[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is smoking weed actually bad? I know someone that can supply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (633 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
file.png
633 KB, 780x438
Is smoking weed actually bad?
I know someone that can supply me with this shit but I don't know, could be fun, could be bad?
>>
Your life prob sucks anyways why not?
>>
>>24558989
Just drink
>>
>>24559024
I don't enjoy drinking, is weed "fun" to use without giving me headaches or shit like this?
>>
yes it is bad for your mental health, especially if you already have problems like anxiety.

anyone who says different is an idiot. Everyone who says they're anxiety is gone when they smoke doesn't realize that the weed is actually causing the anxiety in the first place

That said, if you have funds/don't care about your future its a good way to escape temporarily, just know your life is going to be worse later
>>
>>24559067
I enjoy it, but its more fun as a social event. It depends on the person, it helped me with my social anxiety, and overall made me a less bitter person who people enjoy being around and if it turns out to not be for you at least you can say you tried, it's not like your gonna die just do it pussy.
>>
weed is especially fun when paired with liquor
>>
If you have a family history of schizophrenia, or if you have anxiety, it might not be all that great for you.

I stick to drinking because my entire mother's side is fucking nuts and weed does bad things to me
>>
>>24559067
Why don't you like drinking?
if it gives you a headache or you wake up hungover its because you're dehydrated and should be drinking more water
>>
>>24558989
Psychologically yes it is bad, it can become addictive and can damage your lungs and cause anxiety,
>>
>>24558989
smoked for the first time a few days ago. took a few hits and only started to feel it after the 4th one. started feeling tingly in my legs and elbows and stomach. felt kind of "warm" and happy. I felt content, talkative, happy, etc. Food tasted good af, had a 3 musketeers bar and it was borderline orgasmic. I listened to some music and it was fucking amazing.

Just try it senpai
>>
Weed never affected my anxiety (which was severe before I had ever smoked). Then again, I am not a regular user.
>>
>>24558989
it will make you ever so slightly dumber over a long period of time
>>
File: 1448567627992.jpg (31 KB, 436x428) Image search: [Google]
1448567627992.jpg
31 KB, 436x428
>>24559067
weed isnt bad
just dont smoke if youre in a bad place and will get anxious
it gives music a whole new dimension
things feel better so fapping is incredible and video games rule when youre high
It is THE neet drug, i dont get why anyone would say otherwise
I have to say there are downsides but to be completely honest I don't experience any of them, you might be different but keep in mind I'm depressed and lonely just like you and maybe we're in a way the same
Just try smoking a little bit at first though. Like a pinch, inhale correctly, wait like five minutes and see if you feel any different
It likely wont affect you youre first time
When you're high, you'll know it. It helps to have music or a movie playing because those things will really catch your attention on how altered you are

Just my aspie advice
>>
>>24559231
thanks for the aspire advice :)
>>
>>24559131
Terrible advice.
>>
Virtually everyone who has replied already is either a troll or literally retarded. Weed is nowhere near as physiologically bad for you as alcohol. Mental effects are minor and it's not going to cause some schizoid break for you. All things considered, very mild drug. That is an objective standpoint, I'm not some weed will solve all your problems hurr durr faggot. Go ahead and try it because it's great for taking your mind off of things and living in the now. If you don't like it, that's fine, don't do it anymore. But you might as well try it because it works well for a lot of people and it might work well for you.
>>
File: 1442022980495.png (183 KB, 610x666) Image search: [Google]
1442022980495.png
183 KB, 610x666
>>24559260
s m h t b h family
>>
smoking weed isn't bad for you, but the more healthier alternative would be vaping thc oil
>>
>>24558989
Your first time will suck because you'll cough like a bitch and a slim possibility of getting a headache afterwards (if it's some garbage stuff). Personally, I can't stand smoking alone so maybe share a tiny bit your supplier or some friends who are cool with it. Just enjoy it cause it's neither a miracle drug or some reefer madness garbage, and if you don't like it the first time you aren't obligated to do it again.
>>
File: 1045156-1201142205407223-p.jpg (92 KB, 752x500) Image search: [Google]
1045156-1201142205407223-p.jpg
92 KB, 752x500
>>24558989
so i posted on here a few times asking for input on moving up north and living off the land

>many of you said you would come and join me
>got me thinking of doing something bigger
>ok lets buy some land for 4chan, live off it, do our own things
>grow weed, hemp, mushrooms, psychedelics
>brew our own wine, beer, kambucha
>develop some technologies focusing on biofuel and solar
>keep expanding

well here it is.. our fundraising
>yea its just basic, but it still took a while..
>so either donate, or do something to get people to donate, we should really get this off the ground.
>email suggestions or if you want to get involved [email protected]

>anything helps
>sure PA request
>>
>>24559280

You realize that every reliable medical institution agrees that marijuana is bad for mental health?

Maybe it won't cause a mental break but most people who smoke wind up with worse anxiety then before unless consistently staying high. Add on the fact that one of the most common reactions to marijuana is paranoia (READ: ANXIETY)
>>
>>24559351

this was meant to reply to >>24559267

but it works for both posts
>>
>>24559122
This is not true at all for me
Weed turns me into a bigger social moron than sober
Alcohol on the other hand
>>
>>24559351
^this

plus it is grown with CHEMICALS
and if you get it in your eyes you could go blind
>>
>>24559308
Smoking with other people fucking sucks
OP don't listen to this normie
>>
If you suffer for anxiety, especially panic attacks, I advice not trying it.
>>
>>24559351

>believing everyone has anxiety like you

Literally nowhere did OP say that he has anxiety. If OP shows up and says that he does, I'll agree with you. But you brought anxiety into this for no reason. I certainly don't suffer from anxiety problems and OP might not either
>>
>>24559417

This so much. I can't get high with people, when I used to smoke I'd roast one with my dealer because we were friends but leave immediately after to not feel so anxious

>>24559421

And this, it will only get worse

>>24559432

>browses /r9k/
>doesn't suffer from anxiety, social phobia, agoraphobia, avpd, or at the very least major depression

fucking normies
>>
>>24559231
This guy pretty much gots it, but I'm not sure if i'd say it's the NEET drug. I'm not sure if I could pin one down.

Oh, and munchies are real, so be prepared for that. You could try and have a veggie/fruit plate for when you get them or just demolish a bag of chips/cookies like I do.
>>
>>24559403
>chemicals
>>
>>24559231
This.
My first time was really gentle,but find something to do and your mind will be so full of fuck you'll be laughing like mad.But in a good,mellow way,not a strange way that'll make you hate getting high.You will enjoy everything,but the final thing you should know is that do NOT get high if you're stressed,for it ruins the euphoria.It tears down the castle like a catapult so to speak.
>>
>>24559494

don't feed the trolls, obvious bait post
>>
>>24558989
if you havent done it before i dont recommend it. Ive smoked weed for the last 7 years and ive finally started getting off of it, it will eventually destroy your mental capacity and you wont be able to remember shit. Some of my good friends are fucked up now cause of smoking it all the time
>>
>>24559485
This,and just find a nice chair to sit in,get a movie going and prepare to laugh at everything.And don't smoke too much or else your next stop is the toilet to puke your fucking guts out.Just have some at first,see how you like it and smoke more if you so desire.
>>
Its not bad but its also super pointless. Like yeah go ahead smoke weed... or read a book or something nigga. Anything else is more productive.
>>
File: catscratch.png (107 KB, 669x891) Image search: [Google]
catscratch.png
107 KB, 669x891
>>24559509

>>24559509

*snap* aw maaaaan
>>
>>24559564
>dont smoke too much or your next stop will be the toilet to puke your guts out
Yo what? This is obsurd, watchi talkin about man
>>
>>24559633
My first time with a good,solid bong hit had me throwing up an hour later.I have zero tolerance,and only just started.
>>
it will make you into a liberal hippie faggot and support leftism. Maybe thats what you want.
>>
>>24559612
as if people dont smoke weed and read books...
get a load of this 'either/or' igor
>>
One aspect of weed I enjoy is that it's far easier to gauge how not sober you are. Like alcohol you drink and wait and then it creeps and you don't really know if you've drank too much unless you've barely had anything whereas weed you can just sit and concentrate on not dying then you're good to go or you fall asleep and wake up right as rain.
>>
>>24559793
Yeah,this.It wears off slowly if you're really baked,and a bit quicker if you're moderately high.
>>
File: 1445964372780.jpg (298 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1445964372780.jpg
298 KB, 720x720
It makes you feel good which is the main appeal, but it effects people differently and depending on what strain you are smoking, whether its grown outdoors or indoors and whether its sativa or indica they can all effect you differently.

You should try everything at least once.
>>
>>24559793
I feel the opposite--I can better predict how alcohol will affect me. With weed I often suddenly realize I'm extremely high.
>>
>>24559963
What are you using to smoke with? A huge bong? If so,that explains why.Or a good vaporizer.Try a pipe,there's more control to it at least to me but I got zero to no tolerance.
>>
Anyone got any advice for growing my own weed? Will be renting out a place in a rural lawless town.
>>
>>24558989
>Asking whether a drug is good for you or not on a japanese imageboard filled with drug addicts

Go fucking figure. If you aren't planning on living a constructive life then I'd say, go ahead. But trust me, using a drug regularly wont lead to any good.

Myself I recovered from H and managed to turn my life around. Now 6 years later I have a VERY wellpaying job, wife and kid.
>>
>>24560037
>living in a lawless town

why would you do that?
>>
File: 1447842685338.jpg (71 KB, 630x468) Image search: [Google]
1447842685338.jpg
71 KB, 630x468
If you can moderate yourself, it's fine. A lot of people can't, however.

Avoid chuffing it down all day every day, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>24560060
It's not lawless exactly but the nearest police station is a solid drive away and everyone there is a dolebludger.
>>
>>24560084
This,moderate amounts of anything isn't too bad.Not as bad as being heavily addicted.
>>
>>24559024
weed doesn't kill your kidneys, get you hungover, and taste like shit. Also you can't OD on weed and it's not unhealthy. It's a much better alternative than alcohol
>>
My body is fucked for days after a heavy drinking night or two. Like not just the hangover, the sluggishness and increased appetite for shit foods.

A day after weed and I'm just a little foggy. Couple cups of coffee and I'm totally normal again.

Not saying its good, but pot doesn't make me overeat near as much as alcohol does the days after. Oh, and the liquid shits are real fun too...
>>
>>24559106

I've had severe anxiety since I was 17 years old to the point where I can't sleep more than an hour and a half without waking up thinking I've slept through alarms or worrying about things I've forgotten to do. When I smoke, I can calm myself down quicker before bed and can sleep up to 5 or 6 hours without waking up in a sweat.
>>
>>24561578
don't girls do liquid shits like 90% of the time?
>>
>>24558989
weed is helped me to be some kind of friend with guy from work(in the last month I smoke with him at work and whenerver I smoked it i felt good and all my insecurity is gone for short period of time(short period because for it to really help me I need to smoke it with guys from work, but I never got I was never able to do it, I am to diffrent from them)

any way I just quit my job because I can't hang out with people from work.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.