[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's so weird and saddening to know that some schools are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1448567627992.jpg (31 KB, 436x428) Image search: [Google]
1448567627992.jpg
31 KB, 436x428
It's so weird and saddening to know that some schools are starting to skip teaching kids to read cursive because they consider it useless
>>
File: 1448405487045.jpg (66 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1448405487045.jpg
66 KB, 437x437
>>24554937
>Anon, you'll thank us later when you're in mid school and need to write notes quickly
>Maybe when you're in high school you'll finally appreciate having learned cursive
>Whatever they say, cursive is very important for taking notes in uni

Second year uni and my notes are either print or electronic. Good job guys, you correctly anticipated my needs.
>>
So sad, just how like the nips stopped teaching the abacus huh?
>>
>>24554937
Are you saying it's not useless? I still remember in elementary school when I asked the teacher why we were learning this dumb bullshit and her response was
>because in highschool and above, they'll only accept papers written in cursive
And then in highschool and above you type everything.

Technically it's not completely useless. You still have to know your name in cursive so you can write your signature.
>>
Well my 7-year-olds are doing handwriting atm so obviously their school hasn't caught on that it's bullshit.

Their cursive is better than mine desu, but that's because since I learned it over 20 years ago I've never fucking used it.
>>
idk about everyone else, but cursive makes me write SLOWER instead of faster, which completely defeats the purpose of cursive. I've been trying to write in cursive again recently because it slows down my writing and forces me to write more legibly, on average each letter's stroke is longer than all the strokes put together had that same letter been written in print.
>>
>>24555105
>You still have to know your name in cursive so you can write your signature.
not really, just make your signature in print, who the fuck is gonna care
>>
File: 5678876543.gif (154 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
5678876543.gif
154 KB, 223x200
>>24555193
I write like twice as fast in cursive but it looks like shit and no one can read it besides me so i make notes in print in case anyone wants to copy
If I really take my time I can get calligraphy grade declaration of independence type writing because the school I went to from 1-8 grade made us write in cursive for all 8 years and everyone who graduated was a fucking god at handwriting by graduation
>>
are there any good ways to improve your handwriting? If I sat down and practiced writing things neater for a little bit every day would that help?
>>
>>24555105
PROTIP: "signature" does not mean "your name in cursive"
it's simply your name in your handwriting.
>>
It is useless. Most writing is done through the use of computers today. The stuff that we still write out by hand is usually required to be written in print anyway.
>>
File: 1446035780424.jpg (64 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446035780424.jpg
64 KB, 1920x1080
>>24555225
This, I seriously never understood why they hyped up cursive so much only to learn you never use it in today's world.

>implying most people in a position where they would need to write their signature a lot doesn't just have a fucking stamp

Fucking Notaries use stamps
>>
>>24555278
>This, I seriously never understood why they hyped up cursive so much only to learn you never use it in today's world.

handwriting used to be a pretty big deal back in the day

it's just a strange leftover from a time period when handwriting was very important. no one cares about handwriting anymore as long as it's legible.
>>
File: 1434877133318.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1434877133318.png
107 KB, 320x287
>>24555336
>tfw my handwriting has always looked fucking awful, like I'm talking kindergarten-tier and my hand cramps up in like a second writing a sentence

Fuck handwriting.
>>
>tfw extremely shit handwriting

It's always looked like fucking hieroglyphs. I'm so glad that computers and typewriters exist.
>>
>"you need to learn cursive because you'll be using it your whole life"
>completely forget how to write in cursive
>>
>>24554937

it's more about discipline and building up artistic skill than being useful.
>>
>>24555395
I know that totally original feel man
>>
Cursive while it is nice is an outdated medium that's only good for signatures in day to day context.
>>
>>24555272
Even so, my signature is the only instance I actually write in cursive anymore.
>>
>>24555440
I have an art degree. Cursive doesn't help in any way for drawing or visual art in general.
>>
it's fucking useless.
>>
>>24555395
Same breh.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.