[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schizoid Personality Disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (18 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif
18 KB, 125x125
I was just diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder (Google it up) after I went to a psychologist seeking for help with my severe crippling depression.

She was absolutely shit. Never tried to help me. She just pushed her religion down my throat told me that my depression is caused by a "lack of faith" and that "I was straying from God." She refused to listen to my attempts to explain what was troubling me; and just insisted that I lack "faith." She gave no medications and therapy.

I have no shoulder to cry on. I tried so hard to make my friends and family understand what is troubling me. But I am all alone now. I can't afford to see another shrink; too expensive, and too far away to travel.
>>
>>24560624
>told me that my depression is caused by a "lack of faith" and that "I was straying from God."
I think you went to a church senpai
>>
>>24560640
Nope, it's a clinic.

Fuck.
>>
>>24560624
Fire her, report to authorities, get better shrink.
>>
Sucks for you OP. I am an actual schizoid and not a church-diagnosed one, and I don't feel any longing for anyone. I live my life in quiet comfy isolation, I just don't need people.

Though honestly I think SPD isn't really a thing. The fact that Dr. Chad says I have a personality disorder because I don't want to be his friend is just normie narcissism
>>
File: Screenshot (4).png (69 KB, 984x584) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (4).png
69 KB, 984x584
Am I a full-blooded robot?
Covert schizoid here.

>SPD is present in only 1% of the human population
>>
>>24560678
Hahaha, what the fuck? That sounds comically unethical. Seriously, find whatever recourse you can take and set her ass on fire.

Also, I learned a decent amount about SPD when I was being an edgy douche and self diagnosing with it, I'm pretty sure your only real course of action is interpersonal therapy of some kind. Medication won't help with the underlying cause, though it could help with the depression.
>>
>>24560624
Sounds like malpractice, I would report her to whatever authority that is responsible for her license.

>I have no shoulder to cry on. I tried so hard to make my friends and family understand what is troubling me.
Yeah, that sounds so schizoid. You can't reliably diagnose a personality disorder in just one session, that is retarded.
>>
File: ShhhEverythingIsAlright.jpg (15 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
ShhhEverythingIsAlright.jpg
15 KB, 250x209
>>24560763
Nah she gave me legitimate tests.

But what she did after was absolute shit.
>>
>>24560790
>Also, I learned a decent amount about SPD when I was being an edgy douche and self diagnosing with it, I'm pretty sure your only real course of action is interpersonal therapy of some kind.
You say you learned a decent amount about SPD and you can't see how OP obviously does not have it?
>>
>>24560803
Nope, it was 4 weeks worth of sessions and testing.
>>
>>24560805
If you were really schizoid, you wouldn't mind being all alone, you would embrace it.
>>
>>24560763
Is it worth getting the diagnosis? I can't see how schizoids can be helped and I'm assuming many live fairly normal lives
>>
>>24560822
I didn't realize that until I reread his post, but now I completely concur with you. I skipped that last sentence, and that was what really hammered home that he probably doesn't have it.
>>
>>24560773

>alternately feeling empty, robot-like, and full of omnipotent, vengeful fantasies
>>
personality disorders aren't even real
>>
Long story short OP, report that shrink for malpractice and find a better one.
>>
>>24560828

I don't mind being alone.
I can go for weeks comfortably shut in.

It just sucks not getting help for my depression.
>>
>>24560805
A test is only legitimate if it's conducted by a competent and qualified professional.
>>
>>24560849
Nice bait, friendo :^)
>>
>>24560624
>But I am all alone now.
>friends
>family
>all alone
You could always commit suicide. That'd make everyone happier, you and I included.
>>
File: Wojak.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>24560860
It's not worth it.

I can't afford another shrink. I pooled all of my resources to shout out for help. But I spent it all for nothing.
>>
>>24560894
She was. Medical licence on the wall and everything.

Fuck this religious country. I thought doctors are supposed to treat their patients regardless of their views?
>>
File: 1436403130748.jpg (100 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1436403130748.jpg
100 KB, 670x503
>>24560624

Go see a Priest. At least it won't cost you much. Apart from your soul.
>>
>>24560773

>autistic thinking
>>
>>24560990
Any other diagnosed Schizoids here?
>>
>>24561016
>getting diagnosed with personality disorder
can only hurt you
>>
>>24560962
That doesn't make her competent and and she should have that license withdrawn.
>>
>>24561031
Sadly. I have to agree.
>>
>>24560773
This shit looks straight out of a horoscope. Just about anyone can find like 80% of that relatable.
>>
>>24561103
That's why you need to visit a shrink to be diagnosed as one.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
>>
>>24560624
Who diagnosed you? Google or the religious nutcase in a labcoat?
>>
>>24561144
The latter. I don't see how religion can affect a diagnosis based on a series of tests. But for sure it can affect the treatment given.
>>
>>24561171
>I don't see how religion can affect a diagnosis based on a series of tests
It can.
>>
>>24561195
How?

Maybe she has never dealt with a non-religious patient before. And is using the tried-and-tested method appropriate to my culture.
>>
>>24560624
You're probably closer to avoidant personality disorder. They're pretty similar, unless if you're literally kind of crazy and delusional you might be schizoid.

I'm no expert, but you might say that schizoid personality disorder is a combination of both the schizotypal personality disorder and avoidant personality disorder.

>People affected with avoidant personality disorder avoid social interactions due to anxiety or feelings of incompetence, but those with SPD do so because they are genuinely indifferent to social relationships

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality_disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder
>>
>>24560624
There is this thing called avoidant personality disorder in which, differently from SPD, a person longs for companion but has a hard time relating with others. In SPD a person rather keep their distance from other people.

I'm not a shrink, just writing what i read about it
but to me it seems SPD isn't your case
>>
>>24560928
Anon, please, just listen to me.
Talk to a law firm. They'll listen to your case for FREE. Get on their ass, and get some cash back so you can get afford better treatment.
What she did was wrong, and you deserve better.
Go to google right now and search up a nearby law firm that gives free consultations. Call to set up an appointment for no charge and AT LEAST discuss your options.
>>
>>24560773
>Asexual, sometimes celibate

what. I thought that was the whole point of asexuality. How can you be asexual and still have sex?
>>
File: r9k childhood.gif (1 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
r9k childhood.gif
1 MB, 245x300
>>24561598
Not OP, diagnosed with AvPD. I don't want friends but I just want some titties to suck on regularly and cunt to put my dick into, also feeling the weight of another human on me.

I don't know what that makes me.
>>
psychology is a meme. no one but you can help you.
that's why so many people see psychologists and still feel like shit. you're all alone and you have to learn how to deal with that on your own.

good luck
>>
>>24561610
Ffs there is diagnosis for everything. Avodiant my ass. I mean yea a person is avodiant but why make it a fucking disorder if you dont trust every shitty human beign you interact with. Fuck psychologist and anyone who visits them for mild depression and anxiety.
>>
>>24561610
>>24561598
>>24561717

Nah, it was ruled out that I'm possibly AvPD.

I am perfectly content being Schizoid. I just want help for my depression.
>>
>>24561754
It's just a name given to refer to the phenomena of a certain pattern of social inhibitions. Quit sperging.
>>
>>24560678
Bro, easy solution, go another clinic
>>
File: Kagetora_Aida_anime.png (175 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora_Aida_anime.png
175 KB, 500x281
>>24560624
As someone with a narcissistic schizoid borderline crossdressing brother. Mental illness sucks, yo.
>>
>>24560624
>Go to see a shitty shrink
>Instantly despair

Try a different one, dipshit. You're probably not gonna find a fit right away, and from the sound of it you got particularly unlucky with this one. Just try again bruh.
>>
Going to a psychiatrist is fucking shameful. Not only are you outing yourself as someone disfunctional. What's worse you are paying some normie to delude you with retarded normie logic into being "happy". Fucking retarded.
>>
>>24561867
Y keep seeing shrinks until you find the one that will tell you you have the disorder you prefer.
>>
Covert schizo here. I dropped out of college but I've managed to control my tendicies. I have no friends beyond what groups I formed before I became that list of symptoms. I swear I can hear my parents talking shit about me rn but I'll ignore it as usual. I like being alone now as I've grown accustom to the loneliness. Will answer any questions you guys have. Godspeed to all of us
>>
>>24561906
>as I've grown accustom to the loneliness
Real schizoid don't feel loneliness
t.self diagnosed schizoid

Why did you drop out of college?
>>
>PSYCHOLOGIST
>OLOGIST
>NOT A PSYCHIATRIST
>LITERALLY
>LITERALLY GIVING MONEY TO A ROASTIE PSYCHOLOGY MAJORING WHORE WHO FUCKS EVERY CHAD AND NIGGER
>GIVING MONEY TO A WHORE WHO CANT EVEN SLING U A DOPE PERSCRIPTION

ur a fucking retard op, you got what u deserved
>>
>>24562088
haha this

also how did you know that about psychologists?
>>
>>24562088
>>24561801
>>24561895

I live in a shitty country. That 'psychologist' is the closest thing to a professional in mental health I have within a hundred fucking miles.

I just needed someone to tell me what the fuck is going on in my head and what can be done to fix it.
>>
>>24561906
OP here.

Any tips on how to successfully infiltrate normie groups? I am getting rusty.

>Anon, why are you so quiet?
>Are you feeling sad Anon?
>You are creepy.

Gah, this never happened before. Normies used to call me "perfect." What am I missing here?
>>
File: 15568556852.jpg (37 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
15568556852.jpg
37 KB, 788x685
>atheists are always more depressed and more dissatisfied when compared to religious people
>"nyehr but I don't need God"

Not sounding so euphoric there, bucko
>>
>>24563801
>forcing yourself to believe in sky wizards because it makes you feel happy inside
there are plenty of good reasons to find religion, this is not one of them
>>
>>24560624
Mate I will tell you now that psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists are full of shit. Any personality deviation from the norm is now some sort of disorder they brand you with. If there's no blood test, brain scan, MRI, biopsy, or other form of emperical test then it's not science it's quackery. Stop seeing this person and save your money.
>>
go to a psychiatrist and complain about panic attacks and anxiety keeping you up all night

they'll give you a drug called a "benzodiazepine" which will turn you into a sweet normie able to talk with no trouble, with shit tons of confidence

it will literally turn you into a normie, this is the normie pill

if they give you an SSRI complain about not being able to get it up and having awful nightmare every night, and very importantly do NOT take the SSRI
>>
>guys I have multiple mental illnesses and Ill have to take medication to prevent me from killing myself
>that fucking psychiatrist forced her religion down my throat by suggesting I do something community oriented! Fucking bitch atheism4lyf
we dont even need to spam hat meme man anymore for you to look retarded
>>
>>24563832
schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorder can be detected with brain scans
>>
>>24563801
Its pretty kekworthy how mental illness goes hand in hand with atheism. The memes are real
>>
>>24563836
also, if you wanna kill yourself just take all your benzos and drink a lot of alcohol

it's a completely painless death
>>
>>24563836
Benzos will turn you into an empty headed zombie retard. Don't listen to this douchefag
>>
>>24563947
Not him but i've taken benzos recreationally before and holy hell i wish i could feel like that 24/7. i'm not talking waves of euphoria like with opiates, but with benzos i'm just normal. i can go out and do things. i'd rather be dependent on benzos than SSRIs anyday.
>>
>>24561016
Like I would ever admit that. I need to be able to get a gun when I need to an hero.
>>
>>24563947
exactly, they'll turn you into a mindless, stupid normie, like I said

if that's the life you want to lead, it's easy, all you have to do is pop some pills

otherwise you'll have to deal with your death drive and your inability to connect with any other human beings: your intelligence, self-control and hesitation are holding you back from meaningful social contact, and that's why benzos supress all of those

if you want to be an actual zombie though, try anti-psychotics; I was on Risperdal for months and it made me so tired I couldn't move from my bed or do anything, my emotions were completely empty, and I couldn't get any words out because I was just too tired and my brain was completely gone
>>
You might hate this but what you need is to ask God for help. Or at least your guardian angel

God let these things happens because He rather temporal disgrace to save us than eternal doom in hell for us
>>
>>24564042
there are actual brain differences in schizo- patients, you can test for it with a brain scan. they have a different frontal lobe and the channels in their brain are larger. you can't pray that away.
>>
>>24560882
Well likely your depression is due to a need for social interaction which would negate the schizoid diagnose. I'm not sure what schizoids are depressed about and they mostly don't feel any need to go to see a professional for help. I'd say you're an AvPD like most here.
>>
>>24560624
There are good shrinks and bad shrinks. That she happens to be a nut doesn't necessarily mean that her diagnosis is wrong. Search out another shrink until you find one whose judgment you trust.
>>
>>24560624
>goes to psychologist
>she tries to help using religion

' M U R I C A
>>
>>24563267
what country?
how many times did you see this psychologist?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.