[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clean. Very clean, like my conscience.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: 1430689744028.jpg (13 KB, 440x242) Image search: [Google]
1430689744028.jpg
13 KB, 440x242
Clean. Very clean, like my conscience.
>>
File: fels.jpg (96 KB, 676x960) Image search: [Google]
fels.jpg
96 KB, 676x960
fuck i need some /r9k/ recommended movies right now. I got nothing else on this lonely friday
>>
File: 1341356461.jpg (810 KB, 1170x664) Image search: [Google]
1341356461.jpg
810 KB, 1170x664
Travis was the true robot, sleep tight cabber
>I realize now how much she's just like the others, cold and distant, and many people are like that, women for sure, they're like a union.
>>
File: 423432432.jpg (586 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
423432432.jpg
586 KB, 1920x1080
Pic related is a good robot film.
>>
>>24564980
>>24565133
I got called a try hard when I said this was a robot movie, but it really is
>>
>>24564980
Are you gunna' break my chops?
I got trouble with guys like you trying to break my chops all the time and if you're gunna break my chops y'can take it on the arches right now.
y'understand?
>>
>>24565177
fuck em man, they dont like it cause reddit loves it nowadays, but travis always was the original robot, the 20st/21st outcasted man, he has every trait most robots have and beyond
sleep tight cabber...
>>
>all i needed in my life was a sense of a place to go. A sense of purpose. I never believed that one should dedicate themselves to morbid self attention.
>>
>>24565150
the ending is so fucking great.
they should have cut the end when the camera zooms out and and the music starts to play.
>>
>>24565188
sorry sir, didnt mean that
>>
>>24565207
I think everyone assumes you're actually talking about the ending when you mention it, but his whole character is an outcast. If anything the ending is un-robot like in that he acts selflessly for someone else.
>>
>>24565728
>If anything the ending is un-robot like in that he acts selflessly for someone else.
of course, cause a hero fantasy and infatuation for a underage girl are truly un-robot things
>inb4 he was actually a hero and was just saving a poor little girl
watch it again, bud
>select all images with taxi
>>
>>24565150
more like good fedora film
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 600x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 600x873
>>24565111
roman polanski in general
>>
young men arent lonely like travis anymore, not with internet

there exists a new kind of loneliness now, i feel like the movie is obsolete now, perhaps it was a great portrayal of loneliness back in 70s but they would need to make a new "taxi driver" now
>>
I'm hip
>>
>>24565111
Zero Day
>>
>>24566743
they call him sport
>>
>>24567125
At the ending of the movie the camera sweeps across the body of the dead Sport and focuses for a second on a ring he's wearing which has a green iris on it, symbolizing Iris's release from him following Travis's rampage.
>>
>>24565111
Drive is very good. Currently I'm watching,"The assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford" I guess its from the same guy who did no country for old men. Regardless, it is very good
>>
>>24566713
a bit of text on a screen doesn't change very much
>>
>>24567153
start living completely without internet then
for lonely men internet is the only place they may be able to share their feelings and talk with other people

think of travis, he was absolutely alone with his thoughts, nothing but a television to keep him distracted

you're a retard if you dismiss the internet as just "bit of text on screen"
>>
File: The-Duke.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
The-Duke.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>24565111
Salo. Lots of Chads and Stacys getting what they deserve
>>
>>24567339
Well I never really post so its kind of weird-- like observing people talk, their conversations. I don't watch tv, like Travis, tv is just watching people talk, so I feel like it is similar in a way.
>>
decent analysis
https://youtu.be/8se9Zxy1Njo
>>
>>24567476
>having someone else chew up everything for you
>>
>>24567510
not everything thou
lots of film technique shown and explained
>>
>>24565211
These words are hitting the sweet spot
>>
File: dahmer.jpg (30 KB, 329x475) Image search: [Google]
dahmer.jpg
30 KB, 329x475
>>24565728
There's one interpretation of the movie in which nothing that we see in the movie actually happens. Travis is just a lonely fellow with nobody to talk to with a wild imagination. The very last scene this theory.

There are scenes in the movie that actually happen, like when he stares at Betsy or mostly it's his imagination. Just think about it, all this shit doesn't happen to a person.

The lonelier I became throughout the years the more I understood the movie. I think it's fair to say that most of us who don't have a life have all sort if imaginary conversations in our heads, at least I do. In fact I have more conversation in my head than with real people.

This is also what happens in American Psycho. Bateman has lost touch with society, as we robots have. What we see in the movie doesn't actually happen to Bateman, it's mostly his imagination.

Also, check pic related. Dahmer (2002), based on real life Jeffrey Dahmer. Pretty robot movie, he's autistic as fuck (he's having chocolate Santa Clauses for dinner). Yeah, he's gay, but it's not really important to the story.
>>
>>24567151
The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford is not by the guy who made No Country For Old Men, it is a great movie however.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.