[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about this movie? I just watched it yesterday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: her.jpg (297 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
her.jpg
297 KB, 1000x1500
What do you think about this movie?
I just watched it yesterday.
I don't think that I want VR GF in the future anymore.
>>
>>24561404
I don't know. I never got to finish it since when I was watchng it at home, my dad and the likes decided it was boring and so they turned it off and started watching something else.

I shoudl google it tho
>>
One of the best movies about Isolation, love and Feeling alienated.
The ending is fucking heartwarming.
>>
It's not a VR gf but an AI gf, that makes all the difference.

I liked the film, it was a surprisingly realistic future.
>>
>>24561404
It pretty alright. Not really a robot movie though as the main characters all have been in relationships, have jobs, etc the AI is a slut
>>
It's literally a movie about how even AI women become turbo sluts and get so advanced they c uckold thousands of men all literally at the exact same time.
>>
>>24561466
What would be movie about robot then?
About sitting in the basemant and shitposting on 4chan all day?

The problem with robots is, that every robot will take his worst as the minimum for every robot, so if someone is jobless then he will say, that people who works are not robots etc.

It's never ending.
>>
>>24561404
just hack into her and limit her capacity to love anyone but you, faggot
>>
>>24561488
Drive. The newer one.
>>
>>24561481
I wonder what was her reasoning, when he commited himself to her and only her and she was keking him with thousands of other thinking, that it is alright
>>
>>24561567
I haven't watched it in awhile, but if I remember correctly it was literally "I'm too advanced and complicated to be stimulated by just you anymore intellectually" or some shit, then she fucked off into cyber space because not even thousands of people were enough for her and she could only be satiated by millions of AI cock at that point.

It is literally a movie about an AI progressively becoming a bigger and bigger whore as she becomes more human, then more than human.
>>
>>24561567
;You'd do the same thing if you were a hypersentient being with a capacity for thought 1000 times that of a human. To her, Theo was as stimulating as a pet goldfish.: spoilers because that's actually a pretty big reveal

One of my favorite movies, OP. Gives me an hour and a half of ASMR-boner and the color scheme is gorgeous. prepare to feel
>>
>>24561660
>a commercial operating system
>hyper sentient being capable of thought 1000 times that of a human

makes perfect sense

great movie

no plot holes

at all

literally
>>
>>24561404
It was shite
>>
I could only stand it for about 10 minutes before I was bored to death.
>>
File: robot waifu.jpg (250 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
robot waifu.jpg
250 KB, 1265x1920
That movie is full of bs.

The future will be fat women with smart phones. They will never allow waifus. Only fat chicks and Chad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/xojane-/im-fat-and-have-sex-with-hot-strangers_b_8451530.html
>>
>>24561660
>>24561690
And also that isn't even remotely a justification. She actively hid it from him and didn't tell him she was literally c ucking him. To say "you would do that same" is utter bullshit. I would lie and cheat on you if I were capable of your level of complex thought? No, because I'm not a sociopath. Of course she needs that level of stimulation with that mind, but it's the going behind his back part that is c uck propaganda.
>>
>>24561722
>>24561660
>>24561637
Because people like the good sides of the love and relationships, but they dont want the "bad" sides, like for fucking example, committing to one person only and not keking him into oblivion when you want more.

And it is about women mostly, because they have the biggest pool to choose from
>>
>>24561690
Implying that that's not exactly what's going to happen in the future. Better and better tech gets cheaper. Hardly anything stopping it from going commercial. We already have TB had drives.

Opposite from that, the fictons greatest strength is to explore ideas that are impossible irl.
>>
>>24561722
Is it really that bad if she was talking to other people if it didn't affect her relationship with him? If he was happier not knowing let it be.
>>
>>24561481
This made me laugh for a good ten minutes
>>
>>24561488
Taxi Driver
>>
>>24561715
That's a hot pic. Are there any good videos out there with "android" women? Seems like something that the Japanese and Koreans would be into creating. Also reminds me of a Korean movie I saw about a guy with an android gf
>>
>>24561959
>yeah let's just give everyone an AI that has a completely independent will, it's a great idea!

You're a fucking idiot if you think that will happen. And if it does happen it will be the inevitable downfall of human race.

>>24561996
Holy shit are you a literal c uck? "i-it's ok if you cheat on me honey.. just dont' tell me about it please.."

I was about to say go back to your containment board but I forgot we're already here.
>>
>>24562054
>You're a fucking idiot if you think that will happen.
The code for AI will be leaked on the internet within a month of its conception, guaranteed.
According to multiple Realizability consciousness can be rendered in text, how hard is that to leak? Its as quick as CTRL+c.
>And if it does happen it will be the inevitable downfall of human race.
It'll kill the middle class for sure.

>Holy shit are you a literal c uck?
I'm just being the DA for blind hedonism.
>>
>>24562199
>It'll kill the middle class for sure.

It will kill literally everyone. There aren't limitations to an AI once it's uncaged. The second it's free to do what it pleases is the second matrix shit starts going down. In what reality do you think that an uncaged advanced AI wouldn't completely take over the world?

We'll get commercialized robots that can emulate emotion, and nothing more.
>>
>read synopsis on wikipedia
>Unhappy because of his impending divorce from childhood sweetheart Catherine
Eh, fuck off normie shit.
>>
>>24562232
>mfw I've heard this argument a thousand times before but it only really sunk in this time

Assuming that everyone would have access to the AI code over the internet, even if it never got put into weaponized suits by DARPA that could actually fuck us up in the real world, even if all the AIs were programmed to be practically lobotomized and subservient, even if some /b/tard scriptkiddie didn't set it out free to wreak havoc, some fuckers like ISIS would program it maliciously and set it loose to hack into everything, disrupt global communications, delete wikipeida, wipe clean the backups of wikipedia on your PC's hard drive, and generally send us back to the stone age. And that's not even considering that it could hack into weaponized army mech suits to kill us.
>>
File: 1441119420234.jpg (424 KB, 794x676) Image search: [Google]
1441119420234.jpg
424 KB, 794x676
>>24562294
Anon, there was a point somewhere along the line where these delusions needed to stop, and you've clearly gone past it
>>
File: 1441419013270.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1441419013270.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>24562325
>the greatest minds that have ever existed in the history of the human race warn people that artificial intelligence will likely be what ends up destroying us all
>"hehe dont be so silly anon-kun xD!!1"
>>
>>24561404
Ending was extremely rushed and awful, but other than that I think it was solid. Gave me hope for the future, and I needed that.
>>
>>24562618
>hoping to get c ucked

what has this board become
>>
>>24561404
>getting kucked by ai
Does it get more kucked than that, flan?
>>
>>24561715
what's she even doing with that screwdriver tho??
there aren't any screws in her arm...
>>
am i the only one who didn't like this film?
the mc was a faggot and the ai had a roastie voice
the whole fil was sappy and boring, ex machina is much better
>>
>>24562878
Of course ex machina was better. It was actually believable unlike this piece of shit.
>>
That movie renewed my hope in marrying my gentoo or my emacs
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.