[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a virgin feminist anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 15
File: 1436009961544.jpg (58 KB, 394x476) Image search: [Google]
1436009961544.jpg
58 KB, 394x476
Ask a virgin feminist anything
>>
>>24560233
For what purpose did you create this thread?
>>
there is no such thing. men can't be feminists and women can't be virgins past the age of 16 because they have no self control.
>>
>>24560258
For robots to ask me anything
>>
File: 0548v.jpg (14 KB, 230x307) Image search: [Google]
0548v.jpg
14 KB, 230x307
Are you a mangina or fempenis?
>>
>>24560233
So this has been confusing me for a while.

Step one is to understand that as a white male, I have certain privileges that others do not.
Step two is ????
Step three is I am an asshole

Is this accurate?
>>
>>24560270
this
you must be lying OP
>>
>>24560282
two X chromosomes at birth and functioning uterus tbqh famm
>>
>>24560277
What do you want to be asked?
>>
>>24560233
biologically female or male?
>>
>>24560233
What was the last movie you watched?
>>
>>24560293
Not all but certain privileges (http://www.pnas.org/content/112/43/13201.abstract) indeed. I just wish you all would accept and admit this instead of being defensive every single time.

>>24560335
Princess Bride. It was pretty shit desu. Don't know why it has so much praise.
>>
>>24560354
Yeah, but say I DO accept that, what now?

People keep yelling at me for not completing step one when I am ready for step two. What do?

Is it not better to look at it the other way around, and say that rather than me having privilege, others are disadvantaged? Is it not easier to help others than to attack me?
>>
>>24560354
>study literally about making people read studies about gender bias and then asking them if they believe it
WOW
>this is problematic
WOW
>>
Are you a sex-negative or sex-positive feminist?

I respect sex positives more.
>>
>>24560368
That's great. Maybe someday the rest of /r9k/ could become like that.

>>24560388
>>study literally about making people read studies about gender bias and then asking them if they believe it
That isn't what it said, are you stupid?

>>24560412
I'm all for having as much sex as you want. Just know when to use protection.
>>
>>24560451
>participants read an actual journal abstract reporting gender bias in a STEM context (or an altered abstract reporting no gender bias in experiment 3) and evaluated the overall quality of the research.
>Results across experiments showed that men evaluate the gender-bias research less favorably than women, and, of concern, this gender difference was especially prominent among STEM faculty
Wow it turns out men don't like it when you tell them that they're sexist. This must mean they're sexist
>>
>>24560451
would you complain about female characters being made "too sexy"?

What is your opinion on so-called "sexual objectification" and how does that relate to your views on sexuality in general?
>>
>>24560233
How do you want to lose your virginity?
>>
why do you think that the last the last three major news stories held up as examples of "rape culture" (the duke lacrosse case, mattress girl, and the rolling stone gang rape story, have all turned out to be complete fabrications?
>>
File: 1442181893681.jpg (36 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1442181893681.jpg
36 KB, 221x246
>>24560233
How often do you masturbate?

Also post tits/feet/face with a timestamp
>>
which tumblr-approved color have you dyed your hair: menstrual blood red, vagina pink, patriarchy purple, oppressed black, or cis white?
>>
>>24560354

The concept of "Privilege" is nihilist garbage.
>>
>>24560233
how does it feel to be the scum of the earth that will destroy our great civilization?
>>
who is more privileged: a middle class young black women, or a homeless old white male?
>>
I have a important question: will you be my gf, please?
>>
>>24560511
atm I don't

>>24560388
>>24560483
My bad. I linked to the wrong study.
http://www.pnas.org/content/109/41/16474.full

>>24560508
I think video games are fucking retarded and nothing of value would be lost if we somehow got rid of them altogether.

>>24560545
I've been quite a fan of the dark-like-my-soul black since my birth
>>
>>24560354
can you tell me why men are more likely to receive a longer sentence than females for committing the same crime? can you tell me why men receive the death penalty more often than females for committing the same crime? can you tell me why men outnumber females in workplace deaths? can you tell me why men outnumber females in suicide rates? can you tell me why there is more public funding for breast cancer than there is prostate cancer, despite prostate cancer being more deadly and affecting more people? can you tell me why females are not required to sign up for the draft?

it's okay, take your time. i'd sure love to hear more about how males are the privileged gender
>>
>>24560623
>I think video games are fucking retarded and nothing of value would be lost if we somehow got rid of them altogether.

yeah everything that males are interested in is retarded and childish. they should do like females and spend their time with shopping, cheeky chitchat and being as obnoxious and pig disgusting as possible. i sincerely wish people like you (aka all feminists) would get rapekilled by isis
>>
>>24560623
I never mentioned video games, I don't even play them. Can you answer the question? Do you think the entertainment industry portrays an unrealistic body standard for girls, or sexually objectifies them?
>>
>>24560623
>I think video games are fucking retarded and nothing of value would be lost if we somehow got rid of them altogether.
>nothing of value would be lost
>literally a $100,000,000,000 industry

you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>24560703
>entertainment industry portrays an unrealistic body standard for girls
Yeah.

>or sexually objectifies them
Yeah.

inb4 >they do it to men too!

>>24560714
Your point? A drug cartel's worth much more than the average vidya gaem company. Doesn't mean losing them would do more harm than good.
>>
>>24560754

>implying the media can ever portray a realistic image of anything
>>
>>24560754
> an unrealistic body standard

no it's not. the only thing you need to do is not eat like a pig.

>or sexually objectifies them

no. females are sex objects by nature and thus objectify themselves.
>>
>>24560354
>>24560630
no comment? maybe you can tell me why men are more likely to be homeless, or why men are more likely to drop out of high school, or why men are more likely to be the victim of homicide, or why men are more likely to lose a custody battle, or why men can be forced to pay child support for a child that, genetically, is not theirs?

or maybe you're still thinking?
>>
>>24560754
my point is it's larger than the film industry. if you got rid of it overnight then suddenly there's hundreds of thousands of people unemployed. it's fucking ridiculous to say it has nothing of value.

and the drugs argument is specious. the government makes drugs a black market, and therefore is responsible for funneling money to criminals. completely incomparable to the video games industry.
>>
>>24560754
So you aren't sex positive. Gotcha

>sex is good Yay!!
>b-but women shouldn't be portrayed in sexual manners, that's bad!
>>
>>24560754
>inb4 >they do it to men too!
video games is an industry dominated by men, of course they display hot women

are you implying that industries that are dominated by women dont display unrealistic men?
>>
Why do you think feminism teaches women that they are all victims of male oppression? Isn't it basically telling women that they aren't responsible for anything that happens in their lives, it's all the fault of the Patriarchy? Isn't that the exact opposite of empowering women?
>>
Doesn't the fact that 75% of gender studies degrees go to women contribute to widening way to the wage gap?
>>
>>24560871
The wage gap is a fukkin myth mate
It's the product of some very interesting number tweaking
It's true that out of all women, they make about 77% of what all men make
But that's just shutty statistics and comparing apples to oranges like the male-female workplace job stats
>>
>>24560924
there's also the fact that women earn 37% of all income but somehow spend 75% of all money earned. women spend 150% more money than they even earn.

and that's because men pay 97% of all alimony.
>>
>>24560817
Notice how I emphasized "not all but certain" privileges at the very beginning: >>24560354
You're obviously begging the question and it's a loaded one at that. I don't feel obligated to take your damn bait.

>>24560836
According to only your definition of "sex positive".

>>24560843
You jumped from the video game industry, to the entertainment industry, then back to the video game industry. I see what you're trying to do there.

But my answer is no. Not nearly as much as they do with women, at the least

>>24560871
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>24560994

>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
>>
what is your opinion on sourdough bread
>>
>>24561001
>bawwwwwwww she didn't take my bait ;______;
I'm just too smart for you, famm
>>
>>24561009

initiate evasive maneuvers
>>
>>24560994
>You jumped from the video game industry, to the entertainment industry, then back to the video game industry. I see what you're trying to do there
wasnt me mate, but you looking at the video game industry in a vacuum is stupid
it's consumption dominated by men, so of course it's products are made for men

>Not nearly as much as they do with women, at the least
Bullshit. Go watch a romcom or read a glossy mag or some romance novel or etc etc
Sure they might not have bulges shoved in your face, but that isn't what women want. They want idealized men who are attractive and hypercapable and yet in tune with them

Women get their idealized men in their products, why can't men do the same without women cracking the shits
>>
>>24560994
how about you check your bitch privilege and move to africa where you can live free of cis white male patriarchy?
>>
>>24560942
source for that?
>>
>>24560994
So, as a sex-negative feminist, what other sexual practices do you regard as taboo and wish to censor or set limits upon? I've already got sexy female characters checked off. How about BDSM? That seems rather problematic.
>>
>>24561033
>all this butthurt

>>24561036
>Bullshit. Go watch a romcom or read a glossy mag or some romance novel or etc etc
I'm aware of those and my answer remains the same. The sheer volume of material is next to nothing compared to the vidya industry alone.

>Women get their idealized men in their products, why can't men do the same without women cracking the shits
>moving the goalpost
Let me remind you that the original question was "Do you think the entertainment industry portrays an unrealistic body standard for girls". I don't really see cheesy romance novels have a major impact on men's body image of themselves.
>>
>>24560994
tell me this - have you accepted and admitted your female privileges today? honestly, you're just sitting here getting defensive about facts.

as a feminist, do you think that females should be required to sign up for the draft, like all male citizens in the US are required to? and, when actually in the military, do you think that females should be put on the front line in equal number with males?

because, if not, you're not considered with equality, you're concerned with female supremacy, yes?
>>
>>24560354

double kill yourself faggot

White males will have actually recognizable tangible privilege when feminism and all your other SJW branches will die

The world will be better and it will be true that we have a privilege, a privilege earned based on our excellence

For now shut the fuck up
>>
>>24561100

You're deluded if you don't think the majority of men feel shame about their body image. Men and women should be allies in this
>>
>>24561106
The draft should be optional for both men and women

The US patriotism is stupid as fuck.

>>24561116
I'll humor you.

>>You're deluded if you don't think the majority of men feel shame about their body image
I said nothing about that. And if that's the case, you would blame it on romcoms and romance novels? You sound retarded.

>why can't men do the same without women cracking the shits
Holy shit. You get to have your cake and eat it too and you're still whining. You're catered to much more than women. Objectification of women is way more mainstream and rampant than its female counterpart based on the examples you've given yourself. Sure, a few "le evil feminazis" are crying on the internet about it, but you're still able to enjoy game with underage japanese girls in costumes skimpier than sling bikinis if you choose to.

If video games are the single biggest problem you're facing right now, you should fucking see why "check your privilege is a thing".
>>
>>24561220
why'd you avoid the second part of the question?

should females be forced to put their lives at risk in the military as often as their male counterparts?
>>
File: 530px-Nods2.gif (1 MB, 530x599) Image search: [Google]
530px-Nods2.gif
1 MB, 530x599
*nods respectfully toward you*
>>
>>24561231
>why'd you avoid the second part of the question?
I didn't.
>>
why have you avoided these questions?

>>24560859
>Why do you think feminism teaches women that they are all victims of male oppression? Isn't it basically telling women that they aren't responsible for anything that happens in their lives, it's all the fault of the Patriarchy? Isn't that the exact opposite of empowering women?

>>24560871
>Doesn't the fact that 75% of gender studies degrees go to women contribute to widening way to the wage gap?

>>24560610
>who is more privileged: a middle class young black women, or a homeless old white male?

>>24560519
>why do you think that the last the last three major news stories held up as examples of "rape culture" (the duke lacrosse case, mattress girl, and the rolling stone gang rape story, have all turned out to be complete fabrications?
>>
>>24561220
In real life, there are women who choose to wear bikinis and clothing that skimpy. Are they sexually objectifying themselves for our benefit? Or are they free and liberated women? If you think its alright in real life, why is it suddenly a sin when represented in games or movies or whatever?
>>
>>24561250
>The US patriotism is stupid as fuck.
that's not an answer.

here's another question: do you think that breast cancer research should receive more public funding than prostate cancer? remember, breast cancer affects less people and is less deadly, but currently receives more public funding. why is this, and is this example of female privilege? can you give me an answer without being defensive?
>>
>>24561220
>You're catered to much more than women.

What are
>soap operas
>beefcake/svelte characters in movies, tv shows, comics, games
>constant barrage of fitness schemes and advertisement
>parading of photoshopped, low bf% males as ideal physical specimens

Also you won't address "bait" but your form of argumentation is literally just suppression tactics and denial.

I see now that you aren't a feminist, you're just a nihilist.

Oh, and you're mad about boobies in anime and video games? Despite the fact that both have been becoming increasingly more conservative since the 80s, to the point where "raunchy" has gone from full frontal nudity to "sling bikinis." Nice body-shaming in that example you gave, by the way
>>
>>24561266
A few of them I missed and others are obviously bait. One of them I did reply to.

>>24560519
I only know of the mattress girl desu
>>
>>24561281
>>The draft should be optional for both men and women

>illiterates

>>24561286
Are those examples supposed to disprove my point or something? They don't.

>bait
Which bait are you talking about?
>>
Are you the kind of person who can never admit when they're wrong?
>>
>>24561276
>why is it suddenly a sin when represented in games or movies or whatever?
>Are they sexually objectifying themselves for our benefit? Or are they free and liberated women?
You answered your own question. You know the intention is totally different and real life humans aren't quite as attractive compared to characters designed with sexual appeal in mind from the very beginning.
>>
>>24561369

Just a troll. Should've known from the pepe.
>>
>>24561350
there were two questions, and you only answered one. and now you're avoiding the third question.

i'm now realizing how fucking retarded this thread is. i'm going to go fap to some bdsm and maybe watch a movie afterwards.
>>
>>24561380
So tell me what they were then.

>i'm now realizing how fucking retarded this thread is.
Yeah. Robot responses to me are because they have a chip on their shoulder. Did you not see this going in?
>>
>>24561369
What am I wrong about?
>>
>>24561374
Many girls dress themselves knowing full well how much it would be sexually appealing. And the clothes are designed to be sexually appealing. Just because it's a representation of what already happens irl, you think it's suddenly objectification.
>>
>>24561400

everything that is
>>
>>24561400
That right there proves that you're a fucking white knight who is trolling. Thus fucking thread is all bait, all of it is bait.
>>
>>24561400
>What am I wrong about?

probably quite a bit, like most young people.

there's two types of feminists; the ones who don't know very much about the world yet, and the ones who eventually learn that they are wrong but can't accept it.

i'm just trying to work out which one you are.

i'm guessing it's the former, since you admitted admitted you don't even know about duke lacrosse or the "a rape on campus" story.
>>
>>24561220
>If video games are the single biggest problem you're facing right now, you should fucking see why "check your privilege is a thing".
He has much worse problems. For example, there are at this very second people on tumblr posting about how people like him are creepy! And somewhere, a cute woman is having mediocre sex with a black man instead of him!

That's robot life for you.
>>
>>24561415
>Just because it's a representation of what already happens irl
Are you seriously trying to argue that this is true in video games?

>dressing characters in skimpy clothing is done for realism
el oh el

>>24561421
>>24561431
>>24561436
>can't point out spefics
Confirmed for derriere devastated
>>
>>24561464
well you're wrong about the video games industry being "of no value". that's the only comment i posted in this thread, i didn't pay attention to anything else.
>>
>>24561474
Have you never heard of the phrase "nothing of value is lost" before?

Are you new?
>>
>>24561464

must be rough being such an impotent sociopath that /r9k/ is the only place where you can feel competent

lol
>>
>>24561464
No, it's done for sexual appeal. But it's also done sexual appeal irl as well. Logically, you either have to condemn dressing sexually irl as well as in media, or condone sexually appealing dress irl as well as in media.
>>
As a feminist, could you tell me how I should kill myself? What can I do to finally push myself over the edge.
>>
>>24561474
Not her, but video games are of no value. If you take serious the claim that video games can be art, you are the true degenerate.
>>
>>24561477
i've heard the phrase, are you saying you were using it in the sense that it meant "something valued $100,000,000,000 is lost"?
>>
>>24561489
People choosing to do something themselves (people dressing up a certain way) is very different from others presenting them as something (games portraying women universally as dressed for arousal).

You can call yourself a nerd all you want and it's cool, but somebody else calling you a nerd can be an insult.
>>
>>24561494
once again
>nothing of value
>literally a $100,000,000,000 industry

pick one
>>
>>24560233

>Tranny here ask me anything

Legit question, why do so many of you come here, is it because LGBT don't want you?
>>
>>24561489
Looks like someone else answered for me already.

What's the argument again? Weren't we talking about what's more prevalent in the industry, objectification of women, or men? Since you agree that's it is indeed objectification or whatever, we can move now, right?
>>
>>24561510
>but somebody else calling you a nerd can be an insult.

Only if you choose to be insulted by it.
>>
>>24561510
Your logic only works if you believe that representing females in a video game meant to represent the female population as a whole, who all need a consensus on the quality of every woman portrayed in media. Its ridiculous. They are fictional characters. I bet you also think porn is terrible as well, just like every old conservative church-lady. Lol and you probably consider yourself modern and progressive.
>>
>>24561513
Oh, I agree games have monetary value.

They have, however, no value.

I am sure you understand what this means.

>>24561547
Not really - if you are hurt by it or not, if I call you a dickless imbecile with the intent to hurt you, it is an insult, regardless of how much it bothers you. How else would you call it?

>>24561565
>Your logic only works if you believe that representing females in a video game meant to represent the female population as a whole, who all need a consensus on the quality of every woman portrayed in media. Its ridiculous. They are fictional characters.
>>
I hope you're supporting the movement for women to fart freely, loudly, and proudly in public, especially on other people's faces. This is the kind of liberation humanity needs, taking back colonized spaces with the power of the female anus.

#FreeTheFart
>>
>>24561575
>Oh, I agree games have monetary value.
>They have, however, no value.

so just to confirm, games have value that is monetary but also no value?

>feminist logic
>>
>>24561575
>I am sure you understand what this means.

it means that you're a meme
>>
>>24561583
>>24561589
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value

I know, this is going to be very complicated for you. Language can be confusing, if you're 1. literally autistic, 2. pretending to be autistic for a rhetorical point..
>>
>>24561534
No no no. why oppose sexually appealing dress in media, but not in real life? Because both are "objectification" because I fap irl sexually dressed girls as well as those in the media.
>>
>>24561579

For too long have women been told that they must suppress their natural farts. Told that it is "unladylike", "improper", even "disgusting" to share with the world what is inherently beautiful. Throw away that patriarchal shame and let those hot farts rip from your empowered butthole. Let the whole world smell your femininity; let the whole world be filled by your inner power. You go, girl.

#FreeTheFart
>>
>>24561603
no, please elaborate. i'm interested to hear how a 100 billion dollar industry and all the people it employs, all the families it feeds and lives it sustains equates to something of no value.

i'm not sure how the wikipedia article helps, but maybe it's because it is too complicated for me. please break it down.
>>
>>24561614
*fap to
>>
Congratulations, you've once again given feminist a bad fucking name. It's people like you that make people associate this word with crazy, self centered, stubborn bitches. Good job bitch, you've made it harder for the rest of us.
>>
File: 1447307544910.jpg (48 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1447307544910.jpg
48 KB, 541x498
>>24561575
>if I call you a dickless imbecile
>How else would you call it?
Projection?
>>
File: 1424912983006.jpg (41 KB, 760x571) Image search: [Google]
1424912983006.jpg
41 KB, 760x571
>>24561614
>won't go back to the original argument
Fine by me. I'll take that as an admission that you've lost and this goalpost moving is merely a form of damage control
>>
>>24561648

will you pledge to fart on the face of the patriarchy? All true feminists have embraced the transcendent power of female flatulence. Don't be left behind, it's 2015.

#FreeTheFart
>>
>>24561636
"Feminist" calling a self-proclaimed woman a b*tch (censored because its a sexist, gendered slur)

Lmaoing @ u tb.h

Lmao you're not a feminist
>>
>>24561624
What is the value of Picasso's Guernica?
What is the value of Schubert's Winterreise?

(This is part of the answer. I'll stay with you throughout the process.)
>>
>>24561648
Umm, you're arguing with different people, as I hope you have figured out by now.
>>
>>24561648
>>24561672

this is just sad, OP

pls fart
>>
>>24561686

>video gaymes aren't meme art so they're worthless

breh
>>
>>24561575
if vidya game has no value then why do feminists want 50% of game designers to be female?

And why do they demand that females in games be portrayed in a positive and realistic manner?
>>
>>24561697
Video games are very much meme.

Not that it matters for the present conversation.

>>24561701
>if vidya game has no value then why do feminists want 50% of game designers to be female?
I don't know. None of the feminists I know want that, and I know two feminists who're working in a gaming advocacy group.

>And why do they demand that females in games be portrayed in a positive and realistic manner?
Can't speak for them, but my personal guess is what they actually want is that games do not ALWAYS portray women in negative and unrealistic manners.
>>
>>24561665
>What is the value of Picasso's Guernica?
$1,600,000 at last valuation
>What is the value of Schubert's Winterreise?
can't say, but economically speaking perhaps it's the sum of all money made from all recordings and performances?

plus of course something can be said about the enjoyment and inspiration they have provided to the people who have gazed at or listened to, appreciated, or studied.

but that's much more difficult to quantify.
>>
>>24561712
>do not ALWAYS portray women in negative and unrealistic manners.

If they think that literally all games right now portray women in negative and unrealistic manners, they will never be satisfied.
>>
>>24560994
face it kid, feminism is already established
the study you linked doesn't mean shit. because who would be stupid enough to doubt a serious STEM-paper anyway? you have to be stupid. you can't say that patriarchy exists because people are stupid. :^)
>>
>>24561714
misquoted, was supposed to reply to >>24561686
>>
>>24561712

I just think it's ironic that you cite a Picasso piece as evidence of inherent artistic value and then proceed to discard video games as a medium
>>
>>24561714
>$1,600,000 at last valuation
Okay. Can you also understand the sentences "Picasso's Guernica artistic value appears in its reflection on war and existential suffering, taking cubism from the personal to the domain of the human condition. Its worth cannot be quantified."?

>>24561721
Sorry, that "always" was imprecise. I should have said "reliable" or "predominantly" or "way too often".

>>24561731
You mean, like rain on your wedding day? Like ten thousand spoons when what you need is a knife?
>>
>>24561743
yes, i can tell the difference between someone's opinion on artistic value and real economic value.

but that's not what you said.
>>
>>24561743

No, ironic because in their time Picasso and the cubist movement were categorically rejected by retinal art aficionados like yourself

in rejecting video games as "worthless" you are espousing the same mentality that Picasso's critics did

yet here you are now vaunting Picasso
>>
>>24561636
>Congratulations, you've once again given feminist a bad fucking name.
Literally, a self-defeating ideology, m80.
>sweden
>feminissminsmsm everyfuckingwhere
>also, rape

>cry about fictional characters being sexually attractive
>call it rape culture
>advocate for the COUNTRYload dumping of people with cultures where rape is literally normal
>hope you have at least 4 witnesses to your rape in order for it to be considered legally admissible as rape by halal standards
>:^)
>If they can't fuck the assholes of little boys, should they fuck the pussies of their grandmothers?
And so on, and so fourth.

>It's people like you that make people associate this word with crazy, self centered, stubborn bitches.
That's exactly what you are, except you also act like a fucking crab in a bucket. Gender based ideologies are fucking stupid, get over yourself.

>Good job bitch, you've made it harder for the rest of us.
>u fukin kunt, ur supose 2 b moar subversive & manipulative, not openly sadistic & irrational

your both bitches
>>
>>24561773

let it go, OP
>>
Will you faggots STFU and stop arguing about video games like autists?
>>
>>24561773
>>>cry about fictional characters being sexually attractive
>implying
>>
>>24561789

autism is all we've ever known
>>
>>24561755
Let me point out the important aspect here: when you hear "value", you think "dollars", and after careful reminders by me, you remember "artistic value". When I hear "value", I think "true value", and then I'm reminded by you about the sad fact that in this society, everything only matters with regards to how many dollars it's worth.
And then I sulk back into my corner and listen to Schubert turned up so loudly, it annoys the neighbors, and angrily mumble about "kids today" and "capitalism" and how Wagner was right.

>>24561767
>retinal art aficionados
Haha, I don't even know what that is, and I AM that?

>in rejecting video games as "worthless" you are espousing the same mentality that Picasso's critics did
>yet here you are now vaunting Picasso
It's funny cause you're saying computer game designers are talented artists like Picasso.
>>
>>24561811

oh my god did you wander in from /mu/ or something lol
>>
>>24560233
>a virgin feminist
A.K.A a feminist
>>
>>24561819
I come from /hc/. Truly the best board.
>>
>>24561767
Except cubism is shit.
>>
>>24561826
A.K.A a virgin too :^)
>>
>>24561826
you mean male feminist?
>>
>>24561811
Wagner was right about the kikes
>>
>>24561833

tell that to >>24561686
>>
>>24561811
>Let me point out the important aspect here: when you hear "value", you think "dollars"

no, when i hear "value" i think "value", which includes concepts such as economic value, scientific value, artistic value, personal value, et cetera.

so when you say something has no value, i am completely justified in pointing out that in fact it does have value, EVEN IF ONLY economic value.

i don't play video games so i can't attest to their artistic value. but i can certainly see they have economic value because the figures are available to anyone who cares to look.

personally i think they probably can have artistic value; if you think movies can by art, why can't cinematic games? if you think books can be art, why can't choose-your-own adventure books or text adventure games?

but at the end of the day art is subjective so i can happily accept that you can feel games have zero artistic value while also having significant economic value (larger than the film industry, remember now), and therefore have value.
>>
>>24561786
I'm not opie, tho

>>24561793
Go ahead and fill in the blank, then.
Have you never been emotionally affected by someone's prejudice or stereotyping? If that's the case, then good for you. My question is, why pretend to be a walking speaker for the political, ideological, ideoirrational, or philosophical representation of people with vaginas just because you might or might not have one, or know someone that does? Fuck, man. Speaking for youself is already hard enough, I can't fucking see how speaking for billions of people is even manageable.
>>
>>24561851
Okay.

>>24561686
Cubism is shit.
>>
>>24561874
>if you think movies can by art, why can't cinematic games?
I didn't say they can't. I said they aren't.

>no, when i hear "value" i think "value", which includes concepts such as economic value, scientific value, artistic value, personal value, et cetera.
Look what's leading this list! This is troubling. Get your priorities straight.

>but at the end of the day art is subjective so i can happily accept that you can feel games have zero artistic value while also having significant economic value (larger than the film industry, remember now), and therefore have value.
We have come to an understanding - I am intelligible to you, and that's all I claimed I'd be.
See >>24561575
>>
>>24561881
I'm doing exactly nothing of what you just accused me of. Congrats for winning the award for the most loaded of loaded questions in this thread, I guess
>>
>>24561900
>>24561833
Final Fantasy, on the other hand - that shit's art. Look at the pixels. There's so many pixels. And the part where the white haired elf was sad after raping the dragon with his moonstone bazooka was very moving.
>>
>>24561901
>I said they aren't.

Except you have no argument as to why, you're just pretentious.
>>
>>24561913
>Except you have no argument as to why
How do you know that?

I sure as hell am pretentious though, you're on the money here.
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (33 KB, 454x566) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
33 KB, 454x566
Look at this robot. Just look at him.
>>
>>24561917

Mostly because you'd respond to that question with something as trite as
>How do you know that?

instead of, you know, an actual argument
>>
>>24561901
>I didn't say they can't. I said they aren't.

So you've played every single game and can confirm none are art? That's incredible.

Also, why didn't you respond to the example of choose your own adventure books? Do you feel like the addition of the words "if you want to do x, turn to page y" suddenly turns of a book from a piece of art into a "valueless game"? Or do you think literature simply can't be art?
>>
Hey OP, what country are you from?
>>
>>24561923
So do you KNOW it, or you assume it?

>>24561928
>So you've played every single game and can confirm none are art? That's incredible.
Actually, I'm just guessing. There may be a very well hidden game that's actually art.

Or maybe Witcher 3 actually is art, I never played it. It surely doesn't look like art to me from what I've seen.

>Also, why didn't you respond to the example of choose your own adventure books? Do you feel like the addition of the words "if you want to do x, turn to page y" suddenly turns of a book from a piece of art into a "valueless game"? Or do you think literature simply can't be art?
A lot of literature isn't art.

I'm very open to the idea of some text adventures being art, actually. Do you have an example?

I'd still say "video games aren't art" because the people who get mad at that statement usually aren't playing text adventures.
In fact, they're not even concerned about art. They just feel vaguely insulted by something that should have no bearing on them. They feel as if somebody told them their fun is bad fun.
And then, they care.
It's sad.
>>
>>24561901
>Look what's leading this list! This is troubling. Get your priorities straight.

literally irrelevant to the subject at hand

>Look what's leading this list! This is troubling. Get your priorities straight.

holy shit we live in a world with limited resources, and you are seriously suggesting artistic value is somehow more important than economic value? would you be willing to tell a starving child that the sounds of bach are more important than he or she eating?

you know what, i genuinely WISH artistic value was more important than economic value, but we don't live in a post-scarcity economy yet.

>We have come to an understanding

agreed, that games have value.
>>
>>24561954
>So do you KNOW it, or you assume it?

with that response, I know it for certain now.

>I'd still say "video games aren't art" because the people who get mad at that statement usually aren't playing text adventures.

don't foist your lack of education on others you pleb

if you want to act superior at least try not to be a dilettante
>>
>>24561308
Reply to what you think is bait. They are still valid questions. If you haven't heard of some, look it up.
>>
>>24561902
>I'm doing exactly nothing of what you just accused me of. Congrats for winning the award for the most loaded of loaded questions in this thread, I guess

How in the fuck am I supposed to know that you're anon and also tripfagOP?

And don't fucking talk to me about loaded questions when you judge my worth by simply looking at my skin tone and gender, you piece of shit. Fuck off back to tumblr or stormfront, cunt.
>>
>>24561964

>>Look what's leading this list! This is troubling. Get your priorities straight.
fyi i responded to the same point twice in two completely different ways because i'm drunk
>>
>>24561954
>I'm very open to the idea of some text adventures being art, actually. Do you have an example?

HHG2G, written by douglas adams
>>
File: 1287666826226.png (128 KB, 1954x1783) Image search: [Google]
1287666826226.png
128 KB, 1954x1783
>>24561954
>I'm very open to the idea of some text adventures being art, actually. Do you have an example?

depression quest
>>
File: 1447157404867.gif (101 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1447157404867.gif
101 KB, 235x235
>>24562020
Why don't you go for a ride, honey?
>>
>>24561964
>holy shit we live in a world with limited resources, and you are seriously suggesting artistic value is somehow more important than economic value?
Yes.
>would you be willing to tell a starving child that the sounds of bach are more important than he or she eating?
I'm saying, the people who put economic value first are why that kid is starving.

>>24561993
>with that response, I know it for certain now.
You wouldn't be a good scientist.

> dilettante
Is that french

>>24562049
It's good, but not art any more than the book is. The trilogy is fantastic, but clearly not art.

>>24562057
Common mistake: something that fails at being entertainment doesn't automatically become art.
>>
>>24562078
>You wouldn't be a good scientist.

The evidence is quite clear and the subject has little merit to warrant further study. I could ask an undergraduate to perform more research but they would probably find it very tedious
>>
File: egyptianfeminists.jpg (65 KB, 1024x1042) Image search: [Google]
egyptianfeminists.jpg
65 KB, 1024x1042
>>24562078
>Yes.
that's stupid
>I'm saying, the people who put economic value first are why that kid is starving.
because if we all made art instead he or she would somehow magically get fed?

>It's good, but not art any more than the book is. The trilogy is fantastic, but clearly not art.
eh i'd argue that it has more artistic merit than a shitload of modern art. duchamp's "fountain", for example, which may well be art but in my opinion started the decline of modern art to the point where even shit like "interior semiotics" and that feminist who queefed out eggs of paint from her vagina in public and pic related are considered art.

are these really of more artistic merit than, say the cinematic video game "heavy rain"?
>>
>>24561928
something doesn't have to be emotionally engaging or even meaningful in order to be considered art. Works can have appreciable aesthetic value just because of the technical skill and creativity employed in making them.

personally I don't usually play games for their artistic value, but that doesn't mean those games have no non-material value either. For example, games are often a competition of skill and strategy, so in the same manner as sports or chess, people can develop their self-esteem and problem-solving skills by playing them. I'm sure those things would be useless to an intellectually sophisticated and euphoric gentleman such as yourself, though.
>>
>>24562151
meant reply for >>24561954
>>
File: 1375364139906.png (312 KB, 1008x443) Image search: [Google]
1375364139906.png
312 KB, 1008x443
>>24560233
I'm also a virgin girl and I am experiencing troubles finding a relationship. I have heard that guys don't like to take a girl's virginity so I guess I'll have to live with it for awhile. Other factors in my life have also made me depressed and school is rough so I have a lot on my plate atm. I hope things are going along better for you
>>
>>24562140
Why are people starving? Because we don't produce enough food?

>eh i'd argue that it has more artistic merit than a shitload of modern art. duchamp's "fountain", for example, which may well be art but in my opinion started the decline of modern art to the point where even shit like "interior semiotics" and that feminist who queefed out eggs of paint from her vagina in public and pic related are considered art.
Stuff can be bad, and still art. Stuff can be good, and not art.

Landing on the moon or beating Nazi Germany or the Green Revolution weren't art, but they were very good.

>are these really of more artistic merit than, say the cinematic video game "heavy rain"?
Possibly - I haven't checked them out. (Duchamp's Fountain clearly is art, and so if Heavy Rain isn't art, Fountain has more artistic merit than it.)

Art very often isn't pleasurable.

>>24562151
>something doesn't have to be emotionally engaging or even meaningful in order to be considered art.
Yes.
>Works can have appreciable aesthetic value just because of the technical skill and creativity employed in making them.
No.

>personally I don't usually play games for their artistic value, but that doesn't mean those games have no non-material value either. For example, games are often a competition of skill and strategy, so in the same manner as sports or chess, people can develop their self-esteem and problem-solving skills by playing them. I'm sure those things would be useless to an intellectually sophisticated and euphoric gentleman such as yourself, though.
I accept games can be sports in the sense that Go or debating can be sports.
>>
>>24561672
neither are you kid
>>
Why are you a virgin?

As a feminist, what do you think of the World Wide Web and the effect it has on our society?
>>
>>24562188
>>Works can have appreciable aesthetic value just because of the technical skill and creativity employed in making them.
>No.
To clarify this - I am using "aesthetic" in the narrow philosophical sense here. Not in the "mom thinks it's beautiful" sense.
>>
>>24562169
DESU most guys don't really care as long as you don't make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>24562188
>Why are people starving? Because we don't produce enough food?
because of scarcity, because of the poor distribution of food, because of local economic factors, and myriad other reasons. but certainly not because we don't produce enough art.

>Possibly - I haven't checked them out.
then surely you are talking out of your ass?

why not watch 5 minutes of heavy rain and then compare it to the photo of the dead-eyed rgyptian feminists menstruating and shitting on the isis flag and tell me which has more artistic value? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRPduMzNI6k

i'm guessing you won't though, because you fear it will challenge your preconceptions.

>Fountain has more artistic merit than it
i can't help but notice you picked the least ridiculous example and ignored the more modern ones.
>>
>>24562244
>because of scarcity, because of the poor distribution of food, because of local economic factors, and myriad other reasons. but certainly not because we don't produce enough art.
It is not the purpose of art to be eaten.

Again, let it make us clear: why are some people starving? Because there is not enough food on the planet?
Because there are people doing art shows instead of working on the fields as farmers?

>then surely you are talking out of your ass?
Have you visited any of these exhibitions?

>i'm guessing you won't though, because you fear it will challenge your preconceptions.
I'll try to go through it even though it will most likely bore me to death, and distract me from listening to Schubert.
My guess: it will has as much artistic merit as a lifetime movie.

>i can't help but notice you picked the least ridiculous example and ignored the more modern ones.
No, you misread me.

I said "I can't speak about modern feminist poop-featuring exhibitions because I haven't seen them, but Fountain I am certain to have more aesthetic value".
>>
>>24562009
I briefly lost my trip while deleting it to reply to another thread.

>when you judge my worth by simply looking at my skin tone and gender
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>24562078
>I'm saying, the people who put economic value first are why that kid is starving.
Really? I'm content with simply saying that having more calories going out than in is why that kid is starving. Although I'm sure someone could explain starvation much more simplistically, either way, your peddling of an ideology is pathetic. Walk yourself to the gulag you built, asshole. Oh and bring your false sense of intelligence/intellectualism with you, that thing weighs almost as much as your fat ass. I fucking hate bleeding hearts like you who use starving children as pawns for ideological satisfaction.
>>
>>24562277
>>24562244
So is the artistic merit of Heavy Rain found in it being a meditation on boredom, and what people will pay money for if you tell them it's "deep"?

Cause I see a video game where you brush a guy's teeth with a video game controller.
Unless I'm missing something, Commander Keen seems to have more artistic value than this.

>>24562292
>Really? I'm content with simply saying that having more calories going out than in is why that kid is starving.
You're easily satisfied.

>Although I'm sure someone could explain starvation much more simplistically, either way, your peddling of an ideology is pathetic. Walk yourself to the gulag you built, asshole. Oh and bring your false sense of intelligence/intellectualism with you, that thing weighs almost as much as your fat ass. I fucking hate bleeding hearts like you who use starving children as pawns for ideological satisfaction.
I didn't bring up the starving child.

Also, you sound as if you're gonna threaten me with gorilla warfare next.
>>
>>24562309
>>24562277
>>24562244
Also, the music in that video of Heavy Rain is an example of the most bland Muzak you could find.

It's shat out by the numbers crap.
This truly is Lifetime territory.
>>
>>24562212
o-ok
blooocccvks
>>
>>24562202
Because I haven't had sex yet.

>As a feminist, what do you think of the World Wide Web and the effect it has on our society?
It's great that you can share information easily and anonymously slightly less easily. I don't like how ubiquitous it has become and how dependent on it people have become. I might have a better answer if you have anything more specific in mind.
>>
>>24562282
>>24560354
>>24560451
>>24560754
>>24560994
>>24561220

That's all you're getting out of me. Romanticising revolutions by assigning or shaming me for some original sin you choose to believe in doesn't obligate me to play your little fucking game. Your cult is a thousand times worse than the catholic church.
>>
>>24562361
Where did I shame you?
>>
>>24560282
you could have understood it from tripcode
>>
>>24562309
>You're easily satisfied.
I knew you were going to say some subpar smug shit like that, hence why I wrote "false sense of intelligence/intellectualism". Unfortunetly for the both of us, that one went way over your microcephalus.

>I didn't bring up the starving child.
Guess what? Neither did I.

>Also, you sound as if you're gonna threaten me with gorilla warfare next.
>gorilla warfare
>gorilla

You best be joking, George.
>>
File: 4348740_640px.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4348740_640px.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>170 replies and 10 images omitted
trolling neckbeards has never been easier.
>>
>>24562486
There's only 36 IPs including you. Most of this thread is video game autism
>>
>>24562464
>I knew you were going to say some subpar smug shit like that, hence why I wrote "false sense of intelligence/intellectualism"
Fuck.
He came prepared.

>Unfortunetly for the both of us, that one went way over your microcephalus.
Is that french?

>>Also, you sound as if you're gonna threaten me with gorilla warfare next.
>>gorilla warfare
>>gorilla
>You best be joking, George.
Welcome to 4chan. Is this your first time? If you feel confused by the memes, consider knowyourmeme.com.
>>
>>24562366
>>24560354
>>24560354
>>24560354
>>24560354
>>24560354

FOR FUCK'S SAKE
The more shit spews out of your mouth or out of your fingertips, the less valuable each and every burst of language diarrhea becomes. At the very fucking least, be accountable to the shitposts in your own fucking thread.
>>
>>24562540
Again, how did I shame you?
>>
>>24562507
>Fuck.
>He came prepared.
If by "came", you mean "posted", then yeah.

>you post some dumb shit
>I point it out
>you make a mockery out of your own shitpost
>and yet you still stand there oblivious to the mess you've made out of the shit you keep fucking posting

>Is that french?
Non. Est ce que c'est la deuxieme fois que t'ecrit cette merde? T'as pas quelque chose de mieux?

>Welcome to 4chan. Is this your first time? If you feel confused by the memes, consider knowyourmeme.com.
3/10 metameme, desu
You could have done much better. You should have done much better. I'm dissapointed in you, anon.
>>
>>24562643
>So this has been confusing me for a while.
>Step one is to understand that as a white male, I have certain privileges that others do not.
>Step two is ????
>Step three is I am an asshole
>Is this accurate?

>Not all but certain privileges indeed.
>I just wish you all would accept and admit this instead of being defensive every single time.

>yeah guise jus drop da presumption of innocence and admit to being privileged shitlords, mkay? Why are you even defending yourself? It's almost as if you're implying that I'm attacking you... Wait a second here?!? RAAAAAAAAAPE
>>
>>24562731
You lost me with this posted. What I'm taking from this is you're a bit too far on the spectrum, or maybe just too angry, for us to meaningfully communicate.
>>
>>24562643
One more thing, assuming things about people and then outright accusing them of denying that very same belief you chose for yourself to look through is perhaps the most entitled fucking shit I've ever fucking seen.
>>
>>24562832
Good spectrum joke, and yes, I am angry. But what "meaning" are you looking for? A possible rebuttal or a confirmation of your current beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors?
>>
>>24560354
>Not all but certain privileges (http://www.pnas.org/content/112/43/13201.abstract) indeed. I just wish you all would accept and admit this instead of being defensive every single time.

I'll accept it if you accept that women have even bigger privilege, they get easy food and sex, and never have to go to war, which is basically all humans evolved to want to do, survive and reproduce.

Sure men have privileges, but women have way bigger ones.

The only women who don't have those privileges are incredibly ugly ones, and coincidentally feminists are usually incredibly ugly.

And please don't reply telling me exception to what I just said, who cares about exceptions, I'm talking about most situations here, not the 0.1%.
>>
>>24562864
Why do you hate women?

Can you answer in french please?

>>24562880
>I'll accept it if you accept that women have even bigger privilege, they get easy food
In the 1st world? Cause, yay.
In the 3rd world? Cause, are you sure?
>>
>>24562887
>Why do you hate women?
T'es drole. Si tu veux insinuer que je suis sexiste, t'as beaucoup plus de chances avec le fait que generalement je n'aimes pas les "personnes", n'incluant pas les femmes, puisque je ne suis pas hetero avec les "personnes", mais avec les femmes, point. Le simple fait qu'il y a juste les femmes, 50% des etres humains, a qui je suis physiquement et presque exclusivement emotionellement attirer envers indiques que mon heterosexualite est identique a mon "misogyny", donc "hate" is "love" et "love" is "hate", more hippy dippy bullshit, pham. Le monopole des femmes concernant mon attention n'est pas mauvais. Elle a aucune raison d'etre mauvais. Est ce que je suis suppose de nier ma distinction (des gays et bis, etc.) et predisposition biologique d'etre hetero? das sum socjus fascist shit, bro

Also, isn't it kind of hypocritical to h8 loaded questions and then asking one? You'd think so, right? Or am i confusing you with another poster?

>Can you answer in french please?
You're welcome, whale cum.

i'm getting real tired of these fucking train captchas
>>
>>24563133
I don't speak french so I'll just pretend you just said "I like to put lego up my arse for sexual pleasure"
>>
File: 1446713783263.gif (615 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1446713783263.gif
615 KB, 500x301
>>24563202
And I'll pretend you just said "I like to put legos up my ass for sexual perversion" and not "I like to put lego up my arse for sexual pleasure", cockfag.
>>
>>24562887
c'est la vie mon petit baguette
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
So i get that feminism only exists to make women look more stupid than they already are
>>
>>24563391
But that makes no sense. Maybe you mean "I like to put lego up my arse due to sexual perversion".
>>
File: 1437011023348.jpg (25 KB, 276x270) Image search: [Google]
1437011023348.jpg
25 KB, 276x270
>>24563493
It does make sense. Don't fight it.
>>
Are you white? If so, you can't be a feminist and also benefit from the white heteropatriarchist capitalist system
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.