[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting suckered into "donating" money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: 144294230423.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
144294230423.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
Some guy just buzzed my door bell, ruining my whole day. He said "Merry Christmas!" and handed me a cheap one page cardboard Calendar and then I said Thank you and he shook my hand. I was closing my door and he goes "Normally people give us money after they take the Calendar"...

So I went and grabbed 2 dollars and gave it to him, then closed the door.

Why the fuck was I too much of a pussy to just give him the calendar back and close my fucking door in his face?

Being raised by a single mother has ruined me.
>>
Good thing he didn't rape you, poor little girl.
>>
>>24562769
A real man would have given the calendar back and lent 10 dollars, then he would say something like: "Get the fuck out of my lawn and don't you ever come back on Christmas without a present"
>>
>>24562779
>poor little girl.

That's basically the mental mindset I have. If I'd been raised by my dad I'd be assertive and would have taken the calender and closed the door in his face and said "Optional donation right? Merry Christmas bitch"
>>
>>24562794
probably true
>>
File: 1444720606482.jpg (230 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444720606482.jpg
230 KB, 640x640
>not checking to see if it's someone you know and then immediately putting the blind back up
>not turning off the porch light on them if it's dark
>not pulling out a gun if they don't leave

In the new age there's no time for faggots on my property.
>>
>>24562769
>Christmas isn't for another month now fuck off

Problem solved.
>>
>>24562769
These are the kind of events in your life that should happen, and then you never think of them again because they're completely pointless and insignificant. It was $2 bro. Move on.
>>
Fuck this has ruined my whole day. It wasn't even much money; I'm just depressed over the fact that I couldn't do what I actually wanted to do, which was tell him to fuck off and that he makes me sick, smiling at me and saying merry christmas, shaking my hand, giving me a calendar "gift" and then asking for money.

I got fucking handled.
>>
>>24562849
It's not about the money.
>>
>>24562857
You did what a normal person would do. But you could've said "oh sorry I don't have any money" while handing it back, none of that euphoric crap.
>>
>>24562857
You gotta scream at them

"FUCK YOU MEAN NIGGA DIS SHIT IS CARDBOARD MOTHAFUCKA I DON'T PAY FOR THE SHIT I WIPE MY ASS WITH YOU BITCH ASS"

garbage like that
>>
>>24562769
i used to ignore assholes who work for charities. now i look them in the eye and flatly say 'no thanks.'
>>
Return with faeces, duh.
>>
>>24562929
It's something I'm working on. I used to ALWAYS give money, even when I was flat broke I was giving $30 a month to the UNHCR while living off ramen noodles. I always give money to homeless people and donate to charities even though I already can't afford to... I don't know wtf is wrong with me.

I'm getting better though. After an event about 2 months ago where I gave a woman begger $60 just because "oh no a woman begger" I vowed to never donate to anyone ever again. I'm tired of giving money while being someone who has needed charity myself many times in the past and received no help.

But today I broke that vow because... I don't know why. I don't understand why my immediate reaction was to go get money for this fucker instead of just handing the calendar back and saying "No thanks".
>>
>>24562769
You're a fucking retard for giving him anything. Normies shit on you all the time and when you get a chance to do something small at least to piss them off you just flake. I am disappointed.
>>
>>24562857
Used to be like you

Work retail with fat miserable fucks who go on power trips and force people to do things they dont have to do.

I've just started to be more agressive with customers and managers

Calling out today because I'm sick and some one will try to bitch.
>>
>>24562960
Normally I wouldn't answer the door, but I haven't paid the bills in a while and figured I better check if it's the landlady.
>>
>>24562769

Donating money is one of the most normie things you could possibly do.
>>
>>24562973
So what just tell him to fuck off. Is it really that hard for you to just say no to normies? Why? I mean they get mad, they try to shame you but that's about as much as they can do.
>>
>>24562867
No, it's about OP wanting to beat up on himself and make himself feel bad over practically nothing. He takes every little chance he can to weave together a delusional self-identity of failure for being raised by a single mother. In reality, he's just dwelling on the little shit that most people never give two seconds thought to.
>>
>>24562979
Cool story bro, but I'm not a normie. I do have a problem with trying to avoid conflict and also wanting to please everyone, which is probably why I have him money.
>>
>>24562971
>Calling out today because I'm sick

It's black Friday bro. Everyone will hate you forever (and rightfully so).
>>
>>24562990
It's about psychological weakness and having trouble saying "No" to people.
>>
>>24562959
Your hearts in the right place youre just being a total beta about it. Donate to medical or food donations. Fuck all the other garbage like african kids, religion, school and so on.

Also you can give to a homeless person if you want, just make sure you give them actual food though. If you give them money theyre just going to buy beer or cigarettes.
>>
>>24562769
depends on what the cause was, if it was medical, enviromental or some shit of that sort, it doesnt matter they money will be in good hands, if it was so LGBT, Africa, or feminazi organization then you fuck up son
>>
>>24562959
Why would you donate all that money? Do you just really care about the homeless people and saving the whales and shit?
>>
>>24562959
>>24563004
Also forgot to add, never donate to a homeless girl

They couldve had a good life if they werent stupid whores and decided to sack up with a good provider at a young age. If you come here you should be happy watching them freeze in the streets, not fucking become a betabux for a god damn HOMELESS GIRL who still WOULDNT FUCK YOU

Only donate to bros, bro. Chances are theyre struggling from something and society shat on them instead of giving out a helping hand.
>>
>>24563032
I feel terrible for homeless people. But the amount I donate is not normal. I don't know what's wrong with me. When I gave $60 to the homeless lady I had to go home before even reaching my destination (The local shopping mall) because that money was set aside for buying a new keyboard... Instead I gave it to some sickly old bitch in poor people clothes holding out a begging hat.

I think I feel more empathy than a normal person should.
>>
>>24562999
Black friday where I work last for a week.

I have stayed faithfully for everyday without fail and stood in over my time needed for about an hour extra after every shift

I do not give a shit.
>>
>>24563049
I thought the exact same thing after I gave her the money. Poor men have it way worse off. $60 is the most I've ever given someone, and I thought to myself "Why did I give so much to a woman?"... I've seen men who seemed way worse off.

I need to work on being more assertive.
>>
>>24562959
You sound a lot like me, but i would never give a street begger > 5$
>>
File: 1445490794279.jpg (95 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1445490794279.jpg
95 KB, 900x675
>Poor little girl with alcoholic cigarette addicted 40 year old mother and no father who looks like 70 asks if I want to buy some crap her school makes her sell
>Tell her no
Later
>At balcony during summer
>She looks at me and stares
>Stare back, she waves I wave back
Later at store buying stuff
>She sees me and waves again
>Look around to see who she waves at
>I nod
>She is playing one of those grab-games and I spend 2 bucks and win a little cuddly toy for her little sister
Middle of summer
>She is at the beach with her sister, i'm off to my secret place where nobody ever is at, its awesome place far from normie beach
>She sees me and I try to ignore her but she look so awkwardly at me so i wave then we talk and play at beach
>Show her my secret place
>End up seeing a snake nearby small path, show her my secret place and she starts to tell me her dad is dead etc talk to her occasionally when she is around with her sister
Later, summer is over
>She is selling stuff again and rings my door but she didnt know I live there
>Said ok I buy junk from her school, tell her I rather buy chocolate or something in future
a week later
>comes buy with chocolate and sells them on markup
>sees my television and hears minecraft music
>asks me if i play minecraft
>laugh and say yes
>she wants to try and I let her try since her mom is poorfag welfare hag and she only seen others play it
>she starts to come over once a week and we play minecraft together
>smoke alot of weed one day, get ultra paranoid
>voices tell me "Its NOT NORMAL for adult man to hang with child! You havent even introduced yourself to her mom! The neighbour will think you molest her, the neighbour has heard you talking to yourself, he knows you are weird! He will accuse bad stuff and all neighbours will eventually hate you!"
>Tell her next time we can hang out anymore, make excuse that I'm busy

Hanging out with her was the best time in years, happy, we used to laugh for 10 minutes straight, we got along well
>>
>>24563129
>voices tell me "Its NOT NORMAL for adult man to hang with child! You havent even introduced yourself to her mom! The neighbour will think you molest her, the neighbour has heard you talking to yourself, he knows you are weird! He will accuse bad stuff and all neighbours will eventually hate you!"

I know that feel. I got paranoid just being upstairs alone with my nephew playing Playstation. I was having a lot of fun, and I could tell he was too. But I'm an adult male. I became super paranoid that all the adults downstairs talking were thinking I was the typical "Uncle Pedophile"...

I purposely died in CoD Zombies and told my nephew I wanted to go back to dinner. I didn't though.. It was the most fun I'd had in ages. I love hanging out with and playing with children, but I'm mostly quiet and awkward so I know people will suspect me of being something I'm not (A pedo...)

So I just avoid children. Shit like this fucking makes me hate modern society.
>>
>>24562959
you must realize that relationships are about using people. people reach out to you to benefit themselves. you talk to people for the same reason. there are many reasons people seek relationships (compliment social status, get into whatever exclusive connections are available, sexual desires and even to cure loneliness) you need a good testosterone shot, try a self defense class maybe? its time to be in charge of who uses you and who doesnt. dont be the victim for a parasitic relationship. aim for mutual or be the parasite itself, thats how you win at life
>>
>>24563162
Yes it was like my cynical heart became young and happy again, my alcoholic gamer-friends are depressed scumbags, while playing with her was the best, also we baked and I helped her with homework to be a good rolemodel or whatever.

And lets face it most pedos are the fake-smiling normies but i'm certain stacy easily forgets chad for doing that to their kids

But I did remember thinking "what the hell is so wrong with grown ups interacting with children" but then I realize normie sociatal rules kinda does whatever it wants to do.

Not worth getting shit for this, I will just cherish the fun we had.
>>
>>24563162
Wow, this pisses me off. I have a good relationship with my lil cousin, we play all kinda of vidya together and his aunt seems completely comfortable with it. It was a little awkward for a while, because he has an older brother, but he became a complete normie and I struggle to hang out with, so it's much more easy for me to just play some Batman or Mario Kart with the younger one. I can see how that might be weird, choosing to play vidya with the younger of the brothers, but I would die inside if I discovered my aunt or anybody else had suspicions that he wasn't safe around me.

Fuckin hate society man.
>>
>>24563129
Introduce yourself and hang out with the whole family a few times. Invite them over and then let the little girl play your video games. Eventually, they'll probably ask if you can watch her, one day, when they need to go out and buy meth or whatever.
I hang out with a couple of my little niglet students, brothers, all the time (middle school math teacher here). I met their single mom, she invited me to their church, started going to their church, and eventually she asked me if I could watch them one day. I took them to the park and we played niggerball and then played xbox at my apartment. Ever since, we play ball almost every day after school, at the park.
I actually went to their Thanksgiving dinner, yesterday.
If you're actually not a pedophile, it'll show, but yeah, you should win their trust, first, but she could probably use a positive role model in her life, just like these little niglets without a father.
>>
>>24563061
Your empathy is extra because you don't have friends to fallback on and validate your actions when you do something "shitty". My empathy is extreme too, but I remember when I had friends I didn't care about being stupid or a spectacle, because we were all laughing together, and that was validating. But without them I've become more prudish as the only person I have to ask, "Is this acceptable?" is myself.
>>
>>24562824
I always answer my door with a butcher knife in my hand, no one tries to sell me anything.
>>
>>24563061
lol i bought liqour for this gypse whore, like 12 dollar bottles, about 5 times.

Then one day, I just felt? I dont know. Abit like that south park episode "Spare some change".

After that I look at them as non-humans
>>
>>24563066
Expert shoplifter here.

How's the stealing oppurtunities at black friday? It must be impossible to keep check on everything.

>inb4 moralfaggotry
>>
>>24562999
Oh no! Whatever will he do! He better keep being a complete doormat, or else he might lose his shitty dead-end job, and have to look for a new job! Oh, dear goodness gracious!
I'll never understand why people get so worried about their shit jobs, in the first place. I worked at Wendy's for a week, told the first customer to get an attitude with me to fuck off, quit and found another job. Quit that when someone gave me shit, found a slightly better paying job. So and so forth, until I finished college and got a shitty career, and when I get tired of this, I'll get another shitty career. It's obnoxious, stop it.
>>
>>24562769
This is a classic city scam
In NYC around Christmas if u look like a tourist they will pick you out of the crowd and give you "free" stuff
People are such fucking apes
>atomic parking lot plz
>>
I gave a homeless guy a dollar outside a gas station a couple days ago. He said he was 400 miles away from home and wanted to find a way there for thanksgiving. I had an extra dollar in quarters so I gave it to him and he said "thank you so much son". Then I went in to buy beer but the register was acting up so I was in there for like 10 mins. When I finally walked out he looked impatient and fidgety. Then as soon as I opened my car door he said to himself, "finally I can go get me something".

I knew it was gonna happen, I see this card get pulled by homeless drunks all the time but they usually wait until you leave to drop their shtick. I give more money to the guys that are honest than the ones that lie but it was thanksgiving soon and I was happy I was about to get my fix.
>>
>>24563553
Whenever I buy beer, and there's a homeless dude or two, I'll toss them a beer or two from the case on my way home. I know they're just going to buy beer with any money I'd give them, anyways, but who cares? They're homeless, may as be drunk and homeless.
>>
>>24563553
You knew he was gonna do that, why didn't you get him a beer?
>>
>>24563068
>"Why did I give so much to a woman?"
You're a thirsty beta male
>>
>>24563609
I do that too but I've been strapped for cash lately so I've only been buying pint cans of shitty beer.

>>24563652
Because he lied. If he had said he was "thirsty" or wanted to "stay warm ;)" then I'll toss em one. But I've been frequenting this gas station a lot recently and don't want to get hassled all the time. "If you give a mouse a cookie...".
>>
>>24563061

>I think I feel more empathy than a normal person should.
Search for a research paper entitled "Testosterone, Cortisol and Empathy: Evidence for the Dual-Hormone Hypothesis". You should give it a read. You might find it enlightening.
>>
>>24563695
Hey, same here.
It really only takes one solid "fuck off" to make them leave you alone. If I don't have money, and one of the regulars tries to tell me what kind of beer he wants, I just say "fuck off, this is for me tonight".
They're less likely to try and fight you, because you could just call the cops to shoo them away, they want to maintain a low profile.
>>
>>24562769

had some white Hare Krishna maniac give a "gift" of some fucking book years ago when I was in HS , took it to be polite, fucker hits me up for money immediately after

>"I-I have to go to the ATM"
>walk off
>apparently he'd fucking followed me
>catches up to me "how'd you go at the ATM"
>drop the book and run away

I got my pathetic revenge when I started uni though, happened on the EXACT SAME guy doing it in the city

>see the same guy start in on some rube as I'm walking to the tram
>he's giving her the "free book as a gift" line
>walk up next to him
>say loudly "he's trying to guilt you into giving money, it's a scam"
>woman he's trying scam looks upset, says thanks and hurries off
>just keep walking away, powdered weirdo in his gay robe doesn't say shit
>>
You know there are laws specifically to stop this sort of thing, at least with using the mail.

It's why whenever something is shipped to you, with your name, it is considered your property. In the past there were scams where you might be sent a book in the mail and then they would demand payment for it.
>>
>>24563923
OP here. I bought that fucking book. The Bhagavad Gita. I gave that Indian bastard $20 and shook his hand saying "Welcome to my Country!" and smiling a fake smile.

I was dead broke at the time. That $20 needed to last me the month. Ended up using the book as a door stopper.
>>
>>24563972

you goddamn kek, I mean I was a little bitch for being all beta to some fuckhead in a sari and baby powder, but at least I didn't give him TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS for some bullshit book

letting the side down m80
>>
>>24563923

Same fucking thing happened to me in london. He asked me for a donation so I gave him the contents of my wallet.
25p. He said they cost 5 quid to make. 'haven't got any change mate sorry'.
Is it a cult or something?
>>
>>24563962
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/mailfraud/fraudschemes/othertypes/unsolicitedfraud.aspx

Boom, there you go.
>>
>>24564015

its literally some weird cult

dude who hit me up for cash had this terrifying vacant look in his eyes like he was drugged or in a trance
>>
>>24562769
>just give him the calendar back and close my fucking door in his face?

Because you're thinking in extremes, and didn't want to end up looking inhumane. Try to remember that there is almost always a polite way to say no to anything.

>Being raised by a single mother has ruined me.

Ye, blame something else for your own weak personality you're perfectly aware of and in a position to fix, you faggot.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.