[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are normies capable of experiencing depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1533x961
So I was reading this bestseller by this normie author, and in the preface he states that he was "going through a period of depression" hence why the release of the book was slightly delayed. I keked because this guy went to an ivy league uni, has a qt 3.14 wife and 2 kids.

So are normies even capable of experiencing depression that isn't due to selfish and shallow reasons?
>>
>>24562533
yes, but for different reasons than robots'
>>
You're an idiot, it doesn't matter if it's for "selfish and shallow reasons", it doesn't matter how good their life is, they can still be depressed because it's literally a chemical imbalance.
>>
You all call me a normie and i have depression and a whole bunch of mental illnesses.

Just because i get laid, have friends and a job doesn't mean i'm not fucking retarded and just human
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>24562580
>chemical imbalance.

>Implying robots are genetically inferior
>>
>>24562533
>Are normies capable of experiencing depression?

no

tbey are not
>>
>>24562582
Fucking normie scum. You don't have problems if you can live a life.
>>
File: 1423459082458.jpg (55 KB, 618x562) Image search: [Google]
1423459082458.jpg
55 KB, 618x562
normies just get a little blue. they feel tired and down for a while, and then it gets better. If they tried something to make it better, they'll attribute it to that and tell everyone that it fixes everything. These are the /fit/fags who shitpost about how everything gets better if you just work out brah, or the people who actually feel much better on 50mg of sertraline.

They have no comprehension of actually hating your life so much that you want to end it. They can't imagine feeling that there's absolutely nothing that they find fun or interesting or compelling or motivating, that the only thing in the world they can imagine wanting is to go to sleep. That kind of depression is just beyond what they can even think of, so when they encounter someone who does have it, they think they're just some shithead malingerer, because obviously it's not THAT bad, and exercise and Zoloft will fix you right up in six weeks like it did for them.
>>
Possibly.

What makes a normie is that when it remits, they will claim that they have beaten it through sheer willpower and persistence and forcing themselves to do things, confusing the consequence of the remission (all this regained motivation) for its cause.
>>
>>24562533
>So are normies even capable of experiencing depression that isn't due to selfish and shallow reasons?
Basically no.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 621x621
>>24563360
>live

This place is hell m8
>>
>>24563196
who the fuck died and made you creepy dorks the emotions police?
daily reminder that robots lack any and all empathy for anyone different from themselves
>>
>>24562533
Mild depression at most, and not like robots feel depression.

On the scale of spicyness normie depression is like biting into a jalapeno while robots ragefuck their asses with fistfulls of ghost peppers
>>
>>24563579
Fuck off normie scum

Go hang out with your "friends" and fuck that gf slut you have silly
>>
>>24563579
It's just memes.
>>
I hate you cunts who make it a competition even more.

>Y-you c-can't understand m-my PAIN!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Robots aren't even depressed. You're just miserable and angry. It's not the same thing.
>>
>>24564219
I don't disagree, but its hard to argue that there is not a depression there, its just a depression that has never felt not depression. Or at least that was the case in my life, I look at old videos of myself and I talk and look depressed as hell and the memory imprint is the same shade, at least in hindsight or that I'm in an upspring in life.
>>
>>24564216
Why don't you leave then ?
>>
>>24564352
Nah. Then I couldn't laugh at you anymore.
>>
File: 1QfKiHb.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1QfKiHb.png
13 KB, 530x492
depression is a biological disorder.

you guys who are "depressed about your shitty lives" aren't depressed, the whole point is that your sadness and guilt are irrational.
>>
normies don't have emotions
>>
I've had 12 sexual partners and I have a girlfriend and I am still depressed. You can be depressed about things that don't have anything to do with your dick being in a vagina dumbass
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.