial.

Getting the precursors and needed Chemicals is another matter. Unless you grow and extract your own ergot total synthesis with pathetic yields are your other option.
>>
>>24572938
He's busted. Who's producing it now?
>>
>>24572997

that's why you get so much fake badbad acid these days..
>>
>>24565079
Acid changed my life. I got my shit together after that and am now doing amazingly well (personally, professionally, financially, etc).
>>
>>24572975
lol okay man im sure you have tons of experience carrying out reactions under inert atmospheres. whats a schlenk line?
>>
>>24572819
Of course it's conceptually complex, especially once you actually get your hands on some lysergic acid.

>>24572750
A literal monkey can extract ethanol and Ammonia, dissolve the Ammonia and start a reaction between them.

>>24572975
That's it.
Producing Lysergic acid is ridiculously difficult, getting the other precursors and the catalysts is easy.

Verifying that everything you synthesize is what it is is on a whole other level though.
>>
>>24572997
Some other chemistry experts probably. If we knew, then they'd probably be arrested by now. It's definitely not to the same production as when he was making it or when the MIT students were making it in the '60s and '70s though. Fun fact: the MIT students made their acid in the basement of Bexley Hall, a dorm where there were no rules, no RAs, people could write on the walls, and drug use was rampant. It's still like that to this day, but they shut down the LSD lab.
>>
>>24573062
You don't have to produce Lysergic Acid, it's found in Hawaiian Woodrose seeds. From what I've read, chemists don't typically use it as a precursor because it's a more difficult synthesis.
>>
>>24568578
I'm aware, just that other retard..
>>
>>24573190
Nevermind, that's the amide. The amide's harder to turn into Lysergic Acid which is why it's not used as much. You're right about it being hard to synthesize.
>>
>>24573050
A schlenk line is a gas manifold that can be used to mix various gases in an inert atmosphere.

I am in my fourth year of organic chemistry.

If you have the equipment, and chemicals, some you can create yourself from scratch, it's trivial. To perfect the procedure, is another matter. I'm sure my first crack at it wouldn't go well, cost a lot precious precursors, with terrible yields. But the procedure is as simple as 123.

The main problem is the ergot alkaloid. I'm sure there are ways other than growing claviceps in liquid culture.
>>
>>24568431
>Peaking to Opeth on acid

That sounds like heaven.
>>
>>24567970
Take 500 mg and clear your schedule for the next 24 hours, and then just chill out and listen to music and meditate
>>
>>24573282
>some you can create yourself from scratch
The only difficult thing I am seeing in the equations I've written up while thinking about this is the lysergic acid.

You can make nearly everything else yourself or get your hands on it easily.
>>
File: 1447338957863.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447338957863.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
Any anime/movie/cartoon recommendations, chums?
It's 3:40 am and I kinda don't know what to do.
>>
>>24573838
An Organic chemistry textbook.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.